Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-27-2011, 08:11 AM   #481
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonsmom98 View Post
Whoo-Hooooo - jammie day!!!!! Am having one of those today, again - but not bumming - cleaning, and thinking of cards! (Am so excited that June is almost here and we get to pre-order a box of the new catties - AND they will be done on a demo order and sent FROM su this time with the rest of our pre-order!!!)
LOL! Good for you, we all need a jammie day every once in awhile. Still haven't gotten to stamping, what the heck is my prob!? That's what they should have been doing all along, would have been more cost effective I'm sure...but they will probably run out.lol

I have chicken salad made for sandwhiches for the park, made extra since I could have sworn I heard kiddos letting all their friends know when we would be there and that they should come.lol Think I will prep some fruit as well before these lazy heads get up...can you believe it not even my early bird is up.lol He must be getting too close to becoming a teenager.lol
Old 05-27-2011, 10:43 AM   #482
Kookie Creator

So, today is the first day after 3 friends moving within 2 weeks of each other. The major suckie part is all 3 were good friends that I spent most of my time with. But in true military spouse fashion, I may still be grieving for my loss, but I'm on the look out forward to making new friends and actualy having the time to pursue said friendships.

So who is up for lunch next week? Say after the 1st? We could even make it a shopping trip. My arm could definately be twisted...
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-28-2011, 02:26 AM   #483
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via AIM to EthansMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmeshelle View Post
So, today is the first day after 3 friends moving within 2 weeks of each other. The major suckie part is all 3 were good friends that I spent most of my time with. But in true military spouse fashion, I may still be grieving for my loss, but I'm on the look out forward to making new friends and actualy having the time to pursue said friendships.

So who is up for lunch next week? Say after the 1st? We could even make it a shopping trip. My arm could definately be twisted...
Oh, Michelle, I am so sorry! I feel ya! I haven't made any connections here yet...and it's tough. I feel like I can't connect with you guys because of my CRAZY hours at work! The ladies I work with are good, but I work with them....keep your chin up! At least we have modern technology and can stay connected electronically!
Old 05-30-2011, 01:54 PM   #484
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Sorry can't plan anything for next week. Hubby is on vacation for the next couple weeks will get together after that.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:01 PM   #485
Gallery Gazer

Went to the museum and movies today with the family. Nice day with them, hoping to go to the reindeer farm next week. Getting new IDs tomorrow, since they have changed, hopefully it won't take long, want to do some stamping for a couple hours tomorrow, need sometime to myself.lol
Old 06-03-2011, 10:39 PM   #486
Gallery Gazer

Tomorrow is an early day for me, need to get up and take DD to take her SATs. Hoping she will do well.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:55 PM   #487
Stampin' Fool

Send a message via Yahoo to Alcojo94

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyltripp View Post
Tomorrow is an early day for me, need to get up and take DD to take her SATs. Hoping she will do well.
Good luck to her! My oldest took the SAT in early May. We just got the results and he didnt do too bad. He'll retake this fall, mainly to get his math scores up. Then my DD will take it in sping 2012. Thank goodness we have a few yrs before we have to go through it with our youngest!
Old 06-05-2011, 07:01 PM   #488
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcojo94 View Post
Good luck to her! My oldest took the SAT in early May. We just got the results and he didnt do too bad. He'll retake this fall, mainly to get his math scores up. Then my DD will take it in sping 2012. Thank goodness we have a few yrs before we have to go through it with our youngest!
Thanks, my DD said the english part was easy but doesn't think she did all that well on one of the math sections, but math has never been on of her strong subjects. Oldest DS will probably take it next year, just to see what he needs to work on, since he will be a junior.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:50 PM   #489
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Thanks, my DD said the english part was easy but doesn't think she did all that well on one of the math sections, but math has never been on of her strong subjects. Oldest DS will probably take it next year, just to see what he needs to work on, since he will be a junior.
Yeah, unfortuantely my oldest inherited my math ability, which equals almost nothing! He is also deaf, which makes the math even tougher, as most deaf kids have a hard time with all the language math uses.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:54 PM   #490
Polyshrink Goddess

Our first visitors have arrived...my mother and father-in-law. It's a good thing. My hubby had surgery last Tuesday (hernia) so I'm thankful for the help. My house is in tip-top shape, so now I can start focusing on my craft room and crafting!

