Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-28-2011, 09:11 AM   #2961
Pearl-ExPert

Cindy, those cards are both precious. i cracked up at girl, especially at the hair since what you said. I definitely think you should go for it! Great coloring on those cards. Also so happy for your eye dr results. Those medical things are fascinating to see, especially when they're yours. I had a bronchoscope down my throat a few years back and when I sat up the picture of my esophagus was right there! How tiny must that camera be?
Can you believe snow? Not a flurry either. Originally it wasnt supposed to do much here. I am so smart, I have a Peapod food delivery coming tomorrow morning. Yes! Remnds me, I better go add some snacks to that!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-28-2011, 05:37 PM   #2962
Gabfest Goddess

Send a message via Yahoo to AmandaW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathi127 View Post
Bundle up good tonight! It will be a great hot chocolate night!
Pretty Po'ed about tonights game. We drove the 40min down to the game....waited around forever and the Ref's never showed. It was cold, raining and nasty...all for nothing.

Floor guys didn't get done before we needed to leave so they will be back tomorrow. They aren't doing a very good job! They didn't remove any of the old floor. Just sticking new stuff over the top of the old... I'm getting to old for this crap. I want my own house.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:28 PM   #2963
Die Cut Diva

I posted the card from my Secret Sister on the Maryland Stampers Group, but I will put it here too. It is such a fun image!
Attached Thumbnails
ssecret-sister-halloween-card.jpg  

My Gallery
Old 10-28-2011, 08:28 PM   #2964
Pearl-ExPert

Amanda, what a mess. I would be mad too. A horrible night to go through that. Hope Nate wasnt too disappointed. Itwas his game right? The floors? Disaster waiting to happen. I am having problems with my flooring and I think it was put down right. Come buy a house near me!
Off to bed now.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:38 AM   #2965
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaW View Post
Pretty Po'ed about tonights game. We drove the 40min down to the game....waited around forever and the Ref's never showed. It was cold, raining and nasty...all for nothing.

Floor guys didn't get done before we needed to leave so they will be back tomorrow. They aren't doing a very good job! They didn't remove any of the old floor. Just sticking new stuff over the top of the old... I'm getting to old for this crap. I want my own house.
You gotta be kidding?!?!?! Isn't the floor water damaged?
Old 10-29-2011, 04:39 AM   #2966
Insane Embellisher

I had a great time stamping with Jane and Jill yesterday! Today, I'm off to an all-day crop with my friend Denise. She'll work on her scrapbook stuff, and I'll work on my cards...and eat....and eat some more...
Old 10-29-2011, 06:38 AM   #2967
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

I'd be pretty po'ed too on both counts! That is awful that they didn't notify you that there was no game! And I can't believe they are not taking up the old flooring first! The new stuff is just going to lift back up eventually! I don't blame you for wanting your own house!

My Blog:GoldenPaperDreams
My avatar is one of our rescued Goldens, Sabrae!
Old 10-29-2011, 06:40 AM   #2968
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theresa Romani View Post
I posted the card from my Secret Sister on the Maryland Stampers Group, but I will put it here too. It is such a fun image!
Cute card! I never saw a Halloween bunny before!

Old 10-29-2011, 06:46 AM   #2969
Forum Fanatic

What a cold, nasty day outside! I had to go to the dentist this morning as my temporary crown fell off the other day and it turned out to be a blessing in disguise because my permanent crown had come in so they were able to put that one on and I don't have to go back in two weeks as originally planned. I was going to take Sammy for a bath today but it's so nasty out there I will wait until tomorrow when it's going to be sunny. Now I just have a couple of little chores to do and then I can stamp! Need to work on my Thanksgiving cards now.

Hope everyone is able to stay inside where it's warm and dry today!

