Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-19-2011, 01:59 PM   #4081
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaW View Post
It was a mess over the weekend. One of my friends was stuck on 175 for over 2 hours trying to get onto post...trying to get to her house. Wish people would realize we LIVE here Ft Meade is home to a lot of families. Sucks not being able to leave for fear of what your exposing your children to. Protest all you want but keep it family friendly.

Amanda, so agree!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-19-2011, 02:33 PM   #4082
Pearl-ExPert

Glad to hear that the ears were fine. Are these tests for his speech?

I will check the Michaels on Snowden Parkway for the feet or maybe I can get Miki to do it.

I bought a 55" television today. My husband wanted to get one so the kids could play Wii on it. The plan was to put it in the basement. Little did we know how much planning it was going to take. Well, we have gotten it down there but that basement has been a catch all for years now. Man what a mess. Its going to take us all winter to straighten it out. Those kids would be taking their lives in their hands to go down there to play. I never realized what a mess it was. But it will be nice to have all their play things down there after I de junk and the upstairs for me. We have a tread mill, a bike, weight bench and some kind of big thing to lift weights with. Plus all the stuff the kids didn't take with them when they left and junk we have collected. I know there must be spiders and spider crickets. Eeeek. So why did we start this at Christmas time. I need better meds if we are going to do these kinds of things.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:50 PM   #4083
Insane Embellisher

Ever wonder what the little name under your SCS name means? Learned this on another forum:

These are the SCS Post Ranks.
0 Cardstock Collector
10 Glitter Queen
25 Compulsive Stamper
50 Embossing Fanatic
75 Inking Addict
100 Rubber Obsessor
200 Matboard Maniac
350 Kookie Creator
500 Polyshrink Goddess
750 Insane Embellisher
1,000 Crimping Master
1,250 Stampin' Fool
1,500 Mad Swapper
2,000 Pearl-ExPert
3,000 Die Cut Diva
4,000 Hardware Hotshot
5,000 Glitter Guru
6,000 Gallery Gazer
7,000 Gabfest Goddess
8,000 Watercolor Wizard
9,000 Forum Fanatic
10,000 Stazon Splitcoast
20,000 Choose your own title!

So, there you have it!
Old 12-19-2011, 05:16 PM   #4084
Die Cut Diva

>3,000 Die Cut Diva

Whoa. I'd better get posting, LOL. I'm more of a Punching Fool......

My Gallery
Old 12-19-2011, 07:06 PM   #4085
Pearl-ExPert

Well, Im a mad swapper! I better get busy too. Most are pearl expert!
Gloria, I can just see you guys toting that tv downstairs and trying to find a place for it. Sounds like you guys have your next project cut out for you. Sounds like you have a whole gym down there! I dont envy you that job.
I finally did some cleaning today and feel better now. I think I just had too much going on in my little brain cell thats left. One step at a time for the feeble brained.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:56 AM   #4086
Gabfest Goddess

Send a message via Yahoo to AmandaW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose0165 View Post
Hi all.
Amanda, glad Nates ears are good. Why did you think he had a problem?
Are the protesters still at Ft Meade? Is the trial over? I havnt beenpaying much attention to the news.
Got some stuff done at Walmart today after Dr visit. Even got a parking spot in the first lane closest to the door. asnt too bad when I went in but of course when I went to check out there were lots of lines. Ive been there when it was worse tho.
Anyhow, I feel like I got something accomplished not matter how minor.
His speech therapist recommended getting him checked. I think the trial is still going but as of yesterday the protesters had cleared out...at least when I was out at lunch time.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:57 AM   #4087
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperpaws View Post
Amanda...how far is 175 backed up? I'm supposed to meet my friend at the Ledos up there tomorrow. Can I get that far from the B/W parkway? What about people coming down Reese toward the base...can they get down Reese to turn onto 175?
I think it's cleared out now.
Old 12-20-2011, 03:00 AM   #4088
Gabfest Goddess

Good morning! It's two down Tuesday! Hope everyone has a good day.

