Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-27-2012, 04:40 AM   #4961
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks for your kindness and prayers for my firend and her daughter. What makes it even more tragic is that she won a 3 year battle with cancer just last year. Fortunately, she has a large, loving family that will provide a good home for the daughter.

I think sometimes we get messages from the Lord reminding us of how much we have to be grateful for. I know I hugged my daughter a little tighter last night.

On a lighter note, it going to take me days to catch up with all the threads that are being talked about here.

Happy Birthday Kathi!

Wonky hand? Maybe that's what I have. Can it be a chronic condition characterized by clumsiness, slowness and lack of creativity? Is that why I still can't color within the lines? And 2-step stamping is only a dream?

https://scentsfromsue.scentsy.us
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-27-2012, 04:47 AM   #4962
Pearl-ExPert

Good morning on a rainy day. Hope it doesnt rain all day. I need to take Tobes to the dog place for a bath. Hate the thought of doing it as I know he will not like it. Ive never taken him there. But he needs that allergy shampoo on. The rain just gives me another excuse.
i bought a carousel thing yesterday at Michaels to try to keep my copics separated but it seems so much bigger in my room then it did in the store. I like having them separated tho. I ant to organize some of the my other stuff that has been just kind of tossed around. How does everyone keep their spellbinder/nestabilities, etc dies stored.

Well, off to the
Old 01-27-2012, 05:15 AM   #4963
Gabfest Goddess

Send a message via Yahoo to AmandaW

Rose here is mine. This is a Really Useful Box, 3L size from Office Max (I think) by M's in Arundel. I cut magnate sheets to fit the box. It works...it's heavy as all get out tho.
Attached Thumbnails
img_0921.jpg   img_0920.jpg  
Old 01-27-2012, 05:16 AM   #4964
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by susane4 View Post
Thanks for your kindness and prayers for my firend and her daughter. What makes it even more tragic is that she won a 3 year battle with cancer just last year. Fortunately, she has a large, loving family that will provide a good home for the daughter.

I think sometimes we get messages from the Lord reminding us of how much we have to be grateful for. I know I hugged my daughter a little tighter last night.

On a lighter note, it going to take me days to catch up with all the threads that are being talked about here.

Happy Birthday Kathi!

Wonky hand? Maybe that's what I have. Can it be a chronic condition characterized by clumsiness, slowness and lack of creativity? Is that why I still can't color within the lines? And 2-step stamping is only a dream?
I missed that post so very sorry to hear this sad news. 2012 has been a crazy year already.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:12 AM   #4965
Pearl-ExPert

Gloria, thank you for making me soooo skinny. I looove it. Never been there, but its always good to dream and fantasize right?
Amanda, so each set is on a magnetic thingy (like for heat grates). No wonder its so heavy. LOL.
Just got back from giving Toby a bath at the bath place. He was good once I got him up there. Fortunately they have a ramp and not steps. I couldnt get him moved around in there very good so I can only hope the other side of him is rinsed off good. Of course I left his special shampoo there. Have to call after another look in the car. I have go out and get his bag of food I buy there. He is so curly now cause I dont know how to groom him. I just tried to brush him but he wasnt too excited about it and Im worn out just from doing the bath. Had to change my shirt of course. I didnt blow dry him cause his skin is so dry. Oh well, its done!
It is almost hot today. At least w/a coat on. I took T's coat w/me to put on cause I didnt want him wet in the cold. Right. Im sweating like a pig, but thats just me. I did just hear a big gust of wind tho. Couldnt imagine what the noise was. At least I hope it was wind and not my condo falling apart.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:15 AM   #4966
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KATHI!!!
Old 01-27-2012, 08:48 AM   #4967
Gabfest Goddess

Just got off the phone with my mom. They are on their way home. His bloodsuger keeps going way high then way low...but other than that he's doing well. They told him he's going to make major diet changes. He's not being very cooperative.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:54 AM   #4968
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaW View Post
Just got off the phone with my mom. They are on their way home. His bloodsuger keeps going way high then way low...but other than that he's doing well. They told him he's going to make major diet changes. He's not being very cooperative.
Thats a man for you.

