Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
Hello fellow PA gals. We have it all set! Our next Shoebox Swap is scheduled and I hope you will beable to join us. This is my first time hosting so if you have any ideas please feel free to bounce them off of me.
Date: Saturday, April 25, 2009 Time: 10am-5pm Location: Fancy That Scrapbook Store
139 S Hanover Street, Hummelstown, PA 17036 http://www.fancythatscrapbook.com Cost: $20.00 ($15 of this amount will be given back to you as an in store credit the day of the shoebox swap). The remainig $5 will be used for beverages and paper products. Deadline: The deadline to sign up is April 1st. Your spot will not be confirmed until payment is received. Please send your payment made out to: Melanie Newby, RR#2 Box 230, Millerstown, PA 17062 Capacity: We only have room for 24 swappers so once we are full we will start a wait list.
What we will be doing!!
1. You will put together card kits for each person in attendance. You need to include all the needed supplies to make your card. You also need to make a sample of your card along with written instructions for everyone to use as a guide. Place your kits in a "shoebox" or another container to keep your items together. The card theme will be ALL OCCASSION. So make anything your heart desires.
2. In turn you will get to take home as many cards as people that attend.
3. A yard sale table will be provided for you to sell your GENTLY used stamping or scrapbooking items. All items MUST be clearly marked with a price and your name.
4. Bring a pot luck for us to enjoy for lunch. We will eat lunch around 12pm. Drinks and paper products will be provided.
5. Tag Challenge: Create a tag of any occasion. Your tag must be at least 3x2 in size (may be larger.) You can make your tag as simple or fancy as you would like. When you arrive at the swap you will turn your tag in to us. We will then arrange them for everyone to see and vote on. Please DO NOT put your name anywhere on the tag. At the end of the swap we will tally up the votes and the "winner" of our tag challenge will receive the prize of taking home everyone's wonderful tag creations. If you need ideas visit our wonderful SCS gallery.
Please make sure you continue to check the thread for updates. Also I will post when we are full or when I close sign up. This will tell you how many card kits you will need to make. If you have ANY questions please feel free to PM me or call me at 717-773-1607. Thanks so much!!
Those Signed Up:
Making 2 cards - 1. (Melanie) mnewby - Paid
Making 1 card - 2. (Debby)-mnewby's mom - Paid
Make 2 cards - 3. (Barb) BSD - Paid 2/18/19
Make 2 cards - 4. (Michon) michongarf - Paid 3/30/09
Making 2 cards - 5. (Jen) jetstudio29 - Paid 2/18/09 -
Making 1 card - 6. tlfstamper - Paid 2/19/09
Making 1 card - 7. (Sharon) SHARMILL - Paid 2/25/09
Making 2 cards - 8. (Jen) cupojafa - Paid 2/23/09
Making 1 card - 9. eeddmm - Paid 2/26/09
Melanie - tatertot cassarole
Jen - desert
Barb - Warm Sandwhich Item
Jen (cupojafa)- Salad
Michon (michongarf)- Hoagie Dip
Terry (eeddmm)- Chip, Crackers, Dip
Sharon- Mac & Cheese or Desert
Tracy (tlfstamper)- Appetizer (wrap)
Debby - Veggie, Cheese, and Meat tray
The down and dirty of a shoebox swap is each person brings everything needed for their particular card design in a "shoebox". You make enough card kits for all in attendance. You then move from table to table, or box to box, and make each card. It is really fun. Hummelstown is basically a couple minutes from Harrisburg and right next to Hershey (central PA). You need to make a trip one day as Fancy That is one of the best scrapbook stores ever, and I have been to a lot of stores in a lot of states over the past ten years of scrapping!
Terry thanks so much for explaining. Do you mind posting or PMing me the link for the last get together they hosted? I don't want to step on anyones toes but would really like to get something going for this spring. Thanks so much!
I would be okay to switch to the following weekend if you decide to change it. I will also hunt up the thread from a previous swap and post there in case anyone is still linked to help get the word out. I know I don't check this section every time I am on, maybe others don't either.
Thank you Barb, I'll see if some of the girls that are unable to attend can the following weekend. If so then I will call Fancy That to see about chaning the date. Thank you for posting on the other threads as well. I don't visit this section every time either.