Angie, 20,000 Choose your own title! Is my new goal! lol Hmmm what will my title be....
Old 12-20-2011, 03:50 AM   #4089
Pearl-ExPert

Heart

Good Morning Stampers. The title's/posts should refer to cards not just chatter! Heck we chat a lot. I need to restart posting my cards. Make that a resolution for the new year. Amanda, I am glad to hear the folks cleared out and you got set free. Rose, good to hear you are getting back on top of things. Gloria, I did have to laugh but thinking of spider crickets.......ugghhh. Have a good Two-Down....we can do this, right!
Old 12-20-2011, 04:23 AM   #4090
Pearl-ExPert

"Can we do this" "Yes we can". (I quote from Geo Trax. )
Old 12-20-2011, 04:31 AM   #4091
Pearl-ExPert

Good news--Adam is looking for tax deductions so he is coming over sometime this week to take a load from my basement to the Salvation Army.

Yes, we had a kind of gym down there. Too bad we never used it.

Jim just about had a heart attack from frustration trying to hook up the tv down in the basement. He was down there probably an hour and a half trying to get it to work when I remembered that the cable guy years ago had cut the cable so we couldn't use a unauthorized hookup. lol He had cut it under the dropped ceiling so the cable just fell down in back of the wall. So the cable hookup didn't work at all even though the wire was still there. We are like Laurel and Hardy over here.

Today should be a fun day. James (3 years old) is having his school Christmas program. I can't wait. They are so cute. He was the star of the show last year. He was in the back row dancing and singing his heart out. He is loud if anything at all.

Last edited by Ougot2; 12-20-2011 at 04:37 AM..
Old 12-20-2011, 05:37 AM   #4092
Pearl-ExPert

Gloria, Jame's show sounds adorable. My son was always the loudest, even in elementary school. Its funny. The kids are very enthusiastic. I miss those days.
Thinking of those spider crickets (exterminator called them camel back crickets). Shudder. When Michelle and Jen lived with me one of us was always screaming when we had to go down to do our laundry.Ewwwwwwwwwwww. bad memory bad memory..
Funny too tho. We would laugh about it, even now.
Toby is very restless today. He got me up at 4:45 Am. He wont let me go back to sleep on the sofa. When he as sleeping I was up doing something and then decided tolay down and all of a sudden he was up and nudging me.
I will be going to meet some old friends for lunch today. i got confused and rescheduled groomer for today (he cancelled last time) so have to reschedule again. I hope he can do it this week. T stinks and I dont want to take him to the dog store and wash him. I dont have time. Remind me next year to not schedule ANYTHING
Old 12-20-2011, 05:38 AM   #4093
Pearl-ExPert

continued:
the week before Christmas. Guess I hit the reply key. Ooooops. That kinda day!
Well, I am going to put up my tree now. I can decorate it this afternoon. First decoration! Yay!
Have a good day eeryone. Talk to you later.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:35 AM   #4094
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Passed his hearing test. Right ear is perfect, left was on the lower side of normal but nothing that would be giving him issues. So we are back at square one. So glad he passed one less thing to stress about.

Good to hear he passed the test.

Old 12-20-2011, 07:36 AM   #4095
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
It was a mess over the weekend. One of my friends was stuck on 175 for over 2 hours trying to get onto post...trying to get to her house. Wish people would realize we LIVE here Ft Meade is home to a lot of families. Sucks not being able to leave for fear of what your exposing your children to. Protest all you want but keep it family friendly.

That's terrible. It's a shame that some people don't care about others anymore. Hopefully it won't last long and not be around for Christmas.

Old 12-20-2011, 07:40 AM   #4096
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ougot2 View Post

I will check the Michaels on Snowden Parkway for the feet or maybe I can get Miki to do it.