Old 10-29-2011, 07:21 AM   #2970
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:

So sorry.
Old 10-29-2011, 07:22 AM   #2971
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theresa Romani View Post

What an adorable card - so cute!!
Old 10-29-2011, 07:25 AM   #2972
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Woke up to that horrible four letter word S-N-O-W... mixed with sleet etc. Where is global warming when I need it.

Am not a winter person and sure not ready this early for 32 degrees. Reynold said we could evict the renters in the house down in Florida... had to admit that is a tempting thought.
Old 10-29-2011, 07:25 AM   #2973
Stazon Splitcoast

It's cold, it's cold, it's cold....brrrrr! Did I mention it was cold?????? I am NOT liking this weather...I'm thinking now that I'd rather have snow that this cold rain!

Can't seem to get the gumption to do anything today...I need to get some stamping done...Bombshell Stamps is having a "party" on their forum to celebrate the re-launch of the "new and improved" forum from Oct. 31-Nov. 2. I'm running a challenge and I need to create a prize...guess I should get busy!! If you're not busy- hope you can check it out...

OK, I'm going to turn the heat up now...
Old 10-29-2011, 07:27 AM   #2974
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
What a cold, nasty day outside! I had to go to the dentist this morning as my temporary crown fell off the other day and it turned out to be a blessing in disguise because my permanent crown had come in so they were able to put that one on and I don't have to go back in two weeks as originally planned. I was going to take Sammy for a bath today but it's so nasty out there I will wait until tomorrow when it's going to be sunny. Now I just have a couple of little chores to do and then I can stamp! Need to work on my Thanksgiving cards now.

Hope everyone is able to stay inside where it's warm and dry today!

Kathi, sorry you had to go out in this mess but grateful that it turned out to be a blessing, getting the permanent crown.

Have fun stamping...
Old 10-29-2011, 07:29 AM   #2975
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmGee458 View Post
It's cold, it's cold, it's cold....brrrrr! Did I mention it was cold?????? I am NOT liking this weather...I'm thinking now that I'd rather have snow that this cold rain!

Can't seem to get the gumption to do anything today...I need to get some stamping done...Bombshell Stamps is having a "party" on their forum to celebrate the re-launch of the "new and improved" forum from Oct. 31-Nov. 2. I'm running a challenge and I need to create a prize...guess I should get busy!! If you're not busy- hope you can check it out...

OK, I'm going to turn the heat up now...

Triple dittos!
Old 10-29-2011, 07:30 AM   #2976
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperpaws View Post
I had a great time stamping with Jane and Jill yesterday! Today, I'm off to an all-day crop with my friend Denise. She'll work on her scrapbook stuff, and I'll work on my cards...and eat....and eat some more...

Sounds like fun! Enjoy some of it for me.
Old 10-29-2011, 07:38 AM   #2977
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Not sure if I mentioned this but went to the ortho doc yesterday to get additional cortisone shots in my shoulders but.... the doctor said he would strongly suggest surgery since this has been going for several years and the shots can cause other breakdowns within my shoulders. He said the bottom line is "it is a result of having so many birthdays". Cute way of saying I am old... am scheduled for some scans and a follow up with him next month.

These golden years sure do tarnish...
Old 10-29-2011, 07:39 AM   #2978
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Stay warm everyone and have a blessed day.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:05 AM   #2979
Pearl-ExPert

Caterina. sorry to hear about the shoulders. I agree about the tarnishing golden years.

Dang, what happend to fall.

Started out to deliver the Mono but I got to Kathi's and she wasn't home so I said the heck with this it is too nasty and went home. Of course I had to stop by Dunkin Donuts to get some Blueberry muffins (in memory of summer) and some hot chocolate (to celebrate winter) on the way back.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:07 AM   #2980
Pearl-ExPert

Heart

Good morning stampers......brrrr, damp cold and rainy all night long and now all day. Someone must have really upset mother nature this year because she sure is pms'ing! Amanda, you really need to look in Laurel....West Laurel has great schools and Hammond Mills (howard County side) does also. Kathi, glad the dentist is finished and Mary, good luck with your Bombshell fun. Angie, what a good time! It was fun to sit and stamp and chat. It is always fun to stamp with friends. Makes tiime fly! Hope you make an explosion card soon. So many things to learn.......and we haven't had the first class from Gloria and Mary yet! Tehy are going to teach us what they learned about the brayer and the coloring! Have a good day, stay warm and have a cup of hot chocolate.....think I will too! With some popcorn! Sounds good to me.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:07 AM   #2981
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ougot2 View Post
Caterina. sorry to hear about the shoulders. I agree about the tarnishing golden years.

