Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-02-2012, 08:55 AM   #6801
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrahx2 View Post
Good morning Stampers of Meade.....made it to work okay with one little detour due to "issues" on Old Gunpowder. Stupid PG police sitting in their cars and not enforcing the 4 way stop. Had a bit of a detour but otherwise, made it...........cut my card pieces in the dark so.........hope they work. Glad everyone is okay and Angie, sounds like you all were pumped up Friday night. It's amazing how quickly you can create a community in disaster. I love it. Rose, post a picture of your organizing system.....it's a must see! I need an organizer, never mind a system. Each time I start, I seem to get defeated easily by trying to figure out what goes where with what......oh well, one of these days. Gloria, I love your picture and where in Mass? We need to see a close up of it. I can definitely see your grandson's face shape in the picture. The card is darling and the coloring is wonderful. You and Mary and really putting your skills to work. Stamp on Ladies of Meade, Stamp on and say calm................
Jane we got married in Fitchburg on April 4th. It was snowing so hard that day. Big clumpy snow. It was wonderful
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-02-2012, 09:00 AM   #6802
Pearl-ExPert

Here is my latest SSD card. It is of Smanatha of Sex in the City. Rose we really do need to see your organization. I need all the help I can get. I am thinking that the cases I have bought from SU to put my unmounted stamps in would be good for my Spellbinders dies. With some magnetic tape or sheets in it. Well, Splitcoast says that I don't have access to this page and won't let me post my pictures, so if you want to see my card here is the address to my blog. http://girlgonescrappin.blogspot.com Guess I better go see what is going on with Splitcoast.

Last edited by Ougot2; 07-02-2012 at 09:06 AM..
Old 07-02-2012, 09:20 AM   #6803
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Paula, pick a good sofa, I may need to come sleep on it......just sayin! LOL
Road trip to OC! Come on down!

The best things in life are the people we love, the places we've been and the memories we've made along the way - unknown

SCS Gallery

Check out my blog!!
Old 07-02-2012, 09:30 AM   #6804
Pearl-ExPert

Wink

Here she is.
Attached Thumbnails
samantha.jpg  

Last edited by Ougot2; 07-02-2012 at 10:15 AM..
Old 07-02-2012, 12:59 PM   #6805
Pearl-ExPert

Gloria, I love love love this card. The sassy girl fits perfectly in that chair with her LBD.
My organizing system is just something I cooked up. Now I wont use it again for another 6 months when I get into another fit. Its just an excel spreadsheet (aka list) and I put the folders in a Cuttlebug case thingy.
I'd love to get some of the unmounted stamps boxes that SU uses. I put my unmounteds in cases with inserts like little notebooks. Jeaneen started it. I use the SU cases for my Spellbinder, etc dies. Does SU sell them separately? I have some in cd cases now but I like them in the su ones because you can put the whole pkg in there.
Got a pedicure today....feels so good. Now I need to go buy some sandals. I gave away most of my shoes a year or so ago.
michelle, I dont think Im missing any folders. I gave you some duplicates I had. But I will go thru your stuff on Sat because of your "stealing" ways. LOL. I know what you're thinking, "MY stealing?". What about yours?"
Old 07-02-2012, 01:09 PM   #6806
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ougot2 View Post
Here she is.

How cute!
Old 07-02-2012, 01:29 PM   #6807
Gallery Gazer

Location: On my sunporch- stamping and creating. Enjoying the view :)

[QUOTE=Rose0165;19530153]Gloria, I love love love this card. The sassy girl fits perfectly in that chair with her LBD.
My organizing system is just something I cooked up. Now I wont use it again for another 6 months when I get into another fit. Its just an excel spreadsheet (aka list) and I put the folders in a Cuttlebug case thingy.
I'd love to get some of the unmounted stamps boxes that SU uses. I put my unmounteds in cases with inserts like little notebooks. Jeaneen started it. I use the SU cases for my Spellbinder, etc dies. Does SU sell them separately? I have some in cd cases now but I like them in the su ones because you can put the whole pkg in there.
Got a pedicure today....feels so good. Now I need to go buy some sandals. I gave away most of my shoes a year or so ago.
michelle, I dont think Im missing any folders. I gave you some duplicates I had. But I will go thru your stuff on Sat because of your "stealing" ways. LOL. I know what you're thinking, "MY stealing?". What about yours?"[/QUOTE]

That so sounds like mom and me...she always leaves my house with a bag of stuff, and I usually take a few sets off of her shelf...oh mother/daughter stampers

Check out my stamping blog.

