Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
CARD CASE'R Splitcoast Gallery Moderator VSN Coordinator
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Out-numbered by boys!
HYCCT1306 Many Colors of Cancer Chat Thread
Challenge Title: Many Colors of Cancer
Hostess: Misti, aka Scraperwannabe
Date: Sunday, October 6th, 2013
Many Colors of Cancer
Many of us have a loved one or friend that has been affected by cancer. Choose one of the colors of cancer from THIS Site & use it on your project. Feel free to use more than one color combo on your project, if you have more than one person going through a cancer battle. In your description, let us know why you choose the color(s) you did.
Thank you again for joining us, and see the details below for sending in your cards.
VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2013 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!
The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)
I fortunately know no one going through a cancer struggle at this time! I do have a girlfriend who's in remission from Breast Cancer and my mother passed away years ago from an inoperable cancerous lung tumor. Guess I'll go look up the colors for those.....
This card is in tribute to the members of our extended family who have died from colon cancer (blue), ovarian cancer (teal), testicular cancer (lilac)and breast cancer (pink). I am very thankful for the treatments and research being done to stamp out cancers, and both my children are planning to be doctors. Here's W is for Wonderful
I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. –Maya Angelou
I am also surprised by the numerous colors for the various types of cancer. It will be difficult to make a decision as I know several people actively dealing with cancer now. A friend just had surgery for colon cancer, one is getting treatments for lymphoma, several have breast cancer, and my deceased brother had esophageal cancer.
I've been to church, two S.S. classes, and had lunch. It is now time for a nap. I'll "sleep" on this and make a card later.
__________________ Val (a/k/a Greywolf)
Proud Fan Club Member
Here's mine! I used two for cancers we've lost close loved ones to, ovarian and lung cancer, and one that I blissfully have not encountered personally - childhood cancer - but I recently read an article about how little awareness it has.
http://inkmagination-robin.blogspot.com/ Prov. 18:21 Speak life!
CC Guest Design Team member Aug. 2013; QFTD201
Our Daily Bread Designs Challenge Team; Dirty Girl; MFP Design Team; DRS Design Team
Wow Misti, I never knew there were THAT many colors for cancer. I learned something new today. I chose bright blue, the color of colon cancer, as my dear sister-in-law just succumbed from this dreadful disease. Here's my card:
__________________ Mary ~~ Proud Fan Club Member ~~ QFTD #152 CC Guest Design Team Member for October 2012 & August 2013 2014 CAS Spring Design Team Member Brand Spankin' New SU Consultuant "You're never fully dressed without a smile" - Annie