Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-15-2008, 06:15 AM   #1481
Matboard Maniac

Send a message via AIM to ltsinmi Send a message via Yahoo to ltsinmi
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvansluys View Post
Hello! I am not new (nor am I a native - but, don't hold that aganist me)to St. Louis but, new to this site. Did not even know it exsisted until the other day. So, I got up my courage and, well, here I am.

I do not have a huge group of friends to hang with and taking classes just to socialize gets rather expensive. Looking for a group that I can contribute to and have fun with once in awhile.

I live in the Hwy 55-Meramec Bottom area, just behind the QT and Cracker Barrel. Does anyone live close by?

Just wondering if you have room for one more?
Cindy Van Sluys

PS I am not a current demo.
Hey Cindy, welcome! I've only been on this thread and with this group for about 18 months. they are awesome!! I'm still not real familiar with the area so I 'think' I'm north of you. I am staying in Creve Coeur, close to Olive and 270 if that helps. Anyway, we are having a very small gathering today if you would like to join. I'll pm you info and you can call me if you have any questions or would like to join in. The more the merrier. thanks!

Tracy
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-15-2008, 07:23 AM   #1482
Kookie Creator

Hey girls! Tracy - I got your pm and sent one back to you! If my sickly DD can allow me I will be there. Are you meeting at 1?

Hi Cindy! Welcome to the group! These girls are sooooo great to stamp and chat with. I think I have been meeting with them for almost 2 years and it is so fun.
I live in Fenton so I am close to you - if I get to go today we can meet and maybe carpool if you start getting together with us.

Hope to see everyone today!
Aren't my babies beautiful!!!
Old 11-15-2008, 07:39 AM   #1483
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather Boulicault View Post
Hey girls! Tracy - I got your pm and sent one back to you! If my sickly DD can allow me I will be there. Are you meeting at 1?

Hi Cindy! Welcome to the group! These girls are sooooo great to stamp and chat with. I think I have been meeting with them for almost 2 years and it is so fun.
I live in Fenton so I am close to you - if I get to go today we can meet and maybe carpool if you start getting together with us.

Hope to see everyone today!
Heather, yes it is at 1:00 - just a few of us but will still be fun. Talk to you later!
Old 11-15-2008, 08:48 PM   #1484
Crimping Master

Quote:
Hello! I am not new (nor am I a native - but, don't hold that aganist me)to St. Louis but, new to this site. Did not even know it exsisted until the other day. So, I got up my courage and, well, here I am.

I do not have a huge group of friends to hang with and taking classes just to socialize gets rather expensive. Looking for a group that I can contribute to and have fun with once in awhile.

I live in the Hwy 55-Meramec Bottom area, just behind the QT and Cracker Barrel. Does anyone live close by?

Just wondering if you have room for one more?
Cindy Van Sluys

PS I am not a current demo.
Hi Cindy! You have come to the right place We would be happy to have you at our next shoebox swap! I may be having a Christmas craft night at my house in December so I will let you know. Everyone in this group is just so sweet, and the first time I came to a swap I felt like I was with old friends. I look forward to meeting you Julie

Recipe Card Challenge Blog!

My Shop
Old 11-16-2008, 05:13 AM   #1485
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via Yahoo to cvansluys

Hi and Thanks! I am looking forward to meeting some new folks!! But, I do not know what a Shoebox Swap is....would you fill me in?

Just curious Julie, do you make anything other than cards? Not that I don't make cards, that is how I got started, I love 'em!

Cindy
Old 11-16-2008, 05:37 PM   #1486
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via MSN to deelite

Hi ladies. I made it to Theresa's workshop Friday night and it was so enjoyable. The projects were great and the food was exceptional, as usual. She had a large group of ladies, and we all had fun making the wonderful projects that Theresa created. Thanks for a great night, Theresa.
Cindy, did you make it to the shoebox, at Tracy's? I live very close to you in south county. I live off of Mattis close to highway 55. Hope we can get together at another shoebox soon.
Sorry I wasn't able to make Tracy's get together on Saturday. We had to pick up dil from the airport. She was returning from Sweden and spent Saturday with us. Can't wait to hear how your Saturday shoebox went.
Dee

Last edited by deelite; 11-16-2008 at 05:41 PM..
Old 11-16-2008, 08:53 PM   #1487
Pearl-ExPert

Dee I did not make it to the shoebox swap. Was tied up getting the yard all in shape for Winter and the holidays.....took all day!! DH was home this weekend, travels away sometimes and we just could not play...boo hoo!! Anyway, I will keep watching for the next upcoming get together.

I still do not know what a shoebox swap is. Would someone explain please?
Happy Monday!
Cindy
Old 11-16-2008, 09:53 PM   #1488
The Queen of Blue

Cindy, A shoebox swap is where a you design a card then cut all the necessary peices and provide the embellishments, stamps and inks and anything you used on the card in a box for everyone in the group to complete the card. You take your "shoebox" (or basket or whatever you bring it in) put it at your spot on the table and then everyone takes turns moving to everyone elses spot and making each card. I believe everyone is responsible for bringing their own adhesive and a few items for their own personal use. It is a complete blast. I am one of the coordinators for an annual shoebox swap called the STL Stampede. I hope that helps answer your question.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:35 AM   #1489
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampcrazed2 View Post
Cindy, A shoebox swap is where a you design a card then cut all the necessary peices and provide the embellishments, stamps and inks and anything you used on the card in a box for everyone in the group to complete the card. You take your "shoebox" (or basket or whatever you bring it in) put it at your spot on the table and then everyone takes turns moving to everyone elses spot and making each card. I believe everyone is responsible for bringing their own adhesive and a few items for their own personal use. It is a complete blast. I am one of the coordinators for an annual shoebox swap called the STL Stampede. I hope that helps answer your question.

Thanks Autumn, you explained it just right.....I get it now!! I love challenges and opportunties.....I will have to start thinking of swap ideas. Are there rules for the swap....like so many layers, embellies, current SU products?

And your Stampede sounds great too. When will you have the next one, I would love to come!

Cindy
Old 11-17-2008, 05:30 AM   #1490
Crimping Master

Quote:
Hi and Thanks! I am looking forward to meeting some new folks!! But, I do not know what a Shoebox Swap is....would you fill me in?

Just curious Julie, do you make anything other than cards? Not that I don't make cards, that is how I got started, I love 'em!

Cindy
Cindy,
Yes, I am in to every sort of paper craft If you check out my Blog (the link in under my name) you can see the canvas I just made. I am thinking of having a Christmas Craft night at my house and that would be all sorts of paper crafts.

My Shop
Old 11-17-2008, 05:50 AM   #1491
Crimping Master

Okay, I am thinking of hosting my Christmas Craft night on a Thursday night? What does everyone think of that idea? I am trying to stay away from all the Christmas parties and activities that I know everyone has scheduled for December weekends. I am thinking of December 11th at 6:30 till whenever. This is like a workshop with centers for each project. I will have a candle table, ornament table, paper bag album table, tic tac snowman card table, snowman soup mug card, and one more that I need to think about. How does this sound to everyone? I ask that everyone who attends chip in $10 to cover the supply cost.
If anyone thinks this sounds fun let me know by December 4th so I know I have enough.
Julie

My Shop
Old 11-17-2008, 06:12 AM   #1492
Matboard Maniac

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialcraftmom View Post
Okay, I am thinking of hosting my Christmas Craft night on a Thursday night? What does everyone think of that idea? I am trying to stay away from all the Christmas parties and activities that I know everyone has scheduled for December weekends. I am thinking of December 11th at 6:30 till whenever. This is like a workshop with centers for each project. I will have a candle table, ornament table, paper bag album table, tic tac snowman card table, snowman soup mug card, and one more that I need to think about. How does this sound to everyone? I ask that everyone who attends chip in $10 to cover the supply cost.
If anyone thinks this sounds fun let me know by December 4th so I know I have enough.
Julie
I think it sounds fantastic - count me in!!
Old 11-17-2008, 06:14 AM   #1493
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by deelite View Post
Hi ladies. I made it to Theresa's workshop Friday night and it was so enjoyable. The projects were great and the food was exceptional, as usual. She had a large group of ladies, and we all had fun making the wonderful projects that Theresa created. Thanks for a great night, Theresa.
Cindy, did you make it to the shoebox, at Tracy's? I live very close to you in south county. I live off of Mattis close to highway 55. Hope we can get together at another shoebox soon.
Sorry I wasn't able to make Tracy's get together on Saturday. We had to pick up dil from the airport. She was returning from Sweden and spent Saturday with us. Can't wait to hear how your Saturday shoebox went.
Dee
I was so bummed I didn't make it to Theresa's! I ended up working till 7:30 Friday night. Hopefully next month!
Old 11-17-2008, 06:27 AM   #1494
Matboard Maniac

Well, it was just Julie and I on Saturday but we had a blast!! Julie brought two cards, one gorgeous xmas card and another most adorable penguin card! I had coasters. So we ended up going for hours and it was great!! Thanks again for coming all the way out here Julie - had a wonderful time.