Design team member for qkrstampede and eurekastamps
Old 07-02-2012, 02:30 PM   #6808
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via AIM to jtax

just checking in. We had a huge storm yesterday and lost power. I finally was able to talk with someone at the city and was told he wished he say the power would be restored today, but it probably wouldn't be. It's *only* been 26 or so hours at this point... Just had someone come and make our generator work. Unfortunately, it doesn't power much - the refrigerator and a few outlets. I just had to get my computer fix, so I have extension cords stretched from the closest outlet (it's in another room) to the computer. We lost one big tree this morning and loads of branches - even found big branches on the front porch. Some neighbors said the damage was worse than Irene... Of course, DH is in MD, so I get to cleanup by myself!
Old 07-02-2012, 02:32 PM   #6809
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose0165 View Post
Gloria, I love love love this card. The sassy girl fits perfectly in that chair with her LBD.
Got a pedicure today....feels so good. Now I need to go buy some sandals. I gave away most of my shoes a year or so ago.michelle, I dont think Im missing any folders. I gave you some duplicates I had. But I will go thru your stuff on Sat because of your "stealing" ways. LOL. I know what you're thinking, "MY stealing?". What about yours?"
Did you think you wouldn't be needing your shoes? lol I want to get a pedi before I go for my operation. You never know that while I am out they might be looking at my feet. Or maybe I will slice up the operating table with the sand paper feel of my feet. Jim and I went out and bought a power lazy boy recliner. I think he had had it by the time I finally could get up and about last time. I had put the recliner up in my bedroom and he would come up to help me get out of the thing. I had just about had it with him too.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:36 PM   #6810
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtax View Post
just checking in. We had a huge storm yesterday and lost power. I finally was able to talk with someone at the city and was told he wished he say the power would be restored today, but it probably wouldn't be. It's *only* been 26 or so hours at this point... Just had someone come and make our generator work. Unfortunately, it doesn't power much - the refrigerator and a few outlets. I just had to get my computer fix, so I have extension cords stretched from the closest outlet (it's in another room) to the computer. We lost one big tree this morning and loads of branches - even found big branches on the front porch. Some neighbors said the damage was worse than Irene... Of course, DH is in MD, so I get to cleanup by myself!
Oh, Jeaneen sorry to hear this. Hopefully it will be back on before you know it.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:18 PM   #6811
Stazon Splitcoast

Just got back from a delicious dinner at Two Rivers to celebrate our 35th anniversary. Now I'm STUFFED! Never had a bad meal from there!

Gloria, I think I need one of those chairs...it's getting harder and harder for me to get up off the couch with my knees!

Didn't do much today at all with my unexpected day off- a couple loads of laundry and I started working on a card for the DT on Friday...that's it...and I'm fine with that! I DO however think I have a design for my swap card! Now just need to make one and see if I like it...
Old 07-02-2012, 03:46 PM   #6812
Watercolor Wizard

Yippee!!! The power is back on! Just turned off the generator and turned on the regular house power, unplugged all the extension cords and turned on the AC!
Old 07-02-2012, 03:47 PM   #6813
Gabfest Goddess

Send a message via Yahoo to AmandaW

Quote:
Oh Jeaneen, sorry your dealing with the storms and cleanup. It's no fun! Take care and don't over do it.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:48 PM   #6814
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmGee458 View Post
Just got back from a delicious dinner at Two Rivers to celebrate our 35th anniversary. Now I'm STUFFED! Never had a bad meal from there!

