Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-10-2008, 03:42 PM   #1  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody in the Fraser Valley, BC looking to get together.

Hi all. I'm an avid crafter with a new baby and I'm at home full time for the first time in my adult life... I'm hoping to connect with some other paper crafters in the Fraser Valley (Abbotsford, Mission, Langley, etc.) who might like to get together and stamp!

TTYL
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2008, 06:14 PM   #2  
Cardstock Collector

Hi there! I am a stamper/scrapbooker/etc in Abbotsford! I work during the day but I am always looking to connect with new crafty girls! My name is Danielle. Congratulations on the new baby!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2008, 07:45 PM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

Hi Danielle! Very nice to meet you. I'm usually at work during the week as well but I'm taking a 10 month maternity leave right now to be with my little one. What sort of crafting are you generally into? I'm not much of a scrapbooker yet but I love card making and general paper crafting. Do you have some favourite scrapbook shops out in the Valley?

Lisa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2008, 01:47 PM   #4  
Cardstock Collector

Default Sorry for the late response

Sorry, I've had a busy week and I haven't been back on here until now. I am mainly into stamping, scrapbooking and card making. I also like to do some painting. I have just started incorporating some painting into my scrapbooking. What kinds of paper crafts are you into?

Here in the Valley I like Urban Scrapbook Company in Abbotsford and Luv 2 Scrap in Mission. They are (too!) conveniently located near my home and office, which is convenient and dangerous! Of course Michaels is always handy and I like to look for stuff in the States too. Do you have anywhere you prefer?

At Urban Scrapbook Company they have some cool classes (I am taking a distress class at the end of January) and they always have $5 crop nights on Fridays. I am hoping to go to those from time to time. Do you like to take part in classes or crop nights? I also just joined a club that meets once a month.

Hope you've had a great weekend, talk to you soon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2008, 07:00 PM   #5  
Stampin' Fool

Hey Danielle. I hadn't heard of Luv 2 Scrap but I checked it out today. I'm in a mystery sistah swap and had to get some stuff for my secret sistahs!

I've never taken a class at Urban Trends but I was thinking about the Copics class. I have a whole bunch of copics and I'm just learning how to use them. Its tough with the little girl to get out of the house but she's starting to get a regular bedtime so I might be able to take a class.

Which club did you join? Is it Stampin' Up? I was talking to another lady from Abby on SCS and we were thinking about getting together for a monthly card making session or something. Maybe we should put together a shoebox get together and see how it goes?

Lisa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2008, 05:48 AM   #6  
Cardstock Collector

Yeah, Luv2Scrap is quite good and the owner, Mary, is really friendly. I was just in there yesterday too, getting some stuff for a Scrapbook.com Challenge that I'm taking part in.

The club that I joined is Stampin' Up! I am not sold on using their products exclusively as there are WAY too many other options out there, but it is a great opportunity to have a regular get together, learn cool techniques, and we take turns being the "hostess" so everybody gets an opportunity to get free stuff!

I can see how it would be difficult for you to always get out of the house for classes, etc, with a little one! A shoebox is a great idea, I am always up for that.

Have a good one!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2008, 01:53 PM   #7  
Glitter Queen

Default Hi - can I join?

Hi girls! I am so glad I found this site! I love to scrapbook, make cards, etc -- I have stuff galore and alot still in boxes because I have two little ones at home - a 2.5 year old little girl and a 3.5 month baby boy .... busy, busy, busy!!

I just signed up as a CTMH consultant hoping that I can feed my addiction to scrapbooking/stamping but I am finding that I am getting more and more terrified of having to "speak" in front of a crowd!

I do go to Clipper Street (Langley) probably 2 Friday nights a month - my husband is good about letting me out of the house from 5pm - midnight while he watches our monsters!! I do like to go to Precious Memories (again in Langley) sometimes too. In Abbotsford, I have gone into Memory Weaver - not a bad little store ... haven't checked out the ones that you both mentioned yet ...

....... so that is me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2008, 02:06 PM   #8  
Insane Embellisher

Oooh! IT's such a small world! I know a lady who came all the way over to our side of the world to stamp with her SCS sisiters! ( well, just over the mountains..... ) I think she lives in your neck of the woods! She's very creative and has a neat sense of humour! Let me go and email this thread to her!
It's always nice to get away for a few hours and talk and hang out with adults once in awhile!
Helen:-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2008, 10:08 PM   #9  
Glitter Queen

Hi there ... just checking in -- not much time these days between watching my children and try to get my CTMH stuff organized .... times like these I wish my children were in school full time! LOL .... There was a swap mentioned - I have no clue what or how a swap works - can someone fill me in?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2008, 08:03 AM   #10  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by qtgrkView Post
Hi there ... just checking in -- not much time these days between watching my children and try to get my CTMH stuff organized .... times like these I wish my children were in school full time! LOL .... There was a swap mentioned - I have no clue what or how a swap works - can someone fill me in?
Basically with a swap there is a theme (i.e. birthday cards, or cards made with Stamping Bella stamps) and you make several of the same card and send them into the swap hostess (usually is 5+1= 6 but sometimes its more). The hostess then "swaps" the cards and you get five different cards back. The plus one usually goes to the hostess. There are other types of swaps such as secret sister swaps where you send little gifts to a secret pal somewhere. Also there are product swaps (such as a ribbon or stamped image swap) and there are swaps for things other than cards (i.e. altered mailbox, ATC, etc.). If you are interested in trying a swap go to the swap forum and check out what's available. There are always lots going on - pick something that's interesting to you and give it a go! They are a lot of fun and a good way to meet other stampers on SCS.

Take care!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2008, 12:23 PM   #11  
Cardstock Collector

Default From Langley

Hi Girls, i am also from Langley/Aldergrove. Been stamping/scrapbooking for years. I too have a new baby, 10 months old. Gives me lots of inspiration as i love photography.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2008, 03:54 PM   #12  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brynn HallView Post
Hi Girls, i am also from Langley/Aldergrove. Been stamping/scrapbooking for years. I too have a new baby, 10 months old. Gives me lots of inspiration as i love photography.
Hi Brynn. Nice to meet you! We really should plan a get together with all these Valley ladies emerging from the woodwork. Aren't new babies a hoot!
Reply With Quote Likes