Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Get it Together! (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-f67/)
-   -   OH * Anything Coming Up in Ohio? (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-f67/oh-%2A-anything-coming-up-ohio-t344218.html)

lilscrappinmoma 04-29-2008 12:18 PM

OH * Anything Coming Up in Ohio?

Looking for get togethers to meet other SCS

Chiefs crafty chik 04-29-2008 02:50 PM

I'd love to meet some friends in Ohio but not until I move there this summer! I'll stay posted in case something comes up!

punchaddict 05-14-2008 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilscrappinmoma (Post 9673533)
Looking for get togethers to meet other SCS

Nothing planned that I've heard of anywhere. It would be great to get something together, though! I'm in Dayton!

kathyl574 05-14-2008 11:10 AM

I'm in the Maineville,Mason,Loveland area.[outside cinny] I would love meet other scs members.
Kathy L

bonniebrill 05-17-2008 08:25 PM

Hi Gals,

I'm from Mason, Oh. & have been looking for someone who lives close to me for "Get Together's" at my home for fun (no selling), card making or swaps. I've been stamping for several years & have a nice craft room, plus a table that will sit 6 of us nicely on the first floor of my home. I belong to several Boards, but being disable sometimes makes it impossible for me to get out and around. Let me know if your interested in a get together.

Love you bunches - bonnie brill
kbrill@cinci.rr.com
My SC Album so you can see the cards I make is at:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&ppuser=170508
I, also, belong to a Ohio group of stamper/scrappers - you might want to take a look at us as well. We're a great group of fun loving gals.
StampOhio
http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/sta...os/browse/e0cc

luv2scrapbook7 05-18-2008 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonniebrill (Post 9857273)
Hi Gals,

I'm from Mason, Oh. & have been looking for someone who lives close to me for "Get Together's" at my home for fun (no selling), card making or swaps. I've been stamping for several years & have a nice craft room, plus a table that will sit 6 of us nicely on the first floor of my home. I belong to several Boards, but being disable sometimes makes it impossible for me to get out and around. Let me know if your interested in a get together.

Love you bunches - bonnie brill
kbrill@cinci.rr.com
My SC Album so you can see the cards I make is at:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&ppuser=170508
I, also, belong to a Ohio group of stamper/scrappers - you might want to take a look at us as well. We're a great group of fun loving gals.
StampOhio
http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/sta...os/browse/e0cc

Hi Bonnie,

I'm from Cleveland and will be in your area arriving Friday, June 6 and leaving Monday June 9. My husband will be at Kings Island and I had plans to go to Archiver's and Stamp Your Art Out in Mason. (I'm not an amusement park junkie.) :-) I would love to get together with you. I was gonna sit in our hotel room and make our Christmas cards.

Lynn

bonniebrill 05-18-2008 04:00 AM

Hi Lynn,

Your more then welcome to spend the day or weekend at my home in more comfort. I'm in a "Christmas in July" swap with the StampOhio group. If your interested email me privately & I'll give you direction to my home and my phone #.

Love you bunches - bonnie brill kbrill@cinci.rr.com

amymcgs 05-18-2008 05:33 AM

I'm near Dayton, also. I don't know of anything coming up, but I have an idea for a kid-friendly group that I'd like to start.

(Edited to remove my rambling idea about a kid-friendly gathering-- I'll post that in a seperate thread!)

bonniebrill 05-18-2008 08:35 AM

amymcgs,

Which side of Dayton??? I can't drive very far & need a handi cap entrance or NO STEPS. Also, not sure what you meant by Kid-friendly group??? I have a LARGE backyard & LARGE basement kids can play in. A doll house for girls to play with & toys for young boys. Kids are welcome. Mine are grown, but I do have 6 grandbabies with one more on the way. Those with kids - we could hire a H.S. student(s) to watch the younger ones. Older ones are more then welcome to join in the fun of making cards.
Write me more about you idea. I to have been wanting to have get togethers. Being house bound as I am, it can get very lonely & boring at times.

Love you bunches - bonnie brill kbrill@cinci.rr.com

twillson 05-23-2008 06:07 AM

Northern Ohio here, Toledo

Hello Ohio stampers! I see that it seems like most are from the other side of the state, is there anyone on this side? I am just west of Toledo, about 30 miles. I think meeting up with other SCS fans would be fun!!