Work is crazy as always... Loving the weather though!
Old 06-07-2011, 06:37 AM   #491
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by EthansMom View Post
Our first visitors have arrived...my mother and father-in-law. It's a good thing. My hubby had surgery last Tuesday (hernia) so I'm thankful for the help. My house is in tip-top shape, so now I can start focusing on my craft room and crafting!

Work is crazy as always... Loving the weather though!
If you dont mind me asking, who did your husbands surgery? I'm having hernia surgery on the 27th, and I'm not looking forward to having to take it easy for a few weeks!
Old 06-07-2011, 11:32 PM   #492
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Yeah, unfortuantely my oldest inherited my math ability, which equals almost nothing! He is also deaf, which makes the math even tougher, as most deaf kids have a hard time with all the language math uses.
Oh I can see how that would be difficult, it's hard enough to understand with out can obsticles (sp) to over come.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:34 PM   #493
Gallery Gazer

[QUOTE=EthansMom;18396437]Our first visitors have arrived...my mother and father-in-law. It's a good thing. My hubby had surgery last Tuesday (hernia) so I'm thankful for the help. My house is in tip-top shape, so now I can start focusing on my craft room and crafting!

Work is crazy as always... Loving the weather though![/QUOTE

So happy you have family visiting that's always nice. Hope dh feels up quickly. Enjoy your time with your family while you can.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:39 PM   #494
Gallery Gazer

We took the kiddos to the reindeer farm in Palmer today. It was so much fun! Loved being able to feed the reindeer, moose and elk by hand, didn't realize reindeer are alot like goats, will follow you around if they think you still have treats.lol One of the elk there came to the fence begging for the green grass on our side of the fence, followed up down it so we would keep picking grass for her, so cute. Of course the batteries in the camera were dead so no pics, just our luck.lol When we have visitors we will have to take them there, after all how many places can you go and feed normally wild creatures that you wouldn't dream of walking up to in the wild.lol Hope you all are enjoying the sunny warm weather.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:50 AM   #495
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
We took the kiddos to the reindeer farm in Palmer today. It was so much fun! Loved being able to feed the reindeer, moose and elk by hand, didn't realize reindeer are alot like goats, will follow you around if they think you still have treats.lol One of the elk there came to the fence begging for the green grass on our side of the fence, followed up down it so we would keep picking grass for her, so cute. Of course the batteries in the camera were dead so no pics, just our luck.lol When we have visitors we will have to take them there, after all how many places can you go and feed normally wild creatures that you wouldn't dream of walking up to in the wild.lol Hope you all are enjoying the sunny warm weather.
Oh that's cool! I bought passes to there through Groupon maybe a month ago! I cannot wait to take Ethan! That so stinks about the camera...you'll just have to go back!
Old 06-08-2011, 09:49 PM   #496
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Oh that's cool! I bought passes to there through Groupon maybe a month ago! I cannot wait to take Ethan! That so stinks about the camera...you'll just have to go back!
Oh you'll have fun!
Old 06-08-2011, 09:52 PM   #497
Gallery Gazer

Today DH and I went to see Bridesmaid. Have to say it was sooooo funny! Haven't laughed that hard in a long time. Great movie to see with a group of girl friends.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:51 PM   #498
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Oh you'll have fun!
We did have fun! Took the in-laws today...lots of fun and worth it! They leave out tomorrow, so looking forward to life as "normal"...whatever that is for us these days! I hope everyone is having a great summer!
Old 06-12-2011, 06:10 PM   #499
Glitter Queen

