Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
Challenge Title: Split the Difference
Hostess: Stamp_Momma (Lori)
Date: October 1st, 2015
Welcome to Hope You Can Cling To! We are thrilled you are here with us, and we have some amazingly creative challenges for you for the month - from some alumni of this challenge and some great new hosts as well. Every year I'm in awe of their creativity - if you could just give them a round of virtual applause right now, I'd appreciate it!
Remember that the most important part of this challenges is actually mailing your cards to MD Anderson - this challenge is such a blessing to the patients and their families, and we are incredibly grateful for your generosity throughout the month.
So let's get the party started!!
My first challenge this year is aimed at strength and hope when facing extreme hardship. As I type this up, it is 9/11, and I've been touched again in the last few days by so many stories of people who have found snippets of encouragement, restored relationships, joy and hope in the face of incomprehensible fear and heartache.
Strong people divide hardship and multiply hope.
That's what each of us who shares a card with the cancer center (either the MD Anderson Cancer Center or your local cancer center!) does... we multiply hope!
My challenge to you is a call to split the difference... respect and honor for the pain and difficulty with an overwhelming appreciation for the by-products of the hope and joy. A full card front scene, split into two with a sentiment strip.
During this month, especially because I host a challenge on opening day, it's a beautiful start to my mornings when I tour the gallery each day looking at all of your lovely, beautiful and heartfelt creations! So, don't forget to take a peek after you've made and shared your own creations. You'll be WOW'd and inspired, I promise!
I'm so excited about October. Thank YOU for being the largest part of the sharing of hope!
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2015 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!
The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
Thank you so much for participating in this card drive!
Last edited by stamp_momma; 10-02-2015 at 06:05 AM..
__________________ Mary ~~ Proud Fan Club Member ~~ QFTD #152 CC Guest Design Team Member for October 2012 & August 2013 2014 CAS Spring Design Team Member SC Guest Design Team 2015 SU Consultant "Life's greatest adventure is finding your place in the Circle of Life" - Lion King
I am having a terrible time trying to upload from my phone now. My picture for this challenge is all messed up. I have changes it and clicked submit changes and now when I go to my gallery I see no picture for the thumbnail. I don't know what is going on.
Pat MY GALLERY
Proud Fan Club Member