Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-22-2011, 05:12 AM   #481
Forum Fanatic

Good Morning Everyone! Angie, I'm glad your horseback riding class was cancelled, can't be good for them or you. I'm running out this morning so I can get back before it gets even worse. Everyone, stay safe today! Can't wait to see everyone tomorrow!

My Blog:GoldenPaperDreams
My avatar is one of our rescued Goldens, Sabrae!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-22-2011, 05:14 AM   #482
Pearl-ExPert

Good morning ladies.....President Obama is holding a town hall meeting across the street today and I would love to have gone but have other obligations. I need to leave early as they are closing Rt 1 and I need to get home to get Larry to treatment. This will be a mess with the cops and the traffic. Please, as Theresa said, I don't want anyone falling with heat stroke. Isn't she just the sweetest to worry about us whild on va ca siooon! Wish I was on va ca shiooon! Have a good day, stay out of the heat and see everyone tomorrow.......looking forward to getting just the perfect gift! Such fun we have. Michelle, no excuses, busy or not, you can stop in and say hi for a brief minute so we know you are okay.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:21 AM   #483
Pearl-ExPert

Thank-you for the challenge!
WT332, F4A74, Generic Dog Card by Diamondangelfish - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

CHECK OUT THIS CARD ON TODAY'S CHALLENGE. iT IS SO DARN CUTE! fOR THE DOG LOVERS.....YOU WILL SWOON!
Old 07-22-2011, 05:50 AM   #484
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Good morning, we have our eldest grandson visiting today. Our son works for a pool maintenance company so hoping to take him to one of their pools.

Stay cool as best as you can.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:26 AM   #485
Pearl-ExPert

Kathi, if the ac isnt working can you deliver my lunch to my car? LOL.
Caterina, enjoy your visit w/grandson. How old is he? Now that mine are teens I dont see much of them. yes, that is a whine you hear in my voice and a recurring whine at that!
Michelle - hope to see you one of these days. you WILL be at the swap right?????
Im glad all the sports and horesriding have been cancelled. I dont plan on going out except to take out trash. Of course the last time I took it out I fell and tore up my arm. I wish Toby was bigger. I could make him saddle bags.
Stay cool.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:34 AM   #486
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

We have four grandchildren - a granddaughter who will be 21 in October, her half-brother who is visiting will become a teenager in November. Our son has two boys who are in Poland right now with mommy visiting family and they will soon turn 6 and 4.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:08 AM   #487
Gabfest Goddess

Send a message via Yahoo to AmandaW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathi127 View Post
Are you having problems with your a/c? I know you usually keep your house on the cold side! I think mine has been running non-stop today, I had to put it on 70 while I was cleaning and I still sweated like a pig!
No but if it's going to breakdown it will be today! lol Cupcakes in the oven before it gets to hot... Kids are already hanging around the kitchen.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:38 AM   #488
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by armymomof3boys View Post
Don't divorce me!... I am still in-love with my MD Stampers! I am around just CRAZY busy! Miss you ladies and am jealous of all the get togethers I have missed! Can't wait to see everyone in August at the SBS!!
Guess you can't divorce blood relations...oh, wait, we're not blood relations! Miss you and can't wait to see you in August!
Old 07-22-2011, 07:41 AM   #489
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, goodness...I think we could melt off some fat out there today! I ran out to the store real quick and at 9:50am, my car thermometer read 95. YIKES!! I'm having lunch with a friend today...looking forward to tomorrow!!
Old 07-22-2011, 08:30 AM   #490
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrahx2 View Post
Good morning ladies.....President Obama is holding a town hall meeting across the street today and I would love to have gone but have other obligations. I need to leave early as they are closing Rt 1
Thanks for the head's up on this! I work near BWI but live in Rockville and this could make for messy driving, depending on the times.

Last edited by pinkgeek; 07-22-2011 at 08:47 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 07-22-2011, 09:33 AM   #491
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Good morning ladies.....President Obama is holding a town hall meeting across the street today and I would love to have gone but have other obligations. I need to leave early as they are closing Rt 1 and I need to get home to get Larry to treatment. This will be a mess with the cops and the traffic. Please, as Theresa said, I don't want anyone falling with heat stroke. Isn't she just the sweetest to worry about us whild on va ca siooon! Wish I was on va ca shiooon! Have a good day, stay out of the heat and see everyone tomorrow.......looking forward to getting just the perfect gift! Such fun we have. Michelle, no excuses, busy or not, you can stop in and say hi for a brief minute so we know you are okay.
I will from now on Jane!... I have been a bad girl!... I am blaming it on the kids!
Old 07-22-2011, 09:40 AM   #492
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmGee458 View Post
Guess you can't divorce blood relations...oh, wait, we're not blood relations! Miss you and can't wait to see you in August!
Yes!... I will be at the August swap Rose and Mary!!... looking forward to seeing everyone!!... Don't melt tomorrow at lunch!... we have football from 9am till 11am; Sat let's see if that gets cancelled!?... Corey (dh) is coaching this year for our oldest; I am team mom for the 9yr olds and My 11 ur old picked a different team than his brothers this year!... yep 3 different football teams!... I told work to expect to see me much for awhile!!...