Gloria, I think I need one of those chairs...it's getting harder and harder for me to get up off the couch with my knees!

Didn't do much today at all with my unexpected day off- a couple loads of laundry and I started working on a card for the DT on Friday...that's it...and I'm fine with that! I DO however think I have a design for my swap card! Now just need to make one and see if I like it...
Congrats on 35 years! Happy Anniversary! Glad you had a nice dinner to celebrate!

WooHoo on a day off and getting a few things done! A two day work week - now that's my kind of schedule!
Old 07-02-2012, 04:54 PM   #6815
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Yippee!!! The power is back on! Just turned off the generator and turned on the regular house power, unplugged all the extension cords and turned on the AC!
OH Happy Days!!!
Old 07-02-2012, 04:55 PM   #6816
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmGee458 View Post

Congratulations!! 35 years thats wonderful.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:15 PM   #6817
Pearl-ExPert

Gloria, all the shoes were either too big, too small, worn out or had heels. Soo, think I will buy some sandals tomorrow if i feel like it.
Jeaneen, dont work too hard, it will wait. Glad you got the generator working. Served its purpose. Glad electricity is back. Some people up here still dont have any. I feel very fortunatesince mine never went off.
Glad you had a nice anniversary dinner Mary. Congratulations.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:47 PM   #6818
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrzaworski View Post
No damage here in good ol' Dundalk. I drove to Bowie today to meet my brother for lunch and literally all of Bowie was without power. All of the restaurants and gas stations were closed, no lights, etc... There were lots of trees down on the side of the road. It was crazy.

We ended up having lunch in Crofton.
I heard a lot of Crofton is out still. Where'd ya go for lunch?
Old 07-02-2012, 07:58 PM   #6819
Insane Embellisher

Happy 35th Anniversary, Mary. That is so awesome!
Old 07-03-2012, 03:26 AM   #6820
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks, Angie! Sure doesn't SEEM like it's been 35 years!

Well, it's back to school today for real this time...bah....
Old 07-03-2012, 04:44 AM   #6821
Pearl-ExPert

Heart

Good morning Stampers of Meade! Mary you don't look old enough to be married that long. Jeaneen, we were out for two days, as I am sure David told you! It was some wild stuff going on. So glad everyone is okay. Today, I will work on finishing up with my swap card and cutting my papers for a cigar box. Yep, still addicted to that fun. I hope you all have a wonderful Two-down Tuesday and happy 4th tomorrow! Paula.......I wish I was where you are ♫ ♪ :♫ .
Old 07-03-2012, 05:34 AM   #6822
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Good morning Stampers of Meade! Mary you don't look old enough to be married that long. Jeaneen, we were out for two days, as I am sure David told you! It was some wild stuff going on. So glad everyone is okay. Today, I will work on finishing up with my swap card and cutting my papers for a cigar box. Yep, still addicted to that fun. I hope you all have a wonderful Two-down Tuesday and happy 4th tomorrow! Paula.......I wish I was where you are ♫ ♪ :♫ .
Jane, I think the power was out at our Laurel house less than 24 hours. Fortunately, he got the generator running after several hours, but it didm't power the AC.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:58 AM   #6823
Gabfest Goddess

Good morning Stampers of Meade! Hope you all have a lovely day.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:23 AM   #6824
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:

Happy for you!!
Old 07-03-2012, 09:25 AM   #6825
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Learned this technique several years ago, very simple and love the way it looks.