I bought a 55" television today. My husband wanted to get one so the kids could play Wii on it. The plan was to put it in the basement. Little did we know how much planning it was going to take. Well, we have gotten it down there but that basement has been a catch all for years now. Man what a mess. Its going to take us all winter to straighten it out. Those kids would be taking their lives in their hands to go down there to play. I never realized what a mess it was. But it will be nice to have all their play things down there after I de junk and the upstairs for me. We have a tread mill, a bike, weight bench and some kind of big thing to lift weights with. Plus all the stuff the kids didn't take with them when they left and junk we have collected. I know there must be spiders and spider crickets. Eeeek. So why did we start this at Christmas time. I need better meds if we are going to do these kinds of things.
You do have your work cut out for you. Good luck getting everything accomplished. When Dad and Mom were over on Sunday, he asked when I was going to get my stuff out of their basement that's been there for a long while. I pretended not to hear him. LOL I'm just glad those spiders and crickets stay in the basement and don't venture up into the other part of the house. I hate those things!

Old 12-20-2011, 07:41 AM   #4097
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I think it's cleared out now.

That's good. Hope they stay away and give you guys peace getting on and off base.

Old 12-20-2011, 07:43 AM   #4098
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Good news--Adam is looking for tax deductions so he is coming over sometime this week to take a load from my basement to the Salvation Army.

Jim just about had a heart attack from frustration trying to hook up the tv down in the basement. He was down there probably an hour and a half trying to get it to work when I remembered that the cable guy years ago had cut the cable so we couldn't use a unauthorized hookup. lol He had cut it under the dropped ceiling so the cable just fell down in back of the wall. So the cable hookup didn't work at all even though the wire was still there. We are like Laurel and Hardy over here.

Today should be a fun day. James (3 years old) is having his school Christmas program. I can't wait. They are so cute. He was the star of the show last year. He was in the back row dancing and singing his heart out. He is loud if anything at all.

Hopefully you can get the TV situation straightened out. Glad to hear you are getting some stuff removed. Yep, Good Will gets quite busy this time of year too with donations. I remember last year the first time ever that I had to wait in line to drop stuff off.

Enjoy the Christmas program. They are so cute at that age.

Old 12-20-2011, 07:45 AM   #4099
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
continued:
Well, I am going to put up my tree now. I can decorate it this afternoon. First decoration! Yay!

Enjoy your lunch and decorating your tree.

Old 12-20-2011, 09:23 AM   #4100
Pearl-ExPert

Heart

Gloria, all I could think of when you were describing your tv issues was Larry and I and the "pre-lit" tree. Larry being the electrician duh! I finally had to say to him, did you just do a circular connection to no power or something? Sure enough, nothing plugged into the wall. We both had to laugh! Work was a struggle today so tomorrow will have to be better because it is hump day. Cindy, so good to see your smile Sweetie! Rose, the tree! You go girl. Have fun today. Mary, Kathi and ther est of you, how are you doing? The village at QI looked quite cute when I saw it and there were some really nice houses!
Old 12-20-2011, 09:43 AM   #4101
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Passed his hearing test. Right ear is perfect, left was on the lower side of normal but nothing that would be giving him issues. So we are back at square one. So glad he passed one less thing to stress about.
So glad to hear that!!!

My Blog:GoldenPaperDreams
My avatar is one of our rescued Goldens, Sabrae!
Old 12-20-2011, 09:52 AM   #4102
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Gloria, your basement sounds like mine! Things we don't know what to do with end up down there! My washer and dryer are down there and whenever I do laundry those darn spider crickets jump out and scare the heck outta me! We call them sprickets! After the holidays DH and I have pledged to each other that we are going to get down there and start throwing stuff out and get the place organized.

Old 12-20-2011, 09:59 AM   #4103
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Those cable companies are mean like that not wanting customers to do unauthorized hookups! LOL

Enjoy the Christmas program! Those little ones are so cute and they surely do put their heart and soul into it! I miss those days too when my kids and grandkids were little at Christmas time!

Old 12-20-2011, 10:01 AM   #4104
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
continued:
Yay Rose!! I knew you'd get that tree up! Mine sat in the living room for a week before I put any decorations on it, just got that done over the weekend.

