Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-11-2013, 06:30 AM   #1  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Northern VA/MD/DC Shoebox swap 10/19/13

Good morning My Card Stamping Friends, Before I make anything official I thought I'd test the waters......

I have an opportunity to host shoebox swap on next Saturday, October 19th at a fire department in Northern VA (very close to Tyson's Corner Mall, zip code 22027) And if I can get 10-15 people to tell me today that they'd attend (I'm posting this on several sites) then I'll go ahead and post all the official details tonight or tomorrow (10/12/13). Here are the preliminary details

Shoebox swap on 10/19/13 near Tyson's Corner Mall in Tyson's Corner, Virginia
Probably from 8am till no later than 3 or earlier if we have a smaller group.
Once I post the details, I'd need official confirmation of your attendance by Tuesday night (10/15) so I can send everyone a final headcount first thing Wednesday morning.
This will cost no more than $15 per person ($16 via PayPal)
EVERYONE will get a Stampin' Up! door prize
Snacks will be provided
We can do a potluck lunch (more details about that will be provided if I get enough interest in the event.)
I'd like to get a minimum of 10-15 people to agree to attend in order to finalize the details with the venue.
A +1 shoebox swap is when you make one sample card and bring enough supplies for the rest of the attendees to make your card. Meanwhile you would make one of all the other cards that people bring. If we have 15 people attending, you'd bring your sample and enough supplies for 14 people to make the card. You would not make one of your own at the event and you would not bring your own card home. The sample would go to the hostess at the end of the day.
We can have between 10 and 50 people. If we get 20 people we will stop at 20 shoeboxes. If we get up to 40 attendees, we will split into two groups. You will make and bring one sample as an example, you will create 19 other cards at the event and you will arrive with 20 of your own cards pre made and I will swap them out with the other group. In this scenario you will go home with 39 cards and leave your sample for the hostess.
I know this is very short notice, but this opportunity just presented itself, so if you can't make it, don't worry, I'm going to plan another shoebox event in a few months.

If you're available to come on short notice like this or if you have any questions at all then please respond here or send me an email at [email protected]

And please feel free to spread the word. I just need 10 people to tell me today that they can make it, in order to post the finalized details and get more attendees by Tuesday night.

Thanks,
Rose-Ellen
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes