Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-01-2007, 04:13 AM   #681
Rubber Obsessor

Add me please! I vote yes on some boy cards as well. All of my friends seem to have boys and we have a number of birthdays coming up! Looking forward to seeing everyone.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-01-2007, 04:53 AM   #682
Matboard Maniac

Send a message via AIM to ltsinmi Send a message via Yahoo to ltsinmi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampingchic View Post
Just a quick question!!

Is the theme still "manly" cards for the August swap??

Just wanted to make sure before I started working on my card.
Sure is!
Old 08-01-2007, 04:54 AM   #683
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkstamper View Post
Add me please! I vote yes on some boy cards as well. All of my friends seem to have boys and we have a number of birthdays coming up! Looking forward to seeing everyone.
will do! See ya there!
Old 08-01-2007, 05:08 AM   #684
Compulsive Stamper

Thumbs up A Newbie!!

Hi, my name is Willow and Tracy invited me to check out the gathering in August and I am so excited!!! Please add me to the list, even if I cannot find the original post...LOL...Thanks!
Old 08-01-2007, 05:18 AM   #685
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwilloww@yahoo.com View Post
Hi, my name is Willow and Tracy invited me to check out the gathering in August and I am so excited!!! Please add me to the list, even if I cannot find the original post...LOL...Thanks!
Willow, glad you found us! This is a great group of St. Louis locals (except for me, LOL!) like I mentioned and they hold monthly swaps. I happen to be the hostess for August and will send out directions, etc. as we get closer. Meanwhile, mark your calendar for 8/25 1-4 (or whenever!). We will have almost 20 people at this one!! The 'theme' is 'manly' cards (or boys will be boys - your choice!). Glad you joined! Talk to you later! Tracy
Old 08-01-2007, 01:28 PM   #686
Matboard Maniac

Smile Some informational link for all the newbies!

Lynn had shared this with me when I first started with the group (a whopping two swaps ago! LOL!) and I thought it would be helpful for the new folks joining this time:

See previous post #308 (page 8 ) for some basic instructions on how to prepare for a shoebox swap. I'd like to add a tip that I show several of the ladies doing for the two I attended: once you cut all your supplies divide them up into 'piles' of supplies necessary to make one card per pile. Then, put all those neccessities in a baggie - that way the stampers only have to grab a bag, look at your sample and start stamping! I'm going to do that this time - it's much easier and less likely to lose stuff (which I'm horrible about!).

Next, if you're new and wondering if your card will be 'good enough', don't worry it will! However, if you want some idea of what others are bringing (or have in the past) go to post #526 (p14) and Lynn has a line that says something like 'to see the pics, click here'. Well, just click on the 'here' and it will take you to her gallery where she posts all the previous month's swaps. July is there and back many more! Gives you a great idea for swaps. I will tell you they go all out!! The new girls last month fit right in - great swaps - so you see, nothing to worry about!

Finally - for all - what kind of goodies do you like? I don't cook or bake - the only thing I do make is a special 'dip'. My 'specialty' (easy to have one if you only make one thing!) is crab dip. Anyone allergic to crab? I could make that. Then, anything else, I have to buy because that is the extent of my cullinary skills!! Anyway, I'm open to ideas. So, gathering some ideas! Let me know! Thanks!!
Old 08-01-2007, 04:46 PM   #687
Compulsive Stamper

Sounds like you will have a great turn out for the swap. I am going to have to deline this month; however, I hope to meet everyone at the next swap.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:53 PM   #688
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via AIM to Lynn in St. Louis

Your dip sounds yummy! Can't wait to try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltsinmi View Post
Lynn had shared this with me when I first started with the group (a whopping two swaps ago! LOL!) and I thought it would be helpful for the new folks joining this time:

See previous post #308 (page 8 ) for some basic instructions on how to prepare for a shoebox swap. I'd like to add a tip that I show several of the ladies doing for the two I attended: once you cut all your supplies divide them up into 'piles' of supplies necessary to make one card per pile. Then, put all those neccessities in a baggie - that way the stampers only have to grab a bag, look at your sample and start stamping! I'm going to do that this time - it's much easier and less likely to lose stuff (which I'm horrible about!).

