Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
Location: VA...between the mountains and the ocean beach!
2nd Williamsburg VA Shoebox Swap & Gathering
2nd Williamsburg Virginia Shoebox Swap and Gathering
Saturday, May 31, 2008
Swap is FULL and we can't take more at this time!! FINAL COUNT: 20 3D's ... 26 cards (plus xtra for boo boos)
Hosted by: Jimmi Mayo (jpmayo), Sherri Mallory (sherristampsalot) and Sherry Campbell (SherryLC05). If you have any questions, e-mail one of us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Who: Any Splitcoast-registered stampers are welcome - but we’re limiting it to 20 attendees at this point. (If you’re not registered it’s a simple and free process.)
CHANGE: Now up to 25-27 attendees!
What: Shoebox Swap and Gathering – Stampin’ Up supplies preferred but not required
Where: Our Savior’s Lutheran Church
7479 Richmond Road, Williamsburg VA
(the little town is called Norge)
DIRECTIONS --> are in Post #52
For reference, Chesapeake/Virginia Beach is only about an hour from Williamsburg, as is Richmond. Fredericksburg is 1 ½ hours and Northern Virginia is anywhere from 2 -3 hours, depending on how far north you are.[/FONT][/COLOR]
When: Saturday, May 31st, 2008
Time: 9 am to 4 pm
[/FONT][/COLOR]How: PM or E-mail Sherri at email@example.com with your intentions, and then send in your payment and registration form. Your name will be added to the Tentative list and will be moved to the Paid list when I receive payment from you.There are no refunds. Payment due by May 16th!
TENTATIVE (Your spot is not reserved until payment is received!)
What do you need to do?
Create a full card and bring enough supplies in a box for everyone to make one (number of attendees plus enough for 2 mess ups, please). These supplies should include everything you need to make your card (pre-cut card stock, punches, embellishments, accessories such as markers or WWC or pencils, etc). Each attendee will supply their own adhesive which they will carry with them from table to table. You might want to label your adhesive since it will be moving around. You may also want to bring your paper snips and cutter just in case.
We will provide a pizza lunch and drinks (water, diet and regular soda) for all attendees. You can munch at your own pace and get back to stamping when you are ready.
Optional 3D Swap
If you want to participate in this optional swap, indicate on your registration form and then show up with prepared 3D item of your choice to swap with the attendees. Examples of 3D items could be coasters, candles, dominoes, accordion books, coaster albums, magnetic bookmarks, glass bead magnets, etc. There are NO VENDOR RESTRICTIONS on the optional 3D swap. Make sure to note on registration form if you are interested in participating in this swap so we can get a tally of total swaps needed. After the May 16th payment deadline you will be notified of how many 3D swap participants we have, and therefore how many swaps you’d need to prepare. If you have any questions about the 3D swap, feel free to e-mail Jimmi.
We want to do door prizes! We are hoping that each registrant will bring one. If you do bring a door prize, your name will go in the drawing *two* times, however, you may only win one door prize. Items should be handstamped or stamping related.
Anything else? Lots More!!!
• Stampin’ Up! materials are preferred, but not required. With all the companies like MFT/My Favorite Things, Gina K Designs, PaperTrey Ink, and so many others, we don’t want to limit the vendors.
• This is for adults only, so please register only if you’re 18 or older
• We’ll provide nametags if you need them, but if you have one, feel free to wear it.
• Please remember to bring your own adhesive (and scissors or snips if you’d like to have them with you). It is a good idea to label your items since they will travel from table to table with you.
• We will provide baby wipes and styrofoam plates for cleaning stamps, but you might want to bring your scrubby and spray for a good cleaning before you pack up at the end of the day.
• Acrylic one-piece picture frames (the L-shaped ones you can get at Walmart for around a dollar) are a good way to display your sample card and keep if from getting messed up. This is not required-just an idea.
• If you would like you can bring ‘recipe labels’ for the back of the cards, but please do not adhere them to the card stock as some people might want to send these cards while others want them for demo boards.
• You might want to bring a camera to document how much fun we’re going to have!!
• Feel free to bring your ‘garage sale’ items (retired items only please) for trade or sale with other attendees, but if you’re a demo, please, no selling current items at this event.
• We’ll provide clear Ziploc bags for you to put your shoebox cards in at the end of the day.
Now...PM or email me your real name and SCS name to go on the Tentative list. Then fill out a registration form and mail it and your check to : Sherri Mallory, 4650 Fenton Mill Road, Williamsburg VA 23188 before May16th.When your payment is received you will move to the Paid list. This should give everyone plenty of time to plan and prepare their swaps.
Last edited by sherristampsalot; 05-23-2008 at 09:34 PM..
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni VSN Go to Girl Pretty, Pretty Princess
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Suffolk, VA
I cant wait for ths SBS
I was just thinking about my swap tonight and about what I am going to do for the 3-d swap! I missed it last time but after seeing the stuff everyone made for it, there is no way I am misisng it this year!
Location: VA...between the mountains and the ocean beach!
I think at some point I had two "Paulettes" on the list...but maybe I had Bug & Paw also listed as yesonyx4u... I have removed one... So if there really is supposed to be another Paulette please let me know!