Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-25-2012, 06:54 PM   #3481
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via MSN to deelite

I talked on the phone to Deb Berry about the dates at the Kirkwood library. I will need to get by there hopefully tomorrow to give the money to Lynn and officially reserve the dates. I will let you know more after I make it there with the money. I am not procrastinating, just been busy with Thanksgiving.
Dee
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-28-2012, 05:26 PM   #3482
Pearl-ExPert

Hello ladies
I was able to make it over to Kirkwood library yesterday and paid for our 3 months upfront. Saturday Jan 12th will be our first meeting of the year at the library, same time, same place. February and March are the 3rd Saturday and both fall on the 23rd of the month.
Saturday December 8th, being our Christmas get together I think has been planned. Danette would like to know if we can possibly meet a bit earlier in the day. She was wondering if we could be at the restaurant by 12:00. Danette will bring her own car, because she has to be home for Mark to leave for work by 4:00. If possible, can we meet at the Gravois park and drive spot right off of Gravois and 270 at 11:15 ish. I think this will work good for Katherine and I, and hopefully the rest who are carpooling will be able to meet us too.
Let me know, on the thread, if this works for everyone. Bring an ornament, if you want to be in the ornament exchange, and lots of money to shop over in Fairview Heights.
Any suggestions for a place to lunch over there? Danette and I only know one spot, and it is Logans Roadhouse. There is also a place called Smokey Bones that we have been to. Anyone else with ideas for lunch, just add them to the thread.
Dee
Old 12-01-2012, 06:34 AM   #3483
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via AIM to Jill with a G

Thanks Dee for doing all this!!
Old 12-02-2012, 06:26 PM   #3484
Pearl-ExPert

See ya on Saturday Gill. Do we want to start a list of who all is coming on Saturday?
Dianna
Danette (will take her own car)
Katherine
Gillian
JoAnn
Jenny
Diane

Does anyone have a restaurant idea? Is anyone interested in Latawata Creek? Anyone been there? There is also Smokey Bones, Logans Roadhouse, and quite a few others. Looking for ideas. Post what you think, please.
Dee

Last edited by deelite; 12-04-2012 at 12:26 AM..
Old 12-03-2012, 06:06 AM   #3485
Glitter Queen

Please count me in for Saturday! Very much looking forward to it! Thank you Dee for doing all the legwork! Hopefully I can attend more next year? Seems like an eternity since I've been able to come! I am very interested in carpooling--meeting at Gravois/270 lot sounds great to me. 11:15 is fine for me. Any restaurant is fine with me--my saying is anything tastes great if I don't have to cook it!
Old 12-04-2012, 06:30 AM   #3486
Insane Embellisher

Jenny, Joanne, just want to meet with the other girls at 11:15? Gill, do you need a ride? I've had my granddaughter and have neglected to get a hold of you.
Any restaurant is fine with me! Ho Ho Ho

Jo Ann
Old 12-04-2012, 10:34 AM   #3487
Rubber Obsessor

Count me in for Saturday!! Could I ride with someone cause I'm not sure where I'm going.

Jenny's Creative Corner-My Blog
Old 12-07-2012, 07:55 AM   #3488
Pearl-ExPert

Hello gals
This is regarding Saturday, glad to see you are able to join us Jenny, and Diane!
I did call Latawata Creek and they do not take reservations, but we can call ahead, just remind me when we meet at the park n ride on Gravois.
Also there is a class at 2:00 at The Scrapbook Factory. I registered all of us in it. It only cost $12. and that will give us a 50% off coupon for one item. It sounded like the perfect addition to our fun day, and it is only takes one hour. I didn't pay for everyone, you can pay before you play I have definite ok's from Danette, Katherine, and Diane, and of course me. Lets see how this goes. I want you all to know this is Danette's great finding, I am just her secretary, because she is working. Just click on the link below to see about the class.

