Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-09-2012, 07:32 PM   #841
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via AIM to EthansMom

I hope you all got something accomplished at Tracy's craft night last night. Did anyone have a chance to see the Northern Lights? They were AMAZING! My first time seeing them! I hope tonight is just as good!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-10-2012, 09:34 PM   #842
Polyshrink Goddess

I did my first delivery today. It's such an amazing feeling to be part of such a life changing moment! I do not remember the names of the nurses that helped me whe. I had Ethan, but I remember their kindness. I hope my patients feel the same way about me! I hope you all are having a great weekend!
Old 03-10-2012, 10:58 PM   #843
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EthansMom View Post
I hope you all got something accomplished at Tracy's craft night last night. Did anyone have a chance to see the Northern Lights? They were AMAZING! My first time seeing them! I hope tonight is just as good!
I got birthday cards done for my March birthdays. I didn't see the lights. Sure did miss you while stamping.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:01 PM   #844
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
I did my first delivery today. It's such an amazing feeling to be part of such a life changing moment! I do not remember the names of the nurses that helped me whe. I had Ethan, but I remember their kindness. I hope my patients feel the same way about me! I hope you all are having a great weekend!
Oh that is wonderful! Went to lunch with the family today and then bowling. Got one son a haircut and then a little shopping at Target. Hope you have a great weekend too.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:46 PM   #845
Gallery Gazer

I have to say MRIs suck even with meds! After about 45 minutes thought I was going to go insane...the burning sensation in my arm was getting unbearable. But I made it the hour and 15 minutes without making a total scene.lol Now time to wait and see what the heck is wrong with my wrist.

Hope you all are enjoying the sunny day...now only it the temps would stay up life will be grand!
Old 03-13-2012, 09:40 PM   #846
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyltripp View Post
I have to say MRIs suck even with meds! After about 45 minutes thought I was going to go insane...the burning sensation in my arm was getting unbearable. But I made it the hour and 15 minutes without making a total scene.lol Now time to wait and see what the heck is wrong with my wrist.

Hope you all are enjoying the sunny day...now only it the temps would stay up life will be grand!
I've been thinking about you wondering how it went. I hope the results are conclusive or it feels better without intervention!
Old 03-14-2012, 08:56 PM   #847
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
I've been thinking about you wondering how it went. I hope the results are conclusive or it feels better without intervention!
Don't have follow up appt until the 27th...arm is still swollen, so not to sure what the heck is going on with it. Still haven't heard back with the lab results either, but hoping I will hear something before the 27th.

So when is your surgery? Please pm me your new address so I'll be able to drop off happy healing gifts.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:24 PM   #848
Gallery Gazer

Yay for me! Got happy mail today from a dear friend in MD. A super springy card and Amish Friendship Soup...can't wait to make it. Looks soooooo yummy. Hope you all are doing well.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:27 PM   #849
Gallery Gazer

Kids go back to school tomorrow! Soooooo exciting, can't wait to have the house to myself.lol
Old 03-18-2012, 04:40 PM   #850
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyltripp View Post
Kids go back to school tomorrow! Soooooo exciting, can't wait to have the house to myself.lol
YAY, you!!!! We have the day off tomorrow - Superintendent Day....Our Spring Break is April 2-9...Spent the whole day yesterday getting my car!!!
2012 GMC Terrain SLE2 with remote start/keyless entry, and heated front seats (watch - we will get sent to HI or AZ now!!!). Merlot Jewel Metallic, named "Arthur"! It only took me 17 months to get it done! I donated 'Lanche to the Purple Heart Foundation - they came and got him on Friday. I sniffled
Old 03-19-2012, 06:55 AM   #851
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonsmom98 View Post
YAY, you!!!! We have the day off tomorrow - Superintendent Day....Our Spring Break is April 2-9...Spent the whole day yesterday getting my car!!!
2012 GMC Terrain SLE2 with remote start/keyless entry, and heated front seats (watch - we will get sent to HI or AZ now!!!). Merlot Jewel Metallic, named "Arthur"! It only took me 17 months to get it done! I donated 'Lanche to the Purple Heart Foundation - they came and got him on Friday. I sniffled
Yay! So happy you have a fun new car....road trip!

