Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-06-2011, 08:19 AM   #641
Inking Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyltripp View Post
Khol's and Target had good deals today. Got lots of shopping done for the holidays. They even had out their little cheapy snowboards that I wanted to get the kids last year and hubby thought they would like them...until he saw other teenagers playing on a couple in the parking lot.lol By the time I went back they were gone and never got anymore in. So I jumped on them today and picked up three for them to try out on the little free hill by our house this winter. Oldest son claimed his and hit it in his room so the other kids won't try and use it.lol

Hope you all are having a great week.
We probably crossed paths in Target! I was there with two of my wild little men! I need to hit Khol's. They sent me a $10 card for my birthday! That probably is the sign of a problem, right?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-06-2011, 08:46 AM   #642
Kookie Creator

DH says it's a go! Count me in Tracy!
Old 10-06-2011, 09:48 AM   #643
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassScrapper View Post
We probably crossed paths in Target! I was there with two of my wild little men! I need to hit Khol's. They sent me a $10 card for my birthday! That probably is the sign of a problem, right?
Probably there were lots of little ones out...yes go use your card, lots of clearance and sales right now.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:49 AM   #644
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmeshelle View Post
DH says it's a go! Count me in Tracy!
Sounds good.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:51 AM   #645
Gallery Gazer

Okay so far our head count for friday the 14th is:

Ethansmom
princessmechele
Donna maybe
tracyltripp

So Amy how about you? Hope you are free to meet up with us. Anyone else want to join in on the fun?

Think I will start thinking about snacks for us. Maybe a meat and cheese platter so we can have sandwhiches...since I'm an eater.lol Maybe some fall/halloweenie goodies will get done next week for it.lol Off to get white paint so I can finish painting so DS project can get done. Hope you all are doing well.

Last edited by tracyltripp; 10-06-2011 at 09:56 AM..
Old 10-06-2011, 12:01 PM   #646
Stampin' Fool

Send a message via Yahoo to Alcojo94

Quote:
Oh fun...we all need to have our addictions. My fall addiction scarecrows and my winter snowmen....have snowmen out all year.lol
I have snowmen out all year too! I love snowmen
Old 10-06-2011, 02:03 PM   #647
Embossing Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to chica1975
Default So sad,

Quote:
Okay so far our head count for friday the 14th is:

Ethansmom
princessmechele
Donna maybe
tracyltripp

So Amy how about you? Hope you are free to meet up with us. Anyone else want to join in on the fun?

Think I will start thinking about snacks for us. Maybe a meat and cheese platter so we can have sandwhiches...since I'm an eater.lol Maybe some fall/halloweenie goodies will get done next week for it.lol Off to get white paint so I can finish painting so DS project can get done. Hope you all are doing well.
So sad I have to miss this one, but not sad about the reason, I fly out the 14th to San Diego for a week and a half!!!! I am so not ready for winter so I need a little more warmth and sunshine before I submerge myself to the VERY long winter here.

Think of me while you craft and I am stuck on a very long flight. I will think of you when I am sitting on the beach with a drink in one hand and my laptop in the other surfing SCS!
Old 10-06-2011, 02:24 PM   #648
Embossing Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to chica1975
Default Craft nights

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassScrapper View Post
So, trying to find some ways to spark my creativity again. I am an SU demo, but mainly hobby, so i personally don't host many events. I was wondering if there were any craft or crop nights anywhere in the area? I hadn't seen any advertised anywhere. Our last assignment one of the local churches did a monthly crop night.
Welcome Mass! I have been looking and looking and I have not found many that offer this type of service. I have asked a few places if they would be willing to let me host one but still working out the details. Michael's does a monthly crop night, but it is so hodge podge! There used to be a store called More Than a Memory in Anchorage that would host one every month, but they no longer have a brick and mortar store front, just online now. Then lastly there is Stamp Cache in Palmer, not sure if they have started to host events or not since every time I am there and ask she tells me they have nothing scheduled. I know a few non-SU ladies that host events on base, but since I am non-military I have never been to one.

