Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-04-2009, 07:17 PM   #121
Stazon Splitcoast

The Expo had 45 vendors and a lot of great ideas.

What's the next event(s)....before Hartford in August?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-07-2009, 05:40 AM   #122
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

I agree--the show in Waukesha was great! I took the class on Saturday night and that was good too.................
Old 05-08-2009, 08:04 AM   #123
Pearl-ExPert

Talking Appleton WI - October 10th

Hi Everybody!

It sounded like there were enough people interested in coming to Appleton in October so I went ahead and booked the room at a lovely restaurant/artist boutique along the Fox River - Atlas Coffee Mill. It's actually part of an old paper mill. October 10th was the best day because that was wide open and we could have as much time as we wanted. I have it set up for 10am-2pm.

Now the question is what do people want. Would you like to have some sort of class in the morning or do you just want to mix and mingle and have lunch? If a class, what would you like to see? I was even thinking of something more along the lines of a presentation of something, rather than a make and take class. Please let me know what

We could have a display of the CURD's cows that Melissa gave out last month at the Friendship Swap! That is if they are not brought out for a another event.

I was also thinking of maybe asking those who wish to submit one item for a challenge. Since I love to read, I was thinking of a bookmark challenge. Themed or not. Just for everyone to see. If people wanted we could do a random distribution of the bookmarks so everyone takes home something different than what they came with.

Those who wish to visit Archivers or Scrapbook and Stamping Memories could do so in the afternoon on their way out of town.

This is all very wide open. I just thought I'd put a date out there so you could mark your calendars. Let me know what your thoughts are.
Old 05-09-2009, 07:43 AM   #124
Hardware Hotshot

I put it on my calendar Martha. I really want to come and meet you and all of the WI ladies. I am game for whatever you decide to do.

When you get in a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn. -- Harriet Beecher Stowe
Old 05-09-2009, 08:32 AM   #125
Forum Fanatic

Sounds like a fun relaxing way to spend a beautiful fall Saturday ... I'm in!

Old 05-09-2009, 02:26 PM   #126
Stazon Splitcoast

Appleton in October. On the calendar. As it gets closer we can firm up what we want to do.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:06 PM   #127
Kookie Creator

There's a wonderful log cabin at Fremont, not too far from Appleton, that I was at for Easter (www.cabinonthecreekwi.com). I've emailed Kelly to see if, by chance, it's open the weekend of Oct 10th. I think that was the only weekend that was already taken when I last talked to her but I've got my fingers crossed. The cabin is WONDERFUL, only 2 years old and sleeps 10 people, just $150 per night - divided up, that's pretty cheap! Linens, dishes, micro, stove, refrig, tv, fireplace, heat/air cond, canoe, fishing boat, bird feeders are all included! Fava Tea is just down the road from Archivers, I'll be going there before or after Archivers - tea & stamping - that's the life for me!
Old 05-12-2009, 06:58 PM   #128
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianevey View Post
There's a wonderful log cabin at Fremont, not too far from Appleton, that I was at for Easter (www.cabinonthecreekwi.com). I've emailed Kelly to see if, by chance, it's open the weekend of Oct 10th. I think that was the only weekend that was already taken when I last talked to her but I've got my fingers crossed. The cabin is WONDERFUL, only 2 years old and sleeps 10 people, just $150 per night - divided up, that's pretty cheap! Linens, dishes, micro, stove, refrig, tv, fireplace, heat/air cond, canoe, fishing boat, bird feeders are all included! Fava Tea is just down the road from Archivers, I'll be going there before or after Archivers - tea & stamping - that's the life for me!
Oh, wouldn't that be fun!

Old 05-12-2009, 07:17 PM   #129
Stazon Splitcoast

Slumber party....oh, that might be fun.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:09 AM   #130
Matboard Maniac

Talking Cabin in Freemont

The Cabin idea sounds wonderful!!! I LOVE TEA & STAMPING & Archivers & GOOD FRIENDS oooohhhh Disney World for mom's! This just sounds like a really good dream! Count me in! I"M SOOOOOOOO EXCITED! They need a jumping up & down icon with a backflip....just picture it here X
Old 05-13-2009, 07:05 PM   #131
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by melv View Post
The Cabin idea sounds wonderful!!! I LOVE TEA & STAMPING & Archivers & GOOD FRIENDS oooohhhh Disney World for mom's! This just sounds like a really good dream! Count me in! I"M SOOOOOOOO EXCITED! They need a jumping up & down icon with a backflip....just picture it here X
LOL!