Next, if you're new and wondering if your card will be 'good enough', don't worry it will! However, if you want some idea of what others are bringing (or have in the past) go to post #526 (p14) and Lynn has a line that says something like 'to see the pics, click here'. Well, just click on the 'here' and it will take you to her gallery where she posts all the previous month's swaps. July is there and back many more! Gives you a great idea for swaps. I will tell you they go all out!! The new girls last month fit right in - great swaps - so you see, nothing to worry about!

Finally - for all - what kind of goodies do you like? I don't cook or bake - the only thing I do make is a special 'dip'. My 'specialty' (easy to have one if you only make one thing!) is crab dip. Anyone allergic to crab? I could make that. Then, anything else, I have to buy because that is the extent of my cullinary skills!! Anyway, I'm open to ideas. So, gathering some ideas! Let me know! Thanks!!
Old 08-01-2007, 04:54 PM   #689
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntjanet View Post
Sounds like you will have a great turn out for the swap. I am going to have to deline this month; however, I hope to meet everyone at the next swap.
bummer! Hope to see you next time!
Old 08-01-2007, 04:57 PM   #690
Matboard Maniac

Default Good News!

Well, it looks like I'm being move to a different project - this one goes until April of next year! So, looks like I'll be able to hang out with you guys longer!! Yeah!
Old 08-01-2007, 05:04 PM   #691
Compulsive Stamper

Default YIPPIE!!!

Seeing as I haven't even met you yet, I am thrilled to hear that!!!! I can't wait to meet everyone. You all sound great!!!
Old 08-03-2007, 10:53 AM   #692
Matboard Maniac

Hi Guys! Wondering if anyone knows of a place in/around St. Louis where I can get a dog stamp - specifically a Boxer. If you do, please let me know. Thanks!! Tracy
Old 08-03-2007, 11:26 AM   #693

You might call Red Lead 314-822-8288 and ask. I assume that you have already called The Inkspot. Other than that, I don't know because I've not seen anything but cutsey ones like whippersnapper...and those weren't boxers.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:31 AM   #694
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn in St. Louis View Post
You might call Red Lead 314-822-8288 and ask. I assume that you have already called The Inkspot. Other than that, I don't know because I've not seen anything but cutsey ones like whippersnapper...and those weren't boxers.
Yeah, I know of a place I can get one by mail but wanted to make something for a friend's 'going away' present and next Friday is her last day. I'll check out Red Lead. thanks!!
Old 08-04-2007, 10:32 AM   #695
Glitter Queen

Default I am in Maplewood

I live really close and also have my own craft room. I am fairly new to this art. I do not scrapbook but LOVE paper craft in general.
Pam
Old 08-04-2007, 10:42 AM   #696
Die Cut Diva

Welcome Pam! The more the merrier, especially this month since Tracy is hosting this month at her hotel, lots of room! We usually make cards, or other paper crafts, anything that can be done in about 15 minutes or so.

We'd love to have you join us this month on the 25th. Itsinmi (Tracy) is hosting, so she has all the information on where we are meeting.

Mommy to my handsome twin 3 year old boys and beautiful 1 year old girl

~ Gallery ~ Craft Blog ~ Family Blog ~
Old 08-04-2007, 12:12 PM   #697
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadget19 View Post
Welcome Pam! The more the merrier, especially this month since Tracy is hosting this month at her hotel, lots of room! ... We'd love to have you join us this month on the 25th. Itsinmi (Tracy) is hosting, so she has all the information on where we are meeting.
Yes Pam, welcome!! I'll add you to the list (see post 662). Read up a few posts fro here and there are other post#'s that have some information on the 'shoebox' style swap we do. Any questions, just ask!

FYI - I think we can all expect this month's swap to be longer than usual just because of the number of people. That's cool with me (and the hotel!), we have the room all night if we want it!! Thanks also to Willow for volunteering to bring some extra goodies to go along with my crab dip. More goodie information as well as directions will be coming up as we get closer. Yeah!!

Tracy
Old 08-06-2007, 12:35 PM   #698
Die Cut Diva

Another one bites the dust.... sorry gals found out this weekend that my board meeting is that same day... and since I have missed 2 out of the 4 per year this year.. and I am the secretary, yeah I need to go. I should be able to make it in September, but I can't be 100% positive yet. Hopefully.

