Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-25-2011, 04:24 AM   #561
Pearl-ExPert

Good morning all. Hope everyone has something good planned for today. Even going to work can be good! You get to be around people, accomplish something useful and make some money to buy new stamping supplies.
Think I might work on my ribbon card today. I didnt finish any of the cleaning stuff I started yesterday so I SHOULD do that. We'll see.
So, off to get dressed now. byeeeeee.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-25-2011, 05:43 AM   #562
Pearl-ExPert

I have no air conditioning.

who do I call? a general contractor? BGE? some random dude on the internet that advertises he fixes A/C units?

with my luck it will take a week anyway as I am not considered 'at risk' enough.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:02 AM   #563
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsjvb View Post

who do I call? a general contractor? BGE? some random dude on the internet that advertises he fixes A/C units?

with my luck it will take a week anyway as I am not considered 'at risk' enough.
Do you have a service contract on your AC unit? If so call them.

The best things in life are the people we love, the places we've been and the memories we've made along the way - unknown

SCS Gallery

Check out my blog!!
Old 07-25-2011, 06:13 AM   #564
Pearl-ExPert

DM, I always use BGE. I have a contract w/them now but I trust them. A good day to stay in the lowest level.
So, instead of finishing the cleaning, doing the ribbon card, I am finally gtting winter stuff put away. Put in bins anyhow, no place to put any of it of course.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:30 AM   #565
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning girls!

Kathi, a belated thank you for hosting us on Saturday. Mom and I had a great time. Thanks for the little sand bucket full of goodies. I loved meeting your DH and all the critters. Mom enjoyed all the doggies and cooking with you and Jane outside.

Amanda, thanks for the milk carton of jelly beans. One of my favorite snacks!! And I know I don't have to worry about DH eating them. Yeah! If I would have taken the chocolate, that would have been another story.

Jane, I was a good girl and put your cupcake in with DH's lunch this morning. I made sure I kept the gift certificate though. LOL You'll have to give a class on the cupcake holder, right girls???

I really enjoyed the questions too. We each got to know each other a little more. That could be something to consider if we do have a weekend away. Put a bunch of questions in a bowl and everyone pick one to answer. Of course, they'd all be G rated. LOL

Off to catch up....

Old 07-25-2011, 06:30 AM   #566
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyheypaula View Post
Do you have a service contract on your AC unit? If so call them.

i do now. n the circuit breaker box there is a list of who installed what in the house. when I went to the website they offer service and repairs. the contract actually pays for the service fee.. it would have cost me $89 for them to just show up. now that is covered plus I will get a discount on parts and labor. plus 2 seasonal maintenance checks, spring and fall. and will all the trouble I had last winter keeping it constant, I think it will be worth it.

bad news is they can't come til tomorrow.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:31 AM   #567
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
As always, we had a very nice time with our grandson. He loved the pool and got to meet a former Marine so he enjoyed himself. Did not stay all that long but was glad for the opportunity - this particular pool, actually pools, is extremely nice!!

Cindy, thank you soooo very much for your sweet card - you are so nice!
Thanks so much, too, for the offer of a ride and would love to come tomorrow but still not feeling up to par but please, please eat a bunch for me.

You're welcome! Hopefully you are feeling better today. We'll get to meet each other one of these days. And I'm sure between all of us, we did eat enough for your share. Food was delicious. We never go hungry at one of our events.

Old 07-25-2011, 06:36 AM   #568
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose0165 View Post
Good morning.
All packed and ready to go! Desserts made, gift wrapped. Not sure if I will wear the flourscent orange bikini or the yellow polka dot, it's teeny weeny.
Caterina, sorry you wont be joining us and hope you are feeling better every day.

Rose, now I've got this song in my head and it's a good thing. A very good memory with my grandmother. We'd sing this all the time. And the one about "Ethel, put your clothes on" - I can't remember the exact title. Those were the days!! Thanks for giving me a good memory to think of this morning.

Old 07-25-2011, 06:39 AM   #569
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathi127 View Post
Ok ladies, you're not gonna believe this but DH and I just got done watching Eclipse and I have to say I'm hooked! I'm sorry I didn't see Twilight and New Moon first but I will have to get caught up with them before Breaking Dawn comes out. I actually surprised myself by watching it, I've been resisting because I didn't think I would like these at all, but DH was channel surfing and came upon it so we started watching it. Apparently he has seen parts of the first two because he knew who was who and what was going on and could update me as we watched. Anybody have Twilight & New Moon that I could borrow to watch?

