Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-31-2009, 04:21 PM   #161
Stazon Splitcoast

Diane: Do we have the cabin booked for the 9th & 10th of Oct.?
Martha: What about a presentation on the different grades of paper and what they mean. What are good for coloring on (watercolor, ink, copics, etc.) Ways to figure out what colors go best together (without a color wheel). I myself like Make's & Takes as then I have something to look at when I get home. I'm even willing to pay a small fee if necessary to cover expenses of supllies.
Bus Tour: Still looking into this but haven't heard about any coming up.

Everyone: Enjoy the days and your families. Catch y'all later. Mooooo
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-01-2009, 04:23 PM   #162
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianevey View Post
RobynO - you bet that's the box you made - I knew you'd know who I was talking about! (And I have great past experience that tells me you're a FANTASTIC teacher!) It sounds like we're set with a class at the Mill so let's plan on anyone learning the box thing (what IS that called?) at the cabin. Can you tell us what supplies we'll need to bring or how should we work that part out? How about you putting a posting here that tells about the project and we can figure on making it at the cabin on Friday night?
Can someone (ummm, that would be me!) go to the Mill, but not go for the cabin part? Or is the Mill off the board now because of the cabins?
Old 06-01-2009, 05:36 PM   #163
Pearl-ExPert

Talking Northeast WI Stampers- October 10th in Appleton!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn O View Post
Martha: What about a presentation on the different grades of paper and what they mean. What are good for coloring on (watercolor, ink, copics, etc.) Ways to figure out what colors go best together (without a color wheel). I myself like Make's & Takes as then I have something to look at when I get home. I'm even willing to pay a small fee if necessary to cover expenses of supllies.
It seems we have lots of interesting ideas floating around about what to do for the Appleton get-together. People told me it was too early to be saying what they wanted to do. I have kind of been letting things slide waiting for people to weigh in on what they would like.
I recall melv was interested in twinkling H2O's. Diane is interested in the card box. But it sounds like that is meant for doing at the cabin, correct?

Robyn, your suggestion is interesting too. I was hoping to get some more feedback from the people who are coming about what they would like to do.

Since we have a little time before we have to get serious, let's hear from some more people. We would have a limit of 20 people for the Atlas Coffee Mill.

So, CURDS! Any other ideas about a class?
1. Do you want to do a class or just look at people's stuff and visit- and eat!?
2. How much are you willing to pay for a class?
3 Do you want to learn about Twinkling H2O's?
4. Collage techniques?
5 Discussion of papers and their uses?
6 Any other ideas?

Please let me know if I'm missing anyone. Elaine? What about you? I'm sure I'm missing people and want to get people's names in order so there's no doubt about their having a place.
So far we have.

Jeaniebean55 - Jean
Dianevey - Diane
Robyn O - Robyn
Nookers 63 - Diane D.
melv- Melissa
Samantha (possible)
tigerlily55 - Martha
Barbaralynn
Sweide2 - Sue Weide
Sherie
uberadam - Laurel (Cowtown Stamps)
Karenskards - Karen
jodi horne
stitcher1 - Elaine
Sue Smith
brnidgrl - Jena

Last edited by tigerlily55; 07-06-2009 at 02:48 PM.. Reason: Wording: add names
Old 06-01-2009, 05:38 PM   #164
Pearl-ExPert

Wink Mill but no Cabin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1gr8lady View Post
Can someone (ummm, that would be me!) go to the Mill, but not go for the cabin part? Or is the Mill off the board now because of the cabins?
Yes, of course you can. The cabin not mandatory. Some people may wish to visit the cabin to see it and spend some time if that sounds ok to the folks there. But you can do whatever you'd like.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:15 PM   #165
Kookie Creator

We have the cabin booked so we can have up to 10 people each night. So far I know that we have RobynO, Nookers63, Melv and DianeVey at the cabin. As far as what I want to do at the Mill or the cabin, I'm wide open - I really want to do Robyn's box idea somewhere, sometime. Any class is fine with me and as far as cost, I'm wide open, too. I'd be happy to make something for a swap - those are always fun!
Old 06-02-2009, 02:36 PM   #166
Embossing Fanatic