Sunshine Background - stampTV
Old 07-03-2012, 10:40 AM   #6826
Compulsive Stamper

Any Marylanders flying to SU convention via SW out of BWI on the 17th at 2:30?
Old 07-03-2012, 11:35 AM   #6827
Watercolor Wizard

Just got 8 more chairs from my office! The manager said you now have 10 - I think you should get 2 more and have an even dozen. Also tagged some other stuff for storage - one is desk high is on casters and has several open shelves wide enough for 8 1/2" paper. It's light grey. They might have another and if so they will tag it for me too. They also have another unit which would be wonderful - maybe 6" or so above desk height, several cubby holes under the desk top and two cabinets below with shelves inside - maybe 6 feet long. It currently has a printer on top and that covers about 1/3 of the surface. Only issue is it is quite heavy and I know I can't get it upstairs and don't think DH would be too happy doing it, actually I think he would downright refuse! Gee, maybe it comes apart and I can sneak it in in pieces...
Old 07-03-2012, 11:57 AM   #6828
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Just got 8 more chairs from my office! The manager said you now have 10 - I think you should get 2 more and have an even dozen. Also tagged some other stuff for storage - one is desk high is on casters and has several open shelves wide enough for 8 1/2" paper. It's light grey. They might have another and if so they will tag it for me too. They also have another unit which would be wonderful - maybe 6" or so above desk height, several cubby holes under the desk top and two cabinets below with shelves inside - maybe 6 feet long. It currently has a printer on top and that covers about 1/3 of the surface. Only issue is it is quite heavy and I know I can't get it upstairs and don't think DH would be too happy doing it, actually I think he would downright refuse! Gee, maybe it comes apart and I can sneak it in in pieces...
Good luck with that.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:24 PM   #6829
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Wow, Jeaneen, you really hit the mother lode! Take whatever you can get- you can always get rid of it at a later date!
Old 07-03-2012, 01:41 PM   #6830
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ougot2 View Post
Good luck with that.
yeah, I am sure it's not happening...

The ladies at the office came to a class I did and they are all 'looking out' for me, saying, "Jeaneen needs this for her stamping...oh, and look at this, this would be good for..." Too funny! I still can't believe she is just giving this stuff away and if no one comes for it, she is tossing it in the dumpster - yikes!
Old 07-03-2012, 05:52 PM   #6831
Pearl-ExPert

You are going to have a heck of a room. Good for you.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:59 AM   #6832
Gabfest Goddess

Happy 4th everyone! HUGS
Old 07-04-2012, 08:00 AM   #6833
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
yeah, I am sure it's not happening...

The ladies at the office came to a class I did and they are all 'looking out' for me, saying, "Jeaneen needs this for her stamping...oh, and look at this, this would be good for..." Too funny! I still can't believe she is just giving this stuff away and if no one comes for it, she is tossing it in the dumpster - yikes!
Whoohoo! Sounds like your going to have awesome storage.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:09 AM   #6834
Pearl-ExPert

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Happy Fourth of July
[/COLOR
Old 07-04-2012, 08:15 AM   #6835
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!
Old 07-04-2012, 11:07 AM   #6836
Watercolor Wizard

The laundry is done, 3 beds were stripped and remade, house has been vacuumed, dishes in dishwasher have been put away, 2 boxes unpacked (mostly inventoried and put into a stack to give to charity) and papers filed. Had some lunch and now it's time to stamp. Heading up there now!!! Catch you later...

Have a great day everyone, try to stay cool and enjoy the day!
Old 07-04-2012, 03:57 PM   #6837
Watercolor Wizard

I got up to my stamping room and pulled out 'stuff' and was getting ready to stamp when I got a phone call from DD's future inlaws who were in town checking out the area. They saw the hotel, the rehearsal dinner restaurant and the wedding venue (and stopped for ice cream!). I invited them over. We had a nice visit, so now it is time to stamp (finally...) Hope you all are enjoying July 4 festivities and aren't melting in the heat!
Old 07-04-2012, 04:05 PM   #6838
Pearl-ExPert

I think I am melting.
Old 07-04-2012, 04:39 PM   #6839
Insane Embellisher

Tried to find some mojo earlier today. Actually colored an image for my next design team project. Now I have to make a card with it....soon! Maybe tomorrow...
Old 07-04-2012, 07:14 PM   #6840
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

My wonderful husband was so sweet to purchase a new wheelchair for me today from the Westminster Yard Sale side of freecycle. It is so much better and more comfortable than the one we have been using for nearly 20 years and at a reduced price! Am sooooo very grateful!