One Day Only- Class with Guest Teacher Sat. Dec. 8th

Lets still plan on meeting at 11:15 at the Gravois park and ride. The park n ride is very easy to get to. If you are heading south on 270, exit at Gravois (highway 30), right, but there is a turn lane almost immediate exiting Gravois, on the left. After you turn, you will see a nursing home straight in front of you and you will need to turn left. I think the name of the road, is Old Gravois. Right there on your left, after you turn is the park n ride, and I will be sitting in there in my silver Honda minivan. I am pm'ing all of you my cell phone number just in case.
I will be happy to drive, if everyone wants to pile in my minivan. It will be fun chatting and save some money riding together.
So excited.
Dee

Last edited by deelite; 12-07-2012 at 09:10 AM..
Old 12-07-2012, 10:21 AM   #3489
Rubber Obsessor

Im all in for the class. Sounds like fun!!

I will see you all at 11:15 in the "Parking" Lot.

Old 12-08-2012, 06:24 AM   #3490
Die Cut Diva

I'm in for the class too! Hooray! Do we bring any tools?
Old 12-10-2012, 07:34 AM   #3491
Pearl-ExPert

Hi ladies. Had a great time on Saturday. I think I am still full from our great luncheon. Shopping was a blast! Have a great holiday season.
Hugs
Dee
Old 12-10-2012, 10:26 AM   #3492
Rubber Obsessor

Had a great time too. Sorry Jo, danette and Laurie couldn't stay. Reminder to add next stamping event is Jan 12 at kirkwood library. Theme is valentines/live/thinking of you.

Everyone's ornaments were beautiful! Great job ladies and thank you to Danette and Dee for the extra tags and goodies.

If I don't check back - Merry Christmas everyone. May the joy of Christs birth and the promise of his salvation brighten your season and the coming year. Peace to you and yours this holiday season.

Best always (albeit occasionally cranky)

Katherine
Old 12-13-2012, 04:32 PM   #3493
Die Cut Diva

Yes we did have a great time! It was a Latawata Fun! hahaha
Latawata was busy but we were served rather quickly and everyone loved their food! I had more fun shopping and the class with the demo on the Eclipse was pretty cool at the Scrapbook Factory!
Katherine, You said it so well! Everyone have a very Merry Christmas!
Old 12-30-2012, 05:01 PM   #3494
Insane Embellisher

I hope everyone had a great Christmas. I can't wait till our meet. I have done absolutely
nothing crafty. Just cleaned up the Christmas stamps and papers. Now for LOVE!

Jo Ann
Old 01-05-2013, 03:51 PM   #3495
Die Cut Diva

New Years Day I did reorganize my craft area a little. I cleaned up my Christmas crafting stuff, and reorganized my scraps of card stock and put them in ziplocks by color. I almost have too many scraps. I do use them from time to time especially for punching out shapes and adding to cards. I may need to donate some though soon. Then I had bought some shelving units at a garage sale this summer, you know, the shelves with a heart cut out in the center...I know, old style and country style, but for the craft area, I thought they would work. And they do! We hung four shelving units, and I easily filled them up with cute button jars, ribbon, lace, balls of twine, bakers twine, and various knick-knacks. I just wish my craft space was in a room all to itself, so my crafty friends could come over and we'd just craft away!! Instead, it's in my bedroom, with plenty of space for me, but not for hardly anyone else! I think I have a design in mind for Valentines, so see y'all the next meet! Does anyone have the date set? It's probably in a post earlier, but if it's posted here, it would be easier to see!
Old 01-05-2013, 03:58 PM   #3496
Die Cut Diva

Default Stamp Organization

Question for y'all. How do you have your stamps organized? By occasion? By alphabetical? By company? I have mine randomly organized by just putting some in a clear box, and labeling the box, and then I have a 3-ring binder listing the stamps in each box.
Now I am not liking that method, although it worked for me for quite awhile. Now I want to organize by occasion. Christmas, Valentines, Birthday, Wedding, Anniversary, Sympathy, and so on...what a project though! How do you all have your stamps organized???
Old 01-07-2013, 06:00 PM   #3497
Pearl-ExPert

Hi ladies Just wanted to make sure everyone knows that our stamping get together is this Saturday the 12th at Kirkwood library. Next month we will meet on the Feb 23rd and March will be the 23rd too. Again, our theme is Valentine anything.
I will start a list of the ladies that are our regulars, so let me know if you won't be making it.

