Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-12-2011, 03:01 AM   #121
Stazon Splitcoast

It's gonna be a hot one again today...I'll be stuck at Severna Park Middle School all day today and tomorrow morning for training...oh, joy. I sure hope their AC is working!

Ya'll stay cool!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-12-2011, 03:07 AM   #122
Stazon Splitcoast

So far, for lunch on Friday, we have Amanda, Gloria, Rose (I think), me and possibly Theresa S. Anyone else?? Paula? DM? I'm thinking maybe we can just meet at Pappas right out front of Glen Burnie Mall (next to Chick Fil A and near where Create IT Crafts used to be) at 11:30. Pappas has pretty much something for everyone and they have excellent cheesecake! Is that okay with everyone? If not, make a suggestion...
Old 07-12-2011, 04:00 AM   #123
Pearl-ExPert

Good morning.
Thanks Kathi. That's sweet of you. I think I just need to push myself. Its not like I cant walk him at all. The distance is just so short I feel bad for him. It is expensive tho. But he comes back usually all energized except when its really hot. Luckily there is a path thru the woods they can use on those days.
It looks hot out there. Window fogged up a little. Not a good sign. Need to go to the groomer myself at 1:30. By the time I get home, Im sure my hair will look like it did before I went. Blech!
Cindy - have you gotten the dr appt yet?
Have a great day everyone.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:27 AM   #124
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ougot2 View Post
Cindy, we signed up with Esther King but we haven't heard anything from her wether or not she got our check and we haven't recieved our passports. Sure hope so, we are planning on a good time this year again. She is probably waiting for us to show at her shop to give them to us like she did last year.

If you want me to grab them from Esther, I can. Saves you a trip unless you are just grabbing them when you begin the shop hop. The passports are at her store. DH dropped them off last week for me. The albums won't be in until September. But if you want your passport now, I can pick them up for you and Theresa. Just let me know.

Old 07-12-2011, 05:28 AM   #125
Gabfest Goddess

Send a message via Yahoo to AmandaW

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmGee458 View Post
So far, for lunch on Friday, we have Amanda, Gloria, Rose (I think), me and possibly Theresa S. Anyone else?? Paula? DM? I'm thinking maybe we can just meet at Pappas right out front of Glen Burnie Mall (next to Chick Fil A and near where Create IT Crafts used to be) at 11:30. Pappas has pretty much something for everyone and they have excellent cheesecake! Is that okay with everyone? If not, make a suggestion...
DH is in school for the next two weeks... So I'll have the boys. Going to apologize for any bad manners or rotten behavior now. lol
Old 07-12-2011, 05:29 AM   #126
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose0165 View Post
Good morning.
Thanks Kathi. That's sweet of you. I think I just need to push myself. Its not like I cant walk him at all. The distance is just so short I feel bad for him. It is expensive tho. But he comes back usually all energized except when its really hot. Luckily there is a path thru the woods they can use on those days.
It looks hot out there. Window fogged up a little. Not a good sign. Need to go to the groomer myself at 1:30. By the time I get home, Im sure my hair will look like it did before I went. Blech!
Cindy - have you gotten the dr appt yet?
Have a great day everyone.
I'm calling again today to see if my test results have been sent over.

Old 07-12-2011, 05:31 AM   #127
Stazon Splitcoast

Thankfully it finally cooled down in here overnight. When I left work yesterday, it still hadn't gotten out of the low 80's in here. I was sweating all day long due to the heat in here and the drugs. Feels good in here this morning. I even brought in a fan just in case my internal temp heats up again. LOL

Old 07-12-2011, 05:37 AM   #128
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post

Cindy, hope they will give you good news.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:38 AM   #129
Stazon Splitcoast

Cars 2 was a waste of money last night especially the price of a 3D movie. It was way too long and just not as good as the first one. We were disappointed. It was nice to see that it had rained while we were in there though. The lawn and gardens definitely needed it, and the lightning show driving home was cool too.

Old 07-12-2011, 05:40 AM   #130
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
It's gonna be a hot one again today...I'll be stuck at Severna Park Middle School all day today and tomorrow morning for training...oh, joy. I sure hope their AC is working!

Ya'll stay cool!!!