Looks like I won't be coming to the SAS sunday. I just got back from the Drs and I have a severe sinus infection and the flu. No wonder I have felt so crappy. I didn't even realize I had a fever and it is no wonder I couldn't hear Jim. I had a piece of wax in my ear that made Mount Renier look small. completely closed my ear. It almost caused a divorce here. I kept telling Jim "what" I accused him of talking softly and he kept telling me to get my ears checked.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:56 AM   #4969
Pearl-ExPert

Happy Birthday, Kathi.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:01 AM   #4970
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:

Sorry
Old 01-27-2012, 10:03 AM   #4971
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ougot2 View Post
Thats a man for you.

Looks like I won't be coming to the SAS sunday. I just got back from the Drs and I have a severe sinus infection and the flu. No wonder I have felt so crappy. I didn't even realize I had a fever and it is no wonder I couldn't hear Jim. I had a piece of wax in my ear that made Mount Renier look small. completely closed my ear. It almost caused a divorce here. I kept telling Jim "what" I accused him of talking softly and he kept telling me to get my ears checked.

I have a tendency to say "what" a lot... Reynold tells me a need a hearing aid.....Feel better.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:09 AM   #4972
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Thats a man for you.

feel better soon! Sure doesn't sound like fun. ( . ) ( . ) hugs
Old 01-27-2012, 10:46 AM   #4973
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Thats a man for you.

Aww, so sorry you're sick and that you'll miss Sunday. Good to know you really weren't going deaf!
Old 01-27-2012, 12:30 PM   #4974
Pearl-ExPert

Gloria, take care. Hope you are feeling better soon. Will definitely miss you sun. Do you have the flu where you are sick to your stomach or" just" achy. Im just wondering if the flu has started yet. Guess it has if that's what you have. Duh. Can you hear better w/the mountain out of your ear?
Mary - was wondering where you have been. haven seen you on here much lately.
Everyone have a good evening.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:29 PM   #4975
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose0165 View Post
Gloria, take care. Hope you are feeling better soon. Will definitely miss you sun. Do you have the flu where you are sick to your stomach or" just" achy. Im just wondering if the flu has started yet. Guess it has if that's what you have. Duh. Can you hear better w/the mountain out of your ear?
Mary - was wondering where you have been. haven seen you on here much lately.
Everyone have a good evening.
I'm still here- since last Saturday when I had my teeth out, I can't seem to get enough sleep- don't know whether it was the anesthesia they used to put me out or what...I'm finally starting to feel "awake" now! Just in time for Sunday!!
Old 01-27-2012, 03:34 PM   #4976
Matboard Maniac

Happy Birthday, Kathi! Hope you are out celebrating up a storm.

Pete
Old 01-27-2012, 04:21 PM   #4977
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

My Uncle is the same way. he nearly died about 3 months ago, ended up with a major infection on his naughty bits . he's now lopsided....
Old 01-27-2012, 04:35 PM   #4978
Forum Fanatic

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes! I've received some very beautiful cards, I will have to post them soon!

Gloria, I'm so sorry you have the flu and a sinus infection to boot! I will miss seeing you on Sunday!

Amanda, glad your step-dad is doing well enough to come home! Typical man, they never want to listen to the doctor!

Rose, now that you've finished bathing Toby can you come by here and pick Sammy up and take him too? He should have had a bath at least a week ago but I've been too lazy to take him myself!

My Blog:GoldenPaperDreams
My avatar is one of our rescued Goldens, Sabrae!
Old 01-27-2012, 04:41 PM   #4979
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamperpete View Post
Happy Birthday, Kathi! Hope you are out celebrating up a storm.

Pete
Unfortunately this 'ol girl is too tired to celebrate! And I couldn't even if I wanted to, I have to go in to work for a few hours tomorrow! Ugh!!! Retirement is looking better and better everyday, especially now that I can apply for Social Security!

Old 01-27-2012, 05:09 PM   #4980
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
... How does everyone keep their spellbinder/nestabilities, etc dies stored.
Rose, I store mine in Super Jewel Box King DVD Cases I get online from Sleeve City. I pull out the inside piece and line it with a magnet sheet cut to fit.

I also use these same cases to store my clear stamps and some non-wood mounted rubber stamps.
Attached Thumbnails
100_1267.jpg   100_1268.jpg  
Old 01-27-2012, 05:39 PM   #4981
Die Cut Diva

Gloria, I hope you feel better soon!

Rose, where do you take Toby that has a raised tub and ramp? I might actually be able to give Luke a bath myself if I could go somewhere like that. I can't do it at home in the tub because it is so hard on my back.