Dianna
Danette
Katherine
Laurie
Gillian
JoAnn
Jenny
Jo Ann (Laurie's friend)

Hope to see you all on Saturday. Be there or be square. (good theme for an old time valentine) hehe
Hugs
Dianna
Old 01-07-2013, 06:06 PM   #3498
Insane Embellisher

Yes I will be there! Sorry I've been so quiet. Can't wait to see you all!
I have my stamps pretty much by occasion or theme. I still have my Stampin Up in their original cases.

Jo Ann
Old 01-07-2013, 06:23 PM   #3499
Rubber Obsessor

I will be there!!!!

Old 01-09-2013, 05:08 PM   #3500
Pearl-ExPert

Great Jen, and Jo Ann. Glad to hear you will make it to our 1:00 meeting on Saturday, in Kirkwood.
See you then
Dianna
Old 01-10-2013, 11:40 AM   #3501
Insane Embellisher

Beyonce, Usher and I are getting the kits ready. I did the messy part so we all don"t have red fingers all weekend. I am going to stamp a new imagine (that I decided not to use) for you girls. Should I use Stazon for non-copic colorers or Memento?
Jo Ann

Jo Ann
Old 01-11-2013, 07:21 AM   #3502
Glitter Queen

PLEASE COUNT ME IN FOR SATURDAY!! I WAS ABLE TO COME UP WITH SOMETHING LAST NIGHT. NOW FOR THE KITS.... I APOLOGIZE FOR THE LATE RESPONSE. I THOUGHT IT WAS NEXT WEEK THIS MONTH!
Old 01-11-2013, 07:26 AM   #3503
Glitter Queen

Gill, to answer your question--I have my mounted stamps separated by occasion/subject. I have an old map cabinet with a bunch of skinny drawers that are perfect for the heighth of wood mounted stamps. I need to go through my binders of unmounted stamps and separate them into the same system. It would make it easier for me to find what I want. Hope that helps. See you Saturday!
Old 01-11-2013, 08:15 AM   #3504
Rubber Obsessor

I have my SU stamps sorted by current/retired, then mounted/unmounted and then alphabetically by size box. The clear mount stamps are current/retired and then alphabetical. My non-SU stuff (which I have a bookcase full of) is separated into clear/clear mount and wood. Clear are alphabetical by vendor. The wood are separated by vendor/type. Example all my dragon/oriental stamps are together, all my words/phrases, animals, etc., but I also have a whole container of Karen Stolper by American Art Stamps. I basically think in images rather than by event.

Part of my issue is because I have to keep current separated from retired for a lot of my SU swaps...otherwise it would probably be just alphabetically by size box
Old 01-11-2013, 10:20 AM   #3505
Insane Embellisher

I just talked to Gill. She can't make it tomorrow. I don't know what the count is, but
I made plenty. I feel I can always use my pre-cut pieces.
Tomorrow, my Lovlies!

Jo Ann
Old 01-12-2013, 04:56 AM   #3506
Rubber Obsessor

Sorry for the late response. I was locked out of the site and had to change my password. I will be attending today. Joanne h can't make it so the numbers won't change.
Laurie
Old 01-12-2013, 07:57 AM   #3507
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom of 2 boys View Post
Gill, to answer your question--I have my mounted stamps separated by occasion/subject. I have an old map cabinet with a bunch of skinny drawers that are perfect for the heighth of wood mounted stamps. I need to go through my binders of unmounted stamps and separate them into the same system. It would make it easier for me to find what I want. Hope that helps. See you Saturday!
That's sounds so ideal! Lucky you to have a nice Map Storage cabinet!! That would be so awesome!

I can't make it today, too much going on around the house with two son's birthdays!! Have to rearrange furniture and stuff too today!
Old 01-12-2013, 08:04 AM   #3508
Rubber Obsessor

I'm sorry ladies, but I'm not going to be able to make it today. My stomach hurts and I'm not feeling well so I better stay close to home just in case.

Old 01-12-2013, 02:36 PM   #3509
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampingchic View Post
I'm sorry ladies, but I'm not going to be able to make it today. My stomach hurts and I'm not feeling well so I better stay close to home just in case.
Hope you don't have the flu. There are so many bugs out there.
Next month, we threw around the idea of using scraps as recyle, reuse, use what we have. DaNette or Katherine might be able to put it better in words.
Monday, I will go and try to reserve for the months available. April and May was totally booked. I will post as soon as I get them reserved.
Glad to see everyone. Laurie, hope you are ok. Hope you didn't get bit by a bug.

