Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-10-2011, 09:33 AM   #721
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EthansMom View Post
I am completely pouting tonight. Tomorrow is the last of my time off for a while (I've been at home taking care of DH after his surgery). I did not get as much ready for Christmas as I needed to...I have very few days off between now and the end of the month. After working a 12-hour shift, I have no desire to do anything when I come home. The tears are flowing and I'm so super grumpy.
Oh I'm sorry. You'll have to plan a shopping day with me, so you don't go home after work just straight to working on getting stuff done. I can pick you up from the hospital or you can come to my house shower and change if you want and we'll get busy on getting you ahead of the game...no crying after all that really is in my job description.lol
Old 11-10-2011, 01:48 PM   #722
Gallery Gazer

Oh my!....my hands hurt sooo bad from all the gift wrapping today.lol Time for a cup of hot tea and a lifetime movie. Hope you all are enjoying your day.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:15 AM   #723
Inking Addict

Will it ever stop snowing this year????? LOL Seems like way more than last year this time, although I recall it being much colder. Feeling VERY festive though and hoping DH doesn't mind me ditching he and the kids for some Christmas Card making int he craft room!

Oh, and today is the last Day of Joann's 20% off everything for Military!!!! Sale and regular. Stocked up on tins for making cookies for gifts.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-12-2011, 08:55 PM   #724
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassScrapper View Post
Will it ever stop snowing this year????? LOL Seems like way more than last year this time, although I recall it being much colder. Feeling VERY festive though and hoping DH doesn't mind me ditching he and the kids for some Christmas Card making int he craft room!

Oh, and today is the last Day of Joann's 20% off everything for Military!!!! Sale and regular. Stocked up on tins for making cookies for gifts.
Welcome to the AK thread! I did take advantage of JoAnn's yesterday, got lots of goodies. By the way what's your name? Is this Heather?
Old 11-13-2011, 10:13 PM   #725
Inking Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyltripp View Post
Welcome to the AK thread! I did take advantage of JoAnn's yesterday, got lots of goodies. By the way what's your name? Is this Heather?
Hi! No, this is Tricia. I popped in briefly before we went to Florida for 10 days and haven't had a chance to post again. We are Air Force and live over on the Elmendorf side of the base.

I went back to Joanns again Saturday! Forgot the main thing I needed! I got a new wreath for our door and needed a wreath hanger with a deeper hook on it to hold it. Oops!
Old 11-14-2011, 07:54 PM   #726
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassScrapper View Post
Hi! No, this is Tricia. I popped in briefly before we went to Florida for 10 days and haven't had a chance to post again. We are Air Force and live over on the Elmendorf side of the base.

I went back to Joanns again Saturday! Forgot the main thing I needed! I got a new wreath for our door and needed a wreath hanger with a deeper hook on it to hold it. Oops!
LOL! I remember now...apparently my sometimers was acting up.he he Hope you had a wonderful vacation to Florida.

I just picked up more binding for my next sewing project for my March gifties for Earth day.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:45 PM   #727
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via AIM to EthansMom

I am freaking myself out over getting everything ready to mail home for Christmas by Thanksgiving...I guess I'm just going to pay crazy shipping fees. I'm tired of stressing over it already!!! How is everyone else doing on their holiday crafting?
Old 11-14-2011, 09:47 PM   #728
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmeshelle View Post
You go girl! I wish I could say the same. The only thing I did today that was really productive was testing a recipe for blonies. Now I know it is yummy, I can procede to planning Making them up for gifts.
Where've you been? I hope all is well with you!
Old 11-15-2011, 06:22 PM   #729
Polyshrink Goddess

