Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-18-2011, 05:39 AM   #361
Gallery Gazer

TGIF Alaska!

This has been a long week! Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:17 PM   #362
Gallery Gazer

Well, I finish a little hostest gift last night, I think it turned out cute playing on the theme of the get together, but we'll see if she thinks it cute.lol

Being a total bum today, still in pj's...thinking about making something to eat, I'm sure the kids have to be hungery by now, I know I am.

Hope you are all enjoying your weekend.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:15 AM   #363
Kookie Creator

Sorry I haven't been around y'all! I have been busy. Thursday was Phillip's birthday, I now have a 5 year old. I can't kid myself much longer about him not being a big kid. He start Kindergarten in the fall. What happened to my sweet little baby?

Oh yeah, I found out Thursday that on his afternoon bus he is a handful and gets the other kids wound up. Friday I spoke with his morning bus crew and was in formed he is the comedian in the goupe. And I asked his teacher to be honest with me. She told me he is the class clown. I just don't know what to think about all that.

Today we are off to church and then have some running around to do before his birthday party at 3:15. It is hard to get excited about something when you have no clue how many are ACTUALLY showing up. I am discusted at the parents I don't personally know. Everyone I don't know didn't bother to RSVP. ***? I also said siblings were welcome so God only knows how many people will actually show. I have room for 25. Lets see how many actually show up. BUT, first things first! Off to church I go! I hope everyonehas a good Sunday!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-20-2011, 10:20 AM   #364
Gallery Gazer

Michelle hope you all have a great time at the birthday party. Sorry to hear about your school concerns, I know they can be trying.lol

Kids are currently working on their chores, since I told them I would take them to lunch if the chores get done by 10:50am without complaining or fighting, so far so good, better get a bath and ready to go.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:21 PM   #365
Kookie Creator

Thanks Tracy! The party was good. Would been better if more people had come. This is why I gave up doing parties. I paid $202.50 for a private party thinking that 1/2 the people who didn't RSVP would show up. That is the norm for everyone else in the damn world. Including y kids, there were 6 kids. I am so mad I could scream. But I am trying to let it go. I give up on birthday parties.

OK! IN an effort to be positive... I am LOOKING FORWARD to my Pampered Chef Party. Not the cleaning, but the party should be fun. Rememer everyone, it is this Friday at 7 pm! A head count would be nice! Anyone interested please either PM me or five a shout out. If you'll need directions let me know!
Old 03-21-2011, 12:10 AM   #366
Hardware Hotshot

Michelle, I am so sorry. RSVPing is a lost art, isn't it?! Drives me CRAZY! You were right on with the 50% rule.

We had the complete OPPOSITE happen to my 9 year old daughter. She did a laser tag party and I think every boy in her class was there! WE had 22 kids show up...3 without a RSVP and some sibs came...which cost me. I always invited siblings when they were younger, but not when they were older AND I don't know the parents. I was amazed at how many parents just assumed I would pay $4 per laser tag game for the sibling to play too. Of course, I did not say anything, but I was annoyed. In fact, they had to split our party up because it was too big to play at the same time. You would think that would clue them in. But no. And it was mass chaos.

DH told me this was the last time EVER we would invite the whole class! Next time, only girls!

And don't get me started on DH, who played almost every laser tag game! I was like HELLO! You are here to HELP me, not play!!! Sheesh!! men!

Have a great PC party!! Wish I lived closer!!
Old 03-21-2011, 07:33 AM   #367
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmeshelle View Post
Thanks Tracy! The party was good. Would been better if more people had come. This is why I gave up doing parties. I paid $202.50 for a private party thinking that 1/2 the people who didn't RSVP would show up. That is the norm for everyone else in the damn world. Including y kids, there were 6 kids. I am so mad I could scream. But I am trying to let it go. I give up on birthday parties.

OK! IN an effort to be positive... I am LOOKING FORWARD to my Pampered Chef Party. Not the cleaning, but the party should be fun. Rememer everyone, it is this Friday at 7 pm! A head count would be nice! Anyone interested please either PM me or five a shout out. If you'll need directions let me know!
I'm coming!
Old 03-21-2011, 07:38 AM   #368
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by My3LittleMonkeys View Post
Michelle, I am so sorry. RSVPing is a lost art, isn't it?! Drives me CRAZY! You were right on with the 50% rule.

We had the complete OPPOSITE happen to my 9 year old daughter. She did a laser tag party and I think every boy in her class was there! WE had 22 kids show up...3 without a RSVP and some sibs came...which cost me. I always invited siblings when they were younger, but not when they were older AND I don't know the parents. I was amazed at how many parents just assumed I would pay $4 per laser tag game for the sibling to play too. Of course, I did not say anything, but I was annoyed. In fact, they had to split our party up because it was too big to play at the same time. You would think that would clue them in. But no. And it was mass chaos.

DH told me this was the last time EVER we would invite the whole class! Next time, only girls!

And don't get me started on DH, who played almost every laser tag game! I was like HELLO! You are here to HELP me, not play!!! Sheesh!! men!