Woohoo! Another one crosses over....

And Amanda, your cupcakes were great!!! All sparkly like Edward!

Jane, are you wearing your toe ring today??

Old 07-25-2011, 06:43 AM   #570
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
i do now. n the circuit breaker box there is a list of who installed what in the house. when I went to the website they offer service and repairs. the contract actually pays for the service fee.. it would have cost me $89 for them to just show up. now that is covered plus I will get a discount on parts and labor. plus 2 seasonal maintenance checks, spring and fall. and will all the trouble I had last winter keeping it constant, I think it will be worth it.

bad news is they can't come til tomorrow.

Do you have fans you can use until tomorrow? How about hanging out in the basement? It's usually cooler down there. Sorry I don't live closer...

Old 07-25-2011, 06:51 AM   #571
Stazon Splitcoast

Yesterday morning at church was an experience where I had to bite my tongue. There is a lady who is widowed with 3 kids that attends, and she was diagnosed with MS in 2009. Her husband died shoveling snow about 4 years ago, and the church has helped her in many ways, but I feel like she freeloads too much and uses people. One being my DH and several other guys in the church. But that's another whole story. Any way, she came up to me yesterday, said you need a hug, and told me that she's sorry about my diagnosis and that my life will never be the same. I won't be able to do what I normally do and was very negative. She said God gave me this, so she and I can support each other. I stopped her in mid-sentence, and said #1 - I haven't been diagnosed with anything, #2 - it's not going to beat me, and #3 - God is in control of whatever I have and I'm gonna trust him. And then I proceeded to tell her that I'm not gonna crawl into a corner and become depressed no matter what it is and I will live my life to the fullest. She then proceeds with more negative things, and I bit my tongue, because what I wanted to say would not have been nice at all. By the time she walked away, I was so upset and ready to cry. I couldn't believe that someone would just spit out all the negativities that she has encountered with MS. That is not how you help someone whether I have it or not. I walked into the service and was just spent.

And I've decided if it is what I have, I will not get support from her. Just hearing everything bad she said yesterday, I don't need that negativity in my life. I need happy people around me, not that. And when she said God gave it to me, so we can support each other - that just was wrong.

Okay, I've vented - sorry girls....

Old 07-25-2011, 06:51 AM   #572
Stazon Splitcoast

You girls are my happy people!!!

Old 07-25-2011, 07:09 AM   #573
Forum Fanatic

Morning Everyone! I hope everyone has recovered from our wild party on Saturday! I spent yesterday just relaxing and chilling with Dean and the critters. Now it's back to work! Unfortunately when I got to work I realized my glasses are missing, I just hope they are at the house. Fortunately one of my co-workers had a spare pair of those reading glasses you can buy at Walmart and other places and loaned them to me. They're not as strong as mine but they're better than nothing. I've been needing new glasses for a while now so this will give me a push to go get them and hopefully if I find my old ones I will have them for a spare. I have a feeling though that I'm gonna have a headache by the time I get home tonight!

My Blog:GoldenPaperDreams
My avatar is one of our rescued Goldens, Sabrae!
Old 07-25-2011, 07:34 AM   #574
Forum Fanatic

Oh Cindy, I am so sorry for the things that woman said to you! That was just awful and I would have been in tears. First off, you don't even have a solid diagnosis for anything so for her to just presume you have MS was really wrong. And secondly, I sure don't call what she said to you as being supportive in any way. And to say that God gave it to you is just ludicrous! I don't know what is the matter with some people, she sounds like she enjoys being miserable and is hoping that she now has you to share being miserable with. She obviously doesn't know you very well! You are a strong person with a very strong faith and you are not going to let this knock you down, no matter what the diagnosis might be. You have a great attitude and I truly believe attitude plays a big part in how people handle illness of any kind, be it cancer, MS or whatever. Know that we are all praying for you for good test results and that this was just some kind of infection or virus that attacked your optic nerve and was just one of those flukes that happen in life. And, if it does end up being not good news, you know you have so many people that care about you and are in your corner and will support you and help you deal with whatever you're given. We love you and you can bet we will make you laugh!