Old 08-06-2007, 03:26 PM   #699
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via MSN to deelite

Awwwwwww Kelly, you will be missed for sure. Tracy, that crab dip sounds good to me. I am out in San Francisco, getting my fair share of fish of all kinds. I am coming home from sisters, tomorrow evening, and will have my shoe box put together soon. See ya on Saturday. Let me know if you need me to bring anything (stampin scrub, etc). It will be no problem adding a few things to my bag.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:39 AM   #700
Rubber Obsessor

Default Michael's Coupon

Help! I need the scoop on Michael's coupons and purchasing a Cuttlebug.

The cuttlebug and assorted accoutrements were on my birthday list. I didn't get them, but I did get a $50 Michael's gift certificate and a ton of Stampin Up stuff.

So, I'm finally looking to make a big purchase at Michael's and I don't get the newspaper so I have no idea when I should look for a coupon, if they are in a section or flyer, or even if you can still use them for a Cuttlebug. TIA
Old 08-10-2007, 04:44 AM   #701

I don't get the ads for Michael's anymore, but you can always just call the store and ask them if this is a coupon week.

L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetris View Post
Help! I need the scoop on Michael's coupons and purchasing a Cuttlebug.

The cuttlebug and assorted accoutrements were on my birthday list. I didn't get them, but I did get a $50 Michael's gift certificate and a ton of Stampin Up stuff.

So, I'm finally looking to make a big purchase at Michael's and I don't get the newspaper so I have no idea when I should look for a coupon, if they are in a section or flyer, or even if you can still use them for a Cuttlebug. TIA
Old 08-11-2007, 07:59 AM   #702
Kookie Creator

Hey - I think I am ready for the 25th. I finally came up with "the card" that I hope all will like and be easy/quick enough. Of course, the creation takes all the time, not the putting together. I finally had my first vacation day of the summer yesterday. My secretary (who already had her card and supplies ready for the 25th), her daughter, a friend, and I stamped ALL day beginning about 9 AM and then home at 11 PM. THAT was my vacation and a FUN one. I am looking forward to meeting everyone. I will bring some munchies as well - chocolate helps the creativity always! Can't wait for all the details!
Sally
Old 08-12-2007, 10:55 AM   #703
Rubber Obsessor

Default tetris--cuttlebug update

Hobby Lobby has all of their cuttlebug stuff 30% off this week (starting tomorrow/monday). I don't have one but just got the ad. There was also a coupon on Michael's ad but that would only be on one item...
Old 08-12-2007, 11:27 AM   #704
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkstamper View Post
Hobby Lobby has all of their cuttlebug stuff 30% off this week (starting tomorrow/monday). I don't have one but just got the ad. There was also a coupon on Michael's ad but that would only be on one item...
Do they sell the machine too? I saw it in the ad but I haven't seen it at the store (of course I never looked hard since I have one). If so it would be even better to wait an extra week, they always have a 40% off coupon every other week.

JoAnn's has CB stuff on sale too, but from what I heard most JoAnn's aren't selling them anymore. I know the one in South County has sold all their CB items and don't plan on restocking.

Old 08-12-2007, 11:27 AM   #705
Stazon Splitcoast

You can sign up to get the Michaels, Hobby Lobby and JoAnns ads electonically, but the special coupons for Michaels aren't in the e-ads (like their 40% off a single non-sale item). The Hobby lobby adds have the special coupons.
I also use an on-line store that carries the ProvoCraft line (including Coluzzle) that I have had good luck in finding the stuff that the craft stores don't carry or run out. ScrapHappyShop- http://www.utesgirl.com/catalog/
Reasonable shipping rates and orders shipped quickly.
Anyone know where to get Coluzzle products? I used to get mine from the scrapbook store (memories unlimited?) near Walmart on Manchester that closed.
Old 08-12-2007, 12:20 PM   #706
Compulsive Stamper

I'm not sure but am thinking that For Keeps Sake may carry some Coluzzle products. Also wanted to mention that for those of us who live in areas of St. Louis that do not receive the Michael's flyer in their sunday paper, Michael's will still give the coupon value to you if you mention it. You just sign a form and give your zip code. I am one of those people...;
Old 08-12-2007, 06:55 PM   #707
Rubber Obsessor

I bought the newspaper today, and there was a Michael's coupon in mine, so I ran out and bought my Cuttlebug. I was disappointed that they only had 2 embossing folders in stock, but I bought them both. I even made a card using one of them this evening. http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=63741

I guess I'll have to go to Hobby Lobby tomorrow and see what they have. It's horrible being forced to shop, don't you think?

