Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-11-2011, 06:44 AM   #81
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning girls!! I've missed you!

Had a nice relaxing weekend away camping and I behaved myself and took it easy. Barbara's store was slow on Friday, so I hung out there with the older Amish widows and a few others visiting while waiting on a few customers here and there. Nothing like it has been in the past with business for some reason. But that's okay - God knew I needed to take it easy and he also knew Jane was gonna tape me to a chair if I misbehaved. LOL

Finally got some much needed sleep Friday night too, so it felt good getting up on Saturday refreshed. Took my last steroid pill this morning. Now just waiting to hear from the dr's office about my appointment.

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-11-2011, 06:49 AM   #82
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathi127 View Post
Thanks Amanda and Jane for a fun afternoon! I loved all the projects Amanda and a big thank you for the adorable flower with the beads and butterflies! Jane you are a wonderful hostess, it's always fun stamping at your house! It was so nice seeing everyone again, I can't wait for our birthday get-together at my house in 2 weeks! Those of you who weren't able to make it, you were missed!

So glad you all had a great time on Saturday. But then again, I knew you would. Mom and I are looking forward to the cookout in a couple weeks too.

Old 07-11-2011, 06:52 AM   #83
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyheypaula View Post
Pictures of our cards/projects are posted on my blog if anyone wants to look. Thanks again Amanda and Jane for a fun day. It was just what I needed!

New Catty Party

What great projects you guys made!!!

Old 07-11-2011, 06:56 AM   #84
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmGee458 View Post
Jane, thanks for the clarification!

OK, so are you ready for my news??

I've been selected to be on the Digiital Delights design team!! My term starts on the
14th.

Way to go Mary! That's awesome!!

Old 07-11-2011, 06:57 AM   #85
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaW View Post
Headed out to the clinic...wish us luck! I think it's nothing, DH had a freakout and is still freaked out.

CONGRATS MARY!

Gloria sign me up for your class. Can't wait.

Uh oh! Hope everything is okay!!!

Old 07-11-2011, 06:58 AM   #86
Pearl-ExPert

Cindy, how is the eye? We are truly surrounded by talented women, huh? Glad you had a restful week-end.

Amanda, report in. Now.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:58 AM   #87
Gallery Gazer

Location: On my sunporch- stamping and creating. Enjoying the view :)

Hello---

I wanted to say thank you to my sis for the very pretty card she sent

Amanda- Sorry to hear about Evan, praying everything is ok with him.

Cindy- glad you had a great time away and got some needed rest. I had wanted to go to Barbara's Saturday morning, but time just got away from me.

Mary- Congrats on the design team, thats super exciting!!

We had a great weekend, spent it with my nephews. Toby was super excited about the baseball game on Saturday, we had a fun time with him and his team. I am proud of him for getting the Mr. Hustle award for catching. He was beaming as he got to stand with the Rev's catcher during the National Anthem.

We have a slower week this week, so I am very excited about that...I need some rest!! Wednesday Brad is taking Toby to the All-Star game so that will be lots of fun for them. Then this weekend we are totally free...maybe I'll finally get to sit down and stamp

Have a great Monday!

Check out my stamping blog.

Design team member for qkrstampede and eurekastamps
Old 07-11-2011, 06:58 AM   #88
Gabfest Goddess

Send a message via Yahoo to AmandaW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose0165 View Post
Good morning.
Yeah, Amanda, why is DH freaked? Are we talking about Evan's head injury? Is he having problems? Keep us posted.
Mary, congratulations. Cant wait to see the cards.
Cant wait to see everyone on the 23rd.
Oh, lunch on the 15th, I think I can make it. Where is it?
Yeah he's having a "mom" moment over Evan. All checked out well today at the clinic. They said no repeat CT so we are happy! Just have to watch him close. I'm still considering the bubble wrap and helmet for any outdoor play. lol
Old 07-11-2011, 07:00 AM   #89
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetstudio29 View Post
Hello---

I wanted to say thank you to my sis for the very pretty card she sent

Amanda- Sorry to hear about Evan, praying everything is ok with him.