I currently host 2 structured events, and one un-structured event every month at my place. The structured events cost a flat fee, and generally teach a technique. The unstructured events you just pay for any materials (excluding tools) that you use, and is not SU exclusive. I always have examples of projects to use as "inspiration" or you can duplicate (I will show you how), and you are welcome to bring anything you want to work on or bring any questions you have. I can send you a message the next time I hold one if you are interested.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:17 PM   #649
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcojo94 View Post
I have snowmen out all year too! I love snowmen
They warm my heart.lol
Old 10-06-2011, 03:18 PM   #650
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chica1975 View Post
Welcome Mass! I have been looking and looking and I have not found many that offer this type of service. I have asked a few places if they would be willing to let me host one but still working out the details. Michael's does a monthly crop night, but it is so hodge podge! There used to be a store called More Than a Memory in Anchorage that would host one every month, but they no longer have a brick and mortar store front, just online now. Then lastly there is Stamp Cache in Palmer, not sure if they have started to host events or not since every time I am there and ask she tells me they have nothing scheduled. I know a few non-SU ladies that host events on base, but since I am non-military I have never been to one.

I currently host 2 structured events, and one un-structured event every month at my place. The structured events cost a flat fee, and generally teach a technique. The unstructured events you just pay for any materials (excluding tools) that you use, and is not SU exclusive. I always have examples of projects to use as "inspiration" or you can duplicate (I will show you how), and you are welcome to bring anything you want to work on or bring any questions you have. I can send you a message the next time I hold one if you are interested.
Have a great vacation...don't get too much sun, you don't want to burn.lol Hopefully we can get together once you get back.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:22 PM   #651
Gallery Gazer

I have to say helping my son make a chemical 3D model is kicking my butt! I hope it makes the bus ride into school tomorrow. Still waiting for glue on one side to dry so we can flip it over and glue the other side.ugh! I'm earning my stamping ladies night that is for sure!!!!!!
Old 10-07-2011, 06:29 AM   #652
Kookie Creator

Quote:

I know Stamp Cache has classes, I don't know if they have any crop nights to work on what ever. I know Stamp Attic has classes too but I haven't seen any crop nights.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:04 AM   #653
Inking Addict

Quote:
So sad I have to miss this one, but not sad about the reason, I fly out the 14th to San Diego for a week and a half!!!! I am so not ready for winter so I need a little more warmth and sunshine before I submerge myself to the VERY long winter here.

Think of me while you craft and I am stuck on a very long flight. I will think of you when I am sitting on the beach with a drink in one hand and my laptop in the other surfing SCS!
Thanks for the tips on classes, etc. It doesn't have to be an open crop night, just basically looking for chat time and crafting!

Have fun in San Diego! If you think your flight is long we are flying to Orlando with 3 kids 5 and under!!! Cocktails anyone?
Old 10-08-2011, 08:16 PM   #654
Gallery Gazer

Today has been a productive sewing day for me...even got a couple of giftes packaged up to be mailed. I'm on a roll.lol
Old 10-08-2011, 10:02 PM   #655
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Today has been a productive sewing day for me...even got a couple of giftes packaged up to be mailed. I'm on a roll.lol
You go girl! I wish I could say the same. The only thing I did today that was really productive was testing a recipe for blonies. Now I know it is yummy, I can procede to planning Making them up for gifts.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:00 AM   #656
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmeshelle View Post
You go girl! I wish I could say the same. The only thing I did today that was really productive was testing a recipe for blonies. Now I know it is yummy, I can procede to planning Making them up for gifts.
See that was productive!
Old 10-11-2011, 09:07 AM   #657
Gallery Gazer

Looking forward to stamping friday evening you some of you ladies. Have started chocolate covered pretzels for it. Also have my list of what I need to work on. Today has started out to be nice and productive. Have already sewn todays quota of halloween trunk a treat bags...only need to sew up 19 more to meet the 50 I plan on getting done for it. Will probably cut the last of them out today before heading to hospital to make appt since when I call they don't answer the phone and when you leave message for appt they don't call back.lol Then off to post office to get my pile of bills and fall gifts out. Then home to start setting up stamping area for friday. Oh better go throw a load of laundry in before I hit the streets.lol Hope you all are having a great day!
Old 10-13-2011, 12:06 PM   #658
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via AIM to EthansMom