Started out to deliver the Mono but I got to Kathi's and she wasn't home so I said the heck with this it is too nasty and went home. Of course I had to stop by Dunkin Donuts to get some Blueberry muffins (in memory of summer) and some hot chocolate (to celebrate winter) on the way back.
...and is your arm weighed down from your winnings from last night??????
Old 10-29-2011, 08:29 AM   #2982
Stazon Splitcoast

Got a FABULOUS card today from my secret sister! I LOVE it! Will post a picture in a little while...
Old 10-29-2011, 09:45 AM   #2983
Pearl-ExPert

I think someone is messing with us. lol I got a second SS card with no signiture today and I know my SS got a second card that I didn't send. Soooooo hmmmm who could it be????
Attached Thumbnails
secret-sister-card-ii-2011.jpg  
Old 10-29-2011, 09:48 AM   #2984
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
...and is your arm weighed down from your winnings from last night??????
You wouldn't believe how weighed down it is. lol
Old 10-29-2011, 09:57 AM   #2985
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via AIM to jtax

Quote:

Boo! So sorry!
Old 10-29-2011, 11:50 AM   #2986
Stazon Splitcoast

Here's the card that I got from my Secret Sister today....and it was signed by her...

It's a gate fold card- I think that's what it's called...and I love the diamond eye that she gave the raven!!!
Attached Thumbnails
100_1429.jpg  
Old 10-29-2011, 05:55 PM   #2987
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
Not sure if I mentioned this but went to the ortho doc yesterday to get additional cortisone shots in my shoulders but.... the doctor said he would strongly suggest surgery since this has been going for several years and the shots can cause other breakdowns within my shoulders. He said the bottom line is "it is a result of having so many birthdays". Cute way of saying I am old... am scheduled for some scans and a follow up with him next month.

These golden years sure do tarnish...
Sorry to hear you may have to have surgery Caterina. I know too well about having so many birthdays!

Old 10-29-2011, 06:00 PM   #2988
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ougot2 View Post

Gloria, I'm so sorry I wasn't home when you came by! You can just bring it to the SAS next Sunday and I'll get it from you then if you don't mind. I love having that Dunkin Donuts so close to my house, glad your trip out wasn't totally wasted!

Old 10-29-2011, 06:06 PM   #2989
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Here's the card that I got from my Secret Sister today....and it was signed by her...

It's a gate fold card- I think that's what it's called...and I love the diamond eye that she gave the raven!!!
That card is so cool Mary! And so appropriate for you as a Ravens fan!

Old 10-29-2011, 06:40 PM   #2990
Pearl-ExPert

hi all,
That raven card is wonderful Mary. I got my SS card today too and it is adorable. Will post tomorrow.
Michelle and Tracey just left a little while ago. We were working on cards since 12 and they left at 9;30. Of course we did have some pizza and talked, etc. But got some cards made anyhow. I love it when they come here! Especially tonight. Yes, I am selfish!
Caterina - so sorry you have to go through surgery. But hopefully the end result will be worth it.
Gloria, you must be special to be getting all these cards!
Talk to you tomorrow.
Old 10-29-2011, 07:23 PM   #2991
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Cute card! I never saw a Halloween bunny before!
And not just anybunny, LOL, a zombunny!