ps Amanda your team owes me and Joanna one!... Coach Perry wanted to meet outside tonight for the uniform fittings!... I told Joanna to suggest the neighborhood center!... yep sure ya'll could appriciate a/c tonight!!
Old 07-22-2011, 10:12 AM   #493
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by armymomof3boys View Post
Yes!... I will be at the August swap Rose and Mary!!... looking forward to seeing everyone!!... Don't melt tomorrow at lunch!... we have football from 9am till 11am; Sat let's see if that gets cancelled!?... Corey (dh) is coaching this year for our oldest; I am team mom for the 9yr olds and My 11 ur old picked a different team than his brothers this year!... yep 3 different football teams!... I told work to expect to see me much for awhile!!...

ps Amanda your team owes me and Joanna one!... Coach Perry wanted to meet outside tonight for the uniform fittings!... I told Joanna to suggest the neighborhood center!... yep sure ya'll could appriciate a/c tonight!!
THANK YOU! It was such a good idea. Yep after the couple of stamping commitments I have on the books already I'll be a little MIA until end of season, and I only have two in football! I'm glad to see that they have all the teams practicing in the same area. That rocks for the parents. Maybe we can get the ladies to come to some games! That would be fun.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:18 AM   #494
Gabfest Goddess

Well just watched the rodeo.... My nephew and his partner got another no time. Donnie roped the head but Reed missed the feet. I'm sure they are a couple of sad cowboys right about now. Hope they get another shot next year. I'm sure they will! So they're packing up and getting ready to start back to IL. Hope they get that killer 8mpg's back! lol
Old 07-22-2011, 10:22 AM   #495
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaW View Post
THANK YOU! It was such a good idea. Yep after the couple of stamping commitments I have on the books already I'll be a little MIA until end of season, and I only have two in football! I'm glad to see that they have all the teams practicing in the same area. That rocks for the parents. Maybe we can get the ladies to come to some games! That would be fun.
I am kinda jealous!... sounds like a fun event!... good team bonding!... we have a farewell dinner tonight for a friend of ours that is deploying Sunday... we are going to Fogo de Chao... I promise not to eat till I blow!
Old 07-22-2011, 10:45 AM   #496
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi girls! This time tomorrow we'll be at Kathi's hooting it up I'm sure. I can't wait.

Leaving at 3:00 today to run errands for work - bank, MVA, Office Depot. Will be a hot afternoon in and out of the truck. Then off to the store to get some groceries and home to fix my pretzel salad for tomorrow.

Kathi, is there anything else you can think of that you'll need tomorrow? If so, just holler.

Old 07-22-2011, 10:48 AM   #497
Stazon Splitcoast

Jane, hope you didn't have any problems getting out to take Larry for his treatment.

Amanda, how many cupcakes did the boys devour?

Caterina, hope you enjoyed the day with your grandson.

Kathi, have you told all your critters that they are gonna get invaded tomorrow?

Michelle, good to see you posting. Busy as usual I see.

Old 07-22-2011, 11:18 AM   #498
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Thank-you for the challenge!
WT332, F4A74, Generic Dog Card by Diamondangelfish - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

CHECK OUT THIS CARD ON TODAY'S CHALLENGE. iT IS SO DARN CUTE! fOR THE DOG LOVERS.....YOU WILL SWOON!
Huh? Need more info...
Old 07-22-2011, 11:33 AM   #499
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperpaws View Post
Huh? Need more info...
I think this is the card Jane was talking about:
Old 07-22-2011, 02:55 PM   #500
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

As always, we had a very nice time with our grandson. He loved the pool and got to meet a former Marine so he enjoyed himself. Did not stay all that long but was glad for the opportunity - this particular pool, actually pools, is extremely nice!!

Cindy, thank you soooo very much for your sweet card - you are so nice!
Thanks so much, too, for the offer of a ride and would love to come tomorrow but still not feeling up to par but please, please eat a bunch for me.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:20 PM   #501
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
As always, we had a very nice time with our grandson. He loved the pool and got to meet a former Marine so he enjoyed himself. Did not stay all that long but was glad for the opportunity - this particular pool, actually pools, is extremely nice!!

Thanks so much, too, for the offer of a ride and would love to come tomorrow but still not feeling up to par but please, please eat a bunch for me.
For THIS group, that won't be a problem! We love to eat!