Hi Diane,
I am trying to find some one to go to Appleton with me in October to stay at the cabin. It sounds like a great time. It just too far for me to drive by myself. I am trying to convince Jodi(the quiet one) or Sheri to go with. I'll let you know soon. Sue W.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:40 PM   #167
Stazon Splitcoast

1. Do you want to do a class or just look at people's stuff and visit- and eat!? Eat is good and so is looking at everyone's stuff. A good class is nice to.
2. How much are you willing to pay for a class? Depends on class $5-$25 range
3 Do you want to learn about Twinkling H2O's? Not particularly
4. Collage techniques? Would be interesting
5 Discussion of papers and their uses? Better want as this was my suggestion - but it might fit in with any of the other class choices - discuss the best type of paper for that class.
6 Any other ideas? Any new technique at that time.

OK. I'm not much help here. I am up to learning new tricks but also want to visit and see what everyone else has been up to. As we get closer I may have more comments.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:25 PM   #168
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweide2 View Post
Hi Diane,
I am trying to find some one to go to Appleton with me in October to stay at the cabin. It sounds like a great time. It just too far for me to drive by myself. I am trying to convince Jodi(the quiet one) or Sheri to go with. I'll let you know soon. Sue W.
I thought Jodi (The Shy One) was from Juneau - where are you from? I live in Hartford.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:54 PM   #169
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

My thoughts
1. Do you want to do a class or just look at people's stuff and visit- and eat!?
I would like a class
2. How much are you willing to pay for a class? up to $25, depending on what comes with it
3 Do you want to learn about Twinkling H2O's? YRS!!!!!!!!!!
4. Collage techniques? not really
5 Discussion of papers and their uses? Different types of paper, yes
6 Any other ideas? Maybe make some ABAC items---we all probably have lots of cards, but maybe we can learn to make some new "other things"

I would probably meet you in Appleton and not stay at the cabin.

Hope this helps somewhat--Barb
Old 06-02-2009, 07:45 PM   #170
Rubber Obsessor

Hi girls,
Put me down as a maybe for the Appleton get together. If I come I would only be able to come for the Mill, not the cabin part. I'll have to talk to my "partner in crime" and see if she can commit to anything right now. I'll keep watching this thread more closely.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:03 PM   #171
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn O View Post
1. Do you want to do a class or just look at people's stuff and visit- and eat!? Eat is good and so is looking at everyone's stuff. A good class is nice to.
2. How much are you willing to pay for a class? Depends on class $5-$25 range
3 Do you want to learn about Twinkling H2O's? Not particularly
4. Collage techniques? Would be interesting
5 Discussion of papers and their uses? Better want as this was my suggestion - but it might fit in with any of the other class choices - discuss the best type of paper for that class.
6 Any other ideas? Any new technique at that time.

OK. I'm not much help here. I am up to learning new tricks but also want to visit and see what everyone else has been up to. As we get closer I may have more comments.
Yes, Robyn! I should have credited you (and melv about the H20's) but I just kind of assumed everyone had read your other posts and saw what you had suggested. Never assume anything! Whether you wanted credit for your suggestion or not, you now have it!
Old 06-04-2009, 03:33 AM   #172
Kookie Creator

Let's do the cabin this way: I've reserved and paid for it. Anyone that wants to stay can contribute whatever they want (or not) toward the rental. That way those that can't afford to pay anything can still enjoy the weekend and those that can pay, pay whatever. The first 10 that we have fill it - we already have:
1-Dianevey
2-RobynO
3-Nookers63
4-Melv
5-Tiff(?)