Hope the AC will be working and the day will go quickly for you.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:42 AM   #131
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Cars 2 was a waste of money last night especially the price of a 3D movie. It was way too long and just not as good as the first one. We were disappointed. It was nice to see that it had rained while we were in there though. The lawn and gardens definitely needed it, and the lightning show driving home was cool too.

Soooo grateful for the rain,too, most definitely needed!
Old 07-12-2011, 05:42 AM   #132
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Worst pixar film ever! I totally agree. I was going to tell you...but....some people enjoyed it, not us but some.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:43 AM   #133
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Fingers and toes crossed they have the paperwork! Praying for good news!
Old 07-12-2011, 05:48 AM   #134
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Been having difficulty with this ol' body of mine...as my sister & I always say, getting old is not for sissies. Have a couple of doctor's appointments this week and another one scheduled for next week. Grateful my husband is healthy and my sweet wonderful chauffeur.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:00 AM   #135
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
Been having difficulty with this ol' body of mine...as my sister & I always say, getting old is not for sissies. Have a couple of doctor's appointments this week and another one scheduled for next week. Grateful my husband is healthy and my sweet wonderful chauffeur.
Hoping all goes well! Thank goodness for all the great hubbies! Let us know how your appts go.

How did you get involved with the kids unite to fight and Coles foundation? Their stories are heartbreaking. I've said many prayers for them all.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:06 AM   #136
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via AIM to jtax

Good morning! DH and I returned from NC last night. Finally, things 'worked' and we went to settlement on our new (to us) house yesterday. It has been a very stressful couple of months ironing out the kinks and trying to satisfy all the requirements for the short sale. We are shooting for an early October move. I went to an HRBlock office there yesterday and looks like I just may have a new office to work in! I am excited about the move, but it will sure be hard to leave behind my stamping friends here - you MUST come and visit. I will have the FROG (Finished Room Over the Garage) for my stamping space. It has a full bathroom and is over a three car garage, so I will have plenty of room to share!
Old 07-12-2011, 06:22 AM   #137
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaW View Post
Hoping all goes well! Thank goodness for all the great hubbies! Let us know how your appts go.

How did you get involved with the kids unite to fight and Coles foundation? Their stories are heartbreaking. I've said many prayers for them all.

Met a chemo angel on SCS who gave me the caringbridge for her child. One caringbridge site led to another, etc, so I came across sweet precious Cole Ruotsala. Cole had a very aggressive cancer and died within eight weeks of diagnosis. His dad, Aaron, started a foundation in his son's name and asked if anyone wanted to come on board -- immediately said yes, even though I had no idea what I could do. Have learned more about childhood cancer than I ever wanted to know but am grateful to do what I can. It is very heartbreaking - 46 children are diagnosed every day in this country and 7 lose their battle each day. Just lost several precious kids over the last few days and one in particular, Lieym, I have followed since 2008, so thought he was going to make it.

Thanks so much for asking and extra special thanks for your prayers for these awesome little heroes and their families. They truly need all the prayers and support possible. We are always looking for more prayer team members - have met many team members who have become great friends.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:24 AM   #138
Gabfest Goddess

WOW! Congrats! You should make your new stamping room FROG themed! Sounds wonderful! I can't imagine that much stamping space. Sounds like paradise! Now the real fun....packing...not fun! Are you hiring a company?
Old 07-12-2011, 07:05 AM   #139
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
I would love to come! Amanda, can I meet up with you for a ride (maybe at Hardees?)
Old 07-12-2011, 07:14 AM   #140
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Praying for good news!!

My Blog:GoldenPaperDreams
My avatar is one of our rescued Goldens, Sabrae!
Old 07-12-2011, 07:16 AM   #141
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Thankfully it finally cooled down in here overnight. When I left work yesterday, it still hadn't gotten out of the low 80's in here. I was sweating all day long due to the heat in here and the drugs. Feels good in here this morning. I even brought in a fan just in case my internal temp heats up again. LOL
So glad you have a cool office to work in today! It is definitely the pits when trying to work in the heat, I know for me it's hard to concentrate, all I can think about is how hot I am!