Quote:
I marked your blog! I am so jealous! I have visited Alaska twice thru cruises and tried to talk the dh into going there for a longer period of time. He keeps promising me we will drive the rv up and spend from may thru october there. I am still waiting, so I will live thru your blog. I have visited Skagway, Juneau, Sitka on the cruises and most enjoyed the inside passage cruise.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:03 PM   #500
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJWAGNER05 View Post
I marked your blog! I am so jealous! I have visited Alaska twice thru cruises and tried to talk the dh into going there for a longer period of time. He keeps promising me we will drive the rv up and spend from may thru october there. I am still waiting, so I will live thru your blog. I have visited Skagway, Juneau, Sitka on the cruises and most enjoyed the inside passage cruise.
Thank you! I've been busy with work and my kids so havent been able to update it much lately but I'm trying!

I love it here! We moved here not knowing anyone and having never been in Alaska ever before. Its just somewhere I've always wanted to be and I knew the minute we set foot here that this is where I was meant to be.

The drive up the Alcan is amazing, so much to see! Definitely a worthwhile trip, and May through October is a perfect time to be up there.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:32 PM   #501
Kookie Creator

week one of summer school down, 5 more to go. I'm already going a little crazy....
Old 06-13-2011, 08:08 PM   #502
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
We did have fun! Took the in-laws today...lots of fun and worth it! They leave out tomorrow, so looking forward to life as "normal"...whatever that is for us these days! I hope everyone is having a great summer!
Oh that is great! Can't wait for the inlaws to come so we can take them. Summer has been wonderful so far...still have lots of things on the list to do.lol
Old 06-16-2011, 11:28 AM   #503
Gallery Gazer

Hey Ladies,

Anyone want to meet up at McDonalds in Eagle River next week thursday (6/23) at 1pm for a late lunch?

I'm willing to bring a couple of projects for us ladies to do while the kids play in the playland. As long as I know how many stampers are coming I will have supplies ready like a mini shoe box swap, so it will be easy to put together a completed projects in an hour or so. I will bring stamping paper as well for us to project our work area, so you would just need to bring your adhessive and sissors.

Sooo what do you think...want to come and get inky while the kids have some fun? Let me know.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:58 PM   #504
Stampin' Fool

So who rocked and rolled with the earthquake this morning? Felt it pretty good up here in Houston! My husband, who is working in Wasilla this week, didnt feel it where he was though.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:50 PM   #505
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
So who rocked and rolled with the earthquake this morning? Felt it pretty good up here in Houston! My husband, who is working in Wasilla this week, didnt feel it where he was though.
Wow, I didn't feel anything here on Ft Richardson.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:52 AM   #506
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Hey Ladies,

Anyone want to meet up at McDonalds in Eagle River next week thursday (6/23) at 1pm for a late lunch?

I'm willing to bring a couple of projects for us ladies to do while the kids play in the playland. As long as I know how many stampers are coming I will have supplies ready like a mini shoe box swap, so it will be easy to put together a completed projects in an hour or so. I will bring stamping paper as well for us to project our work area, so you would just need to bring your adhessive and sissors.

Sooo what do you think...want to come and get inky while the kids have some fun? Let me know.
If I was there - IIII would come!! Not sure which makes me more excited - the thought of McD fries, or doing an awesome project created by you
Old 06-18-2011, 11:10 AM   #507
Kookie Creator

Count me in Tracy!
Old 06-18-2011, 10:07 PM   #508
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
If I was there - IIII would come!! Not sure which makes me more excited - the thought of McD fries, or doing an awesome project created by you
I would say the McD fries.he he he
Old 06-18-2011, 10:09 PM   #509
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Count me in Tracy!
Sounds good...let me know if any of your other gal pals are coming so I can have enough supplies cut for them as well.
Old 06-19-2011, 08:16 PM   #510
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Hey Ladies,

Anyone else able to join us? Hope so, really want to get together with you crafty gals. Donna if you are able to come please bring your Amuse catty.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:44 PM   #511
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Hey Ladies,

Okay so far I have on the list to cut for the following ladies. If you are missing and want to come let us know, so I can cut supplies for you.