Old 05-13-2009, 07:45 PM   #132
Kookie Creator

ALL RIGHT!!!!!! The cabin is available on Friday and Saturday nights, they have someone coming in on Sunday so checkout will need to be by 11:00 a.m. If we can get 10 people for each night, it'll only cost $15 per person, per night (note: beds are queen & double size). The cabin looks exactly like (no, wait ---- even better than) the pics on their website. I can bring a couple of those 6' folding tables - the basement is wide open, too.

Please let me know if you are interested in staying over and for Friday and Saturday or just one night or the other.

There's a barn there that they are rebuilding to be used as a hall for whatever - it'll probably be too cold to use for stamping/scrapping when we're there in October but what a cool thing to plan on for next summer!

C'mon, CURDS - let's get together!
Old 05-13-2009, 07:52 PM   #133
Kookie Creator

What would I like to do at Atlas? Hmmmm, I've been wanting to make one of those sets where the box opens up and there are all kinds of little things like note pads, paper clips, etc. but I'm afraid to try it from a tutorial online. I think (in fact, I know someone in our group that has said she's coming) that could teach us. We could get a list beforehand and each of us bring our own supplies to work with. Other than that, I'm open to any ideas, the bookmark or any other challenge item is fine with me!
Old 05-14-2009, 04:56 AM   #134
Pearl-ExPert

I have someone semi-signed up to teach. I think I have a contact that could refer me to other teachers as well. It seems as though, if there is going to be a group staying at the cabin, then we should definitely have a class Saturday morning. Many will have already started visiting and chatting Friday night so there would be less need for that Saturday. That's what I'm thinking at this point. Do you all agree?

Any other class ideas? Speak up CURDS!
Old 05-16-2009, 09:35 AM   #135
Forum Fanatic

I'd love to do Friday at the cabin, Sat. in Appleton, but will need to head home Sat. evening. I'm up for whatever in the way of activities and classes ... as long as I can mostly hang out and visit.

(Nookers, I'm still putting some of those swap cards together ... LOL!)

Old 05-16-2009, 06:53 PM   #136
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily55 View Post
I have someone semi-signed up to teach. I think I have a contact that could refer me to other teachers as well. It seems as though, if there is going to be a group staying at the cabin, then we should definitely have a class Saturday morning. Many will have already started visiting and chatting Friday night so there would be less need for that Saturday. That's what I'm thinking at this point. Do you all agree?

Any other class ideas? Speak up CURDS!
Wow. I really want to come and meet everyone and would love to spend a night in the cabin too. BUT....because my DH and I only have one car, I would need to ride with someone else. Is anyone coming from the Madison area? I live in DeForest and my DH could drive me to anyone's place so I can ride along and I will help with gas money.

I am having major surgery on May 27th and will lose half of my stomach muscles, so I will have just learned how to sit up and get around. It takes anywhere from 3-6 months for full recovery – but I am a determined patient. I want to meet people so badly.

My problem is I can't guarantee that I will be well. But I would be willing to pay for my way even if I can't make it. So if anyone is going from my area, please let me know if you have a space in your car and want company. Or if you are planning on just going up for just on Sat. that is OK too. Please PM or e-mail me.

When you get in a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn. -- Harriet Beecher Stowe
Old 05-16-2009, 08:38 PM   #137
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha View Post
Wow. I really want to come and meet everyone and would love to spend a night in the cabin too. BUT....because my DH and I only have one car, I would need to ride with someone else. Is anyone coming from the Madison area? I live in DeForest and my DH could drive me to anyone's place so I can ride along and I will help with gas money.

I am having major surgery on May 27th and will lose half of my stomach muscles, so I will have just learned how to sit up and get around. It takes anywhere from 3-6 months for full recovery – but I am a determined patient. I want to meet people so badly.

My problem is I can't guarantee that I will be well. But I would be willing to pay for my way even if I can't make it. So if anyone is going from my area, please let me know if you have a space in your car and want company. Or if you are planning on just going up for just on Sat. that is OK too. Please PM or e-mail me.
pming you!