Food can be decided on later but I am going to make a lasagne dinner ahead of time for Saturday night.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:12 AM   #173
Inking Addict

Did you reserve for 1 or 2 night. If you want to e-mail your address, I'll get a check off to you. Diane D.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:29 AM   #174
Inking Addict

Is that for both nights then? If you would like to e-mail me you address, I'll send you a check. Diane D.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:31 AM   #175
Inking Addict

LOL! Oh goodness, I forgot I replied already! Excuse please, I'm getting senile. Diane
Old 06-04-2009, 06:15 PM   #176
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nookers 63 View Post
LOL! Oh goodness, I forgot I replied already! Excuse please, I'm getting senile. Diane
Senile, schmeenile ... you're just trying to get your post count up ... we're totally onto you!

Just kidding!!!!!!!!! LOL!

Old 06-04-2009, 06:19 PM   #177
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Let's do the cabin this way: I've reserved and paid for it. Anyone that wants to stay can contribute whatever they want (or not) toward the rental. That way those that can't afford to pay anything can still enjoy the weekend and those that can pay, pay whatever. The first 10 that we have fill it - we already have:
1-Dianevey
2-RobynO
3-Nookers63
4-Melv
5-Tiff(?)

Food can be decided on later but I am going to make a lasagne dinner ahead of time for Saturday night.
What a sweetie!

Old 06-04-2009, 07:27 PM   #178
Embossing Fanatic

Hi Everyone,
Well I talked Sheri into coming to Appleton. Please put myself and Sheri down for sure. I'm still trying to convince Jodi"the quiet one" to come. Please let me know if there is anything we need to do for you. As for what we would like to do, we are open to anything as you know we are fairly new to this.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:51 PM   #179
Kookie Creator

The cabin is reserved for both Friday and Saturday nights. I'm sure we can get in there early on Friday afternoon, for anyone that wants to.

1-Dianevey
2-RobynO
3-Nookers63
4-Melv
5-Tiff
6-Sweide2
7-Sheri
Old 06-05-2009, 09:56 AM   #180
Stazon Splitcoast

Diane, You rock GF. Suggestion. We may want to put the dates on the Cabin/Appleton excursion so anyone new can see right away and not have to read the entire thread. Also for those of us going - keeps it straight in our heads as we probably have several other events we signed up for. Can't wait....October seems so far away.

Others: I'll see those of you going to the Milwaukee A Year of Cards on Sat 6/6.
Old 06-05-2009, 02:42 PM   #181
Matboard Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to uberadam

am interested in the appleton event, if I can join in. can someone please pm or email me info on it? thanks
cowtown@cowtownstamps.com
Old 06-05-2009, 03:22 PM   #182
Pearl-ExPert

Talking Of course you can join us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberadam View Post
am interested in the appleton event, if I can join in. can someone please pm or email me info on it? thanks
Yes, there is still room available. October 10th
Please see posts 123 and 163 for details (and questions) on the Atlas Coffee Mill. We are meeting at the Atlas Coffee Mill in Appleton from 10:00 am to about 2pm. We will probably be having a yet to be determined class before lunch.

Another woman dianevey , has reserved a cabin not too far from Appleton for Friday and Saturday night. If you care to stay for one or both nights, there is room available. See posts 127 and 172 for details on that.

I am signing you up for the Atlas Coffee Mill and if you wish to stay at the cabin you can contact dianevey.
Old 06-06-2009, 01:25 PM   #183
Glitter Queen

Hi this is jodi the shy one just wanted to let you know that i can come with sue and sheri to appleton in oct if there is still room please let me know if this is cool thanks jodi
Old 06-06-2009, 01:39 PM   #184
Pearl-ExPert

Talking Shy Jody

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodi horne View Post
Hi this is jodi the shy one just wanted to let you know that i can come with sue and sheri to appleton in oct if there is still room please let me know if this is cool thanks jodi
Hi Shy One!
Got you down for Atlas Coffee Mill. You can confirm with dianevey regarding the cabin. Thanks. Please let me know if you have any suggestions regarding a class for the the get together at the Mill.
Old 06-06-2009, 06:11 PM   #185
Kookie Creator