So sorry that you're not feeling up to coming. We'll miss you! Hurry and feel better soon!!
Old 07-22-2011, 06:47 PM   #502
Mad Swapper

Where's the best place to get EZ Mount? I don't need alot, just a sheet or two so would it be easier to just order it from SU? It's $10.95 for 2 sheets.

The best things in life are the people we love, the places we've been and the memories we've made along the way - unknown

SCS Gallery

Check out my blog!!
Old 07-22-2011, 07:10 PM   #503
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyheypaula View Post
Where's the best place to get EZ Mount? I don't need alot, just a sheet or two so would it be easier to just order it from SU? It's $10.95 for 2 sheets.
I'll bring you some tomorrow.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:01 PM   #504
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
Hi girls! This time tomorrow we'll be at Kathi's hooting it up I'm sure. I can't wait.

Leaving at 3:00 today to run errands for work - bank, MVA, Office Depot. Will be a hot afternoon in and out of the truck. Then off to the store to get some groceries and home to fix my pretzel salad for tomorrow.

Kathi, is there anything else you can think of that you'll need tomorrow? If so, just holler.
Yes, please bring cooler weather!!!

Old 07-22-2011, 08:12 PM   #505
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
Jane, hope you didn't have any problems getting out to take Larry for his treatment.

Amanda, how many cupcakes did the boys devour?

Caterina, hope you enjoyed the day with your grandson.

[COLOR=#800080]Kathi, have you told all your critters that they are gonna get invaded tomorrow?[/COLOR]

Michelle, good to see you posting. Busy as usual I see.
Yes, and they can't wait to see everyone! And everyone be warned, they are all big moochers so they will sit in front of you and look pitiful so you'll give them some of whatever you're eating!

Old 07-22-2011, 08:13 PM   #506
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmGee458 View Post
That is an awesome card!!

Old 07-22-2011, 08:18 PM   #507
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post

Caterina, I'm sorry you are still not feeling well enough to join us, we will miss you! Hopefully you'll be feeling better very soon so you can join us at a future get together!

Old 07-22-2011, 09:07 PM   #508
Insane Embellisher

What time does the cookout start again? Is it 11 a.m.?
Old 07-22-2011, 10:31 PM   #509
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Angie, it starts at 12:00 noon. See you then!

Old 07-23-2011, 05:18 AM   #510
Pearl-ExPert

NormallyI do not get involved with politics or bug Government,but this is just ridiculous.

You may recall me mentioning my oldest cousin and one of her kids with all the medical issues. well a few months ago her transplant was put on indefinite hold( and no I do not blame the gubmint for this, that is squarely on my cousin's shoulders and her lack of parenting skills, but I digress).

she has had a full time job with bennies for ,gosh.. over ten years. it's not a great job( cake decorator at Kroger) but it was full time and flexible enough to let her take Christy to dialysis and all her various and sundry doctors. well her medical insurance of course was insufficient to cover all needs as she has gotten worse so she went to Medicaid for help.

know what they told her? because she had a worked for so long and had benefits she was not eligible for a single dime they literally TOLD HER to quit her job and find one that was half the hours that did not provide benefits. she has 5 kids, the oldest in in college and the youngest is 5. she is NOT married although she is living with someone( who BTW isn't a babydaddy to any of 'em)

so she had to quit her job.. in this economy, just to be able to afford to keep her child alive for the next year( she has been given only about 18 months to live as it is) and STILL try and keep the rest of her family fed clothed and under a roof. on half the pay. even though she now qualifies for food stamps it is still a huge pay cut overall.

sad part is I was told the exact same thing 20 years ago.. I was single, white had no kids but because I had a full time job( and I could not afford the insurance premiums for) I was ineligible for any assistance. I could barely pay my el cheapo rent, I did not drive or even take public transport.. I walked to work. skipped more meals than I ate since I could't afford groceries. all I wanted was basic medical so I could get my arthritis meds. she literally told me I needed to be a black single mother with at least 3 kids before I could qualify. and people wonder why no one gets off welfare any more....
Old 07-23-2011, 05:28 AM   #511
Forum Fanatic

I hear ya DM! This country is so screwed up, it's really sad. I know this sounds morbid but DH and I both say we are glad we are on our way out, we would not want to be a young person coming up in the world today, they have way more challenges ahead of them than we've ever had. I really worry abouy what life will be like for my grandchildren. And these idiots in Washington are just making things worse for everyone.

Old 07-23-2011, 05:32 AM   #512
Forum Fanatic

Good Morning Ladies! I am so ready for a fun day! The a/c is working good so we will be nice and cool! Can't wait to see everyone!

