Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-18-2011, 05:26 AM   #2081
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaW View Post
Ladies I'm soooo sorry I'm going to miss the dinner tonight. My little guy now has the stomach bug and it's not pretty. I love you all but not enough to share. I was really looking forward to girl time. We need to get together more, I miss you all. Counting down the days until football is over.

We got some not so great news this week. I'm going to be a single parent again....in a few months. I'm worried about this one...it's a scary location. So yeah I need girl time soon. Good news is DH gets his new rank next week. Think it was bumped because of previous bad news. Which totally taints the good news part. Ahhhh life isn't fun at the moment.
Awww, so sorry to hear that Nate is sick, I hope it's just a 24 hr. thing and he is feeling better soon!

We missed you at dinner! I know how much you were looking forward to some girl time and I'm sorry you had to miss it. We definitely need to get together more, I think that's why my stamping mojo has disappeared, it's more fun to stamp with friends!

Sorry about the not so good news but just remember we are here for you and if there's anything you need I'm just a phone call away. We will just have to do a lot of stamping at your house or mine is always available and you can bring the boys. There's certainly plenty of critters for them to play with!

My Blog:GoldenPaperDreams
My avatar is one of our rescued Goldens, Sabrae!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-18-2011, 05:28 AM   #2082
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetstudio29 View Post
War college is giving flu shots on Monday...so I am definately getting mine!!

Hope you guys enjoyed the dinner and girl time. I am anxious to find out who my sis was.

Well it was an eventful day I ended up going over with mom and dad to the new Hobby Lobby in Hanover it opened last week. It was pretty nice but the scrapbook section was pretty picked over...maybe stuff hasn't came in yet. I got some awesome ribbon at 50% off. I also got a pretty pack of MME christmas paper 1/2 off...now I should try it out and make some cards.

Then home to test drive a car a Dodge Caliber...I totally fell in love...now to see how the financing end works out and if we can get a payment in our price range. We only got $1000 trade for my ION...it was better then we thought we get. We should hear something Monday they think...so now we wait. It will be nice to drive something that I don't have to worry about plus the warranty is awesome on it for the amount of miles I drive each day.

We just finished the 2nd 1/2 bushel of apples we got and ended up with 6 quarts and an apple cake out of this batch.

Can't wait to hear how dinner went and see picks of the creative handmade gifts!!
We missed you at dinner last night! Good luck with the car shopping!

Old 09-18-2011, 05:31 AM   #2083
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ougot2 View Post
Dinner was great. The food was delicious and the company was even better. We are a talented group. Should have seen everything that everyone made!! Very Impressive
I'm going to have to agree with everything Gloria said! I had a great time and am in awe of everyone's gifts! What a talented bunch!

Old 09-18-2011, 05:34 AM   #2084
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtax View Post
Sorry I missed dinner! We came home from NC today - arrived just after 4. I tried to find a post or an email with dinner information and failed! So wishing I could have come and seen everyone and your projects! Hope to see at least some of you before we really leave...

Our NC house is great and suffered no damage from Irene! Wish we could have stayed... We had no phone or internet as technicians were too busy restoring service to existing customers to do new installations...can you say withdrawal???
We missed you at dinner! I would love to get together for lunch or dinner before you leave! When exactly do you plan to move to NC permanently?

I'm so glad your house is ok! I can only imagine the stress of wondering if there was any damage.

Old 09-18-2011, 05:35 AM   #2085
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
DH just turned on the heat! I can hardly believe it...
It was definitely quite chilly last night! We didn't turn on the heat but I went around and closed a bunch of windows before I went to bed!

Old 09-18-2011, 05:37 AM   #2086
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
I'll just second what Gloria said!! Awesome evening with a great group of ladies. And Jane, you sure got me!! I absolutely love my gift. And you keep telling us you aren't talented - I have the proof now, so I don't wanna ever hear that again. LOL
You can say that again! She did an awesome job on your gift!

Old 09-18-2011, 05:42 AM   #2087
Forum Fanatic

Good Morning Ladies! A little chilly for sure this morning! But I love the crispness in the air, so looking forward to fall!

I need to get some stuff done around here today and then hope to stamp this afternoon, I have several cards I need to send.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

Old 09-18-2011, 06:08 AM   #2088
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via AIM to jtax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ougot2 View Post
Thanks for the tip. I am off the roads. lol I was wondering where Cindy was too but I remembered she is at the ocean for a much needed vacation. Hope she is having a great time.