Old 05-16-2009, 09:41 PM   #138
Embossing Fanatic

Jeanie bean55, You are too funny. Glad to see someone is as slow as I am. Mine aren"t even unpacked yet. Still in the bag yet. LOL! Must do that 1 of these days. nookers
Old 05-17-2009, 02:51 PM   #139
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nookers 63 View Post
Jeanie bean55, You are too funny. Glad to see someone is as slow as I am. Mine aren"t even unpacked yet. Still in the bag yet. LOL! Must do that 1 of these days. nookers

Old 05-17-2009, 07:12 PM   #140
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm up for both nights (Fri & Sat)

Quote:
ALL RIGHT!!!!!! The cabin is available on Friday and Saturday nights, they have someone coming in on Sunday so checkout will need to be by 11:00 a.m. If we can get 10 people for each night, it'll only cost $15 per person, per night (note: beds are queen & double size). The cabin looks exactly like (no, wait ---- even better than) the pics on their website. I can bring a couple of those 6' folding tables - the basement is wide open, too.

Please let me know if you are interested in staying over and for Friday and Saturday or just one night or the other.

There's a barn there that they are rebuilding to be used as a hall for whatever - it'll probably be too cold to use for stamping/scrapping when we're there in October but what a cool thing to plan on for next summer!

C'mon, CURDS - let's get together!
Old 05-17-2009, 07:17 PM   #141
Stazon Splitcoast

Diane,

Is that the box I made for the Friendship Shoe Box - Lottery Swap?

If so, I would be willing to show how it's done, if anyone is interested. It's really not that difficult.

Quote:
What would I like to do at Atlas? Hmmmm, I've been wanting to make one of those sets where the box opens up and there are all kinds of little things like note pads, paper clips, etc. but I'm afraid to try it from a tutorial online. I think (in fact, I know someone in our group that has said she's coming) that could teach us. We could get a list beforehand and each of us bring our own supplies to work with. Other than that, I'm open to any ideas, the bookmark or any other challenge item is fine with me!
Old 05-18-2009, 10:45 AM   #142
Matboard Maniac

Smile YAAA!!!

I can attend both nights!!! That's the only way I get any scrapbooking done. Thinkin' about doing recital picks from this year and last year.

I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!
Old 05-18-2009, 06:03 PM   #143
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn O View Post
Mad City was super. I was blown away by everyone's cards and swaps.
Now working on Friendship in April and counting down the days.
May is VSN
June ???
July ???
Aug: Convention and Hartford

Happy stamping everyone.
Hi everybody! I just found this thread last night and it sounds like you do lots of fun stuff!! I love meeting new people and I'd love to get together sometime with any(every)body!

I don't know if you all heard about the card swap next month that is being hosted by Vivi'sMommy (I think that's at least close) in Waukesha? It could possible fill in Robin O's spot in June.

I actually don't even know if there's room left in the swap, but if you're interested in the details, I can dig up the post with all the info. Let me know!

Hope to meet you soon!
Old 05-18-2009, 07:32 PM   #144
Embossing Fanatic

Hi, You can put me down for both nights. Really sounds like a lot of fun. Diane Dilworth
Old 05-18-2009, 08:21 PM   #145
Kookie Creator

RobynO - you bet that's the box you made - I knew you'd know who I was talking about! (And I have great past experience that tells me you're a FANTASTIC teacher!) It sounds like we're set with a class at the Mill so let's plan on anyone learning the box thing (what IS that called?) at the cabin. Can you tell us what supplies we'll need to bring or how should we work that part out? How about you putting a posting here that tells about the project and we can figure on making it at the cabin on Friday night?
Old 05-18-2009, 08:29 PM   #146
Kookie Creator

Default I'm SOOO excited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nookers 63 View Post
Hi, You can put me down for both nights. Really sounds like a lot of fun. Diane Dilworth
This is going a FANTASTIC weekend! C'mon - CURDS, let's all make it to this one! In another day or two, I'll start a list of those of us that are coming and for which nights. As we get closer to the date, maybe we can each sign up to bring a some sort of dishes to share, I'll volunteer to make something ahead of time for Saturday's supper at the cabin unless people would rather go out.
Old 05-19-2009, 02:38 AM   #147
Forum Fanatic

Hi all, I know I've dropped the ball on finding out when Gina K's is doing their Sat Open Houses and getting a Culver's table set up for us. I realized that the fastest way I can know about those dates is to pm Gina, Jessica and/or Karen ... duh! Will do that now ...

Old 05-19-2009, 05:45 PM   #148
Stazon Splitcoast

If everyone else would like this, I will be happy to do a class. When we know for sure I'll post the supplies needed.

Diane...Put me down for Friday and Saturday.