Need to do some stamping today, way behind if I want to try and get out Easter goodies.lol Will have to come up with something super quick...maybe punches will be put to use.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:12 AM   #852
Gallery Gazer

Good Morning Ladies!

Happy Spring
Old 03-22-2012, 07:01 AM   #853
Gallery Gazer

Productive week here at the Tripp household.lol Got a few Easter goodies made up a science board partially done...waiting on son to bring home report for the actual important info...darn kid dragging his feet in lala land.

Now need to make some cards today and I will be some what caught up for a week or so.lol Hope you all are doing well. We all need to get together soon for another crafty day.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:39 PM   #854
Polyshrink Goddess

Happy spring ladies! I saw some grass this weekend...hopefully a sign of things to come (soon)!

I had my first foor surgery yesterday. It's tender today but overall I'm feeling pretty good. I'm having a hard time staying away with the pain medications but it's all good! I'm on Percocet and crutches until Tuesday at least.

Miss everyone!
Old 03-23-2012, 07:02 PM   #855
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Happy spring ladies! I saw some grass this weekend...hopefully a sign of things to come (soon)!

I had my first foor surgery yesterday. It's tender today but overall I'm feeling pretty good. I'm having a hard time staying away with the pain medications but it's all good! I'm on Percocet and crutches until Tuesday at least.

Miss everyone!
Oh that's good to hear you are doing well. Take your meds so you can heal pain free.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:49 PM   #856
Polyshrink Goddess

Someone replaced my toes with sausages! My foot is so swollen today...yes, rest, ice, elevation...still swollen! I've knocked my Percocet down to 1 every 4 hours instead of 2...yay!

I've been killing time looking through the challenges. Does anyone here participate in them? I think I may start...they seem easy enough, right?
Old 03-25-2012, 07:40 PM   #857
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Someone replaced my toes with sausages! My foot is so swollen today...yes, rest, ice, elevation...still swollen! I've knocked my Percocet down to 1 every 4 hours instead of 2...yay!

I've been killing time looking through the challenges. Does anyone here participate in them? I think I may start...they seem easy enough, right?
Hopefully your swelling will go down soon.

Yes, I think you should try out the challenges...have done them off and on over the past several years. Always a good starting place to get the creative juices flowing.

Actually got a sympathy card done today for a girlfriend, now just to mail out tomorrow.

Quick healing thoughts to you.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:56 PM   #858
Polyshrink Goddess

I tried going the day without pain medicine...right until2:45 or so. I ended up knocking back a Percocet and was zonked out sleeping by the time the family got home from work/school. I felt pretty weak and that I had let myself down but there's always tomorrow. I see the surgeon tomorrow to take the dressing off and set a new 'where do we go from here' plan. One last gripe for the night...not one person in my chain of command has called to see how I'm doing. I don't know what it is about this place.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:27 PM   #859
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
I tried going the day without pain medicine...right until2:45 or so. I ended up knocking back a Percocet and was zonked out sleeping by the time the family got home from work/school. I felt pretty weak and that I had let myself down but there's always tomorrow. I see the surgeon tomorrow to take the dressing off and set a new 'where do we go from here' plan. One last gripe for the night...not one person in my chain of command has called to see how I'm doing. I don't know what it is about this place.
Oh Michelle, I'm sorry you are feeling bad still. Am a little shocked that no one from work has checked up on you...especially since you work at the hospital, weird. But I know there not any better in my hubbies unit.

I do have to say you looked good today...maybe you will be well enough for me to pick you up for lunch or something. Take your meds so you can rest and feel better quicker. I know if my arm and elbows are hurting me the way they have been I'm no longer going to suffer through it...I'm going to take at least half a pill so I can muffle the pain and get a good nights sleep.