Old 07-25-2011, 07:38 AM   #575
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
Yesterday morning at church was an experience where I had to bite my tongue. There is a lady who is widowed with 3 kids that attends, and she was diagnosed with MS in 2009. Her husband died shoveling snow about 4 years ago, and the church has helped her in many ways, but I feel like she freeloads too much and uses people. One being my DH and several other guys in the church. But that's another whole story. Any way, she came up to me yesterday, said you need a hug, and told me that she's sorry about my diagnosis and that my life will never be the same. I won't be able to do what I normally do and was very negative. She said God gave me this, so she and I can support each other. I stopped her in mid-sentence, and said #1 - I haven't been diagnosed with anything, #2 - it's not going to beat me, and #3 - God is in control of whatever I have and I'm gonna trust him. And then I proceeded to tell her that I'm not gonna crawl into a corner and become depressed no matter what it is and I will live my life to the fullest. She then proceeds with more negative things, and I bit my tongue, because what I wanted to say would not have been nice at all. By the time she walked away, I was so upset and ready to cry. I couldn't believe that someone would just spit out all the negativities that she has encountered with MS. That is not how you help someone whether I have it or not. I walked into the service and was just spent.

And I've decided if it is what I have, I will not get support from her. Just hearing everything bad she said yesterday, I don't need that negativity in my life. I need happy people around me, not that. And when she said God gave it to me, so we can support each other - that just was wrong.

Cindy, no need to apologize for the venting... goodness, as the old saying goes, "with friends like that, you don't need any enemies." Having been on disability for over 20 years, have come across all kinds of people who 'mean well' and think they are 'helping'. You have the right attitude, sweetie, stay as positive as possible, keep supportive people around you and trust God no matter what is said or done. He loves and cares about you more than anyone every possibly could!!

You are a very special lady!!!
Old 07-25-2011, 07:40 AM   #576
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via AIM to jtax

Quote:

Cindy, I am so sorry you had this experience. You have a great attitude and the Lord on your side and that's really what matters most! I had similar experiences when attending 'support' groups and decided that many of the folks there were making it so much worse for me and I certainly didn't need that kind of support! Now instead of going to those groups, I attend educational seminars (usually with a meal!) sponsored by drug companies with docs/nurses speaking on various topics and taking Q&A afterwards - sooooo much better! Of course I do hope and pray that you do not get this diagnosis, but if you do, there are many caring folks out there to share with and support you! Oh, life may not ever be the same, but that is not necessarily a bad thing! Is your life the same now as before you got married or any other change for that matter??? Leave the Negative Nellies behind! Hugs!!!
Old 07-25-2011, 07:42 AM   #577
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Have thought of a plan for my stomach/bowel problems.... If I do not eat, do not get swelling/pain, etc. There are few minor glitches in the plan that somehow need to be worked out. Somehow, do not think my gastro guy will go for it...lol
Old 07-25-2011, 07:43 AM   #578
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Have thought of a plan for my stomach/bowel problems.... If I do not eat, do not get swelling/pain, etc. There are few minor glitches in the plan that somehow need to be worked out. Somehow, do not think my gastro guy will go for it...lol
I don't think he would go for it either! I think you need plan B...
Old 07-25-2011, 07:46 AM   #579
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtax View Post
I don't think he would go for it either! I think you need plan B...

Yeah, think you are right... have mentioned that plan to him before and he did not think it would work out very well.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:48 AM   #580
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Caterina, as much as I love food and love to eat, sometimes I wish there was just a pill we could take to give us all the nutrition we need and we wouldn't have to deal with digestive problems! And maybe in the process I would lose weight! LOL

Old 07-25-2011, 07:56 AM   #581
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Caterina, as much as I love food and love to eat, sometimes I wish there was just a pill we could take to give us all the nutrition we need and we wouldn't have to deal with digestive problems! And maybe in the process I would lose weight! LOL

That would be nice but my pill would have to help me gain weight. Funny thing is my gastro guy is always telling me I need more calories but then says to stay on liquids several days a week eating jello, etc. Grateful for chocolate Ensure and even though I am not an ice cream lover, my 'yawag' husband got me some of Edys double fudge brownie.

