Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
...another Shoebox Swap for NW Washington and Lower BC
(or for anyone beyond those borders who just loves to play with stamps).
Date... Saturday, October 6th.
Time... 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
8:30 - 9:00 = arrival and coffee
9:00 we start crafting
Place... Laurel Church (just north of Bellingham, WA)
Registration fee... $11 ($3 for the church and $8 for the fun stuff)
Here’s the Plan...
Design a project (card, basket, box, etc)
Create 19 kits of your project. Put the kits in a shoebox or basket
Each shoebox will be set at a marked space
Attendees/swappers will move from project to project. (this works better than when we passed the projects around) Some people will finish faster than others, but there is plenty of space to work side by side when needed. Each of us will go home with 19 new projects.
Lots of goodies for everyone!
AND vote for your favorite project.
Strictly limited to 20 swappers.
I will add a waiting list if necessary.
Please...It is easier if each attendee is a Splitcoast member and signs up with her real name and user name. "Group" sign-ups are confusing to me.
Send your registration fee to me...
327 Beard Road
Lynden, WA 98264
* Design and create your card or other item.
* Assemble 2 finished examples — one for the working table and one for the "vote here" table.
* Prepare enough kits for 20 duplicates. Do a good bit of the cutting and stamping ahead of time. We will basically be assembling the projects while sharing fun and laughter.
* Use 20 small bags or envelopes and put a kit in each.
* Be sure to print 20 copies of your instructions... one for each gal.
* You do not need to provide tape and glue for your project.... each swapper should bring her own.
* 20 kits (19 for us gals to make + 1 in case there are any mistakes)
* any necessary "stuff" to create your project
* 1 completed item so we can see what we’re making
* 1 completed item to enter in the “Vote for Best Project”
* Your own tape, glue, pop-dots, scissors, pen, pencils et cetera. In other words, a small “tool kit” to carry with you from project to project.
* If you have extra cards at home that you would like to donate to the church's card ministry, we would be delighted to have them.
This worked well last year and no leftovers!
Create your own name tag. Make it a piece of artwork that you can be proud to wear. (and I'll try to remember mine)
No loose glitter. No embossing powder. Those things get in the carpet and stay for months. Stickles are fine. Watercolors and chalk are great.
This sounds like a lot of fun. I've never met anyone here IRL. I just emailed a friend in BC to see if she might be interested in going. I will let you know lickety-split if we will be coming as soon as I hear back from her, probably on Monday. I'm hoping she can go.
Been away lots again this year but am hoping to still be at home in October or the early part anyway. Please could you sign me up as if I need to go away I'll try to make sure it's after October 6th! Missed the last two, possibly three events, so would love to touch base again with some of the ladies whose names I recognise and meet some new stamping friends too!
Garnet, perhaps I could 'pop' across the border one day and meet you in Lynden for lunch to give you my $11 for the event. It would probably be nearer the end of August after I get back from UK. Have another wedding to go to, the second family one this year!!
We would like to be put on the waiting list. Since there is three of us one spot won't do unfortunately. So if you can please place Julie H, Kristi S and I on the waiting list that would be great. Thanks so much! Hope we get to come. Have a great day!
Hi Debbie (and Julie and Kristi) Wishing that I could "grow" the number of spots. Maybe next year we can do 24. Or we could try for 30 crafters and divide us up into two separate groups. We could take a poll this year to see if expansion is a good idea.