My Gallery
Old 01-27-2012, 07:59 PM   #4982
Pearl-ExPert

Angie - are those regular size? Im not sure what a Super jewel box is. I have some of mine in CD cases and I like them, but now Ive gotten some that are too big. I also have some in the boxes/containers that SU unmounteds come in. I like them too as you can put the picture in with it. I alsodid that w/the cd cases but had to cut them down.
Theresa, there is a place across the street from me in Columbia on Snowden River Pkway called dogs and company (dogsandcompany.com). Im not sure where Kathi takes hers.
Kathi, you are much more experienced with the dog bathing so I think you should do both of ours. Im worried I didnt rinse him good enough altho I kept rinsing. His hair is a mess tho. Ive never had a dog with curly hair. He looks weird especially where the hair is missing from the allergies. LOL.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:16 AM   #4983
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, ladies!! It's pretty out, but a little chilly, yet. I've gotten my bathroom scrubbed (well, all but the floor), 2 loads of laundry done and the dishwasher unloaded. Not a bad start...but still much to do! I have to have my house half-way presentable (at least that is the plan) for when Paula and Laureen meet me here tomorrow to drive to the SAS... I'm still working on my 31-day fling for January but I have to admit that I did miss about a week between being sick and then the wisdom teeth. Oh, well, it'll be there when I get to it!

All this talk about giving dogs baths makes me almost happy I don't have one! ;D I do go get to bond with my grandkitties today. I'm checking on them while DS is away this weekend.

Hope you all have a great day and I'll see many of you tomorrow!!!
Old 01-28-2012, 06:38 AM   #4984
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmGee458 View Post
Good morning, ladies!! It's pretty out, but a little chilly, yet. I've gotten my bathroom scrubbed (well, all but the floor), 2 loads of laundry done and the dishwasher unloaded. Not a bad start...but still much to do! I have to have my house half-way presentable (at least that is the plan) for when Paula and Laureen meet me here tomorrow to drive to the SAS... I'm still working on my 31-day fling for January but I have to admit that I did miss about a week between being sick and then the wisdom teeth. Oh, well, it'll be there when I get to it!

All this talk about giving dogs baths makes me almost happy I don't have one! ;D I do go get to bond with my grandkitties today. I'm checking on them while DS is away this weekend.

Hope you all have a great day and I'll see many of you tomorrow!!!
Mary, you don't have to clean for me. You'd think I'd have a clean house all the time since I'm retired, but housework is not high on my priority list. I'd rather stamp or read or play on the computer!!

The best things in life are the people we love, the places we've been and the memories we've made along the way - unknown

SCS Gallery

Check out my blog!!
Old 01-28-2012, 07:11 AM   #4985
Mad Swapper

Hey girls, I'm back in the Pig Pen...I'm a Bacon Bit again! Check it out

Oink! Oink!

The best things in life are the people we love, the places we've been and the memories we've made along the way - unknown

SCS Gallery

Check out my blog!!
Old 01-28-2012, 08:46 AM   #4986
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyheypaula View Post
Mary, you don't have to clean for me. You'd think I'd have a clean house all the time since I'm retired, but housework is not high on my priority list. I'd rather stamp or read or play on the computer!!
I don't think housework is anywhere on my list! I've been digging through cabinets and closets and piling stuff up to go through or get rid of...and there it sits...my kitchen floor desperately needs scrubbing but I can't be bothered!
Old 01-28-2012, 08:47 AM   #4987
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Hey girls, I'm back in the Pig Pen...I'm a Bacon Bit again! Check it out

Oink! Oink!
Yay!!!!!!
Old 01-28-2012, 09:41 AM   #4988
Pearl-ExPert

Just had a good idea for a BFF whose husband has stage 4 kidney cancer that has spread. I want to make her a journal. She likes to write and used to journal a lot but I dont think she's done it for years. So I really think she would use it with some encouragement. I just want to cover a notebook of some kind and maybe put a little flower stamp or something on a few pages. OK, my question, what is the best book to buy for this? I think a bound book of some kind rather than a binder. Maybe I'll swing by Staples or something. For some reason it just popped intomy head. She doesnt live in the area any longer and is truly missing someone to chat w/about her personal issues. She is a pretty private person except w/close friends. Husband has never been a prize so Im sure it wont get better. LOL.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:18 AM   #4989
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Just had a good idea for a BFF whose husband has stage 4 kidney cancer that has spread. I want to make her a journal. She likes to write and used to journal a lot but I dont think she's done it for years. So I really think she would use it with some encouragement. I just want to cover a notebook of some kind and maybe put a little flower stamp or something on a few pages. OK, my question, what is the best book to buy for this? I think a bound book of some kind rather than a binder. Maybe I'll swing by Staples or something. For some reason it just popped intomy head. She doesnt live in the area any longer and is truly missing someone to chat w/about her personal issues. She is a pretty private person except w/close friends. Husband has never been a prize so Im sure it wont get better. LOL.
Rose I think this is a great idea. I'm sure she would love it.