Btw, yawag stands for 'You Are Wonderful And Great" -- it started off many years ago as a term when projects would be a strain on us... imagine that. Reynold shortened it to yawag. It is now an endearing term.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:21 AM   #582
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Oh Cindy, I am so sorry for the things that woman said to you! That was just awful and I would have been in tears. First off, you don't even have a solid diagnosis for anything so for her to just presume you have MS was really wrong. And secondly, I sure don't call what she said to you as being supportive in any way. And to say that God gave it to you is just ludicrous! I don't know what is the matter with some people, she sounds like she enjoys being miserable and is hoping that she now has you to share being miserable with. She obviously doesn't know you very well! You are a strong person with a very strong faith and you are not going to let this knock you down, no matter what the diagnosis might be. You have a great attitude and I truly believe attitude plays a big part in how people handle illness of any kind, be it cancer, MS or whatever. Know that we are all praying for you for good test results and that this was just some kind of infection or virus that attacked your optic nerve and was just one of those flukes that happen in life. And, if it does end up being not good news, you know you have so many people that care about you and are in your corner and will support you and help you deal with whatever you're given. We love you and you can bet we will make you laugh!

Thanks Kathi! Yes, attitude makes the difference in everything and how you accept something as well. That's what DH's "sermon" is that he will present to the campground on 08/28. It's all about attitude. He is doing the teaching for the campsite evangelism service that day. He's been working on this lesson for 3 years, and he is so nervous.

Old 07-25-2011, 08:22 AM   #583
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Cindy, no need to apologize for the venting... goodness, as the old saying goes, "with friends like that, you don't need any enemies." Having been on disability for over 20 years, have come across all kinds of people who 'mean well' and think they are 'helping'. You have the right attitude, sweetie, stay as positive as possible, keep supportive people around you and trust God no matter what is said or done. He loves and cares about you more than anyone every possibly could!!

You are a very special lady!!!

Thanks Caterina! You are a special lady as well!

Old 07-25-2011, 08:28 AM   #584
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Cindy, I am so sorry you had this experience. You have a great attitude and the Lord on your side and that's really what matters most! I had similar experiences when attending 'support' groups and decided that many of the folks there were making it so much worse for me and I certainly didn't need that kind of support! Now instead of going to those groups, I attend educational seminars (usually with a meal!) sponsored by drug companies with docs/nurses speaking on various topics and taking Q&A afterwards - sooooo much better! Of course I do hope and pray that you do not get this diagnosis, but if you do, there are many caring folks out there to share with and support you! Oh, life may not ever be the same, but that is not necessarily a bad thing! Is your life the same now as before you got married or any other change for that matter??? Leave the Negative Nellies behind! Hugs!!!
Thanks Jeaneen! I know my life will never be the same no matter what the diagnosis is, and you are right about marriage, etc. Being a step-mother was definitely a change. But the way this lady was talking made me sound like I'd be a wallflower and not be able to do anything. People would be taking care of me. She might like her life that way of people offering her sympathy, bringing dinner a couple times a week, etc., but that's not me. I will do for myself as long as I possibly can. If God deals me a different deck of cards, and I do have more issues down the road, then I'll deal with them head on. I'm not going to sit aside and wither away while others fuss over me. That's just not me or the way I was brought up. She's definitely a Negative Nelly and I'm sure I'll run into more in my life. I just have to choose not to "hang out" with that sort of people or let their little speeches go in one ear and out the other.

I really appreciate the advice you have offered and might need more once I get the diagnosis.

Old 07-25-2011, 08:31 AM   #585
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I don't think your dr would go for that either. Does Ensure or those type drinks help you or do they cause the swelling/pain as well? Saying prayers that the dr can come up with a good plan to make you feel better.

Old 07-25-2011, 08:32 AM   #586
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
That would be nice but my pill would have to help me gain weight. Funny thing is my gastro guy is always telling me I need more calories but then says to stay on liquids several days a week eating jello, etc. Grateful for chocolate Ensure and even though I am not an ice cream lover, my 'yawag' husband got me some of Edys double fudge brownie.

Btw, yawag stands for 'You Are Wonderful And Great" -- it started off many years ago as a term when projects would be a strain on us... imagine that. Reynold shortened it to yawag. It is now an endearing term.
You definitely have yourself a keeper!!

Old 07-25-2011, 08:32 AM   #587
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Thanks Kathi! Yes, attitude makes the difference in everything and how you accept something as well. That's what DH's "sermon" is that he will present to the campground on 08/28. It's all about attitude. He is doing the teaching for the campsite evangelism service that day. He's been working on this lesson for 3 years, and he is so nervous.

Cindy, trusting God to give your DH all that he needs to deliver a powerful message! May he truly sense God's peace knowing that He will give your DH the words and that God will prepare everything ahead of him.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:44 AM   #588
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
I don't think your dr would go for that either. Does Ensure or those type drinks help you or do they cause the swelling/pain as well? Saying prayers that the dr can come up with a good plan to make you feel better.