Also, before I forget, I received another adorable card yesterday from my SS! With all our talk of bikinis, she made me a very appropriate card! I finally got the lithium batteries for the camera so will post pics of all the cards this weekend! Thanks SS for such a cute card, I just love everything about it! It will also be on display in my LR with the others for everyone to see that will be here today!

See you all soon!

Old 07-23-2011, 06:05 AM   #513
Pearl-ExPert

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsjvb View Post
NormallyI do not get involved with politics or bug Government,but this is just ridiculous.

You may recall me mentioning my oldest cousin and one of her kids with all the medical issues. well a few months ago her transplant was put on indefinite hold( and no I do not blame the gubmint for this, that is squarely on my cousin's shoulders and her lack of parenting skills, but I digress).

she has had a full time job with bennies for ,gosh.. over ten years. it's not a great job( cake decorator at Kroger) but it was full time and flexible enough to let her take Christy to dialysis and all her various and sundry doctors. well her medical insurance of course was insufficient to cover all needs as she has gotten worse so she went to Medicaid for help.

know what they told her? because she had a worked for so long and had benefits she was not eligible for a single dime they literally TOLD HER to quit her job and find one that was half the hours that did not provide benefits. she has 5 kids, the oldest in in college and the youngest is 5. she is NOT married although she is living with someone( who BTW isn't a babydaddy to any of 'em)

so she had to quit her job.. in this economy, just to be able to afford to keep her child alive for the next year( she has been given only about 18 months to live as it is) and STILL try and keep the rest of her family fed clothed and under a roof. on half the pay. even though she now qualifies for food stamps it is still a huge pay cut overall.

sad part is I was told the exact same thing 20 years ago.. I was single, white had no kids but because I had a full time job( and I could not afford the insurance premiums for) I was ineligible for any assistance. I could barely pay my el cheapo rent, I did not drive or even take public transport.. I walked to work. skipped more meals than I ate since I could't afford groceries. all I wanted was basic medical so I could get my arthritis meds. she literally told me I needed to be a black single mother with at least 3 kids before I could qualify. and people wonder why no one gets off welfare any more....
This just makes me sick. Vote the bums out!!
Old 07-23-2011, 06:09 AM   #514
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Good question Angie, I had just got on here to find out the same thing. Can't wait. See everyone soon.
Old 07-23-2011, 06:22 AM   #515
Pearl-ExPert

I'll be sure and bring my cover up since you will have the A/c on heheheh

I am also bringing the list for the Bring Back my Bar flavors. last day to order will be next Saturday.

a 6 pack is $25 if you have it sent to me and are not in a rush to get them or $32 if you want it sent directly to you. (only one s+h charge if you get more than one 6 pack)
Old 07-23-2011, 06:40 AM   #516
Pearl-ExPert

Good morning.
All packed and ready to go! Desserts made, gift wrapped. Not sure if I will wear the flourscent orange bikini or the yellow polka dot, it's teeny weeny.
Caterina, sorry you wont be joining us and hope you are feeling better every day.
Old 07-23-2011, 06:58 AM   #517
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsjvb View Post

sad part is I was told the exact same thing 20 years ago.. I was single,
white had no kids but because I had a full time job( and I could not afford the insurance premiums for) I was ineligible for any assistance. I could barely pay my el cheapo rent, I did not drive or even take public transport.. I walked to work. skipped more meals than I ate since I could't afford groceries. all I wanted was basic medical so I could get my arthritis meds. she literally told me I needed to be a black single mother with at least 3 kids before I could qualify. and people wonder why no one gets off welfare any more....

So so sorry. Fully understand how you feel. Have lived long enough to see how terribly sad things have become over the years and my heart hurts for my children and grandchildren. Btw, it took years to finally get disability to approve my case - they automatically turn down everyone and then you have to go through the long appeal process. Also a study was recently done that I read stating that Medicare/Medicaid deny medical procedures, meds, etc. more than all the private health insurance companies combined.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:01 AM   #518
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose0165 View Post
Good morning.
All packed and ready to go! Desserts made, gift wrapped. Not sure if I will wear the flourscent orange bikini or the yellow polka dot, it's teeny weeny.
Caterina, sorry you wont be joining us and hope you are feeling better every day.

Thanks so much sweetie - will hopefully make a gathering one day so I can meet all you wonderful ladies.

Have a great time!!!
Old 07-23-2011, 08:21 AM   #519
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaW View Post
I'll bring you some tomorrow.
Thank you Amanda.

The best things in life are the people we love, the places we've been and the memories we've made along the way - unknown

SCS Gallery

Check out my blog!!
Old 07-23-2011, 08:23 AM   #520
Mad Swapper

On my way out the door. See everyone soon. Let the fun begin!!

SCS Gallery

Check out my blog!!