Old 12-20-2011, 10:08 AM   #4105
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
You do have your work cut out for you. Good luck getting everything accomplished. When Dad and Mom were over on Sunday, he asked when I was going to get my stuff out of their basement that's been there for a long while. I pretended not to hear him. LOL I'm just glad those spiders and crickets stay in the basement and don't venture up into the other part of the house. I hate those things!
You sound like my son. He completely ignores me when I ask him when he is getting his stuff out of the basement. Thats most of his junk down there. lol
Old 12-20-2011, 10:10 AM   #4106
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrahx2 View Post
Gloria, all I could think of when you were describing your tv issues was Larry and I and the "pre-lit" tree. Larry being the electrician duh! I finally had to say to him, did you just do a circular connection to no power or something? Sure enough, nothing plugged into the wall. We both had to laugh! Work was a struggle today so tomorrow will have to be better because it is hump day. Cindy, so good to see your smile Sweetie! Rose, the tree! You go girl. Have fun today. Mary, Kathi and ther est of you, how are you doing? The village at QI looked quite cute when I saw it and there were some really nice houses!
Jane, that is funny about Larry and the pre-lit tree! So sorry work wasn't so good today, I hope tomorrow will be better! Do you have Friday off? I took off again today, I still had to finish addressing Christmas cards so the last batch could go out in the mail tomorrow for all my local friends. And I needed to put two more calendars together for Christmas gifts for my mom and DH's aunt. Still have to get the gift cards and one other gift but I can do that before Sunday!

Old 12-20-2011, 10:15 AM   #4107
Pearl-ExPert

The Christmas program was so cute. Yes, James was the loudest again. His teacher said that in class he was always the loudest but that you never know how they will act when they get in front of a croud. She said she didn't have to worry. Him and a little girl that was standing beside him was singing their hearts out. They sang an Hawaiian song and they were all up there trying to do the hula and ride surf boards. lol Of course I had my camera on sport not video so I didn't get any of it. Where is my mind these days. Good thing Jeremy taped it.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:08 AM   #4108
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Hello to everyone! Hope you are having a good day. Hard to believe CHRISTMAS is nearly here.

Was grateful to be able to get my hair colored and cut at my friend's home.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:05 PM   #4109
Pearl-ExPert

Oh Gloria, your mind was right where it should have been, on enjoying the show! You were in the moment and that is a very good thing. I am sure he was adorable. Hope you can post a picture! Kathi, I am off Friday, thank the Sweet Baby. My son comes home on Thursday so I will have some extra time with him!
Old 12-20-2011, 12:34 PM   #4110
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Hope this brings a smile...

Walkin' in a Doggie Wonderland

Dog tags ring, are you listenin'?
In the lane, snow is glistenin'.
It's yellow, NOT white, I've been there tonight,
Marking up my winter wonderland.

Smell that tree? That's my fragrance.
It's a sign for wandering vagrants;
"Avoid where I pee, it's MY pro-per-ty!
Marked up as my winter wonderland."

In the meadow dad will build a snowman,
Following the classical design.
Then I'll lift my leg and let it go, man,
So all the world will know that it's
Mine-mine-mine!

Straight from me to the fence post,
Flows my natural incense boast;
"Stay off my turf, this small piece of earth,
I marked it as my winter wonderland."
Old 12-20-2011, 03:12 PM   #4111
Matboard Maniac

Gloria, I received one of the gift cards that you made for QI. It was beautiful. I'm so looking forward to spending the money!

We had our holiday luncheon at work today. We went to Gordon Biersch in Annapolis Town Center. It was nice and the food was good.

I have a little bit of wrapping to do and then have to clean up the mess I made. But tonight I'm taking it easy because I'm tired.

