Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
Challenge Title: The Colors of October
Date: Saturday, October 12th, 2013
Hello and welcome to the 4th annual Hope You Can Cling To challenge and card drive - we are thrilled to have you here with us.
Being an October baby I'm very familiar with the October birthstones which are: Opal, Tourmaline, & Pink sapphire
The October flowers are: Calendulas and Cosmos.
See the pictures below for some October goodness
October is also the month of Hope, just one more reason why this challenge is perfect for this month!
Challenge translation: In honor of October make a card featuring pink, green, & yellow with a touch of something shimmery or opal looking. You may use any shade of pink, green, & yellow that you wish, pastels, earthy tones, or bright tones. Keep the theme of the card upbeat and happy!
I can't wait to see what you do with this color combo!
Thank you again for joining us, and see the details below for sending in your cards.
VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2013 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!
The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)
Hugs, Robin http://inkmagination-robin.blogspot.com/
Death and life are in the power of the tongue...Prov. 18:21 Speak words of life!
CC Guest Design Team member Aug. 2013; QFTD201
Our Daily Bread Designs Challenge Team; Dirty Girl
MFP Design Team
Hi, Patty. I slept in today so finally getting to link my card here for you. I'll be checking out the gallery shortly. This is a great challenge with some lovely colors plus that touch of bling. Sure to make for a gorgeous collection of cards for our patients.
Great challenge, thanks! I used SU's Girlfriends as my starting point, and added a dc frame, some dc butterflies, and a layered flower with pearlescent string and a pearl center. Here's You've Got A Friend
In crafting, there are no mistakes, just unique creations- Mercedes Ricks