Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
I will check for March 26th and see if the Library is available. According to the Library website, there is a non-refundable $25 cleaning fee payable upon reservation. This amount is for 4 hours. If we go over I believe it doubles.
Let me know. I cannot reserve the place without the cleaning fee, it must turned in with the request. I will check with my church and see if we can use the annex building for that date as long as a church bldg. will be okay and not offend someone. I can speak with my Pastor on Tuesday evening at Bible Study.
I am going ask my pastor tonight and see if we can use it. I will let you know in the next couple of days if it is possible. I believe it will be free to use and there is plenty of space for us to spread out.
Hi Ladies -- I've actually opened a few new swaps that aren't due til later this Spring. I hope you'll come join me! They are in my signature. Keeping my mind creatively focused so I can be positively focused.
Hi All -- Hoping the weather will warm up soon! It was 2 degrees this morning when I drove to work. It hurt!!!!
We are hoping to move this coming weekend but if I can, I'll try to put together a project also for our meeting the following weekend. I will need a crafting break!!!
Looking forward to seeing you all and hoping you can make it!!!
The bad news: Home sick today with bronchitis and a sinus infection. Ended up at the doctor's this morning to make sure it isn't pneumonia. They don't think it is yet but put me on a strong antibiotic anyhow.
The good news: DS called me at 7am and they are at the hospital in labor!!!! Guess my grandson couldn't wait the 2.5 more weeks til the due date!!! We're just waiting to hear when he arrives, and praying for the health and safety of all.
I'm a grandma!!! He's beautiful too, and healthy and such a blessing!
I want to hold him but its best I'm not there yet since I'm battling bronchitis and a sinus infection right now. I am hoping to get over it soon. Was at the hospital today for the second time this week for xrays and they changed my meds to something stronger. I am really hoping to be better before next weekend for our meeting!!!
Happy Monday everyone. Just wanted to let you know my project will be a valentine's "love" banner just in time for valentine's day. Just bring your basic supplies as shown in Susan's post above. See you soon,
I plan on being there Saturday. I will bring chips and dip. Do we have driving directions or we can car pool. I have my Prayer Shawl ministry meeting that morning at 9:00 but can leave pretty much anytime after 10:00.
Oooooooooo, prayer shawl ministry? You will have to share about that!!!
Im' not sure if I will be leaving from Inwood or from Falling Waters since we are in the process of the move, so not sure if the car pool will work out after all this time...
I put together my project kits for this meeting too. I will have a couple of options on colors and stamps and plenty of supplies for all, but if you have a favorite cardstock color or paper, you would need 2 8.5x11 size or larger --- one of cardstock and the other of coordinating cardstock or paper, about a yard of ribbon to coordinate, and an ink pad or two to coordinate if you would like them in a particular color or such. When finished, it will hold up to 3 photos if you want to bring those too.
I'm sorry to say I think we should cancel =( I have a 3 hour drive and really do not want to drive in freezing rain or snow. I was going to stay with my friend in Warrenton but she tells me she has been without power for several days and has to park at the foot of her driveway. It would be best if we all stay safe for the weekend.
I know you have a that longer drive, Ellen, adn I wouldn't want to risk anything for you either. That's why I've been watching the news and weather too.
OH NUTS. It just figures that this is the year we have such odd weather and we can't get the timing right on meeting.
I suppose we'll know for future meetings that January and February months are probably out of the question.
I guess it would be better to move it to a mid- to late-March meeting?
Maybe by then I can get the house set up to hold one if we don't have too many attending, or if we do, maybe Annette will find out about Winchester, or we can try again at Angela's, or the Purcellville Library then?
Let's cancel for now. With the storm that has hit most of the country, I think its moving this way and we'll get hit with snow or ice or both on Friday night and the weekend, and it would be miserably cold for us.
LET'S FIND A MARCH DATE AND LOCATION THAT WILL WORK -- MID to LATE in the MONTH? MARTI -- WHEN CAN YOU MAKE IT THEN???
hi all! yea i am thinking cancelling would be a good idea. i have had enough of stranded/messed up traveling due to weather after a panicky flight getting TO cha and then being stranded in LA AFTER cha - i got lucky and managed to make my way onto an earlier flight and got here in the wee hours of the morning after having to fly into baltimore instead of dulles BLECH long drive for us. they had originally rescheduled me for a flight tomorrow and i was going to have to sleep in the airport :P i would love to meet at winchester or pville in late march!
I'm following along. Wow this weather is just crazy. I wasn't able to make it saturday anyway...several things going on that day...will keep checking here periodically for updates. I'm subscribed to this post now..if any of the stephens city or winchester girls want to meet up in the meantime...clhouchins at gmail dot com. love the coffee place at martins in sc!!
Hi All --
Well, I'm glad we did cancel in that we had horrible ice here! It finally melted somewhat in the late afternoon but that would have been scary to try to go anywhere in otherwise.
We did 4 truck loads with a Uhaul the day before that too... couldn't get a bigger truck to rent... but I was completely wiped out on Saturday too!
I'm hoping for late March.
We can either try to do Purcellville again, or maybe I'll contact Angela's and see if she would want to host us again sometime? What do you think?
I left a message at Angelas to see if they are open to hosting it and available March 26th. If not, we'll see what else we can find! That way they get the business, we have shopping time for us too, and its fairly central for a lot of folks.
Early on we had discussed the possibility of a weekend get-together or retreat sometime...
I happened across this place while looking for a CSA here. Any interest? I think their rates are quite reasonable. Blue Mountain Retreat Center, Maryland - Home