MI Mingle - Novi, MI - March 2013 - Registration is CLOSED
Please join us for another SCS Michigan Mingle!
Voluntarily Hosted By: Patty (Pattyb), Lorien (vz5dzh) and Tracy (TracyM.)
Dates: March 15 & 16, 2013
Location: DoubleTree Hotel in Novi, MI
Cost: $75/person as long as spots are available – All Registrations must be received by 2/1/13, regardless if we are full or not
Total No. of Spots Available: 48
This event is designed as a SplitCoastStampers Community Event. You are welcome to invite friends, but we do ask that they register a screen name here at SCS and really make an effort to participate in the "chat” thread(<---click this link). It really makes the event more fun when you have chatted with people ahead of time and gotten to know them a little bit.
There will be no vendors at this event. Vendors will not have anything on display nor will there be anything for you to purchase. The intent of the weekend is to meet and get to know other SCS'rs, not acquire customers. Solicitation of any sort is strongly discouraged.
The theme of this year’s event is “Island Mingle”. This weekend retreat is intended for you to relax, stamp and laugh with your old friends while making new ones. It means wearing your most comfy clothes - PJ's if you want too, shopping nearby if your heart desires (you can do that in your PJ’s too if you want!) and not worrying about what the kids are doing – they will survive without you (they just might need bath when you get home!).
You can expect:
• Limbo Contest (optional)
• Tacky Tourist Attire Contest (optional)
• Tropical Decor contest (it will be saving your seat)
• Prize drawings throughout the weekend
• Food - Friday night snacks, breakfast and lunch on Saturday
• Organized swapping of your choice (optional)
• Stampin’ Mojo door prizes (optional; but you must stick to the rules or be disqualified at check-in)
• Creative Challenge activity (optional)
• This is a 2-day event (hours are listed on the Registration Form)
• Registration fee is NON-REFUNDABLE
• This is an ADULT only event; 18 and older please
• Each registrant's SCS screen name MUST be included on their Registration form
• Registration will be determined in the order payment is received; emails or PM's in advance of payment will not be considered "placeholders"
• If your Registration/Payment is received and there are no spots left, you will be notified via PM and your payment will be promptly returned to you vis the SASE you included
• Check Post #2, when you see your name on that list, it means your completed Registration was received
• SASEs (Self-Addressed-Stamped-Envelope (business letter size) with $.64 postage) will be used to send materials to attendees prior to the event (expect to receive this in late January/early February; I will PM you when it has been mailed out
Swapping - participation is optional:
• Please follow the instructions in Post#4 to sign up for as many types of swaps as you’d like to participate in
• Including the card recipe is optional, but very much appreciated. If you choose to include the recipe, please put it on a post-it note and place the post-it note inside the card
• We will have a specific time set aside on Friday night to facilitate all of the organized swaps (you will not have time to "finish" your swaps at the Mingle, so please arrive with them finished and ready to swap)
• We will have a display wall for the swaps, please bring an extra swap for display that will later be donated to "Operation Write Home"
• If you decide not to come to the Mingle after swapping has closed - YOU are still responsible for upholding your swap committment and contacting Lorien in advance to make the appropriate arrangements. YOU will be responsible for all postage.
A block of rooms has been reserved for both Friday and Saturday night. Rooms have either one king bed, two double beds (1st floor) or two queen beds (2nd floor) for $89/night regardless of which type of room you choose. Please contact the hotel directly at 248-344-8800 to make your reservation with the “Michigan Mingle” group. A credit card will be needed to reserve your sleeping room. If you are looking for a roommate, pls. post your desire on the chat thread. The room block is only available until 2/25/13. If the room block is full or you have problem making your initial reservation, pls. send a PM to TracyM. For those of you that have phone phobia, you can make your reservation online by following this special link.
Wi-fi at the Hotel
The hotel does have wi-fi, but it is not free and we do not have it in our meeting space. A guest may purchase wi-fi for $9.95 for a 24-hour period. The code will allow wi-fi access in your sleeping room and our meeting space. The code can be used by all of the people staying in that particular guest room. However, please remember that plugs are extremely limited in the meeting space and we don't want to create any tripping hazards with cords.
Tentative Schedule of the “Island Mingle” Events
(events subject to change as determined by the coordinators)
• Registration - Open from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm
• Limbo Contest (to get you loosened up for the catwalk)
• Tacky Tourist Costumed Catwalk
• Tropical Decor Contest viewing
• Organized Swapping
• Git-your-stampin-mojo-flowing activity
• Open Stamp/Mingle
• Continental Breakfast (regardless if you are staying at the hotel or not)
• Delicious Hot Lunch with dessert
• Creative Challenge
• Raffle Prizes/Auction
• Awards & Accolades
• Open Stamp
As additional information becomes available about the event specifics, it will be posted here. Another thread has been set up to "chat" on and get to know one another before the event. Please go to the "chat" thread and introduce yourself, don't be shy! If you have any questions, you can also post on the thread I just referenced and one of the hosts will respond to you.
Confirmed Mingle Registrations
Once your Registration (and all its parts :smile:) have been received, check back here for your name. Who's going to be first this year?
2. plaid pony
3. Emma F
4. Huntwoman - thank you for your generous donation! :D
12. shari stamper
15. Denise Rutkowski
22. Joi G.
26. lisa foster
Contests, Competitions, Interactive Stuff
Please have some kind of name tag, make it tropical if you can, this *is not* a contest though.