Pete
Old 12-20-2011, 04:22 PM   #4112
Pearl-ExPert

Glad you enjoyed the card. It seems so funny for people I know to get those cards---especially me. lol Today I finished Theresa's lap top tote she wanted. At first I wasn't too happy with my quilting but now that it is finished I don't think it looks too bad. Hope she is happy with it. I wish I would have done the straps a different color. I swear the material looked a little darker when I bought it. I was looking for a tan but it looks off white to me now. You can still see the chalk lines where I marked my quilting lines. I have to get that off
Attached Thumbnails
theresas-lap-top-bag..jpg  
Old 12-20-2011, 08:36 PM   #4113
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrahx2 View Post
Oh Gloria, your mind was right where it should have been, on enjoying the show! You were in the moment and that is a very good thing. I am sure he was adorable. Hope you can post a picture! Kathi, I am off Friday, thank the Sweet Baby. My son comes home on Thursday so I will have some extra time with him!
So glad you have Friday off too and will get to hang out with your son! How long will he be here?

Friday I will be at the hair salon getting beautified for Santa and then a nail appointment. Will pick up those last minute things afterward and then I will be DONE! Yippee!!!

Old 12-20-2011, 08:39 PM   #4114
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Glad you enjoyed the card. It seems so funny for people I know to get those cards---especially me. lol Today I finished Theresa's lap top tote she wanted. At first I wasn't too happy with my quilting but now that it is finished I don't think it looks too bad. Hope she is happy with it. I wish I would have done the straps a different color. I swear the material looked a little darker when I bought it. I was looking for a tan but it looks off white to me now. You can still see the chalk lines where I marked my quilting lines. I have to get that off
Gloria, that is beautiful! I like the straps that color, gives it a nice contrast! Now we want a quilting class!!

Old 12-21-2011, 03:03 AM   #4115
Gabfest Goddess

Good morning stampers!

Gloria that bag is BEAUTIFUL! I agree with Kathi, the straps give the bag depth and contrast. You have so much talent!

Jane so happy you get extra time with your baby! It can't be easy having him so far away. Enjoy!!!!

Kathi, enjoy your day of pampering! Hair and nails I'm jealous.

Pete enjoy your night off. What did the cats get you for Christmas this year? You have the best cats...they are very generous kitties.

Hugs and love all!
Old 12-21-2011, 03:51 AM   #4116
Pearl-ExPert

Good Morning Stampers and happy Hump Day! Gloria, the bag is beautiful. I just knew it was you that pushed me out of the line when they gave out all the talent! Brat! So glad everyone is getting it together and in time to get some rest too. Not sure when my son leaves because I was just worried about him coming. I know he is going to NY for New years with friends. Guess we'll figure it out when he gets here. Hugs and happy hump day..........we can do this!
Old 12-21-2011, 03:58 AM   #4117
Pearl-ExPert

Good morning. Hope everyone has a fun, productive or whatever you want to get done kind of day! I have to gear myself up for this decorating frenzy today. Only have to go out to get dog food. Yay!
I got my son a gift certificate from LLBean. It came yesterday in the mail and it is so nice. It is in one of those folder things w/pockets in it. The gc is tucked in there and tucked in another section is a small catalog. It just made a nice presentation. Not fancy, just unexpectedly nice.
Well, guess I should get my body underway for today. It is amazing what a good nights sleep can do for you. Toby didnt wake me up until 6:45.
Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Old 12-21-2011, 05:49 AM   #4118
Matboard Maniac

Amanda, the cats have been surprisingly quiet so far this year about their gifts. I think they looked at all the stuff they gave me before and figured I didn't need anything else. I will be going to Florida at the end of the year so maybe they are saving some surprises for then.

Pete
Old 12-21-2011, 12:34 PM   #4119
Gabfest Goddess

Hey Ladies,

I got an email from Serendipity Stamps today. They have a sale going on...50% off clear envelopes. I didn't go look...I'm trying to be good.

http://www.serendipitystamps.com/cat...ance-sale.html
Old 12-21-2011, 01:50 PM   #4120
Insane Embellisher

I need some new shoes. Just thought I'd share that with you