Have had this problem for nearly 40 years and it is difficult to truly know what causes what. Sometimes I am able to eat a little, it goes well other times no so good; that goes with the liquid stuff, too. Have seen JHH doctors who are truly specialists in this field and my gastro guy is great. Thanks, Cindy, for your prayers - sending some back to you.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:45 AM   #589
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
You definitely have yourself a keeper!!

Yes, he is - am so blessed by God to have Reynold.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:47 AM   #590
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
I'm sure he will be awesome! Any chance that the woman who approached you will be there?

Old 07-25-2011, 09:06 AM   #591
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I'm sure he will be awesome! Any chance that the woman who approached you will be there?

Nope, he'll be doing this at White Oak Campground up in Amish Country for any campers that would like to come to church that Sunday. But then again, our pastor here has read it and likes it, so he might ask Danny to do it at our church. Then she'd hear it unless she's not there that Sunday. We'll have to see how Danny gets thru it the first time before he tackles it again. LOL

Old 07-25-2011, 09:11 AM   #592
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Cindy, trusting God to give your DH all that he needs to deliver a powerful message! May he truly sense God's peace knowing that He will give your DH the words and that God will prepare everything ahead of him.

I know he would appreciate your prayers. He is so nervous about this and has been reading over it for the past several weeks since he's been asked to speak. I just hope he can memorize most of it, so he isn't reading his paperwork the entire time.

Old 07-25-2011, 09:11 AM   #593
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

We've used Harvey Hottel (Harvey Hottel | Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, AC, Duct Cleaning, HVAC, Geothermal) for all our AC/HVAC stuff. We first had them in when we had to replace our unit a couple of years ago, and we've used them for maintenance and plumbing stuff too.

You'd have to call to find out if they go as far as Pasadena. I'll also email my dad (who lives out there) to see if he has anyone he recommends (he's an engineer, so he's picky about that kind of thing.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:51 AM   #594
Pearl-ExPert

I think I heard a rain drop. I hope so. We need it.
Cindy, I cant believe that lady at church. You certainly dont need that negativity, especially now. I go to a breast cancer support group, so understand what Jeaneen is talking about, but for the most part I get alot of information from the group and have made some friends. We mostly laugh at ourselves and each other unless it is someone just diagnosed or first timer. I am fear driven person but with the support I got thru the hospital and this group, it has helped tremendously. Yes, there are negative people. One lady had me cornered at the Relay for Life. I wanted "feel" the luminary ceremony, she talked to me the whole time. All negative, not about cancer, about everything. Mostly kids, ungrateful kids today, blah blah blah....... And my ultra perfect grandchildren had been there earlier!!!!! She taught for a month and couldnt stand it. I think its a good thing she never had kids. I think you did a very good job of letter her know not to expect any "poor me" (or "poor you") from you.
Yes, it is raining. good.
Hope everyone is having a good day.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:01 AM   #595
Rubber Obsessor

Does anyone else wish they could just go home and play with paper?

At least today's going relatively quickly...
Old 07-25-2011, 10:06 AM   #596
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkgeek View Post

I AM at home and wish I could play with paper! Instead I am taping walls and scrubbing floorboards in preparation for painting...

Hope your day continues to go quickly so you can get home and play!
Old 07-25-2011, 10:46 AM   #597
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I sure do, but I'm sure household chores will win once I get home. They always seems to. Welcome to the thread Tara!

Old 07-25-2011, 10:47 AM   #598
Stazon Splitcoast

We are getting a storm with lots of rain here. I hope it continues to rain for a while. We sure need it. I just hope we are getting this at home and it's not just one of those pop-up storms and then disappears.

Old 07-25-2011, 10:48 AM   #599
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I AM at home and wish I could play with paper! Instead I am taping walls and scrubbing floorboards in preparation for painting...

Hope your day continues to go quickly so you can get home and play!

Good luck getting everything accomplished Jeaneen!!

Old 07-25-2011, 10:52 AM   #600
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Absolutely! Work is somewhat slow today so I'm looking for things to do which is making the day go slower! And not having my own glasses is not helping! I am definitely getting a headache! Can't wait until I get home!

It is lightning and thundering VERY loudly up here in NE Balto., and raining heavily. I'm glad it is doing it now and not while I'm driving home.