We’re have a tropical décor Contest! Small prize for the one with the most votes!
Creative Mojo Door Prize Swap! (This is optional, it is bring one to get one)
Eight simple Requirements: Failing to follow the requirements may disqualify you from the swap!
1. Value of approximately $15.00
2. MUST include a favorite creative product. (New & unopened)
3. Include one of your personal favorite stamping snacks.
4. Include something that you’ve made using your favorite product
5. Include something tropical in or on your project (can be colors, flowers, birds, whatever!)
6. Please use clear bags or wrapping. This way everyone can see what all of our favorite products are!
7. Must have a card or tag inside the package, your name should not be visible, who the swap is made by should be a surprise.
8. No sneak peeks or sharing of your swap before the Mingle! Keep it a surprise!
Theme Attire Contest – Totally Optional: Small prize for the most votes!
Tacky Tourist! Who has the tackiest tourist outfit on the Island?
1. Start thinking now
2. Friday night Island “tourist” costume show
3. Be creative, but don’t break the bank
4. Keep your outfit secret until Friday night!
Limbo Contest - Totally Optional: Small prized for as low as you can go!
Swaps, Swaps, Swaps!
We will be doing organized swapping again this year. How that works is you sign up for the swaps you are going to do and I'll tell you how many you need to bring to the event.
To sign up for swaps, please PM me and let me know which groups to put you down for. Then I will update this post.
Swap signups will close February 15th. Once the signups close I will notify each group of how many swaps they need to make based on the number that signed up. So you won't know how many you need to make until about a month before the event, but you can get started on your designs and even start making some before then. To give you an idea of what you are getting into, the card swaps last year had around 10 people in them, and the 3D item had 5.
Please use a post-it to attach your contact info/recipe to each swap you make.
SU! ONLY FULL CARD SWAP
This should be a full card with ONLY current SU! products used on it. Showcase your best work!
3. Joi G.
4. lisa foster
Anything Goes FULL CARD SWAP
This should be a full card. You may use any stamps, paper, etc. Do your best work!
2. Joi G.
5. lisa foster
OPTIONAL SHOEBOX SWAP
Limit of 12 participants. We are thinking this will take place on Saturday, so there is a good possibility that if you do this shoebox swap, you will not be able to participate in the challenges we do, so please take that into consideration. For this swap you will design a card or other project and include the materials (paper, ink, stamps, tools, embellishments, any special adhesives) for it to be made 11 more times (if it fills) in a shoebox or other similar container. Keep it simple. Your card/project should take no more than 15 minutes to complete. Also include a sample completed card/project and the instructions for how to do it in the box. Other people will be using your supplies to make the card/project. Personally, I would try to design something that doesn't require the use of multiple colors of ink with the same stamp. In the past, people have forgotten to clean the stamp inbetween colors. So make your card/project as foolproof as possible. ;) We are not responsible for any accidents that may occur during the shoebox swap. You sign up at your own risk!
8. Joi G.
Donations & Prizes
Will be updated as the prizes start rolling in!
In the past I've been ask if individuals can donate a prize, the answer is yes but we do ask that it be new, unopened, and well thought out – PM me if you have an idea but aren't sure if it’s appropriate.
Get Your Mingle Gear Here!
Please use this link to shop for the latest mingle gear.
vz5dzh: Home: Zazzle.com Store
By clicking this link or the one in my signature we make an extra 15% toward the mingle.
NEW DESIGNS for 2013 are UP!
If there are other items you would like to purchase and aren't able to pick them from the options there yourself, please PM me and let me know.
There are also previous years designs available on products at CafePress. Here is the link to that store.
Lorien Clark Stamps : Fun and Fresh Rubber Stamping Gear
Every item purchased at either of these shops helps fund the Michigan Mingle.
Limbo! I love it!
I think I'd be fabulous at the limbo!!!! are you in with me, Cathy? Woohoo!
You've got a few months to limber up. Ha!
That's about 3,360 hours!
Hooray!! Love the theme!!
Love the theme! So excited!!
Marking my place... Be back later!!
Marking my spot!!!!
Oh, am I ready for this RIGHT NOW..(stomping feet)
Yay, Tiff made the #1 spot. Mind you, she works right next to Tracy so she cheated!!!!
New Mingle Gear designs are posted at Zazzle! Please remember to purchase through the link in my signature or the link in post #6 so that we earn the extra referral bonus.
I printed my forms............yay!!!!!!!
Yippee, Mary! This is going to be so much fun!
My form is in the mail! YIPPEE!!
WooHoo!!! Mine will go in the mail this weekend!!!! So can't wait!!!
Oh we are 1/4 of the way full!
Where oh where is everyone tonight! Better get those registrations in before we start PM'ing the whole site!
I am sending mine tomorrow.
Mine is in the mail. Even though the mail doesn't go today.
We're 1/3 of the way full now!
Wooohoooo!!! I am on the list!!!
I have to say I just love this theme! It will be a welcome sight in March!
Early Registration Ends 12/14/12!
Just a reminder that early Registration ends 12/14/12 - after that date there is a price increase. Don't delay! Mail your Registration today!
Alright already! lol Mine is in the mail. Keep an eye out for it!
Mine went postal today. Yippie!!!
I'm on the list.. I'm on the list.
Officially Half Full Already
...only 24 spots left ladies...mail your Registration in today!
|All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:55 PM.|