Here's the cabin update (sleeps 12) and we have it for Friday and Saturday, Oct 9th & 10th:
1-Dianevey
2-RobynO
3-Dianne from Iowa
4-Melv
5-Tiff
6-Sweide2
7-Sheri
8-Jodi Horne
9-uberadam
10-stampinmenasha
11-Brandy (coming with Melv)

The cabin is about 8 miles outside of Fremont, WI. For directions to the cabin, use their website directions on Yahoo maps. DO NOT use other map services or you're likely to get lost! If you want to see the cabin, go to www.cabinonthecreekwi.com. Lasagne dinner & dessert is taken care of for Saturday night (you don't have to be one of the staying overnight guests to join us for dinner!). I can't wait - this is SOOOO COOL!

Last edited by dianevey; 09-16-2009 at 07:00 PM..
Old 06-06-2009, 10:05 PM   #186
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Mukwonago has a Culver's and an AWESOME scrapbook store. It's bigger than Gina's, smaller than Archivers but I like it because they have things that I can't find anywhere else. They have a good size class room, if we want to do that. Should I check into Mukwonago or is that too far out of the way for some of us?
I'd love to meet other in Mukwonago. I've never been to that store
Old 06-07-2009, 10:39 AM   #187
SCS RAK Coordinator

I live about 14 minutes from Mukwonago and would also love to meet fellow curds there
Old 06-08-2009, 09:55 AM   #188
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Enjoyed meeting you at the West Allis Year of Cards this past Sat. Hope to see you at more events.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:02 AM   #189
Stazon Splitcoast

OK Curds. Do we want to do a get-together the end of June or middle of July at the Polkadots and more in Mukwonago...formerly Stampers Cupboard?

July 10th - 12th is their Rummage Sale - we could do Sat the 11th?

They have 2 classrooms and I can see if one is open that day.

These are classes offered on Sat.
Saturday July
9:30am Borders (3)
1:30pm - Quickutz Cards (3)
3:00pm - COPIC Cards (3)
Quickutz Cards - $12
Borders Class - $18
Copic Cards Class (3) -
$12

Instructor: Deb
Schweistal

Let me know what you would like to do?
Robyn O
Old 06-08-2009, 07:00 PM   #190
Rubber Obsessor

Cool

Hi fellow curds. It sounds like you guys are going to have a good time at all these get togethers. I unfortunately unable to go since some of them fall on work days that I am unable to switch. I miss seeing some of you already. I hope that many of you are thinking about coming to the shoebox I am hosting with my sis Spiffers and cousin DianeVey in August. That was one day I do have off. I am starting to look forward to it since it's really not that far away now. I have lots of work to keep me busy til then though. Hope to see or talk to some of you soon!

Tamara
Old 06-09-2009, 06:19 PM   #191
SCS RAK Coordinator

Robyn--I would love to get together in Mukwonago, except that weekend weekend does not work for me. We get home from a trip to Canada on Friday and then on Sunday, we have our family 4th of July picnic--a week after the holiday. That also means that I will miss the rummage sale this time!

Maybe another weekend--keep me posted.

Thanks, Barb
Old 06-09-2009, 08:56 PM   #192
Embossing Fanatic

Hi Ladies,
I've just found this thread, and you all seem like a fun group. I live in Green Bay and have been looking for events to attend. I'd love to join your group and attend the Appleton get together at the Atlas Coffee Mill if there's room.
Karen
(karenskards)
Old 06-10-2009, 02:16 AM   #193
Forum Fanatic

Can't wait to meet you, Karen!

Bummer, Tamara about your schedule ... but glad we'll see you in August! (Going to go look up that date again to see if I'm good to go, myself!)

Old 06-10-2009, 06:59 AM   #194
Pearl-ExPert

Talking Got you down Karen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily55 View Post
It seems we have lots of interesting ideas floating around about what to do for the Appleton get-together. People told me it was too early to be saying what they wanted to do. I have kind of been letting things slide waiting for people to weigh in on what they would like.
I recall melv was interested in twinkling H2O's. Diane is interested in the card box. But it sounds like that is meant for doing at the cabin, correct?