Thanks for all the info.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:22 PM   #708
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadget19 View Post
Another one bites the dust.... sorry gals found out this weekend that my board meeting is that same day... and since I have missed 2 out of the 4 per year this year.. and I am the secretary, yeah I need to go. I should be able to make it in September, but I can't be 100% positive yet. Hopefully.
We'll miss ya but understand these things!! Depending on the date, I hope to be at the September one too!
Old 08-12-2007, 08:26 PM   #709
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by deelite View Post
Awwwwwww Kelly, you will be missed for sure. Tracy, that crab dip sounds good to me. I am out in San Francisco, getting my fair share of fish of all kinds. I am coming home from sisters, tomorrow evening, and will have my shoe box put together soon. See ya on Saturday. Let me know if you need me to bring anything (stampin scrub, etc). It will be no problem adding a few things to my bag.
I have to admit - I LOVE that dip. I can eat it for a meal! LOL!! Never thought of extra stampin scrubs - great idea, I'd appreciate it if you could bring it! Now remember it's the 25th - not next Saturday the 18th. I'll be in Michigan again next weekend! I'll be sending out instructions, etc. this coming week! Can't wait!
Old 08-12-2007, 08:31 PM   #710
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by scherry View Post
Hey - I think I am ready for the 25th. I finally came up with "the card" that I hope all will like and be easy/quick enough. Of course, the creation takes all the time, not the putting together. I finally had my first vacation day of the summer yesterday. My secretary (who already had her card and supplies ready for the 25th), her daughter, a friend, and I stamped ALL day beginning about 9 AM and then home at 11 PM. THAT was my vacation and a FUN one. I am looking forward to meeting everyone. I will bring some munchies as well - chocolate helps the creativity always! Can't wait for all the details!
Sally
Sally, thanks - chocolate is wonderful!! Look forward to seeing you (and your creation!!)
Old 08-12-2007, 08:40 PM   #711
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
I bought the newspaper today, and there was a Michael's coupon in mine, so I ran out and bought my Cuttlebug. ... I even made a card using one of them this evening. http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=63741

Thanks for all the info.
I love your card!! I haven't given in yet but think I might have to!! Would one of you ladies that have it bring it on the 25th? I'd love to try one. Thanks!!

p.s. would you all take a minute to check post #662 and make sure you (and your guests if any) are on the list? That way we'll know how many to bring. Thanks!!
Old 08-13-2007, 09:01 AM   #712
Kookie Creator

Quote:
I bought the newspaper today, and there was a Michael's coupon in mine, so I ran out and bought my Cuttlebug. I was disappointed that they only had 2 embossing folders in stock, but I bought them both. I even made a card using one of them this evening. http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=63741

I guess I'll have to go to Hobby Lobby tomorrow and see what they have. It's horrible being forced to shop, don't you think?

Thanks for all the info.
Hi girls!!!
Melissa - loved your card. The cuttlebug is pretty adictive!! I don't have a cuttlebug, but I do have the sizzix big shot and you can use the cuttlebug folders with it. I buy a lot of the folders from an ebay store called oh my crafts - at http://www.ohmycrafts.com they always have specials going on and have alot of the popular folders in stock. They are addictive - happy stamping!!!!
Aren't my babies beautiful!!!
Old 08-14-2007, 11:25 AM   #713
Inking Addict

Just found out my friend Linda can't make it. I'm still waiting to hear from Kelly.

my avatar is sweet Sadie Mae
Old 08-14-2007, 04:50 PM   #714
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nu2no View Post
I live really close and also have my own craft room. I am fairly new to this art. I do not scrapbook but LOVE paper craft in general.
Pam
Hi Pam ... Where in Maplewood do you live? I moved from there about a year ago. I love that area! I lived on Flora. I am in St. Charles now and was hoping to make the August swap with the ladies from SCS but am now crossing my fingers for September!