I took Ethan sledding after school today for a few minutes. Boy was it cold! My crazy weeks start tomorrow...not sure if I'll be back on before Thanksgiving, so Happy Thanksgiving to you all! I am thankful for each of you!
Old 11-15-2011, 07:56 PM   #730
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
I took Ethan sledding after school today for a few minutes. Boy was it cold! My crazy weeks start tomorrow...not sure if I'll be back on before Thanksgiving, so Happy Thanksgiving to you all! I am thankful for each of you!
What fun! I know it's burry out there now. I can't believe Thanksgiving is just around the corner. We'll have to plan something for after thanskgiving before Christmas...maybe a cookie exchange day with some stamped projects?
Old 11-15-2011, 08:01 PM   #731
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
I am freaking myself out over getting everything ready to mail home for Christmas by Thanksgiving...I guess I'm just going to pay crazy shipping fees. I'm tired of stressing over it already!!! How is everyone else doing on their holiday crafting?
Don't stress...after all there are 12 days of Christmas.lol If the packages don't get there until January 6th you're still good.he he he

So far I only have one box completely finished and boxes ready to mail. Several piles of wrapped gifts waiting for the last minute touches, hoping to finish a few of them up this week. No DD is asking for pillow cases for her friends so I still need to whip up a few more for her...two down 3 to go.lol
Old 11-15-2011, 09:08 PM   #732
Embossing Fanatic

Send a message via Skype™ to Frozenstamper

Quote:
What fun! I know it's burry out there now. I can't believe Thanksgiving is just around the corner. We'll have to plan something for after thanskgiving before Christmas...maybe a cookie exchange day with some stamped projects?
Hey Ladies, just wanted to say Hi and Happy Thanksgiving! Thank you Tracy for all your sweet gifts to me before I went off to the hospital! I took them with me and wore the slippers Was glad for the chapstick! Now I've recovered enough to be on a flight to Austin for Thanksgiving with my kids. We'll be back the Friday night after T-giving so I hopefully can attack Christmas shopping wholeheartedly! Hugs to all! Donna XOXO
A Muse Studio Consultant #1011 donnahitz.gci.net
Old 11-16-2011, 03:19 PM   #733
Embossing Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to chica1975

Hello ladies! I just wanted to pop in and say hello. It has been awhile, but between traveling for work and vacation, then getting really sick with a sinus infection and bronchitis (not at the same time, but back to back), its been a rough month. Glad to see all of you are doing well and freaking out over the holidays just like me!

Now that I have mostly returned to the land of the living I was thinking of doing an open stamp night/general get-together and gossip the 28th of November. I would love to see what other folks are working on! If any of you are interested, let me know. Since I am not military this is open to everyone, and located in Anchorage,
Old 11-17-2011, 08:36 AM   #734
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenstamper View Post
Hey Ladies, just wanted to say Hi and Happy Thanksgiving! Thank you Tracy for all your sweet gifts to me before I went off to the hospital! I took them with me and wore the slippers Was glad for the chapstick! Now I've recovered enough to be on a flight to Austin for Thanksgiving with my kids. We'll be back the Friday night after T-giving so I hopefully can attack Christmas shopping wholeheartedly! Hugs to all! Donna XOXO
Oh Donna, so glad to hear you are mending and off to enjoy your kiddos. Have a safe trip...enjoy the warmth while there.lol
Old 11-17-2011, 08:37 AM   #735
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chica1975 View Post
Hello ladies! I just wanted to pop in and say hello. It has been awhile, but between traveling for work and vacation, then getting really sick with a sinus infection and bronchitis (not at the same time, but back to back), its been a rough month. Glad to see all of you are doing well and freaking out over the holidays just like me!

Now that I have mostly returned to the land of the living I was thinking of doing an open stamp night/general get-together and gossip the 28th of November. I would love to see what other folks are working on! If any of you are interested, let me know. Since I am not military this is open to everyone, and located in Anchorage,
Sounds like fun! I'm sure my arm can be twisted to socialize.lol

Oh and if there are any other ladies wanting to come from JBER I'm more than happy to carpool, have van so can hit 6 more ladies.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:59 AM   #736
Embossing Fanatic

Default WOOT!

Quote:
Sounds like fun! I'm sure my arm can be twisted to socialize.lol

Oh and if there are any other ladies wanting to come from JBER I'm more than happy to carpool, have van so can hit 6 more ladies.
Awesome! I love seeing what others come up with. I can pretty much always walk away with a new idea. Tracy I will message you the address and my number.