My Gallery
Old 10-30-2011, 05:29 AM   #2992
Stazon Splitcoast

Good sunny Sunday! What a difference a day makes! Yesterday was awful, but pretty up near Mom and Dad's. We went to a church breakfast with them early yesterday and everything was snow covered up there way. Trees were gorgeous. Then the rest of the day was lots of rain and ice pellets. Not a good day to get my hair cut, but I figured she wouldn't be busy. LOL

Hope everyone has a great day! Off to church and then to watch the Ravens at Mom and Dad's while me and Mom make Halloween cake pops for the guys at work. Yep Jane, I'm finally gonna break open the cake pop gizmo!! And thanks for the pretty card and sweet note.

Old 10-30-2011, 05:40 AM   #2993
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose0165 View Post
hi all,
That raven card is wonderful Mary. I got my SS card today too and it is adorable. Will post tomorrow.
Michelle and Tracey just left a little while ago. We were working on cards since 12 and they left at 9;30. Of course we did have some pizza and talked, etc. But got some cards made anyhow. I love it when they come here! Especially tonight. Yes, I am selfish!
Caterina - so sorry you have to go through surgery. But hopefully the end result will be worth it.
Gloria, you must be special to be getting all these cards!
Talk to you tomorrow.
Thanks sweetie!
Old 10-30-2011, 05:42 AM   #2994
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
Good sunny Sunday! What a difference a day makes! Yesterday was awful, but pretty up near Mom and Dad's. We went to a church breakfast with them early yesterday and everything was snow covered up there way. Trees were gorgeous. Then the rest of the day was lots of rain and ice pellets. Not a good day to get my hair cut, but I figured she wouldn't be busy. LOL

Hope everyone has a great day! Off to church and then to watch the Ravens at Mom and Dad's while me and Mom make Halloween cake pops for the guys at work. Yep Jane, I'm finally gonna break open the cake pop gizmo!! And thanks for the pretty card and sweet note.
Cindy, enjoy your day at your parent's home - sounds like a fun day.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:43 AM   #2995
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Still have some white stuff here in Reisterstown, fortunately, we did not get it as bad as some, especially the people who are without power.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:36 AM   #2996
Pearl-ExPert

Good morning,
No snow on the ground down here. It snowed most of yesterday but didnt stay on the ground. It was bad enough for some people to lose power???? Wow. I know in NY they did.
I finally turned the heat on, then took a hot shower and put on my new comfy fleece robe. I love it but will have to get dressed eventually I guess. Sigh, I have such a hard life. LOL.
Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 10-30-2011, 08:41 AM   #2997
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose0165 View Post
Good morning,
No snow on the ground down here. It snowed most of yesterday but didnt stay on the ground. It was bad enough for some people to lose power???? Wow. I know in NY they did.
I finally turned the heat on, then took a hot shower and put on my new comfy fleece robe. I love it but will have to get dressed eventually I guess. Sigh, I have such a hard life. LOL.
Hope everyone has a great day.
You're retired- you've EARNED that life!
Old 10-30-2011, 08:42 AM   #2998
Pearl-ExPert

Default cards

Hi all,
Here is the Halloween card from my SS. It is so cute. Love it.

Also, here is a lovely card I forgot to post from Gloria for breast cancer month.
Attached Thumbnails
card-halloween-ss-001.jpg   card-gloria-001.jpg  
Old 10-30-2011, 10:09 AM   #2999
Forum Fanatic

I forgot to mention that I got a really cute Halloween card from my SS! I will post as soon as dh gives me back my camera, he took it with him to a friend's house to take some pics of cars (what else?) LOL

Old 10-30-2011, 03:45 PM   #3000
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Gloria, I'm so sorry I wasn't home when you came by! You can just bring it to the SAS next Sunday and I'll get it from you then if you don't mind. I love having that Dunkin Donuts so close to my house, glad your trip out wasn't totally wasted!
Not a problem. I should have called. I will bring them with me at the SAS. I am going to need directions as to where we meet for the Amish trip.