Well, next month I will be having another operation. They might be taking part of my bladder. Lets hope not. I will be having it done somewhere in the middle of the month. Yes, that TVT sling has worked its way back into my bladder. I am so depressed.
Oh, no! So sorry!
Old 09-18-2011, 06:09 AM   #2089
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrahx2 View Post
Man Gloria, if it isn't one thing it's a sling thing...........Gollllllly!
Attachment 229063 Attachment 229064

Now, I have to tell you.....this is a Gloria Card. This is a GEN YOU WINE Gloria card and it is amazing. I have not stopped staring at it. I absolutely love it. It's one of those inside/outside thingys that she does so well. The lady got some talent! I really really really want a class! Funniest card ever and almost made me pee when I laughed! Can't wait to show my husband...he will think it quite fitting for me!!!!! The cat looks like he could walk off the page, the fence lines up perfect and her outfit? To die for! I totally want those pants.
Great card!!!
Old 09-18-2011, 06:11 AM   #2090
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose0165 View Post
Here are the 2 different pocket cards I made. After I scanned I decided to ticket punch the corners of the 2nd one. Sorry the pic is sideways. Inside is a poem called "Cancer Cant..."
great job, Rose!
Old 09-18-2011, 06:13 AM   #2091
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
I figured I'd better post before Jane sends the Marines out looking for me. Jane again, thanks for the phone call.

We had a great time camping Labor Day weekend, and DH rocked his "sermon" at our church. You couldn't tell one bit that he was nervous at all. He impressed me with his speaking. Then home long enough to pack up for the beach. We stayed at a tennis resort and played at least once a day. Had great weather. We crossed the Bay Bridge last Wednesday and saw blue skies/sun pretty much the entire time we were there. Got home Monday night and then back to work which has been extremely busy.

SS gift is done for tomorrow night and I'm so looking forward to hanging out with my peeps. I so need it!!
I knew he would!

Glad you had a good time away!
Old 09-18-2011, 06:15 AM   #2092
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
We are in VA beach with our two youngest grandsons. Yesterday was Camron's 6th birthday and Conrad's is in a couple of weeks, so we thought to have them here for the weekend. However, the weather is here is cold, windy and rainy. We are watching the DVDs of Bibleman that we gave to them for birthday along with their Bibleman costumes and laser swords so that is keeping them busy.
Sounds like fun! Enjoy!!!
Old 09-18-2011, 06:17 AM   #2093
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Ladies I'm soooo sorry I'm going to miss the dinner tonight. My little guy now has the stomach bug and it's not pretty. I love you all but not enough to share. I was really looking forward to girl time. We need to get together more, I miss you all. Counting down the days until football is over.

We got some not so great news this week. I'm going to be a single parent again....in a few months. I'm worried about this one...it's a scary location. So yeah I need girl time soon. Good news is DH gets his new rank next week. Think it was bumped because of previous bad news. Which totally taints the good news part. Ahhhh life isn't fun at the moment.
Amanda, sorry you missed the dinner. Sure hope the little guy is feeling better and doesn't share!!!

Sorry too about DH's news, but it is awesome that he gets his new rank!
Old 09-18-2011, 06:20 AM   #2094
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetstudio29 View Post
War college is giving flu shots on Monday...so I am definately getting mine!!

Hope you guys enjoyed the dinner and girl time. I am anxious to find out who my sis was.

Well it was an eventful day I ended up going over with mom and dad to the new Hobby Lobby in Hanover it opened last week. It was pretty nice but the scrapbook section was pretty picked over...maybe stuff hasn't came in yet. I got some awesome ribbon at 50% off. I also got a pretty pack of MME christmas paper 1/2 off...now I should try it out and make some cards.

Then home to test drive a car a Dodge Caliber...I totally fell in love...now to see how the financing end works out and if we can get a payment in our price range. We only got $1000 trade for my ION...it was better then we thought we get. We should hear something Monday they think...so now we wait. It will be nice to drive something that I don't have to worry about plus the warranty is awesome on it for the amount of miles I drive each day.

We just finished the 2nd 1/2 bushel of apples we got and ended up with 6 quarts and an apple cake out of this batch.

Can't wait to hear how dinner went and see picks of the creative handmade gifts!!
Jen good luck with the car.

You sure have been busy with the fresh produce tehse last few weeks... Apple cake sounds yummy!
Old 09-18-2011, 06:26 AM   #2095
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathi127 View Post
We missed you at dinner! I would love to get together for lunch or dinner before you leave! When exactly do you plan to move to NC permanently?

I'm so glad your house is ok! I can only imagine the stress of wondering if there was any damage.
Thanks! I'd love to get together with everyone again! Our goal is Oct 1, but not sure as we still have a bunch of stuff to do here (Irene really set us back!) I do have to be down there for classes for two weeks and they begin Oct 4...
Old 09-18-2011, 07:55 AM   #2096
Matboard Maniac

I second, third and fourth everyone's comments about the dinner and SS gifts last night. And, of course, we learned that Jane is a big liar when she says she's not creative! She's the one who is now going to teach us a class, right Jane? Amanda, we certainly did miss you.