Tina

stampertammy 05-23-2008 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twillson (Post 9917013)
Hello Ohio stampers! I see that it seems like most are from the other side of the state, is there anyone on this side? I am just west of Toledo, about 30 miles. I think meeting up with other SCS fans would be fun!!

Tina

Just curious... where exactly are you west of Toledo? I'm in Northeast Ohio now, but I grew up in Napoleon!

Absktkase 05-23-2008 10:10 AM

I am in the Dayton area and would love to have a gathering of people.

Chiefs crafty chik 05-23-2008 01:28 PM

YEAH! I'm so excited that I want to come now! LOL! That and it would mean not putting out any report cards any more! WOO HOO! Then again it would mean I've already left my babies at the school! Mixed emotions but, now I have something good to look forward to! YEAH!

transprntbutterfly 05-26-2008 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampertammy (Post 9917215)
Just curious... where exactly are you west of Toledo? I'm in Northeast Ohio now, but I grew up in Napoleon!

Oh, thank goodness!!! I was beginning to think I was the only person on here from Northeast Ohio. I'm in Trumbull County. Just curious . . .where are you?

stampertammy 05-26-2008 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by transprntbutterfly (Post 9948199)
Oh, thank goodness!!! I was beginning to think I was the only person on here from Northeast Ohio. I'm in Trumbull County. Just curious . . .where are you?

Wayne County... about an hour south of Cleveland!

cricketpe 05-27-2008 05:57 PM

I live in Toledo. I'm pretty new to stamping, but would love to meet up and learn from some of you who know what you're doing :)

princessannabanana 05-27-2008 06:12 PM

Shoebox Swap

Hi girls! I'll be posting info probably in July for another shoebox swap I'll be hosting. I had a great turnout at the last event so I'll be doing it again. Keep you eyes posted on this thread. I would love to have you all join me! Until then...happy stamping!

Anna

shadowkat1283 05-28-2008 07:00 AM

Hey Michelle,

I live in Trumbull County too, in Cortland? Where are you?

Kathy

transprntbutterfly 05-28-2008 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadowkat1283 (Post 9964139)
Hey Michelle,

I live in Trumbull County too, in Cortland? Where are you?

Kathy

Hey Kathy,

A few miles down the road in Niles.

Nice to meet you!

Michelle

shadowkat1283 05-28-2008 08:06 AM

Wow, you are really close Michelle. I'm glad to know that there are other stampers in the area. Glad to meet you too!!

Kathy

punchaddict 05-28-2008 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessannabanana (Post 9960484)
Hi girls! I'll be posting info probably in July for another shoebox swap I'll be hosting. I had a great turnout at the last event so I'll be doing it again. Keep you eyes posted on this thread. I would love to have you all join me! Until then...happy stamping!

Anna

Did I understand it correctly (read it somewhere) that the shoebox swap was only for SU products?

princessannabanana 05-29-2008 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punchaddict (Post 9967695)
Did I understand it correctly (read it somewhere) that the shoebox swap was only for SU products?

It is...because there are so many demos involved who want to use them for displays. I may rethink that on my next one so stay tuned. I hope this doesn't deter any of you who would like to join us.

Anna

transprntbutterfly 05-30-2008 04:24 AM

Silly question - what is a shoebox swap?

princessannabanana 06-01-2008 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by transprntbutterfly (Post 9985599)
Silly question - what is a shoebox swap?

This isn't a silly question...people ask me all the time. Prepare yourself for the excitement to come. You design one card, cut enough supplies for every participant to make yours, and at the end of the day you leave with having made one of everyone elses. My goal is to have 20 participants along with two bonus cards for you to stamp. So you actually leave having made 22, which includes your own. It's a great way to try new techniques and use stamp sets you may not have. It's so much fun! I hope this answers your question and perks your interest!

Anna

bonniebrill 06-01-2008 10:43 PM

Hi guys,

I can't believe it - I'm not only the Artist of the Week at MidWestStampers
But also
Jessica Lynn Technique Contest winner!
See the email notice below.

Love You Bunches
Bonnie Brill
kbrill@cinci.rr.com

Art of the Week!

Our Artist this week is Bonnie Brill. Congratulations Bonnie!

Bonnie is not only our Artist of the Week, but she is also our Jessica
Lynn Technique Contest winner! Double Congratulations to Bonnie!

I will be posting more info about the Technique Contest later on. For
now, just enjoy Bonnie's clever card that combines three techniques to
create one special background and features a darling dog stamp for
bonus points and proves she'll know just what to do with those
adorable dog stamps in the Jessica Lynn Originals collection.