Quote:
RobynO - you bet that's the box you made - I knew you'd know who I was talking about! (And I have great past experience that tells me you're a FANTASTIC teacher!) It sounds like we're set with a class at the Mill so let's plan on anyone learning the box thing (what IS that called?) at the cabin. Can you tell us what supplies we'll need to bring or how should we work that part out? How about you putting a posting here that tells about the project and we can figure on making it at the cabin on Friday night?
Old 05-23-2009, 04:21 AM   #149
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniebean55 View Post
Hi all, I know I've dropped the ball on finding out when Gina K's is doing their Sat Open Houses and getting a Culver's table set up for us. I realized that the fastest way I can know about those dates is to pm Gina, Jessica and/or Karen ... duh! Will do that now ...
I've not heard back from Gina's yet, but I know they're all busy gals and I think they're gearing up for a new release, yes? I'll let y'all know about the next open house as soon as I find out. (Unless anyone else can track it down faster. I can never call during the day, I'm up to my eyeballs with awesome but brain consuming kiddos ... )

Old 05-23-2009, 08:05 AM   #150
Forum Fanatic

Well, yay and darn! Just heard from Gina ... the online store is busting at the seams and has overtaken the classroom portion of the shop. The Gina K team will be meeting shortly to look at their summer schedule and they'll be posting it on their webpage ... so we may still get a Saturday day in there, not sure ... we'll see.

Old 05-23-2009, 01:27 PM   #151
Kookie Creator

Mukwonago has a Culver's and an AWESOME scrapbook store. It's bigger than Gina's, smaller than Archivers but I like it because they have things that I can't find anywhere else. They have a good size class room, if we want to do that. Should I check into Mukwonago or is that too far out of the way for some of us?
Old 05-23-2009, 03:17 PM   #152
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Mukwonago has a Culver's and an AWESOME scrapbook store. It's bigger than Gina's, smaller than Archivers but I like it because they have things that I can't find anywhere else. They have a good size class room, if we want to do that. Should I check into Mukwonago or is that too far out of the way for some of us?
It sounds like fun to me ...

Old 05-23-2009, 06:08 PM   #153
Stazon Splitcoast

Mukwonago's store is great. It was Stamper's Cupboard and just changed their name to Polkadots and more.

They also do bus tours in the fall and spring. If you have never done that it is a blast. You start at one store and do a Make-N-Take and shop and then board the bus and go to another store and do the same and have lunch, board the bus and go to a 3rd store and do the same and then board the bus back to the original store where door prizes and food is had by all.

Last fall we did the Mukwonago Store, Greenfield Scrapbook Store at Southridge and then a store in Delavan. We all came back with at least one door prize and 3 great items that we made.

They were talking about doing a Bus Tour to stores in Madison this year. I don't see anything about it on their website right now.
Old 05-24-2009, 04:43 AM   #154
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn O View Post
Mukwonago's store is great. It was Stamper's Cupboard and just changed their name to Polkadots and more.

They also do bus tours in the fall and spring. If you have never done that it is a blast. You start at one store and do a Make-N-Take and shop and then board the bus and go to another store and do the same and have lunch, board the bus and go to a 3rd store and do the same and then board the bus back to the original store where door prizes and food is had by all.

Last fall we did the Mukwonago Store, Greenfield Scrapbook Store at Southridge and then a store in Delavan. We all came back with at least one door prize and 3 great items that we made.

They were talking about doing a Bus Tour to stores in Madison this year. I don't see anything about it on their website right now.
A party bus for stampers ... LOL! That sounds fun, too!

Old 05-24-2009, 06:55 AM   #155
Embossing Fanatic

The bus tour really sounds like fun.
Old 05-24-2009, 11:54 AM   #156
Stazon Splitcoast

I'll see if I can find if and when they are doing one.
Old 05-24-2009, 01:45 PM   #157
Hardware Hotshot

Wow. The bus tour sounds great Robin. Depending on when it is, I would be interested. I would be really be interested in one in Madison.

Old 05-25-2009, 04:21 PM   #158
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

I would love to be a part of a bus tour also.......................
Old 05-27-2009, 07:02 PM   #159
Kookie Creator

The same day as the bus tour RobynO was talking about, I did a bus tour that was Cedarburg, Plymouth and Fond du Lac stores. We did the make-n-take and had something to eat at each of them, too. It was a really fun time!
Old 05-28-2009, 03:14 AM   #160
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
The same day as the bus tour RobynO was talking about, I did a bus tour that was Cedarburg, Plymouth and Fond du Lac stores. We did the make-n-take and had something to eat at each of them, too. It was a really fun time!
Sounds cool!