I know everyone is busy in December usually - are we going to have a swap? Is there one Saturday in December that is better than another? Let's start throwing out dates and see if we have enough interest! I know I'm here the first two weekends and would love to get together. Thanks!!
Old 11-17-2008, 07:16 AM   #1495
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Julie
I would definitely be interested in this! Let me know if it is a go!

Mommy to my handsome twin 3 year old boys and beautiful 1 year old girl

~ Gallery ~ Craft Blog ~ Family Blog ~
Old 11-17-2008, 11:52 AM   #1496
Kookie Creator

Send a message via MSN to speddirector Send a message via Yahoo to speddirector

Hello ladies! I live about 3 hours south of you in the Bootheel but would love to join some of your weekend events from time to time. I'm a hobby demo and love getting together and playing with stamps and making all types of paper crafts.

I can't make it during the week obviously, but some of the weekend events I might could!

My pitiful blog: www.sherastamps.blogspot.com
Old 11-17-2008, 06:32 PM   #1497
Pearl-ExPert

Speddirector.... we would love to have you join us on our Saturday shoebox. Just keep an eye on this thread and you will find out where or when.
Julie, I can't make Thursday night. Hubby is having surgery on Thursday, and I will need to be here for him, Thursday night. I hate to miss your Christmas craft night.
Tracy, I am not sure about dates in December. If any, maybe that first weekend, for me.
Dee
Old 11-18-2008, 06:39 AM   #1498
Pearl-ExPert

Julie I will put Dec 11th on my calendar. Your workshop sounds like a lot of fun. Theresa's is the Friday night after, but hopefully I can sneek out for both. hehe BTW I did check for your punch, and I don't have it.
ANNOUNCEMENT I have someone's OLD OLIVE stamp pad. It has a yellow dot on the bottom of it. I am so sorry, but I just noticed it while I was unpacking one of my bags. Please let me know if it is yours, and I will get it back to you asap. Dee (the kleptomaniac)

Last edited by deelite; 11-24-2008 at 05:14 PM..
Old 11-18-2008, 06:59 AM   #1499
Pearl-ExPert

Thumbs up

Quote:
Julie
Julie, I would be interested, count me in....that way I can start meeting some of you. Where do you live in Illinois? Would there be anyone who would want to carpool/caravan?

Cindy
Old 11-18-2008, 07:27 AM   #1500
Pearl-ExPert

Cindy,
Julie lives in Columbia, right on the other side of the JB bridge. To get to her house, from mine, takes about 15 minutes at the most. I have been there, so if you want to carpool we can meet up.
Dee
Old 11-18-2008, 10:35 AM   #1501
Crimping Master

Quote:
Julie I will put Dec 11th on my calendar. Your workshop sounds like a lot of fun. Theresa's is the Friday night before, but hopefully I can sneek out for both. hehe BTW I did check for your punch, and I don't have it.
ANNOUNCEMENT I have someone's OLD OLIVE stamp pad. It has a yellow dot on the bottom of it. I am so sorry, but I just noticed it while I was unpacking one of my bags. Please let me know if it is yours, and I will get it back to you asap.
Dee (the kleptomaniac)
Sounds Great!

My Shop
Old 11-18-2008, 10:37 AM   #1502
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltsinmi View Post
Well, it was just Julie and I on Saturday but we had a blast!! Julie brought two cards, one gorgeous xmas card and another most adorable penguin card! I had coasters. So we ended up going for hours and it was great!! Thanks again for coming all the way out here Julie - had a wonderful time.

