CNY SplitCoastStampers Get Together
Saturday, February 26th, 2011 from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (please do not arrive before 9:15am.)
Maine Masonic Lodge
2626 Route 26, Maine, NY
Join us for a day of stamping fun!
Directions from the North:
Option #1: Take 81 South to Exit 8 (Whitney Point/Lisle). Turn left at the end of the exit. Go through two lights, and turn right at your third light onto ROUTE 26. Travel about 11-12 miles (12.9 from the exit) keep eyes open for: Valero (this shows you are getting into town)Maine Memorial School, Dollar General, Citgo....then slow down - way down. It will be the first light brown brick building on your left. If you got to the gazebo you've gone too far.
Option #2: Take 81 South to Exit 7 to Castle Creek/11. Turn right at the end of the exit. Take your next right onto DUNHAM HILL ROAD. (There is a another right with it - but that right is more of a sharp turn.....just be wary...not Hyde St). Go all the way to the end. Turn left onto Route 26, travel 6-7 miles until you get into town (notice the Valero). You will pass by the school, Dollar General and Citgo. Then slow way down. It will be your next light brown brick building on your left.
Option #3 (from Red Roof/Johnson City)Out of the hotel, turn right onto Reynolds Road. Go to the end. Turn left onto East Maine Road. Go to the end. Turn left onto Route 26 (you will see the valero right there). You will pass by the school, Dollar General and Citgo. Then slow way down. It will be your next light brown brick building on your left.
Directions from the South: 81 North to 17 West. Take Exit 67N (Endicott/17C). Take your first exit for Main St/17C. Follow signs for 26 NORTH (3 or 4 lights). Turn right onto 26 North. Travel 7 miles, and start to pay attention. You will drive by a gazebo and church, look on the right and shortly thereafter you will see a light brown brick building on your RIGHT.
Directions from the West: 17 East to Exit 67N. Follow remaining directions from above @ 67N.
Directions from Albany: Take 88W to Binghamton all the way until it merges with 81 S. Take 17 W. Take exit 67N and follow directions from the south @ the 67N part.
Directions from the East: Take 17W. Take Exit 67N. Follow rest of directions from above (West) after the 67N part.
If anyone needs specific directions from a certain hotel, let me know where you are staying.
Hope you’re planning to join us at our next Central New York SCS Get Together. Here’s the info:
– $22.00 per person ($23 via PayPal). Your registration must be paid no later than noon on Monday, February 14th, 2011. I prefer that you email your registration forms and pay by paypal....but snail mail is ok. There are no refunds, but you may offer your spot to someone else. Here’s what’s planned:
Mandatory Shoebox (Table) Projects
: Bring your idea and all the supplies (precut but not prestamped or prepunched) needed for making your project with a small group. Again, current Stampin’ Up! products are preferred but other quality products are definitely acceptable. We’ll break the shoebox table projects into small groups of no more than 8. When our final count is in, you will know the table sizes. Tables will be set up to stamp the day away. You will need to bring four extra completed shoebox projects (which includes door prizes, hostess thank you, and one for your table so that everyone can follow it for directions). Participation in the table shoebox project is mandatory. This project will generally be a full card, with layers and embellishment(s). 3d projects are allowed as well. Please don't have the projects take an extreme amount of time. Please provide any special adhesive that's needed. So, just to say it another way: Bring 4 completed projects + make up 14 packets of materials needed to make your project. Make these something you’d be thrilled to get yourself. We will spend the 1st half on shoebox projects, break for lunch, do the next shoebox project, intermingled with the other swaps. Bottom line: Supplies and "equipment" for 14 projects plus FOUR COMPLETED PROJECTS
of these is mandatory) – You’ll know how many to make when we post the final counts, and you’ll have plenty of notice since the deadline is nearly a month ahead of the event. Participating at least one of these four swaps (see below) is part of the “price” of admission so everyone must participate in a swap (plus the shoebox table project, also required). You can, however, participate in any one, some or all of these swaps. Each of these swaps will include a +1 for a door prize.
Card Front Swap -Standard size
Recipe Swap - 6x6
SU! Demo Quality* Swap -Standard size
*This means only current SU! products can be used but you don’t need to be a demo to participate.
– These swaps are completely optional so it’s up to you if you want to play. These will also be +1 swaps.
6x6 Technique Card Swap – apply a sample of a technique to a 6x6, with instructions on the square as well, decorate as desired. No embellishment requirements.
3D Swap – your choice of what to make. Understand - no need to get overly elaborate. I don't want people to be disappointed that others 3d projects weren't as involved as yours.
Food – We’re going to have sign ups for food only this time, so please indicate on the registration sheet what you will bring to share. Please be specific; don’t just say “food”! Bottled water will be provided.
*I will provide a Make-n-Take for everyone to do at their leisure*
– Bring your stamps and stamping supplies to sell or trade. Current Stampin’ Up! items must be offered for trade only; you can sell retired items. Sorry but we can’t be responsible for missing items so bring things at your own risk.
– for everyone! Everyone will leave with a bag of fabulous goodies. The goodie bags will all have the same value with some variations in colors, etc. You’ll pretty much getting back in product most of your payment for the event because that's how I try to make things work!
– May be limited. I will explain how they are going to work when you arrive. If you are interested in donating something stamping related for a door prize, please let me know.
– You don’t have to sign up for this one, but if you would like to participate, bring a wrapped gift related to our stamping passion. We will draw for those so that everyone who brings one will also leave with one. Value on these should be about $5, and stamped projects are always appreciated! If it’s something you’d like to take home, it’s probably perfect! Be sure to include your name somewhere inside so the lucky winner knows who to thank. REMEMBER: Stamping-related!!!
– Please bring your own labeled items for your personal stamping needs, including your favorite adhesive. These are the items you just can’t stamp without, like: bone folder, paper cutter/scorer, scissors, straight edge, stamp cleaner and whatever else you can't stamp without! Did I say adhesive????? Adhesive! You will likely need lots of it.
Make and wear a nametag with your name
(and your SCS name) so that we know you on sight. There may be a nametag contest so keep that in mind when you’re creating yours.
Don't forget your camera!
Please bring a dish to pass. You do not need to bring enough to feed and army, but please let me know what you would like to bring, but please don't just say "food" . Bottled water will be provided. If you can bring a cooler, please let me know.
Other things to remember
: We're not running a race so SPEED is not the intent of the day. It is supposed to be a FUN day of stamping not seeing whether you can be the first one done. If you're done first, you will have ample opportunity to VISIT with your stamping friends.
Please also remember to be POLITE when "passing"...and I don't mean passing a stamp. The day will end when it ends and pushing ahead of someone won't get you out the door any faster.
Complete the registration form and forward with your $22 payment ($23 via PayPal) by noon on VALENTINE'S DAY, FEBRUARY 14th, 2011. All funds collected will be spent on the event. Your registration is complete when your payment is received. Hope you can make it!
610 Lacey Drive
Endwell, NY 13760
Paypal Address (until further notice): firstname.lastname@example.org
EMail Address (comes right to my phone): email@example.com