Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni Cards for a Cause Challenge Hostess
Join Date: Sep 2007
HYCCT1317 Stand Tall Chat Thread
Challenge Title: Stand Tall
Hostess: va.sunshine aka Teresa
Date: Thursday, October 17, 2013
I could not be happier to host a HOPE challenge again this year, touching others with my luv of creating is very near and dear to my heart!
My challenge is to "Stand Tall", make a tall/skinny card. Cancer needs to be attacked boldly, standing tall and brave; whether it is the patient or family and friends standing tall for the patient! We must stand up together against this terrible disease.
CHALLENGE: Stand Tall , make a tall card . I use a 12 x12 sheet of card stock; cut the paper 3 1/2" x 12" and fold it to be a 3 1/2" x 6" card. It fits into a business size envelope....perfect tall card!
Thank you so very much for helping, see the details below for sending in your cards.
VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2013 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!
The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)
This will be fun! Since this won't fit in a plastic envelope, do you have suggestions as to how to protect it? I think I could wrap it in clear plastic wrap, but maybe you have another idea? Thanks for the fun challenge!
Never mind...I saw the words "business envelope" and figured it would be too tall but if we make it 3 1/2 x 6, it should fit in one of my clear envies. I can use my envelope punch board and make an envelope to match....!
SCS Gallery Moderator Splitcoast Challenge Hostess Tickle a Teapotter Coordinator
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
, I made one card for two challenges today, so I uploaded it earlier but have just added the keywords for this fun challenge. Thanks, Teresa. This used to be one of my favourite card formats when I first started stamping. HYCCT1317 Tall Floral Song
Hugs, Robin http://inkmagination-robin.blogspot.com/
Death and life are in the power of the tongue...Prov. 18:21 Speak words of life!
CC Guest Design Team member Aug. 2013; QFTD201
Our Daily Bread Designs Challenge Team; Dirty Girl
Teresa- love the idea of a tall card- thought this patchwork treatment with stamped hearts and gems suited the shape. Used SU's Patches mini set from 1997 thanks to my SCS friend Diane. Added some gems for fun. Here's Patriotic Happy Birthday
In crafting, there are no mistakes, just unique creations- Mercedes Ricks
Here it is, my TALL card! Theresa, you read my mind. I was hoping to use this stamp some time during HYCCT and I was planning on making it a Tall card since the flower is so large! Thanks for the great challenge!
__________________ Mary ~~ Proud Fan Club Member ~~ QFTD #152 CC Guest Design Team Member for October 2012 & August 2013 2014 Spring Design Team Member Brand Spankin' New SU Consultuant "You're never fully dressed without a smile" - Annie