I know everyone is busy in December usually - are we going to have a swap? Is there one Saturday in December that is better than another? Let's start throwing out dates and see if we have enough interest! I know I'm here the first two weekends and would love to get together. Thanks!!
When I get a chance I will post the cards we made. I had soooo much fun!!! Thanks for a great day

My Shop
Old 11-18-2008, 10:59 AM   #1503
Pearl-ExPert

Wink Carpooling

Quote:
Cindy,
Julie lives in Columbia, right on the other side of the JB bridge. To get to her house, from mine, takes about 15 minutes at the most. I have been there, so if you want to carpool we can meet up.
Dee
Thanks Dee. Depending on what is going on that day just prior, I may take my own car. But, I may take you up on your offer. Columbia is a hop, skip and a jump away from me as well.

cindy
Old 11-22-2008, 06:44 PM   #1504
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Julie I will put Dec 11th on my calendar. Your workshop sounds like a lot of fun. Theresa's is the Friday night before, but hopefully I can sneek out for both. hehe BTW I did check for your punch, and I don't have it.
ANNOUNCEMENT I have someone's OLD OLIVE stamp pad. It has a yellow dot on the bottom of it. I am so sorry, but I just noticed it while I was unpacking one of my bags. Please let me know if it is yours, and I will get it back to you asap.
Dee (the kleptomaniac)
Dee, I have Theresa's Dec date as Friday the 12th - did it change to the 5th? I don't want to miss it! I'll be in town both those weekends so will make it as long as I know the right date! I'll check the Old Olive when I get back to STL (just got home tonight) because I may have brought it for Frankie. I'll let you know! thanks!
Old 11-24-2008, 07:30 AM   #1505
Inking Addict

Default Dates in December

I won't be able to make Julie's craft night. That sounds like so much fun but I have to work that night. I have missed the information on theresa's date. Is that open to everyone and when is it?
Kbess36
Old 11-24-2008, 07:53 AM   #1506
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Cindy,
Dee
Dee, I may take you up on your carpool offer to Julie's, if you don't mind. As a non-native to St. Louis I get confused with all the bridges... the JB... is that the 255 one that goes through Cahokia? I'm thinking I will be going towards your place anyway and would be so glad to cut my drive time a little. Let me know!

Old 11-24-2008, 04:48 PM   #1507
The Queen of Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampcrazed2 View Post
For the ones that are interested, here is the link to the Crop thread. I know the holidays are coming but what a great way to unwind. You can crop or make cards either way.

IL * Croppin' In Collinsville, Illinois
Just wanted to let you know the December crop date has been posted. Hope to see some or all of you there.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:19 PM   #1508
Pearl-ExPert

Kelly, it will be great to have you in our carpool. We can meet at my house, or somewhere around South County Mall.
Tracy, be sure to check if that is your Old Olive pad. I will bring it to Julie's on Thursday, or Theresa's on Friday. The 12th is the correct date for
Theresa's.
Karen, hope to see you at Julie's, it has been a while.
Dee
Old 12-01-2008, 11:50 AM   #1509
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbess46 View Post
I won't be able to make Julie's craft night. That sounds like so much fun but I have to work that night. I have missed the information on theresa's date. Is that open to everyone and when is it?
Kbess36
Yes, it's open to everyone and it's on the 12th at 7:00 p.m. Let me know if you want more info and I'll PM it to you.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:19 PM   #1510
Pearl-ExPert

Kelly we will chat this week about where to meet for Julie's Thursday evening. Anyone else want to carpool, just pm me or drop a line here.
Anybody heard from Julie? Hoping everything is still on for Thursday night.
Dee
Old 12-06-2008, 04:30 AM   #1511
Pearl-ExPert

Default Craft Night

Quote:
Julie
Julie,

I hope that I am not too late in responding for your craft night. But, I would really love to get out of the house and talk with someone other than family.....meet some new folks.....and make a few gifts too. What do I need to bring?

Sounds like fun!
Cindy
Old 12-06-2008, 04:32 AM   #1512
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Kelly we will chat this week about where to meet for Julie's Thursday evening. Anyone else want to carpool, just pm me or drop a line here.
Anybody heard from Julie? Hoping everything is still on for Thursday night.
Dee
Dee,

If the offer is still good, and you have room, I would like to carpool with you on Thursday night. Have you decided where to meet and time?

Cindy
Old 12-06-2008, 12:13 PM   #1513
Pearl-ExPert

Cindy, that would be great if we carpool. I am thinking about meeting at Dierbergs on their parking lot by that ATM machine in the corner on the Mattis Road side. Kelly let me know if that is good for you, and we can meet there and then just hop on 270 right over the JB bridge.
Dee
Old 12-06-2008, 02:48 PM   #1514
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Cindy, that would be great if we carpool. I am thinking about meeting at Dierbergs on their parking lot by that ATM machine in the corner on the Mattis Road side. Kelly let me know if that is good for you, and we can meet there and then just hop on 270 right over the JB bridge.
Dee
Dee,

I know exactly where that ATM is....works for me. What time?