Old 07-12-2011, 07:20 AM   #142
Pearl-ExPert

Congratulations Jeaneen. I know you will be very happy to be closer to your daughters. It is nice to be able to take care of them. I will be sad to see you go though. Hope you make it to the birthday Bash in August.

Cindy, you need to push for results. Don't wait.
Caterina, great work and very exhausting and depressing, I am sure as well as uplifting. I have my hands full with just my family issues and I do know what you mean about growing old. My book is full of Dr. numbers instead of friends!
Old 07-12-2011, 07:23 AM   #143
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Caterina, I'm sorry you are having some problems and hope the dr. visits will help. My 83 yr. old mother has the same saying about getting old! Sounds like you have a great hubby there to be there for you.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:31 AM   #144
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathi127 View Post
Caterina, I'm sorry you are having some problems and hope the dr. visits will help. My 83 yr. old mother has the same saying about getting old! Sounds like you have a great hubby there to be there for you.

Kathi, am truly blessed with Reynold. We have been married for over 22 years and became ill within the first year. He is compassionate, caring and does so much for me. Would not be able to live in our home without him. I tell him 'yawag' which means You Are Wonderful And Great" - it is a term that started many years ago.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:31 AM   #145
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Can't make this one I'm going to Ocean City for a couple of days
Old 07-12-2011, 07:32 AM   #146
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperpaws View Post
Can't make this one I'm going to Ocean City for a couple of days
have fun Angie!
Old 07-12-2011, 07:34 AM   #147
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtax View Post
Good morning! DH and I returned from NC last night. Finally, things 'worked' and we went to settlement on our new (to us) house yesterday. It has been a very stressful couple of months ironing out the kinks and trying to satisfy all the requirements for the short sale. We are shooting for an early October move. I went to an HRBlock office there yesterday and looks like I just may have a new office to work in! I am excited about the move, but it will sure be hard to leave behind my stamping friends here - you MUST come and visit. I will have the FROG (Finished Room Over the Garage) for my stamping space. It has a full bathroom and is over a three car garage, so I will have plenty of room to share!
That is wonderful news Jeaneen! I'm so happy for you, I know you and DH have being wanting to get closer to your girls! And great news about having a job all ready to go to once you get there! You will surely be missed, I have enjoyed stamping with you and getting to know you and you don't have to tell me twice to come visit! DH and I have been wanting to get down to NC to visit his aunt and uncle so maybe we can make it a point to stop and visit you as well. We can stamp while the DH's can chat about the pleasures of living in NC! Whereabouts in NC will you be living?

Old 07-12-2011, 07:35 AM   #148
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrahx2 View Post
Caterina, great work and very exhausting and depressing, I am sure as well as uplifting. I have my hands full with just my family issues and I do know what you mean about growing old. My book is full of Dr. numbers instead of friends!

The work can be exhausting, sad but so rewarding because these kids are awesome and such an inspiration.

Yes, it gets like that - remembered looking at my parents calendar which was filled with doctor's appointments.... now, I understand. Oh well, things could always be worse so still feel grateful and blessed.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:40 AM   #149
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Met a chemo angel on SCS who gave me the caringbridge for her child. One caringbridge site led to another, etc, so I came across sweet precious Cole Ruotsala. Cole had a very aggressive cancer and died within eight weeks of diagnosis. His dad, Aaron, started a foundation in his son's name and asked if anyone wanted to come on board -- immediately said yes, even though I had no idea what I could do. Have learned more about childhood cancer than I ever wanted to know but am grateful to do what I can. It is very heartbreaking - 46 children are diagnosed every day in this country and 7 lose their battle each day. Just lost several precious kids over the last few days and one in particular, Lieym, I have followed since 2008, so thought he was going to make it.

Thanks so much for asking and extra special thanks for your prayers for these awesome little heroes and their families. They truly need all the prayers and support possible. We are always looking for more prayer team members - have met many team members who have become great friends.
What a wonderful thing you are doing for these precious little ones, it would be breaking my heart to know what they are going through and their families as well. Thank goodness there are people like you in the world to give so much of yourself to such a worthy cause.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:42 AM   #150
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Kathi, am truly blessed with Reynold. We have been married for over 22 years and became ill within the first year. He is compassionate, caring and does so much for me. Would not be able to live in our home without him. I tell him 'yawag' which means You Are Wonderful And Great" - it is a term that started many years ago.
Awww, he sure sounds like a wonderful guy! I'm sure you are a blessing to each other!