LMAO!!!! Thank you so much for that...needed a good laugh! At least now I know I'm not in that WHAT boat all alone.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:03 PM   #369
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via AIM to EthansMom

Michelle,

I cannot make it Friday, but if you post a link to your party, I'll check it out!
Old 03-22-2011, 05:40 AM   #370
Gallery Gazer

Good Morning Alaska!

Lots to do today, since I blow off most of my to do list yesterday.lol Hope you all are doing well. Have a great day.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:15 PM   #371
Gallery Gazer

Pulled out a friendship cake this morning from the freezer...just had some and it was so yummy. Really hit the spot.

Hope you all had a warm day. Finally made my post office run and did a little shopping at the px, they had lots of clearance clothes for $1 and $5.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:46 PM   #372
Polyshrink Goddess

Tracy, i wonder if we were there at the same time? I was there just after 11. I hit the commissary for some necessities. I fell last Thursday and landed on my ankle...thankful it didn't break, but it's been really sore. I haven't felt like doing much. Tonight I'm working on a no-sew blanket for my niece's birthday. I've got one more day off (tomorrow) then 2 days on then on call over the weekend. I've never had to work a shift before so I'm still getting used to it all. I'm hoping sooner or later I'll get to meet you all!
Old 03-22-2011, 08:59 PM   #373
Hardware Hotshot

Is Friendship cake like Amish Bread? I love that stuff! Man, it has been a LONG time since I made some. You get a starter from someone, right?

Looks like I get to go home to see my family this summer! I know, crazy time to leave AK, but I miss them...it has been since 2008 and the kids need to see their cousins!
Old 03-22-2011, 09:10 PM   #374
Kookie Creator

Quote:
I'll PM you the party link. Even if you can't be here in person, you can still order if you need (or just want) anything.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:12 PM   #375
Hardware Hotshot

I always **need** stuff. Much to DH's dismay...LOL
Old 03-22-2011, 09:13 PM   #376
Hardware Hotshot

If you want to email it to me, you can do it to my screen name at gmail.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:19 PM   #377
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EthansMom View Post
Michelle,

I cannot make it Friday, but if you post a link to your party, I'll check it out!
I'll be PMing you as well.
Old 03-23-2011, 01:07 PM   #378
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Tracy, i wonder if we were there at the same time? I was there just after 11. I hit the commissary for some necessities. I fell last Thursday and landed on my ankle...thankful it didn't break, but it's been really sore. I haven't felt like doing much. Tonight I'm working on a no-sew blanket for my niece's birthday. I've got one more day off (tomorrow) then 2 days on then on call over the weekend. I've never had to work a shift before so I'm still getting used to it all. I'm hoping sooner or later I'll get to meet you all!
Sorry to hear about your ankle, hope it's starting to feel better. I was up there around noon I want to say since I stopped at the post office first. Spent all morning at the hospital for my mamo...now on my way back for my 2pm appt.
Old 03-23-2011, 01:11 PM   #379
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Is Friendship cake like Amish Bread? I love that stuff! Man, it has been a LONG time since I made some. You get a starter from someone, right?

Looks like I get to go home to see my family this summer! I know, crazy time to leave AK, but I miss them...it has been since 2008 and the kids need to see their cousins!
Yes the Friendship cake is on the same lines as the bread. You can start with a start or start one your self in a jar on the counter, you just add canned fruits and sugar every 10 days and stir daily after 30 days you start to use the fruit, you give away a cup of the juice as the starts for new batches, it will also last up to a year in the refrig, while not wanting to work on it.

Oh I'm sure you will have a wonderful time back home on your visit.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:11 PM   #380
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyltripp View Post
Yes the Friendship cake is on the same lines as the bread. You can start with a start or start one your self in a jar on the counter, you just add canned fruits and sugar every 10 days and stir daily after 30 days you start to use the fruit, you give away a cup of the juice as the starts for new batches, it will also last up to a year in the refrig, while not wanting to work on it.

Oh I'm sure you will have a wonderful time back home on your visit.
I loooooove that one!!! My mom always had a HUGE jar of it going on the counter, when I was growing up!!!! I remember sneaking some of the fruit - LOL - was potent stuff!!! ...I sure didn't feel well afterwards, when I would do that - LOL!!!
Old 03-23-2011, 08:56 PM   #381
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonsmom98 View Post
I loooooove that one!!! My mom always had a HUGE jar of it going on the counter, when I was growing up!!!! I remember sneaking some of the fruit - LOL - was potent stuff!!! ...I sure didn't feel well afterwards, when I would do that - LOL!!!
Oh it's really good over angel food cake too!
Old 03-24-2011, 06:35 AM   #382
Gallery Gazer

Good Morning!