Man oh man the first round of kids should be home soon...have been trying to sleep since the MRI but the phone keeps ringing just as I get to a deep sleep, quess I'm not ment to nap today.lol

I'll give you a call tomorrow to see how you are doing and see what you are feeling up to.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:20 AM   #860
Insane Embellisher

Hey - crafty GENIUS!!! - Devon loved her goodies!!! I hope your MRI was better this go-around....
Old 03-28-2012, 09:58 AM   #861
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Hey - crafty GENIUS!!! - Devon loved her goodies!!! I hope your MRI was better this go-around....
Oh good! Had a whole peace theme going on.lol I made the bottle carries for all my peeps for Easter, have them filled with goodies. Figured that way this summer I won't get stuck carrying everyones water bottles.

MRI was alot quicker this time and no where near the pain as last time...but I did take both of my pills so I was way out of it.lol Dr did put me on different meds for the swelling since they do know that my elbow pain is arthitist and she also gave me a pain killer for at night when it's really bad so I can sleep. They also know that my forearm is swollen due to a muscle strain, so now just to see what and why the wrist has fluid since they don't feel it's occurring from the other two things wrong with arm.lol What can I say...I'm a mess!

Well I better get a bath so I can get heading to Palmer. Bob found some fishing crap on craigs list and it will be available at 1pm and of course he can't go get it, so the tatooed one SUCKER is to fetch.lol Hopefully, I won't get lost, will probably stop at scrap store on the way back, since I should get something fun out of this deal.
Old 03-28-2012, 05:03 PM   #862
Gallery Gazer

While in Palmer stopped by Stamp Cache and got all kinds of goodies. Most of them were clearanced with an additional 20% off. Also got a new MFT die that I haven't been able to get from there site since it's always sold out when I go to order. I want to go downstairs and stamp but need to make cupcakes for unit bake sale tomorrow.lol

Maybe I'll order pizza for dinner tonight instead of cooking. Hope you all are doing well.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:41 AM   #863
Gallery Gazer

Good Morning Ladies!

Finished cupcakes late last night. So if you're on JBER, stop by the bake sale outside of the PX to help the 95th Chem fundraiser.

Michelle, how are you doing today? Hope you are cheering up....I have a happy light now if you would like to borrow it. Maybe it will help you some. Are you ready for me to bring you lunch or take you to lunch today? If so let me know, I'll be there.
Old 03-30-2012, 06:58 AM   #864
Gallery Gazer

Good Morning!

Have plans to stamp today...need to use some of my new goodies.

Michele how are you doing? Up for me to bring you lunch or take you out to lunch?
Old 04-01-2012, 08:09 AM   #865
Gallery Gazer

Hope you all are having a horrible day!

April Fools

You know I love ya all. Hoping to create with you all soon.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:38 AM   #866
Insane Embellisher

LOL!!! I didn't scroll down far enough - and I thought, "OH, NO!!!! Tracy has become a 'Mean Girl' - !!!!!
Old 04-01-2012, 12:56 PM   #867
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
LOL!!! I didn't scroll down far enough - and I thought, "OH, NO!!!! Tracy has become a 'Mean Girl' - !!!!!
Bah haha ha! Hey, I was bored had to mess with someone.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:49 AM   #868
Gallery Gazer

Good Morning Ladies!

Have eggs boiling so kiddos can decorate after homework today. Dishwasher is doing it's job, washer is rotating away. Downstairs bathroom bleached clean. Now time to keep second kiddo up and going. Think I will watch news for a few minutes before the next chore. Wrist and hand are sooooo swollen this morning, was hoping it would have been better this morning but not my luck.