Michelle
Jennifer plus 1
Tracy
Old 06-22-2011, 05:15 PM   #512
Kookie Creator

I know I can't waot for tomorrow!
Old 06-23-2011, 10:39 AM   #513
Gallery Gazer

Doing a little housework before getting ready for lunch. Hope you all are enjoying your beautiful summer days.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:53 AM   #514
Gallery Gazer

Getting some household chores done so we can go to the $1 movies tomorrow...showing Shrek4. Haven't seen it yet, so the kids should enjoy it.

Starting to go through stamps again to sell some off. For those of you locallhy that are interested I will let you know before listing them.

Think I will run to JoAnns after some cleaning to pick up a new rotary cutter, want to do some cutting for sewing projects....soooo enjoying my new machine. Have finished several projects this last week...think I should finish my nephews quilt binding and get it in the mail this week.lol

Hope you all are enjoying your week.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:53 PM   #515
Gallery Gazer

Man my back is soooo sore from sewing these past couple of days. Started a throw quilt for hubbies grandmother for christmas, loving it. Bright happy colors to make her nursing home room cheery, big hot pink and orange tulips, with green, purple and turquiose patches. Everything is cut out pink tulip blocks are done, orange tulip blocks started, just need to piece them together. Will probably have the quilt top done my thursday...tooo exciting.
Old 06-29-2011, 02:35 PM   #516
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Man my back is soooo sore from sewing these past couple of days. Started a throw quilt for hubbies grandmother for christmas, loving it. Bright happy colors to make her nursing home room cheery, big hot pink and orange tulips, with green, purple and turquiose patches. Everything is cut out pink tulip blocks are done, orange tulip blocks started, just need to piece them together. Will probably have the quilt top done my thursday...tooo exciting.
Hmmmm....I love tulips.....just saying
Old 06-29-2011, 10:07 PM   #517
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Hmmmm....I love tulips.....just saying
LOL! I didn't do any work on it today since my neck is STILL killing me. Have the heating pad on it off and on all day. The panels really did turn out so cute, can barely see any flaws.he he Would probably be a cute decoration for the door down sized to smaller block sizes and three in a row.

Did also find some cute 12 x 12 decoration patterns that I want to try and get done for gifts, hopefully they will only take a day each.lol
Old 06-30-2011, 08:59 PM   #518
Gallery Gazer

Michaels had some sizzix dies marked down to$5.97. Did get one to make booklets, can't wait to do something with it. Maybe a tea themed project for me fun or maybe a flower theme, we'll see what I come up with.lol Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:05 PM   #519
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Michaels had some sizzix dies marked down to$5.97. Did get one to make booklets, can't wait to do something with it. Maybe a tea themed project for me fun or maybe a flower theme, we'll see what I come up with.lol Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

I might make it down to Anchorage next week sometime, I'll have to go by Michaels and see if there is anything good. I'm also hoping to get by the Stamp Cache in Palmer soon but most of my money is going to the new SU catalog. I have a long list of stuff I want and since I just had surgery Monday I'm not getting around too quickly, so online ordering is much better

Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend! We're staying home but I hope I'm feeling well enough that we can take a trip down to Homer later next week. It will be much better without all the holiday crowds!
Old 07-03-2011, 01:16 AM   #520
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
I might make it down to Anchorage next week sometime, I'll have to go by Michaels and see if there is anything good. I'm also hoping to get by the Stamp Cache in Palmer soon but most of my money is going to the new SU catalog. I have a long list of stuff I want and since I just had surgery Monday I'm not getting around too quickly, so online ordering is much better

Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend! We're staying home but I hope I'm feeling well enough that we can take a trip down to Homer later next week. It will be much better without all the holiday crowds!
Oh I hope your recover quickly. We're not doing much other since hubby has duty. But if you end up coming out this way let me know and we can get toge.ther for some shopping or have lunch, also will to meet up with you at Stamp Cache. I'm pm you my home number so you'll have it.