Jo Ann
Old 01-12-2013, 04:53 PM   #3510
Insane Embellisher

I have the cards uploaded to SCS. Sorry the pics and my writing didn't do much justice. I'm tired and have a house full. Too much fun today! I won'tbe able to make that remark to Bill tonight. James said he was sleeping with us! Lol

Jo Ann
Old 01-14-2013, 10:41 AM   #3511
Insane Embellisher

The rest of the year is booked for us. Please, it was no problem. Had to do our trek to Targets.
Jan. 12
Feb. 23
March 23
April ------
May ------
June 15
July 13
Aug. 10
Sept. 14
Oct. 12
Nov. 23
Dec. Merry Christmas!
Hope we all can make these dates as much as possible!

Jo Ann
Old 01-19-2013, 04:23 AM   #3512
Rubber Obsessor

For those who aren't tracking Facebook - Joann lost her daughter-in-law to a drunk driver early Wed AM. Keep her in your prayers.
Old 01-19-2013, 05:10 PM   #3513
Glitter Queen

Joann, I'm so sorry for your loss. Horrible news. I will keep you in my prayers. Thank you, Katherine, for letting us know.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:47 AM   #3514
Insane Embellisher

Thank you guys! We are slowly trying to get some sanity. I do appreciate the thoughts and prayers.

Jo Ann
Old 02-05-2013, 08:44 PM   #3515
Pearl-ExPert

First, so sorry for your huge loss, Jo Ann. I can't even imagine how you feel, but please let me know if you need anything, that I am able to help with.
After that sad note, I am back in St Louis, from my 9 day trip to CA with my sisters. We had a great time, but boy am I ready to craft.
I see new dates for the rest of the year, and I did say I can do April here at my house, and maybe May too, if we don't have a place to meet. Where is the place that is booked for the rest of the year, somehow I missed that?
See you all soon.
Dee

Last edited by deelite; 02-05-2013 at 08:49 PM..
Old 02-06-2013, 01:15 PM   #3516
Insane Embellisher

Kirkwood Library at 1:00 like usual. So those who don't like change, we are set for another year.
Things are slowly calming down. Chris has 8days in a row to work and I'm hoping to get my idea on paper. I can't thank my daughter and my oldest son enough for all they have done. Thanks everyone for the prayers!

Jo Ann
Old 02-09-2013, 07:47 AM   #3517
Die Cut Diva

Hey Dannette or Katherine,
What is the theme for the 23rd? Trying to get some ideas going!! Do we bring enough supplies to share what we do? Or do we just bring something altered we have created on our own? Ohhhhh...I think I have an idea for everyone!! And I can bring enough for everyone to make one!!

Last edited by Jill with a G; 02-09-2013 at 07:48 AM.. Reason: spelling
Old 02-11-2013, 06:54 PM   #3518
Pearl-ExPert

Hello ladies
Seems like so long since we have been together. I am sorry to say, that I will not be able to make this Saturday. The theme, sounds like fun, too. I have sister in law coming in from Kansas, to stay with us, and would feel funny, leaving for the day, to play.
Hope all goes well, and I will be happy to see your creations.
Dee
ps Glad to hear things are kind of healing, for you Jo Ann. Also glad to hear that you had plenty of help from your other kids. God knows you could use all the help they can give, during this stressful time.

Last edited by deelite; 02-11-2013 at 06:57 PM..
Old 02-12-2013, 08:16 AM   #3519
Pearl-ExPert

Ladies
I just heard from Danette, and her and Diane are not going to be able to make Saturday at the library.
Just letting you know.
Hugs
Dee
Old 02-12-2013, 08:20 AM   #3520
Insane Embellisher

As of this weekend, we are waiting to see if my middle finger will be healed enough for me to attend. My crazy little dog bit through my finger and nail Saturday. My fault, says everyone but me! Lol I will post mid week after the doctor.
Sorry Dee you can't make it. But sisters don't last forever!

Jo Ann