Also I was planning to try a few new cookie recipes so if you or anyone is allergic to anything, let me know. I will actually be making these all of Thanksgiving weekend since I am off work for 5 days! (Can you say baking and crafting my two favs!) So any that pass muster with my husband I will have and all of you can give me your opinions.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:08 PM   #737
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Awesome! I love seeing what others come up with. I can pretty much always walk away with a new idea. Tracy I will message you the address and my number.

Also I was planning to try a few new cookie recipes so if you or anyone is allergic to anything, let me know. I will actually be making these all of Thanksgiving weekend since I am off work for 5 days! (Can you say baking and crafting my two favs!) So any that pass muster with my husband I will have and all of you can give me your opinions.
Fun fun! I'll bring a snack to share too.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:13 PM   #738
Gallery Gazer

Drove for sons field trip for GIS day...which by the way was very interesting down at the old federal building in Anchorage. But now that I'm home after being out in the coooold I can't get warm...had some vanilla carmel latte and I'm snuggled up on the couch in blankets and I still have goosebumps.lol
Old 11-20-2011, 11:43 AM   #739
Gallery Gazer

Yay for me! DH is taking the kids snowboarding, so I will have an hour to myself,
Old 11-20-2011, 12:09 PM   #740
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Just had to stop in here and say "hi", I haven't seen this thread before - I lived the first half of my life in Alaska (Anchorage and Glennallen) and my parents still live there in Glennallen, though they have a condo in Anchorage too. I married someone from Northern Ireland so I've lived here the last 26 yrs, but I still get back "home" every other year or so - was over there for 6 weeks this past summer - I miss it!!! : (
Old 11-21-2011, 01:54 PM   #741
Embossing Fanatic

Well ladies, it has warmed up a bit, still not enough for my taste, but oh well, price I pay for living here I suppose,

I hope everyone has a great week!
Old 11-21-2011, 07:37 PM   #742
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfinlay View Post
Just had to stop in here and say "hi", I haven't seen this thread before - I lived the first half of my life in Alaska (Anchorage and Glennallen) and my parents still live there in Glennallen, though they have a condo in Anchorage too. I married someone from Northern Ireland so I've lived here the last 26 yrs, but I still get back "home" every other year or so - was over there for 6 weeks this past summer - I miss it!!! : (
Welcome to our happy little thread! Next time you come to Ak you'll have to let us know...maybe we will be able to meet up for some stamping time. I'm sure Ireland is an amazing place to live...haven't had the opportunity to visit there yet.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:42 PM   #743
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Well ladies, it has warmed up a bit, still not enough for my taste, but oh well, price I pay for living here I suppose,

I hope everyone has a great week!
Still to cold for me.lol But still had a very productive day sewing...made a flag for dh's company, finished two coffess cozies for dd's coworkers xmas gifts plus started sewing up dd a gift set, have a hat and scarf done, now just need to finish up the gloves. Think I will get the next few projects cut out tonight before bed so I can sew them up tomorrow as well as finish up some stamped projects so I can finish boxing up another package for mailing.

Hope you all are doing well..Thanksgiving is right around the corner, need to take turkey out of freezer and put in refrig. Did get a pie done this afternoon for turkey day! Not so sure how it turned out, looks a little too juicy.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:58 PM   #744
Polyshrink Goddess

I hope you all have a very Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow! I am thankful for all of you...my crafting family!
Old 11-25-2011, 01:08 PM   #745
Gallery Gazer

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Are you all getting good deals today? Not me, staying home hoping to get an appointment for my van. Something is way wrong with it and not sure what, but can't be driving around in it that is for sure.
Old 11-25-2011, 01:41 PM   #746
Gallery Gazer

Hug your kiddos...dh just got home letting me know a child was just run over on his way home. He said the kid wasn't looking so good, so lets pray for her.
Old 11-27-2011, 04:21 PM   #747
Embossing Fanatic

Ahh, had a nice thanksgiving, everything is cleaned up, house is decorated for Christmas, had a nice start to Advent, now time to relax and do some serious baking!