Cindy- glad you had a great time away and got some needed rest. I had wanted to go to Barbara's Saturday morning, but time just got away from me.

Mary- Congrats on the design team, thats super exciting!!

We had a great weekend, spent it with my nephews. Toby was super excited about the baseball game on Saturday, we had a fun time with him and his team. I am proud of him for getting the Mr. Hustle award for catching. He was beaming as he got to stand with the Rev's catcher during the National Anthem.

We have a slower week this week, so I am very excited about that...I need some rest!! Wednesday Brad is taking Toby to the All-Star game so that will be lots of fun for them. Then this weekend we are totally free...maybe I'll finally get to sit down and stamp

Have a great Monday!
Isn't it fun watching them get excited! That was the best, so much fun. Glad you all had a fun day. Yay for a slow week!
Old 07-11-2011, 07:05 AM   #90
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrahx2 View Post
Cindy, how is the eye? We are truly surrounded by talented women, huh? Glad you had a restful week-end.

Amanda, report in. Now.

Vision is okay. Not cloudy like it was, but still not 100% yet. Not having any problems seeing or driving which is great. I have a dull headache this morning, but I'm having lots of hot flashes, and they turned the A/C up in here this weekend to save some money, and it's 85 degrees in here. So imagine the 85 degrees plus my hot flashes, and I'm probably pushing over 100 degrees body heat!! Crazy!!

Old 07-11-2011, 07:06 AM   #91
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ougot2 View Post
What great projects you guys made at the New Caddy reveal. We had a great time at the Zindorf class as you all have read. And Mary didn't make any mistakes on any of her cards. Her cards were super. Can't wait for the lunch on Friday. Just watched the Jaycee Dugard interview. That poor girl, she seems to be doing ok now. But what a screw up by the police and parole organization.
I didn't know the Jaycee Dugard interview was on until after 10:00 so I only got to watch the second hour of it. What a remarkable young woman, she does seem to be doing pretty well now and very protective of her children. Casey Anthony could take a lesson from her!

My Blog:GoldenPaperDreams
My avatar is one of our rescued Goldens, Sabrae!
Old 07-11-2011, 07:07 AM   #92
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Yeah he's having a "mom" moment over Evan. All checked out well today at the clinic. They said no repeat CT so we are happy! Just have to watch him close. I'm still considering the bubble wrap and helmet for any outdoor play. lol

Oh no! What happened to Evan? I was so good this weekend that I didn't even check FB while away. I wanted to separate from just about everything except my DH to clear my mind from the past couple of weeks. Sorry to hear something happened to Evan and it required a CT scan.

Old 07-11-2011, 07:08 AM   #93
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

I've been selected to be on the Digiital Delights design team!! My term starts on the
14th.
Woo! Hoo! Congratulations Mary! I know you are excited! Can't wait to see your creations!

Old 07-11-2011, 07:09 AM   #94
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm going to my first ever weekend crop with Kathy this weekend at Hobby House Retreat in PA, and I am looking forward to it. That means another Friday off - yeah! I'll be getting stuff together for that each night this week except for tonight. DH wants to go and see Cars 2, so that will be fun.

Also, we saw Larry Crowne on Saturday up in Amish Country, and that is a really good flick. I recommend it. Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts do a great job of acting.

Old 07-11-2011, 07:10 AM   #95
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
Good morning girls!! I've missed you!

Had a nice relaxing weekend away camping and I behaved myself and took it easy. Barbara's store was slow on Friday, so I hung out there with the older Amish widows and a few others visiting while waiting on a few customers here and there. Nothing like it has been in the past with business for some reason. But that's okay - God knew I needed to take it easy and he also knew Jane was gonna tape me to a chair if I misbehaved. LOL

Finally got some much needed sleep Friday night too, so it felt good getting up on Saturday refreshed. Took my last steroid pill this morning. Now just waiting to hear from the dr's office about my appointment.
So glad you had a nice relaxing weekend away at your favorite place in the whole world! Glad you got some much needed rest too!