Amanda, I hope that Nate is feeling better. I was sorry to hear about your DH's new assignment. I'm also not that far away so if you need me, just let me know.

Pete
Old 09-18-2011, 08:24 AM   #2097
Mad Swapper

Great dinner with wonderful talented friends. We missed you Jen & Amanda.

The best things in life are the people we love, the places we've been and the memories we've made along the way - unknown

SCS Gallery

Check out my blog!!
Old 09-18-2011, 08:57 AM   #2098
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Thanks! I'd love to get together with everyone again! Our goal is Oct 1, but not sure as we still have a bunch of stuff to do here (Irene really set us back!) I do have to be down there for classes for two weeks and they begin Oct 4...
Hmmm...that doesn't give us much time but let's try to work something out!

Old 09-18-2011, 09:04 AM   #2099
Pearl-ExPert

Heart

A quick goodafternoon. I am making THE GRAND ANNOUNCEMENT for the Holiday/birthday party. It will be held on 12/3.....don't know the time yet.

Here are the rules: You must attend the party! (even if you have to come late)
You must send your name and three suggestions of things / shops you enjoy and would like to have a gift or gift card from.

You must send the person who's name you get a Halloween Card!

You must plan to hae fun. This is our twice annual gift swap. We will plan on bring a dish, eat and chat. Games and laughter will be had by all! Send your name in 9/23 as I leave for va ca shon on 24th. Gonna have some fun! Details will work out as we go along. If I forgot anything, let me know!
Old 09-18-2011, 09:07 AM   #2100
Pearl-ExPert

Here are the threads we talked about:

Lauren Meader - My Time Made Easy
TheNorsugirl - Cindy's book
Old 09-18-2011, 10:19 AM   #2101
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamperpete View Post
I second, third and fourth everyone's comments about the dinner and SS gifts last night. And, of course, we learned that Jane is a big liar when she says she's not creative! She's the one who is now going to teach us a class, right Jane? Amanda, we certainly did miss you.

Amanda, I hope that Nate is feeling better. I was sorry to hear about your DH's new assignment. I'm also not that far away so if you need me, just let me know.

Pete
I second that. CLASS CLASS CLASS
Old 09-18-2011, 11:17 AM   #2102
Pearl-ExPert

Heart

You all are too kind. Trust me when I say, I didn't think I could pull it out but did manage. I raped and pillaged everything but it was fun and a real stretch. Be glad to try to show you all how.....just not sure I can do it again!

I sure had a great time last night and I want classes too. Mary needs to teach me how to use modgepodge better. That was my first defeat on my project! There were so many great gifts and the talent is beyond my imagination! I loved everyone's gifts and try as I might.....couldn't manage to steal any of them! Believe me, I tried. Kathi and Gloria will be doing classes also. Lots to learn around here.

I look forward to drawing names and meeting for chatter in December. Last night made me realize how much I miss when I miss swaps etc. If it were not for the beach...I would be at Kathy's swap. Always such fun.

Rose, nice cards. Love them and I know that anyone that receives them will appreciate them. Jeaneen, you were missed last night. I hope you didn't have too much trouble from Irene and Lee. Jen, glad you are getting a new car and I would love some apple sauce LOL!

Amanda, hope Nate is doing better. We are here for you. DH is painting and I am ironing. Let me get back to it.
Old 09-18-2011, 12:50 PM   #2103
Pearl-ExPert

Hi all.
Hope everyone is feeling better today. Really enjoyed the pics on FB. Such lovely gifts. Need a list of sisters tho.
Jeaneen, so glad your NC house is ok. I guess you really are going to move huh? Count me in if there is a get-together.
Everyone have a good evening.
Old 09-18-2011, 02:21 PM   #2104
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Hi all.
Hope everyone is feeling better today. Really enjoyed the pics on FB. Such lovely gifts. Need a list of sisters tho.
Jeaneen, so glad your NC house is ok. I guess you really are going to move huh? Count me in if there is a get-together.

:`(
Old 09-18-2011, 02:42 PM   #2105
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Hi all.
Yes, I do think we will really move..
Old 09-18-2011, 02:43 PM   #2106
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmGee458 View Post
:`(
Don't be sad! Come and visit!
Old 09-19-2011, 03:52 AM   #2107
Pearl-ExPert

Heart

Good Morning Stampers. What a fun time we had on Saturday. Don't forget to let me know if you want in on the B'day/Holiday celebration. I have only heard from one person so far! I leave town on Saturday....I know you're gonna miss me right?? It is Monday and it is chilly and I did not want to get out of my bed. I did, but boy, it was tough! Hope you all had a good week-end. Have a good day.
Old 09-19-2011, 03:53 AM   #2108
Gabfest Goddess

Send a message via Yahoo to AmandaW

Thanks everyone for the love!