For those of you who do not access the group homepage often, here is
the url for your convenience:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MidwestStampers/

Click on the above link to see Bonnie's artwork.

To congratulate Bonnie by posting to the group, email to:
MidwestStampers@yahoogroups.com. To contact her privately with
questions, just click on her name on the scrolling marquee on the
homepage.

Enjoy,
Lorian

luv2scrapbook7 06-03-2008 04:24 AM

Congratulations, Bonnie. Your cards are just beautimous and very professional!!!

Lynn

tammy miller 06-03-2008 05:03 AM

subscribing, congrats Bonnie.

I went to Anna's last shoebox swap it was awesome, very organized, very nice product and the ladies were just wonderful, cant wait til next time!

bonniebrill 06-03-2008 05:13 AM

Lynn, Thanks, your a doll baby - can't wait until this weekend to see you.
Love you bunches - bonnie

tatterpuss73 06-03-2008 04:22 PM

Any stampers near Mt. Vernon?

Absktkase 06-06-2008 09:13 AM

I was at Anna's last swap also with a couple of friends and we all are looking forward to the next one. She did a great job organizing it. Food was awesome!!!!!!!!! Everyone's card designs were fantastic.

jezirus 06-06-2008 06:32 PM

I'm in Newark, south of Mt. Vernon!

tatterpuss73 06-07-2008 03:52 AM

Neat! My husband works in Newark.
Do you know of anyone else in the "neighborhood" that would like to get together every so often?
Linda

scrappingranny 06-13-2008 04:40 PM

Hi everyone.GO BUCKEYES!! I am new to this so be patient with me. I think it sounds like alot of fun getting together.I've never done anything like that. So if any of you are around me give me a shout. I am about 30 miles south of Toledo, close to BG actually.I love scrappin and stampin. Hopefully see ya soon. raynrobn@wcnet.org :)

Chiefs crafty chik 06-14-2008 03:48 AM

I'm keeping an eye on this list in hopes that some gals in the area around Wright Patterson will want to get together in Augus! I'm going to be nuts with boredom especially after my daughter goes to school! We're moving up there in the beginning of August to the Beavercreek area! I'll be without my "stuff" for a while if my DH has his way so I'll be needing a fix!!

Sunny22 06-27-2008 11:21 AM

Hey Michelle,
We are headed to DC tomorrow and looking forward to it!

Anna is the one I mentioned before, she put on a top notch shoebox swap! She is thinking of doing one in the fall and I am thinking of flying up for it!!

Chiefs crafty chik 06-27-2008 02:00 PM

Welcome to D.C.!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunny22 (Post 10326906)
Hey Michelle,
We are headed to DC tomorrow and looking forward to it!

Anna is the one I mentioned before, she put on a top notch shoebox swap! She is thinking of doing one in the fall and I am thinking of flying up for it!!

Welcome to D.C. Sunny! You're going to enjoy the area! Here's a link for the big get togethers that are held in this area. Dulles Expo center is their usual meeting spot and it's not hard to get to! She has big name instructors come in as well;

http://www.getcroppin.com/

I'm really excited about the shoebox swap up there now especially if you're interested in flying up for it! WOW! That must be some show! Do you have more information like a website, blog or anything like that?!!

Good luck in your travels!

beth2kids 06-30-2008 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twillson (Post 9917013)

Tina

I'm from Bay Village and would love to get together. I don't know how far you are but I don't mind driving!

Arywen 06-30-2008 09:17 AM

I am also in the Milford, Loveland area. WOuld love to get together to stamp. My kids (9 and 11) also love to stamp and would like a kid friendly stamping get to gether. Let me know if someone plans something close by. My sister live near by in Franklin and I am sure she would love to come to. Her baby is only 2 weeks so won't be joining in.

onelightningchic 06-30-2008 09:28 AM

I'm in Reynoldsburg, but I AM willing to travel to Newark for fun and adventure :)

onelightningchic 06-30-2008 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onelightningchic (Post 10358575)
I'm in Reynoldsburg, but I AM willing to travel to Newark for fun and adventure :)

Let's put a day together for the fall maybe. There must be plenty of others in our areas here, judging from the number of stamping and scrapping stores! Maybe we can use a church hall or something like that. I think that would be loads of fun! Anyone interested in helping put something together in our area?