Old 07-11-2011, 07:13 AM   #96
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
So glad everything is ok! Hope DH is all calmed down now. It's funny the things Dad's freak out over while the Mom's stay calm and collected.

Old 07-11-2011, 07:15 AM   #97
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrahx2 View Post

Amanda, report in. Now.
Evan was playing in the m'ds indoor play thing. Fell and hit his head, we don't know how no one seen it happen...and when Keith ran over he was kinda dazed seeing stars I think. DH had a little freakout and we took him to patient first...they sent him to Walter Reed for a concussion evaluation. This is his second head injury in two weeks from playgrounds. When they did the CT they said it looks like he has a little tiny area that looks not right like an older injury....we are thinking the Carmax Evan vs slide issue. But no broken bones and no signs of a current concussion. So all is well. It's just Evan! He gets his coordination from his very not graceful mother. So I think everything is fine. He just needs some meat on his bones, and maybe needs to wear his bike helmet all the time or at least until he grows into his feet.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:19 AM   #98
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Vision is okay. Not cloudy like it was, but still not 100% yet. Not having any problems seeing or driving which is great. I have a dull headache this morning, but I'm having lots of hot flashes, and they turned the A/C up in here this weekend to save some money, and it's 85 degrees in here. So imagine the 85 degrees plus my hot flashes, and I'm probably pushing over 100 degrees body heat!! Crazy!!
That's like torture! 85deg! You need to bring a kiddie pool into work. lol Glad the cloudy is gone that's gotta help bunches! Glad you had a good weekend. Rest is a good thing, when I'm president we're going to have all Mondays as paid holidays that everyone is to doing nothing.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:20 AM   #99
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
I'm going to my first ever weekend crop with Kathy this weekend at Hobby House Retreat in PA, and I am looking forward to it. That means another Friday off - yeah! I'll be getting stuff together for that each night this week except for tonight. DH wants to go and see Cars 2, so that will be fun.

Also, we saw Larry Crowne on Saturday up in Amish Country, and that is a really good flick. I recommend it. Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts do a great job of acting.
Have fun!
Old 07-11-2011, 07:23 AM   #100
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
So glad everything is ok! Hope DH is all calmed down now. It's funny the things Dad's freak out over while the Mom's stay calm and collected.
I think its the first thing he's reacted to ever! He's always so laid back. Think it's just because he was the first responder...I'm normally the one dealing with the booboos. He was kinda funny. He's at school for the next two weeks so maybe that was the problem he knew he wouldn't be available if something was wrong.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:31 AM   #101
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
I didn't know the Jaycee Dugard interview was on until after 10:00 so I only got to watch the second hour of it. What a remarkable young woman, she does seem to be doing pretty well now and very protective of her children. Casey Anthony could take a lesson from her!
I missed it! I forgot all about it. I wonder if I can find it ondemand or online. She seems like such a normal person very adjusted. Not something I would expect after what she has been through. Amazing, God was working miracles.

Back home there is a lady who has converted a small RV into a mobile dog grooming station. She pulls into your drive hooks up to your hose if you have one and washes and grooms your pet. She is always booked and makes a very good living. I can totally see you doing this! Another lady has a small out building in her backyard and she has her grooming business in her backyard. She also does petsitting for select (housebroke) dogs. She has a very nice house and cars. So she is doing well. It would be work for me but I can see you have fun doing it. Getting your critter fix and making money.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:48 AM   #102
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Have fun Hobby House is a fun place. I was there in December.

Old 07-11-2011, 07:50 AM   #103
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
We were watching that last night. I can't believe everything she went thru, it was good to see how well she is doing.

Old 07-11-2011, 07:50 AM   #104
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

14th.
Congrats! So....what exactly does that mean???
Old 07-11-2011, 07:53 AM   #105
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Isn't it fun watching them get excited! That was the best, so much fun. Glad you all had a fun day. Yay for a slow week!
It was the best moment...I think we felt more like the proud parents then the Aunt and Uncle.