Michele hope your appt goes well today. Want to come over tuesday April 3 for some stamping time and lunch? Will call you later today after normal people are up and about.lol

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!
Old 04-02-2012, 01:58 PM   #869
Gallery Gazer

Ugh, feel so yucky after taking half a pain killer for wrist...now wish I could fall asleep or vomit.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:48 AM   #870
Gallery Gazer

Okay, house is clean as it's going to get. Food is made, will start taking everything down to the stamping zone about 10am. Have a whole pile of things to alter for Easter, hope I can get everything done so I can mail things tomorrow.

Hope everyone is having a good day.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:17 PM   #871
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks for the fun today, Tracy! I hope you were productive after I left!
Old 04-04-2012, 10:16 AM   #872
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Thanks for the fun today, Tracy! I hope you were productive after I left!
I'm so glad you came over. I really didn't get a whole lot done until after dinner then I forced myself to go downstairs and finish half of the peeps and half of the chocolate bunnies. Nothing special that is for sure but done.lol

Looking forward to shopping next Tuesday.

If you need anything Thursday let me know.

I should probably at some point get dressed today and go to JoAnn's to look for fabric for a purse for the ball.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:04 PM   #873
Gallery Gazer

Okay, guess I'm not going to get Easter goodies postal any time soon. Guess I should go ahead and stamp fun stuff instead for friends.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:27 PM   #874
Polyshrink Goddess

Don't feel bad, Tracy! I didn't get any crafting done today, either! I did, however, find that stamp I was looking for yesterday! I had taken it with me when I went to Virginia in January! Not that I got that far yesterday, but at least I have peace of mind now!
Old 04-05-2012, 07:59 AM   #875
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Don't feel bad, Tracy! I didn't get any crafting done today, either! I did, however, find that stamp I was looking for yesterday! I had taken it with me when I went to Virginia in January! Not that I got that far yesterday, but at least I have peace of mind now!
Oh that is good to know...now you'll be able to get what you were wanting done. Good luck today. Let me know how you do.

Last night after dinner I did go downstairs and made a card using the new Lilly Bee stamps from Stamp Cache. Apparently I just didn't feel like Easter stuff. Think I will make some fireweed jelly today and then make a couple more cards before picking up rx refills.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:05 PM   #876
Polyshrink Goddess

I am still...still...still working on baby shower cards. B is for boring.... I need a change of subject soon!
Old 04-06-2012, 08:55 PM   #877
Polyshrink Goddess

Baby shower cards done! Twelve of them...I hope I am good for the summer!

We had an "Outback" night at home tonight! We cooked steaks, baked potatoes, and cheesy fries...just like we would've ordered out. Then we watched the Muppet movie! How fun! It's neat to watch your kids enjoy the things that you watched when you were a kid!

I hope everyone had a chance to craft something today! Happy Easter everyone!
Old 04-06-2012, 10:29 PM   #878
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
I am still...still...still working on baby shower cards. B is for boring.... I need a change of subject soon!
Bah hahaha!
Old 04-06-2012, 10:31 PM   #879
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Baby shower cards done! Twelve of them...I hope I am good for the summer!

We had an "Outback" night at home tonight! We cooked steaks, baked potatoes, and cheesy fries...just like we would've ordered out. Then we watched the Muppet movie! How fun! It's neat to watch your kids enjoy the things that you watched when you were a kid!

I hope everyone had a chance to craft something today! Happy Easter everyone!
Oh it sounds like you had a good day! I haven't crafted today, but did get my new ID card.lol

We watched Man on the Ledge, good movie, must say. Now sooo wanting to go to bed.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:51 AM   #880
Gallery Gazer

Finished hanging and folding umpteen loads of clothes this morning while washer was working on towels. Then went downstairs for some stamping time in quite, was able to finish two more Bee cards before oldest son comes down to play xbox. At least he did dishes before coming down.lol Then I come upstairs to have leftover pizza and m&m's for lunch just to have my whole day rudely thrown into a fit! What the heck more snow!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh why? I want Spring to come and stay!