New Jersey & Surrounding States SBS Get Together
Saturday, April 21, 2012 from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
McAfee Bible Church, Route 94, McAfee, NJ
Join us for a day of stamping fun!
Hope you’re able to join us Here’s the info:
Cost: $20, $21 through paypal
What is a shoebox swap?
- Design a card that can be completed in about 10 minutes.
- Complete 3 cards (one as a sample for your shoebox & 2 for the hostesses)
- make a "kit" for each person, which contains all the supplies to assemble your card, in your shoebox.
- Please label all your supplies.
- ALL EMBOSSING AND DIE-CUTTING MUST BE PRE-PREPARED.
On the outside of your shoebox:
put your name & the name of your project.
In your shoebox put:
- your original card sample
- your “kits” = all the supplies (pre-cut and pre-punched) needed for making your project for each participant
- extras for mistakes (of which I commit daily when stamping)
- written/printed instructions for your card in your shoe box and
- anything else that is needed to complete your card.
Bring as many kits as we need for participants to complete your card. THIS WILL BE ANNOUNCED CLOSER TO THE SBS.
***Participation in the SBS swap is required.***
***Participation in the other swaps are optional.***
Separate from your shoebox:
- Please bring your completed swaps if you signed up for them below.
- your own labeled items for your personal stamping needs,
- adhesive (lots of it)
- bone folder
- paper cutter/scorer
- glue dots
- stamp cleaner and
- whatever else you can't stamp without!
Don't forget your camera!
Make and wear a nametag with your name and your SCS name.
There may be a nametag contest so keep that in mind when you’re creating yours.
Please sign up to bring a food item or beverage.
We will supply paper plates, napkins & utensils.
– We’re going to have sign ups for food, so please indicate on the registration sheet what you will bring to share. Please be specific; don’t just say “food”! Bottled water will be provided.
– Bring your stamps and stamping supplies to sell or trade. Current Stampin’ Up! items must be offered for trade only; you can sell retired items. Sorry but we can’t be responsible for missing items so bring things at your own risk.
– for everyone! Everyone will leave with a bag of fabulous goodies. The goodie bags will all have the same value with some variations in colors, etc.
– There will be a limited number of door prizes available, by random drawing. Donations from our own group are always welcome so let me know if you’d like to make a door prize donation and what it is. We will, of course, be awarding the +1’s from all of the swaps.
– You don’t have to sign up for this one, but if you would like to participate, bring a wrapped gift related to our stamping passion. We will draw for those so that everyone who brings one will also leave with one. Value on these should be about $5, and stamped projects are always appreciated! If it’s something you’d like to take home, it’s probably perfect! This swap will be done “Yankee Trader” style. Be sure to include your name somewhere inside so the lucky winner knows who to thank. REMEMBER: Stamping-related!!!
– Please bring your own labeled items for your personal stamping needs, including your favorite adhesive. These are the items you just can’t stamp without, like: bone folder, paper cutter/scorer, scissors, straight edge, stamp cleaner and whatever else you can't stamp without! Did I say adhesive????? Adhesive! You will likely need lots of it.
Make and wear a nametag
with your name (and your SCS name) so that we know you on sight. There may be a nametag contest so keep that in mind when you’re creating yours.
Don't forget your camera
Other things to remember: We're not running a race so SPEED is not the intent of the day. It is supposed to be a FUN day of stamping not seeing whether you can be the first one done. If you're done first, you will have ample opportunity to VISIT with your stamping friends.
Complete the registration form and forward with your $20 payment ($21 via PayPal) by noon on Wednesday, 3/21
. All funds collected will be spent on the event. Your registration is complete when your payment is received. Hope you can make it!