Nate is feeling better. He kept food down yesterday and is back to being Nate today. Kids are amazing creatures. Wow's me what those little bodies can endure and bounce back from. I seen a kid fall down three flights of stairs on Saturday...and hit the last step and bounced back up to his feet. If that was an adult it would have been a 911 situation.

I'm off to the doc as soon as I drop Nate off at the bus. Chat more later! Hugs and love to all!
Old 09-19-2011, 03:54 AM   #2109
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Good Morning Stampers. What a fun time we had on Saturday. Don't forget to let me know if you want in on the B'day/Holiday celebration. I have only heard from one person so far! I leave town on Saturday....I know you're gonna miss me right?? It is Monday and it is chilly and I did not want to get out of my bed. I did, but boy, it was tough! Hope you all had a good week-end. Have a good day.
Me me me! I want in, I'll email you today. HUGS and I will miss you every min your gone.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:30 AM   #2110
Pearl-ExPert

Good morning.
Amanda, Im glad nate is recovering. How about you?
Jane, I will be glad to help you with the gathering of names or whatever else you need help with (except laundry and cleaning). i have to think about what I want tho. Where are you going on vacation?
Old 09-19-2011, 07:07 AM   #2111
Matboard Maniac

Jane, count me in too for the December 3 celebration. Just remember that I won't be there until after my craft fair is over (3 pm) so, hopefully, you will still be celebrating then. I'll email you my list soon.

Pete
Old 09-19-2011, 07:11 AM   #2112
Matboard Maniac

Amanda, I can't believe the extreme couponing that you did. That was totally awesome savings. I think Evan will have to give all of us a class on how he did it!

Pete
Old 09-19-2011, 07:58 AM   #2113
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
A quick goodafternoon. I am making THE GRAND ANNOUNCEMENT for the Holiday/birthday party. It will be held on 12/3.....don't know the time yet.

Here are the rules: You must attend the party! (even if you have to come late)
You must send your name and three suggestions of things / shops you enjoy and would like to have a gift or gift card from.

You must send the person who's name you get a Halloween Card!

You must plan to hae fun. This is our twice annual gift swap. We will plan on bring a dish, eat and chat. Games and laughter will be had by all! Send your name in 9/23 as I leave for va ca shon on 24th. Gonna have some fun! Details will work out as we go along. If I forgot anything, let me know!
I'm in!
Old 09-19-2011, 08:47 AM   #2114
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamperpete View Post
Amanda, I can't believe the extreme couponing that you did. That was totally awesome savings. I think Evan will have to give all of us a class on how he did it!

Pete
Nope not me! That was all Evan and Keith. I went along but just to look for a the neti spray. Should have seen them in the makeup dept! That was priceless! I now have lots of lipstick that I hardly ever wear.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:16 AM   #2115
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
I'm in too! I will email you tonight!

Old 09-19-2011, 10:18 AM   #2116
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Thanks everyone for the love!

Nate is feeling better. He kept food down yesterday and is back to being Nate today. Kids are amazing creatures. Wow's me what those little bodies can endure and bounce back from. I seen a kid fall down three flights of stairs on Saturday...and hit the last step and bounced back up to his feet. If that was an adult it would have been a 911 situation.

I'm off to the doc as soon as I drop Nate off at the bus. Chat more later! Hugs and love to all!
Glad Nate is feeling better and able to go back to school today! Hope you are feeling better too!

Old 09-19-2011, 10:22 AM   #2117
Mad Swapper

Count me in. I'll think about what I want & email you later!

The best things in life are the people we love, the places we've been and the memories we've made along the way - unknown

SCS Gallery

Check out my blog!!
Old 09-19-2011, 11:48 AM   #2118
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

A quick hello - the sun has finally come out in VA beach!!

Thought to share these pictures of our grandsons Camron & Conrad taken this weekend. They loved the pool (good thing it was indoors) and their Bibleman costume with the laser swords... they greeted us very early in the morning flashing the swords in our faces.... so cute.

click below to see pics
KODAK Gallery | Photo Merchandise
Old 09-19-2011, 12:49 PM   #2119
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
A quick hello - the sun has finally come out in VA beach!!

Thought to share these pictures of our grandsons Camron & Conrad taken this weekend. They loved the pool (good thing it was indoors) and their Bibleman costume with the laser swords... they greeted us very early in the morning flashing the swords in our faces.... so cute.

click below to see pics
KODAK Gallery | Photo Merchandise
Looks like they had a great time.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:00 AM   #2120
Pearl-ExPert

Heart

Good morning my Stamping Friends. It is Two-Down Tuesday....make this and I am three days from vacation! It is rainy out there, so I guess that is the norm lately, right? Well, whatever else is going on, I hope you find some sunshine around you somewhere! I got lots of stuff done yesterday afternoon and actually managed to visit with a friend! Nice way to find sunshine in a dreary day. Hope you are all doing the same. Smiles.