SCS Gallery

Check out my blog!!
Old 01-28-2012, 12:07 PM   #4990
Matboard Maniac

For sure, cleaning house has never been on my priority list. Although today, I spent most of the day sorting through paperwork that had accumulated and updating accounts on the computer. I needed to get it in order so I will have it ready for doing income taxes. Yuck, it was no fun. So, I'm looking forward to tomorrow for play time with all you ladies! LOL.

Pete
Old 01-28-2012, 12:08 PM   #4991
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
This is a wonderful idea. What about a composition note book. The spine would be black and the covers would be easy to cover. You could get a clear pen and insert paper to match the binder.

Last edited by Ougot2; 01-28-2012 at 12:23 PM..
Old 01-28-2012, 12:22 PM   #4992
Pearl-ExPert

I just got the new catalog by Stamps by Judith and Heather. I am loving it. I can see an order going out soon.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:05 PM   #4993
Gabfest Goddess

Great idea Rose! She will love it.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:08 PM   #4994
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
I'd rather stamp or read or play on the computer!!
Amen Sistah!

My Gallery
Old 01-28-2012, 04:10 PM   #4995
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmGee458 View Post
...my kitchen floor desperately needs scrubbing but I can't be bothered!
My kitchen floor desperately needs REPLACING, and I have finally set a date for that. Now I need to measure and choose the tile etc before my volunteer helpers show up!

My Gallery
Old 01-28-2012, 04:13 PM   #4996
Die Cut Diva

Rose, I know pretty much where that is and Luke loves a car ride. I'm going to have to choose a date and get him cleaned up. This $40-50 grooming charge is killing me. He's really got coarse, short hair so drying should be easy too. Do they need to see proof of rabies vaccination or anything the first time?

My Gallery
Old 01-28-2012, 06:12 PM   #4997
Forum Fanatic

Ladies, I don't think I'm going to make it tomorrow. I started feeling bad at work today and as the day has gone on it hasn't gotten any better. I've got a sore throat and have been coughing all day. I definitely feel like I'm coming down with something and I sure don't want to pass it on to any of you. I am really going to miss stamping and seeing everyone tomorrow. Can someone post pics of what you guys make? I know you all will have fun!

Old 01-28-2012, 07:04 PM   #4998
Pearl-ExPert

Kathi, that sounds just like how I started out. The ear that he removed the wax from is bleeding a little today. I wonder if he scratched something or do I have an ear infection too. Who knows. I will just be glad to have my nose stop running.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:14 PM   #4999
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathi127 View Post
Ladies, I don't think I'm going to make it tomorrow. I started feeling bad at work today and as the day has gone on it hasn't gotten any better. I've got a sore throat and have been coughing all day. I definitely feel like I'm coming down with something and I sure don't want to pass it on to any of you. I am really going to miss stamping and seeing everyone tomorrow. Can someone post pics of what you guys make? I know you all will have fun!
Kathi, we'll miss you. Hope you feel better soon.

SCS Gallery

Check out my blog!!
Old 01-28-2012, 08:30 PM   #5000
Pearl-ExPert

Oh no. a get together without Gloria OR Kathi. Wow. But hope you are both feeling better soon. Guess its that time of year. Bummer for you and us. Will miss you both.
Theresa, they didnt ask for anything. The bath is $15 and they have shampoo, towels and blow dryer in a private room w/a door so it doesnt matter if the dog is lose in there. In their old place, it wasnt as private and I was afraid Zoe would run off since she didnt have a leash on.
I will have to work the journal next week. maybe some pretty paper w/nice flowers on it. And definitely a matching pen Gloria. Was thinking how I could attach it somehow or make a little pocket or something.
See most of you tomorrow.