Toby has been trying to get Brad to help out with the team like the other dads, so Saturday Brad and Toby talked to the coach, looks like Brad is now on the team I am glad we get to be a big part of his life since his dad decided to bail out...my brother is really missing some great kids!

Old 07-11-2011, 08:01 AM   #106
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperpaws View Post
Congrats! So....what exactly does that mean???
Angie, a design team member "works" for the stamp company. The designer received free images, etc. to make cards with to promote the company. I'm responsible for one card per week for the length of my term, which runs through January.

I'm currently a designer for Bombshell Stamps. Paula is a designer for Hambo Stamps.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:43 AM   #107
Inking Addict

Quote:

That place looked really cool when we stopped on the last Buggies & Buds Shop Hop. Let us know how it goes!

Glad to hear your doing a little better!

Theresa
Old 07-11-2011, 09:06 AM   #108
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
It was the best moment...I think we felt more like the proud parents then the Aunt and Uncle.

Toby has been trying to get Brad to help out with the team like the other dads, so Saturday Brad and Toby talked to the coach, looks like Brad is now on the team I am glad we get to be a big part of his life since his dad decided to bail out...my brother is really missing some great kids!
I'm sorry to hear about your brother. Makes life hard on everyone. Glad Brad is stepping in and being a GREAT UNCLE! All kids should be so lucky. Nothing wrong with being proud of our babies! If their ours or not! My oldest nephew is just like one of my own. Couldn't be more proud of that kid.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:28 AM   #109
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
That's like torture! 85deg! You need to bring a kiddie pool into work. lol Glad the cloudy is gone that's gotta help bunches! Glad you had a good weekend. Rest is a good thing, when I'm president we're going to have all Mondays as paid holidays that everyone is to doing nothing.
You've got my vote! I know you can do better than all the men we've had in that office!

Old 07-11-2011, 09:38 AM   #110
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
I missed it! I forgot all about it. I wonder if I can find it ondemand or online. She seems like such a normal person very adjusted. Not something I would expect after what she has been through. Amazing, God was working miracles.

Back home there is a lady who has converted a small RV into a mobile dog grooming station. She pulls into your drive hooks up to your hose if you have one and washes and grooms your pet. She is always booked and makes a very good living. I can totally see you doing this! Another lady has a small out building in her backyard and she has her grooming business in her backyard. She also does petsitting for select (housebroke) dogs. She has a very nice house and cars. So she is doing well. It would be work for me but I can see you have fun doing it. Getting your critter fix and making money.
I can totally see me doing something like that too! We had someone come to the house once in a mobile grooming van, it was nice to just walk the dogs out to her instead of having to drive them to the groomers. I worked for a professional pet sitting company in the summer about 6 years ago at nights and on the weekends. It was the most fun job I've ever had and I made pretty good money. I didn't even mind getting up at the crack of dawn to be at a client's house at 6:00 a.m. to feed and walk their dogs. It didn't feel like work at all. I'd love to go back doing that after I retire!

Old 07-11-2011, 09:45 AM   #111
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

That is wonderful that you and Brad have stepped in to be a big part of your nephew's life, that's so important that he have a lot of support, especially from another male. And your lives will be so much richer for it as well!

Old 07-11-2011, 10:09 AM   #112
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Evan was playing in the m'ds indoor play thing. Fell and hit his head, we don't know how no one seen it happen...and when Keith ran over he was kinda dazed seeing stars I think. DH had a little freakout and we took him to patient first...they sent him to Walter Reed for a concussion evaluation. This is his second head injury in two weeks from playgrounds. When they did the CT they said it looks like he has a little tiny area that looks not right like an older injury....we are thinking the Carmax Evan vs slide issue. But no broken bones and no signs of a current concussion. So all is well. It's just Evan! He gets his coordination from his very not graceful mother. So I think everything is fine. He just needs some meat on his bones, and maybe needs to wear his bike helmet all the time or at least until he grows into his feet.
Poor guy! Glad he is okay. Yep, wrap him in either lots of bubble wrap or wear his helmet until he grows into those feet. LOL

Old 07-11-2011, 10:11 AM   #113
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

How fun for both Brad and Toby! It's great they have such a good relationship. Sorry to hear your brother bailed out, but it's really nice that your SIL lets you guys be in their lives. There are some families that wouldn't allow that. Glad she sees how special you all are and wants you in their lives. That male influence will mean everything when they are older.