I received some nice coupons in my e-mail today for Michael's. I went thinking that I'd buy one thing (with the coupon) and get out of there! Holy cow, almost everything is on sale...prices are less than their listed price! The sale is only today and tomorrow, though!
Old 10-13-2011, 01:37 PM   #659
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EthansMom View Post
I received some nice coupons in my e-mail today for Michael's. I went thinking that I'd buy one thing (with the coupon) and get out of there! Holy cow, almost everything is on sale...prices are less than their listed price! The sale is only today and tomorrow, though!
Good for you!!!! Love getting a deal...had one today at the PX, got lots of shirts for 75% off, a couple of birthday gifts and then got an additional $20 off since they had a coupon for $20 off a $100.

Well better get downstairs for now to set up the tables for tomorrow.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:59 AM   #660
Polyshrink Goddess

I had so much fun crafting with you guys last night! It was the first time I've been on a "ladies' night" since I've been here! It was much needed! It was nice to meet you, Michelle and Donna! The funny thing...we just woke up...it's almost 9 a.m.! I haven't gotten to sleep that long in a LONG time!
Old 10-15-2011, 09:09 AM   #661
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenstamper View Post
Hi all! Been away from here way too long! I'm driving up to the Valley tomorrow to visit a lady who sells "whole grains" etc., and Mill's. I've been grinding fresh whole wheat flour at Natural Pantry and we've enjoyed it so I think we'll plunge into buying our own little mill.
I'm taking a few A Muse Studio Catalogs up if anyone in the Valley is interested. Can PM me until tomorrow am.
Donna, I had to go all the way back to May to find something from you! You've gotta get on here more! It was nice talking with you last night. I look forward to your next Amuse workshop, hopefully I can come to the next one!
Old 10-15-2011, 05:24 PM   #662
Gallery Gazer

Ladies I'm soooo glad you were able to come over and get crafty and social. We'll have to do it again more often. Will be finishing up my cards Sunday while hubby it out hunting. Ethansmom don't forget to show us pics of your project once finished. Heather it was nice of you to join us for some chatting. Hopefully you will be able to get inky next time. Thanks ladies...can't wait until the next time.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:26 PM   #663
Embossing Fanatic

Send a message via Skype™ to Frozenstamper

What a fun evening, Tracy! Thanks for hosting our time together. Hope we can do it again!
A Muse Studio Consultant #1011 donnahitz.gci.net
Old 10-16-2011, 11:15 AM   #664
Gallery Gazer

All this rain today is making me very relaxed.lol Really should get up and do some work, since I have a field trip to chaperon tomorrow. Hope you all are enjoying this sleepy day.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:43 PM   #665
Polyshrink Goddess

It's a sad, sad day today at work. Makes me count my blessings.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:24 PM   #666
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
It's a sad, sad day today at work. Makes me count my blessings.
Oh no...that can only mean one thing. Hope the rest of the week is brighter.

The field trip play today was rather nice except for all the kids there.lol Some of these kids really don't have any manners...made me thankful my kiddos still somewhat listens to authority figures.lol

Finished a couple of pillow cases for the kids for christmas...thought I would use them as gift bags. Well off to pick though fabric for the next case. Have a wonderful evening ladies.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:06 AM   #667
Gallery Gazer

Good Morning Alaska,

Hope everyone is doing well. Think I will head to JoAnns today so I can take advantage of their sale.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:54 PM   #668
Gallery Gazer

Got a couple of midnight madness discount cards for JoAnn's good for next week 30% off total purchase, if anyone would like to go shopping let me know what day and time works for you.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:16 PM   #669
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Got a couple of midnight madness discount cards for JoAnn's good for next week 30% off total purchase, if anyone would like to go shopping let me know what day and time works for you.
Tracy, I wouldn't mind going Monday afternoon or Tuesday...
Old 10-19-2011, 06:21 PM   #670
Polyshrink Goddess

I had a rough day today. We took Ethan to the doctor...he's having some complications from a surgery he had a few years ago. Lots of tears from Mommy today.