Old 07-12-2011, 07:45 AM   #151
Forum Fanatic

Jeaneen, are you going to be able to come to the birthday cookout at my house on July 23rd? I hope so, we would all love to see you before you go! Not that we won't see you again I'm sure before you move but most everyone will be there and it would be so nice to have you with us!

Old 07-12-2011, 07:48 AM   #152
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
That is wonderful news Jeaneen! I'm so happy for you, I know you and DH have being wanting to get closer to your girls! And great news about having a job all ready to go to once you get there! You will surely be missed, I have enjoyed stamping with you and getting to know you and you don't have to tell me twice to come visit! DH and I have been wanting to get down to NC to visit his aunt and uncle so maybe we can make it a point to stop and visit you as well. We can stamp while the DH's can chat about the pleasures of living in NC! Whereabouts in NC will you be living?
NC is a mighty big state, so I sure hope DH's aunt and uncle are nearby! Our new home is in New Bern - not far from Cherry Point. It would be wonderful to have you visit and I am sure the DHs would enjoy being together again - we won't put your DH to work on this visit though!
Old 07-12-2011, 07:50 AM   #153
Forum Fanatic

Caterina, you are more than welcome to come to the birthday cookout at my house as well, you don't have to participate in the gift exchange but if you wanted to that would be ok too! I live in a rancher so it's all one floor and we even have a ramp in front of the doors to our family/computer room so you wouldn't have to navigate any stairs and could bring your wheelchair. I do have one step up into the kitchen but I'm sure we can manage that with no problem. Please think about it if you are free that day, we would love to meet you!

Old 07-12-2011, 07:56 AM   #154
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Jeaneen, are you going to be able to come to the birthday cookout at my house on July 23rd? I hope so, we would all love to see you before you go! Not that we won't see you again I'm sure before you move but most everyone will be there and it would be so nice to have you with us!
I was hoping to come, but DS may be visiting from WV for his 21st birthday, so I can't commit until I know of his plans as I am not sure how long he will be here...
Old 07-12-2011, 07:57 AM   #155
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
NC is a mighty big state, so I sure hope DH's aunt and uncle are nearby! Our new home is in New Bern - not far from Cherry Point. It would be wonderful to have you visit and I am sure the DHs would enjoy being together again - we won't put your DH to work on this visit though!
They are in Frisco in the Outer Banks but hey, have RV will travel!!!

Old 07-12-2011, 07:58 AM   #156
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
I was hoping to come, but DS may be visiting from WV for his 21st birthday, so I can't commit until I know of his plans as I am not sure how long he will be here...
Well, you are more than welcome so I hope maybe you can work it in!

Old 07-12-2011, 08:23 AM   #157
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Caterina, saying prayers that all goes well at your appts this week and you feel better. What a great hubby! God sure has blessed us on this group with great men.

Old 07-12-2011, 08:25 AM   #158
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Jeaneen, I'm excited for you and sad for us. I will be sorry to see you go, but you won't be that far away that we couldn't all plan a get away to come visit and stamp. Your new stamping space sounds like a dream. I know you will enjoy being closer to your kiddos.

Old 07-12-2011, 08:27 AM   #159
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

It's so bittersweet when children have to battle cancer. We had a 6 year old little girl at church several years ago that had terminal brain cancer. She sure was a trooper, and she was so ready to meet Jesus. She shared her faith with everyone and anyone, and we all knew God had a special place in heaven for her. Praying for all the families involved and you too for being such a special caring person to them.

Old 07-12-2011, 08:30 AM   #160
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrahx2 View Post
Congratulations Jeaneen. I know you will be very happy to be closer to your daughters. It is nice to be able to take care of them. I will be sad to see you go though. Hope you make it to the birthday Bash in August.

Cindy, you need to push for results. Don't wait.

I left a voice mail for his secretary to call me. If she doesn't have the results, I'm going to call the hospital. It's been a week now that I've been out - they've had long enough to forward stuff especially with the use of computers.