Old 07-11-2011, 10:13 AM   #114
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlGoneStampin View Post
That place looked really cool when we stopped on the last Buggies & Buds Shop Hop. Let us know how it goes!

Glad to hear your doing a little better!

Theresa

It will be nice to be pampered this weekend. They fix all the meals and we have an open crop space all weekend long. Now to figure out what has to be packed up to work on. I'm hoping to finish our wedding album, so I can give it to DH for our 10th anniversary in September.

Are you and your mom doing the shop hop again this year? They've already sold half of the passports that have been printed, so it's off to a good start.

Old 07-11-2011, 10:14 AM   #115
Stazon Splitcoast

Angie, did you see my e-mail about the shop hop hours and such you asked about? Let me know if you want me to pick up your passport for you at one of the stores I deal with.

Old 07-11-2011, 10:16 AM   #116
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:

Was totally amazed by Jaycee's interview. Cannot even being to fathom her terrible ordeal. Truly a remarkable young girl who in spite of all the horror, refuses to 'let this evil' steal from her. God bless her and her sweet precious daughters.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:39 AM   #117
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
I can totally see me doing something like that too! We had someone come to the house once in a mobile grooming van, it was nice to just walk the dogs out to her instead of having to drive them to the groomers. I worked for a professional pet sitting company in the summer about 6 years ago at nights and on the weekends. It was the most fun job I've ever had and I made pretty good money. I didn't even mind getting up at the crack of dawn to be at a client's house at 6:00 a.m. to feed and walk their dogs. It didn't feel like work at all. I'd love to go back doing that after I retire!
It's your calling! You would be great at it!
Old 07-11-2011, 12:46 PM   #118
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
It will be nice to be pampered this weekend. They fix all the meals and we have an open crop space all weekend long. Now to figure out what has to be packed up to work on. I'm hoping to finish our wedding album, so I can give it to DH for our 10th anniversary in September.

Are you and your mom doing the shop hop again this year? They've already sold half of the passports that have been printed, so it's off to a good start.
Cindy, we signed up with Esther King but we haven't heard anything from her wether or not she got our check and we haven't recieved our passports. Sure hope so, we are planning on a good time this year again. She is probably waiting for us to show at her shop to give them to us like she did last year.
Old 07-11-2011, 03:24 PM   #119
Pearl-ExPert

Kathi, I use a mobile Pet Groomer now and altho more expensive, i like them. I didnt have a lot of luck w/others. Also, T's dog walkers are a retired couple. They are younger than me (govt retirement ya know), but it is good exercise and they do it together and if one cant come the other does it. Their dog died a couple yrs ago and they cant bear the thought of going thru that again but like dogs, so they do this. Not sure how much longer I can afford this tho but I feel bad for T cause Icant walk him for long. I think I will cut back to 3 days. I need to go back to the therapy pool and cant afford both. Let's see - Toby or Rose????? It is a difficult decision believe it or not.
Going to try to redesign my swap card tomorrow. sigh.....
everyone have a nice evening.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:19 PM   #120
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose0165 View Post
Kathi, I use a mobile Pet Groomer now and altho more expensive, i like them. I didnt have a lot of luck w/others. Also, T's dog walkers are a retired couple. They are younger than me (govt retirement ya know), but it is good exercise and they do it together and if one cant come the other does it. Their dog died a couple yrs ago and they cant bear the thought of going thru that again but like dogs, so they do this. Not sure how much longer I can afford this tho but I feel bad for T cause Icant walk him for long. I think I will cut back to 3 days. I need to go back to the therapy pool and cant afford both. Let's see - Toby or Rose????? It is a difficult decision believe it or not.
Going to try to redesign my swap card tomorrow. sigh.....
everyone have a nice evening.
Rose, I really wish I lived near you. You would have free dog walking services for as long as you wanted!