Happy Stampin'!
Kimberly
Old 08-17-2007, 01:41 PM   #715

Tracy - what is our current count for next weekend. I want to prep my stuff this weekend.

Thanks!
Old 08-17-2007, 05:56 PM   #716
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn in St. Louis View Post
Tracy - what is our current count for next weekend. I want to prep my stuff this weekend.

Thanks!
We're at 17!! I can't wait! I'm just getting ready to send out the PMs with info. so stay tuned!

Also, does anyone have Wildlife Reserve that I could borrow this weekend? Let me know, thanks!!
Old 08-17-2007, 08:10 PM   #717
Matboard Maniac

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltsinmi View Post
We're at 17!! I can't wait! I'm just getting ready to send out the PMs with info. so stay tuned!

Also, does anyone have Wildlife Reserve that I could borrow this weekend? Let me know, thanks!!
Hi Guys! I just sent out PMs to all of you with directions, etc. I also had forgotten about a new stamper that I work with here in STL. She may be coming so if you are still making cards and can make 18 instead of 17 that would be great (just to be safe). If you are done already, don't worry about it - I'm sure she'll be overwhelmed as it is!!

Also, just heard back from Sally and she's bringing chocolate cake - yum! I'm making my crab dip, Willow is bringing goodies as well. Let me know what you all want to drink, etc. I can't wait - this is going to be so much fun! I just got several new bellas that I'll have there for anyone that wants to stamp some images so just bring some extra paper. Also, I never thought about it until Dianna mentioned it but we could use a couple extra stampin scrubs. Let me know if you can bring one. thanks guys!

Last edited by ltsinmi; 08-17-2007 at 08:13 PM..
Old 08-18-2007, 02:37 AM   #718
Compulsive Stamper

I AM SO EXCITED!!!! I just wonder how I will get there from midtown, as 64/40 is bound to be closed. Anyone have any ideas??? I was thinking 70 to 270 but not sure where from there. Will 64 be open up in Chesterfield??? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, CY'ALL Saturday!!!! Willow
Old 08-18-2007, 06:19 AM   #719
Kookie Creator

Good ???? I am coming from the IL side and was thinking - straight out 40 - Ooopps...

Also - to make sure I have this right... from the newbie...
I bring the cake - got that one.
Bring the card and all the paper/emb for each card.
Do we bring our own utensils/adhesive/glue to carry with us to each station? I will have all the card materials together today and will wait to pack my little ditty bag until Friday night.

Cannot wait to meet you guys ...

Lastly, let me know of your favorite places to shop for our addictive habit that we (Mary and I) can go to in the AM. I have only been out of Mt. Vernon twice all summer - only once for fun! Too much work...and NOT enough play!

Sally
Old 08-18-2007, 06:43 AM   #720

You got it. Each person brings with them what I would call a basic kit. For me that includes a small trimmer (in case I need to trim off a boo-boo...lol) My paper scissors, adhesive, a black gel pen, sometimes I bring my glitter pen, 2 way glue, glue dots, dimensionals...in case I get inspired to do something a little different than the sample. That doesn't happen often, but I like to be prepared. The main item to bring is your adhesive.

As for places to shop, I love:

The Inkspot in Kirkwood,
Archivers
Michael's
Rock Paper Scissors in St. Charles

I'm looking forward to our get together as well!!!!

Hugs,

Quote:
Originally Posted by scherry View Post
Good ???? I am coming from the IL side and was thinking - straight out 40 - Ooopps...

Also - to make sure I have this right... from the newbie...
I bring the cake - got that one.
Bring the card and all the paper/emb for each card.
Do we bring our own utensils/adhesive/glue to carry with us to each station? I will have all the card materials together today and will wait to pack my little ditty bag until Friday night.

Cannot wait to meet you guys ...

Lastly, let me know of your favorite places to shop for our addictive habit that we (Mary and I) can go to in the AM. I have only been out of Mt. Vernon twice all summer - only once for fun! Too much work...and NOT enough play!

Sally