Robyn, your suggestion is interesting too. I was hoping to get some more feedback from the people who are coming about what they would like to do.

Since we have a little time before we have to get serious, let's hear from some more people. We would have a limit of 20 people for the Atlas Coffee Mill.

2. How much are you willing to pay for a class?
3 Do you want to learn about Twinkling H2O's?
4. Collage techniques?
5 Discussion of papers and their uses?
6 Any other ideas?

Please let me know if I'm missing anyone. Elaine? What about you? I'm sure I'm missing people and want to get people's names in order so there's no doubt about their having a place.
So far we have.

Jeaniebean55 - Jean
Dianevey - Diane
Robyn O - Robyn
Nookers 63
melv- Melissa
Samantha (possible)
tigerlily55 - Martha
Barbaralynn
Captainkitty(possible)
Sweide2
Sharon
uberadam(Cowtown Stamps)
jodi horne
Karenskards-Karen
Karen, you're in! Please let me know if you have any ideas for a class. If you are interested in staying at the cabin, you can contact dianevey.

So far I have 12 definite and 2 possibles. We're really filling up fast!
Old 06-10-2009, 07:23 PM   #195
Matboard Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to uberadam

id be happy to demo/have play time the angelina fibers if you'd like. I do sell them and can bring some along to purchase after the demo/play time with them if thats ok/allowed.

Robyn O., do you have the fathers day card we made at milwaukee? i missed that table and would love to see a scan of it. thanks if you can

am twisting the arm of a friend to join me at hartford, my part of the form is filled out waiting on her to see if she is available that day or not.

Last edited by uberadam; 06-10-2009 at 08:06 PM..
Old 06-12-2009, 06:36 PM   #196
Stazon Splitcoast

Laurel. I do have the card and will work on taking pics and uploading this weekend. Will send you a pm when done.

Quote:
id be happy to demo/have play time the angelina fibers if you'd like. I do sell them and can bring some along to purchase after the demo/play time with them if thats ok/allowed.

Robyn O., do you have the fathers day card we made at milwaukee? i missed that table and would love to see a scan of it. thanks if you can

am twisting the arm of a friend to join me at hartford, my part of the form is filled out waiting on her to see if she is available that day or not.
Old 06-12-2009, 08:37 PM   #197
Kookie Creator

RobynO - Too funny, the day you posted what Mukwonago has going on, I stopped by there but they were closed so I made a note to call them tomorrow to check it out. THANKS for checking in to it. I can do July 10th or July 11th and what ever the group decides to do is fine with me. I don't care if it's a class or just shopping.

Tigerlily55 - Please add Dianne Buls from Ankeny, Iowa on the list for the Atlas Coffee Mill, she will be coming to the cabin and that means the cabin is now full for overnighters.
Old 06-13-2009, 12:44 AM   #198
Matboard Maniac

Hey gang! Put me down for the Atlas Coffee Mill get together & Susie Smith. Can't wait to see you all again! Stop over at the flea market and see me, October is way too long to wait to see you all. Jodi, the shy one did! I have lots of stamping stuff for sale and lots of stuff you will want to case! I also have Tastefully Simple samples every day....today is Truffle Fudge Brownies. Does that entice any one!?!?!?! LOL

I am doing a Designer Series Paper share if any one is interested. See my blog for more details!
Old 06-13-2009, 05:05 AM   #199
Forum Fanatic

Hey Elaine ... where is the flea market?

Would anyone be interested in a weekday McFarland Culver's chattin-it-up play date? That way, those of us who want to browse/shop at Gina's before or after could do that, too.

Old 06-13-2009, 06:00 AM   #200
Matboard Maniac

Hey Jeaniebean! The flea market is on Hwy 13 and is south of Adams. When you are coming here from the south, the flea market is on the right hand side of the road, right before the rail road tracks as you enter Adams. Are you coming up!?!?!?!? Hope, Hope, Hope....LOL

I would be very game for a week day get together and I am sure that I could convince, Diane, Melissa, and Susie too!

Hope to see you soon!