Forcing myself to get up off the cough today and go finish my started swaps and make some Easter goodies, ugh...not feeling it though, but will do it.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:31 PM   #383
Gallery Gazer

Michelle thanks for having me at your PC party, had a wonderful time and it was nice meeting your other friends. They are a wonderful group of ladies. Also, crazy me gets home and finds the hostest gift I made for you last week...so will give it to you when I see you this coming week. And to think I was really excited about how it turned out.lol
Old 03-26-2011, 10:24 AM   #384
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Oh Tracy! Thank you for coming! I was pleasantly suprise at how well the whole thing turned out. I feel like I'm famous for having parties that go NOWHERE!! Without really trying (aside from the cleaning) I feel like I had my first successful party.
Oh good, hopefully you got to a level to get all that you wanted for free or cheap!lol

Last edited by Jeanne S; 03-28-2011 at 09:14 PM..
Old 03-28-2011, 11:58 AM   #385
Gallery Gazer

Made hot and sour soup today for lunch, it's so yummy, sure hit the spot. Finished my first set of 3x3 swap cards, even have an extra three for me to use this coming Christmas. Now need to start thinking about the next set and what I will do.

Now waiting for a SU! email order to come in, hopefully soon so I can go back to stamping and doing a few chores here and there. Hope you all are enjoying your day.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:52 PM   #386
Gallery Gazer

Hey do you like my new avatar? Hope so it's my DD artwork. We are so thrilled that her piece was choosen for this poster.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:13 PM   #387
Gallery Gazer

This has been a long never ending day...off to bed since I will need to be up and dressed and ready to leave when my youngest leaves. Not a morning person so this makes me unhappy.lol Hope you all are doing well.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:44 AM   #388
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
This has been a long never ending day...off to bed since I will need to be up and dressed and ready to leave when my youngest leaves. Not a morning person so this makes me unhappy.lol Hope you all are doing well.
WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTT?!?! I never knew that... bahahahahahahahaha!!!!!
Old 03-31-2011, 08:16 AM   #389
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonsmom98 View Post
WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTT?!?! I never knew that... bahahahahahahahaha!!!!!
LMAO!!!! Well I'm feeling a nap coming on now, had trouble sleeping last night. Woke up every two hours.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:49 AM   #390
Gallery Gazer

So thankful it's friday! Looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow. We had dinner last night up at the school for military appreciation, was wonderful not to have to cook a meal. Hope you all enjoy your day!
Old 04-03-2011, 09:06 PM   #391
Polyshrink Goddess

I just finished a 60-hour work week...11 babies born this weekend. These people need to find antihero extracurricular activity! LOL! The nice part...if I can get over being so tired tomorrow, I can actually work in my stamp room this week because I only have one shift to do mid-week. I hope everyone is doing well!
Old 04-04-2011, 10:30 AM   #392
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
I just finished a 60-hour work week...11 babies born this weekend. These people need to find antihero extracurricular activity! LOL! The nice part...if I can get over being so tired tomorrow, I can actually work in my stamp room this week because I only have one shift to do mid-week. I hope everyone is doing well!
LOL! That's alot of babies...was there a full moon?

Would you like to get together for lunch one day this week?
Old 04-04-2011, 10:32 AM   #393
Gallery Gazer

Okay I've been up off my rear today actually doing household chores.lol Got the dishes done, bills paid, laundry started and a roast in the crockpot. Now need to start working on picking up the living room and switching over the laundry. Hope you all are doing well.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:22 AM   #394
Kookie Creator

OK, anyone here an Army Wives Fan? I just got caught up on the last 2 episodes and my eyes hurt from crying that much.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:24 PM   #395
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
OK, anyone here an Army Wives Fan? I just got caught up on the last 2 episodes and my eyes hurt from crying that much.
No I don't watch them.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:08 AM   #396
Gallery Gazer

Good morning!

This morning is dragging on. One ds is coughing and sneezing, know he really isn't feeling well, but they have testing so he had to go to school. Hope he makes it through the test, told him if he still wasn't feeling better after the test he could come home. Need to run to the library and return some games, but can't leave until I get the last kiddo out of the house. She goes in late due to the test since she doesn't have any she needs to take so the bus is coming back around picking up the nontesting kids at 10:15.lol Missing my time alone in the house.lol

Hope you all are doing well.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:00 PM   #397
Gallery Gazer

Hey Donna,

Do you have another Amuse event scheduled yet? Would love to see the catty in person and some of the emblishments. Let me know, please....no pressure.lol
Old 04-05-2011, 01:06 PM   #398
Kookie Creator

Yeah Donna.. I wanna see too!
Old 04-08-2011, 12:23 PM   #399
Gallery Gazer

Ugh it's official government shutting down...need to run and cash a check since PX will be closed starting tomorrow until further notice. As if my life doesn't have enough issues I need to deal with crap too!
Old 04-08-2011, 05:23 PM   #400
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Ugh it's official government shutting down...need to run and cash a check since PX will be closed starting tomorrow until further notice. As if my life doesn't have enough issues I need to deal with crap too!
LOL....Right?! Our PX will stay open....but the commissary will close....So, went today and, stocked my freezer!!!! Even bought "reduced" breads and threw them in the freezer - I knew you would be proud