Cindy
Old 12-06-2008, 03:25 PM   #1515
Crimping Master

Yes, I am still planning on a fun Christmas Crafts night! I was busy this week with Christmas Crafts at my children's school. I am in charge of that program for the PTA. We had over 200 children show up last night (: I am still in my PJ's recovering today, LOL!
Thursday night we will start between 6:30 and 7:00 till whenever (: . Just bring your favorite adhesive.
Does anyone need directions? I will PM you if you let me know. Julie

My Shop
Old 12-06-2008, 06:33 PM   #1516
Kookie Creator

Hi girls! How is everyone?! I lost touch with the group briefly - I stopped getting the email updates - you know when you stop checking in with every email?
Julie and Tracy - I am so sorry I missed out on our get together last month - DD ended up having strep throat again when we took her to the pediatrician to get a retest after being on anti biotics for almost 2 weeks and he sent us to a specialist that week who hurried up and took out her tonsils when the antibiotics were taking effect. She ended up getting her tonsil taken out the Wednesday before thanksgiving! Poor thing couldn't even eat Turkey for Thanksgiving!! Anyway - it has been many sleepless nights taken care of her waking up in the middle of the night! Whew!!!! I wish I could make Julies craft night - but I am not sure DH will be home from work in time for me to meet up with the carpool.
I will try to check in tom. night and see what everyones plans are for driving to Julies - I really, really want to go!!!!
Julie can you pm me directions - just in case I can make it? It will all depend on what DH gets home from a job install Thurday.
Count me as a maybe?
Old 12-07-2008, 06:14 AM   #1517
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather Boulicault View Post
Hi girls! How is everyone?! I lost touch with the group briefly - I stopped getting the email updates - you know when you stop checking in with every email?
Julie and Tracy - I am so sorry I missed out on our get together last month - DD ended up having strep throat again when we took her to the pediatrician to get a retest after being on anti biotics for almost 2 weeks and he sent us to a specialist that week who hurried up and took out her tonsils when the antibiotics were taking effect. She ended up getting her tonsil taken out the Wednesday before thanksgiving! Poor thing couldn't even eat Turkey for Thanksgiving!! Anyway - it has been many sleepless nights taken care of her waking up in the middle of the night! Whew!!!! I wish I could make Julies craft night - but I am not sure DH will be home from work in time for me to meet up with the carpool.
I will try to check in tom. night and see what everyones plans are for driving to Julies - I really, really want to go!!!!
Julie can you pm me directions - just in case I can make it? It will all depend on what DH gets home from a job install Thurday.
Count me as a maybe?
I will send you directions. You are not that far from me...I go shopping at GB all the time (: It is okay if you are late because it is a work at your own pace night Hope your little one is feeling much better Hope to see you! Julie

My Shop
Old 12-07-2008, 01:03 PM   #1518
Kookie Creator

Quote:
I will send you directions. You are not that far from me...I go shopping at GB all the time (: It is okay if you are late because it is a work at your own pace night Hope your little one is feeling much better Hope to see you! Julie
Thnaks Julie! I know you are just a short drive over the river! Since it is a work at your own pace kind of thing - I should definately be able to come - I will probably be a little late though. I am sooooo excited!!! I haven't seen you guys in a few months!
Old 12-08-2008, 09:02 AM   #1519
Matboard Maniac

Smile

Hi guys! I'm still planning on coming to Julie's on Thursday and Theresa's on Friday. Then I'm doing the Collinsville crop on Saturday - what a fun crafting weekend! I'm hoping to finish my xmas cards (about time, huh??) but wanted to do some with the Deck the Halls set. I thought I had ordered it but didn't. Does anyone have it that I could borrow for the weekend? I've attached a picture of the one I'm talking about. Let me know. Thanks!!

btw, Dee - I think that is my Old Olive (I can't find mine anyway) so if no one has claimed it then it must be! I can get it from your Thursday or Friday. thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
dec-halls.jpg  
Old 12-08-2008, 09:27 AM   #1520
Die Cut Diva

Dee sounds good. I will have to find the ATM, but I will give myself extra time to get there. I know where the Dierberg's is at least. What time?