On a flip side, I made a yummy supper...French Dip Rolls in the crock pot. Loving my crock pot right now. There's a great website Crock Pot Girls that I've been cooking off of. Anybody else try it?

I also signed a demonstrator agreement for Scentsy today...more for the discount on my purchases than anything, but if you're interested in purchasing anything, my new website is https://michelebortvit.scentsy.us It'll be in my signature block as soon as I can remember how to edit it!

Talk to you all soon.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:48 PM   #671
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Tracy, I wouldn't mind going Monday afternoon or Tuesday...
Sounds great...I don't have parent teacher conferences until the 26th, so it works for me. What time would you like to go?
Old 10-19-2011, 06:55 PM   #672
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
I had a rough day today. We took Ethan to the doctor...he's having some complications from a surgery he had a few years ago. Lots of tears from Mommy today.

On a flip side, I made a yummy supper...French Dip Rolls in the crock pot. Loving my crock pot right now. There's a great website Crock Pot Girls that I've been cooking off of. Anybody else try it?

I also signed a demonstrator agreement for Scentsy today...more for the discount on my purchases than anything, but if you're interested in purchasing anything, my new website is https://michelebortvit.scentsy.us It'll be in my signature block as soon as I can remember how to edit it!

Talk to you all soon.
Oh I'm sooo sorry you had a bad day. Hope everything clears up for Ethan.

I haven't tried that site for the crock, but will have to go check it out. I have some crock pot cookbooks that I have used off and on, but usually just throw stuff it there and hope it works out.lol

Took oldest son in for his diabetic appt and was pleasantly surprised got two thumbs up and now don't have to go back again until January. Apparently doc was expecting us to make changes in meds as needed.lol

Made up a purse between last night and today for DD for christmas and I have to say it turned out super cute. Think I want to make up some flower emblishments for the front of it that she will be able to put on or take off depending on her mood for the day.

Better run for now the Pretty Little Liar halloween special is about to start.lol
Old 10-22-2011, 07:31 PM   #673
Gallery Gazer

Went up to Hatchers Pass today...very shocked that there was already snow, people skiing and sledding. Sooooo not ready for snow, got Bood today so I need to get myself down in the stamp zone and make up a few for neighbors. Hope you all are doing well.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:41 AM   #674
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Went up to Hatchers Pass today...very shocked that there was already snow, people skiing and sledding. Sooooo not ready for snow, got Bood today so I need to get myself down in the stamp zone and make up a few for neighbors. Hope you all are doing well.
I heard they had snow already...I didn't realize it was enough to go skiing and sledding though! Makes sense, I guess...higher elevation. I bet it was a pretty drive! So, what do you mean you got Bood today?
Old 10-23-2011, 05:41 AM   #675
Polyshrink Goddess

Today is my 19 year anniversary in the Air Force. Crazy, huh?
Old 10-23-2011, 05:08 PM   #676
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Way to go! Congrats!
Old 10-23-2011, 05:10 PM   #677
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
I heard they had snow already...I didn't realize it was enough to go skiing and sledding though! Makes sense, I guess...higher elevation. I bet it was a pretty drive! So, what do you mean you got Bood today?
Someone left a Boo Basket on my porch. It's filled with halloween goodies and you are suppose to then boo two neighbors once you receive one.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:52 PM   #678
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Yep, we've had some pretty good snowfall in the Talkeetnas the last 2 weeks or so. I am MORE than ready for some here in the Valley. We had snow showers all this morning and I keep waiting for the first big snowfall. I love winters here
Old 10-23-2011, 09:53 PM   #679
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Talk to you all soon.
So sorry about your son Hope he feel better soon!
Old 10-23-2011, 09:53 PM   #680
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Thats awesome, congrats!