Looking forward to a quiet (okay, maybe not so quiet, but at least no one asking me to do this or that) night tomorrow with the girls stamping the night away!

Have a great week everyone!
Old 11-27-2011, 10:03 PM   #748
Gallery Gazer

Man Amy you are on top of things.lol

I'll be getting up real early tomorrow and heading over to the garage since they are first come first serve and they open at 7am. Keep your fingers crossed I make it.lol Dealing with car issues drives me nuts. Plan on getting some Christmas cards done tomorrow at Amy's since I haven't made any for myself yet.

Hope you all are doing well.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:43 PM   #749
Gallery Gazer

Amy sorry I missed the fun. You'll have to upload photos of your completed project.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:02 AM   #750
Gallery Gazer

Ethansmom the next time you place a scentcy order let me know. I would like to order some bulbs.

Heading downtown this afternoon to go pick up my groupon crab at Fish Ex...maybe I'll make them for my anniversary. After all hubby has been eating at the bit for me to get them.lol Well off I go to wrap and package up another box before finishing the final touches of DD's Christmas scrap.

Hope you all are ready for the warmer temps and snow.
Old 11-30-2011, 04:25 PM   #751
Embossing Fanatic

Isn't it always the way . . . when you have a ton of crafty ideas in your head you have no time to do them. But when you could not come up with an idea to save your life, you have all the time in the world.

I was planning to do some serious crafting this weekend, but no, looks like we have Christmas parties to go too. Not that I mind, I love a good party, but these ideas don't make themselves!
Old 11-30-2011, 04:32 PM   #752
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Isn't it always the way . . . when you have a ton of crafty ideas in your head you have no time to do them. But when you could not come up with an idea to save your life, you have all the time in the world.

I was planning to do some serious crafting this weekend, but no, looks like we have Christmas parties to go too. Not that I mind, I love a good party, but these ideas don't make themselves!
Have fun at the parties!
Old 12-01-2011, 09:48 PM   #753
Polyshrink Goddess

As a celebration of our group, is anyone interested in getting together for a late lunch or dinner this month?
Old 12-02-2011, 01:57 PM   #754
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:
As a celebration of our group, is anyone interested in getting together for a late lunch or dinner this month?
I would love too! What did you have in mind?
Old 12-02-2011, 11:07 PM   #755
Kookie Creator

EthansMom you can count me in! I just need to know when/where to plan for it.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:31 AM   #756
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
I would love to!
Old 12-05-2011, 11:35 AM   #757
Gallery Gazer

Okay now that's it's the 5th I really should get off my rear and get busy finishing up these boxes so I can mail out all that I can carry today! Especially since I have to leave the house this afternoon to pick up son after school. Off to the basement I go!

Hope you all don't slip around too much today! Stay safe.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:38 PM   #758
Gallery Gazer

So excited by SU order should be in tomorrow! Have ordered several of the Sell A Bration sets, can't wait to see them in person.

Ethansmom do you know what date and time you are wanting to get together for lunch/dinner? Want to make sure dh doesn't having any work obligations going on for the time.

Going on son's field trip tomorrow to see the play regarding the homeless boy that has been advertised...think is will be really neat for the kids to see.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:49 PM   #759
Gallery Gazer

The play was very cute. After I headed over to Kohls to get some dresser boots to wear friday for hubbies company christmas party. Need to bake some cookies and cakes tonight for it since tomorrow I will be at Buckner gym for sons ROV field trip.

Hope you all are doig well.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:06 AM   #760
Gallery Gazer

Good Morning Ladies!

Got some gifts wrapped last night. Have bake goods made for dh function tonight, ready for ROV competition this morning and then lunch for middle ds. Think I will be able to tape up the last of the boxes to go postal before I need to leave so I'll be able to get them postal today after lunch...starting to catch up, can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I guess once you decide you just can't do something and move on from there things start to come together.lol

Hope you all are doing well.