Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-13-2008, 12:19 PM   #1  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Northern Illinois/Southern Wisconsin get together?

I was looking to see if there was an interest in a get together here in Northern Illinois/Southern Wisconsin area. I would be interested in getting together some sort of stamp-a-thon or a shoebox swap with tables to stamp at...I was first looking to see if there was an interest...and see how many people would be interested in attending...this is purely social and another reason for me NOT to clean something whatever day we decide to get together...hahaha.

I have a spot or 2 in mind but I wouldn't know what to charge...if anything it would only be to pay for the room...the cost would be minimal...if anything. If interested please PM me or just leave a post here and I can touch base with everyone.

Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2008, 12:53 PM   #2  
Glitter Queen

Default I'm interested~

I definitely would be interested!!! I would also have a few friends who would love to attend a SWAP! Keep me updated!

Amanda

Last edited by mandi220; 01-16-2008 at 01:55 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2008, 03:02 PM   #3  
~~Triple S Threat~~

I'm also interested!

but of course depends on your date and location. I'm central IL and willing to drive 3 - 4 hours.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2008, 03:17 PM   #4  
Crimping Master

I would definitely try to make it worth the while to get here...I was hoping to get a few interested folks to maybe demo a technique or two that is here in SCS...there are somethings I would like to see in person done. Where in Central Illinois are you? I would like it to be at least a 1/2 day long if not an all day thing...I guess I am just interested in meeting other SCS out there...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2008, 08:01 PM   #5  
~~Triple S Threat~~

I'm 1/2 hour from Peoria

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2008, 07:33 PM   #6  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Interested

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldywardView Post
I was looking to see if there was an interest in a get together here in Northern Illinois/Southern Wisconsin area. I would be interested in getting together some sort of stamp-a-thon or a shoebox swap with tables to stamp at...I was first looking to see if there was an interest...and see how many people would be interested in attending...this is purely social and another reason for me NOT to clean something whatever day we decide to get together...hahaha.

I have a spot or 2 in mind but I wouldn't know what to charge...if anything it would only be to pay for the room...the cost would be minimal...if anything. If interested please PM me or just leave a post here and I can touch base with everyone.

Thanks!!!
I'm interested in helping pull this together. I'm in southern WI and am more than willing to travel for my hobby! I'm not new to scrapping, but a new SU demo. Let me know if you want help putting this together. [email protected]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2008, 09:23 AM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

I'm interested in a get-together too! I have two friends that might be interested, too.
Krista
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2008, 10:10 AM   #8  
Crimping Master

Default Mont to get-together...

I have been looking at my calendar of things coming...I know I will be unavailable on April 19th..SU Regionals I am planning on attending in Milwaukee...So what is good for everyone else? How abut the month of March? would like at least 1 month to plan for technique-demos/swaps/raffles/food etc...Anyone who would like to help please PM me or email me at [email protected] and we can start to work out details...Plus...if anyone has any ideas on anything involving a get-togehter...don't be shy...please share It can only make the event better!

Thanks!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2008, 04:08 PM   #9  
Compulsive Stamper

Default month

I think either Feb 23 or almost any Saturday in March. March 29th is the Rubber Stamp Expo at State Fair Park in Milwaukee, and the Midwest Scrapbook Assoc. has their convention in Madison on March 28-29. Is the location you are looking at using available for an all day event on the weekend?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2008, 07:28 AM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

I would be interested. I am in the Chicagoland area and would love to get together and meet other crafters.
Tracey C.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2008, 07:55 PM   #11  
Inking Addict

I would be VERY interested in joining in. I live in SE Wisconsin and think I may have several ladies in my area that may be interested in attending. I will pass this on to them. Let us know what we can do to help organize this.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2008, 08:07 PM   #12  
Cardstock Collector

Default Get together

good luck with your swap

Last edited by vitaloo; 02-08-2008 at 05:17 PM.. Reason: no reason
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2008, 08:11 PM   #13  
Cardstock Collector

Default Wisconsin/Illinois Get TOgether

Ladies - I have a group on Yahoo called LOcal Card Scrap Club and
I specifically formed this group to find people in "like" areas to form scrap/crop card clubs --- if anyone wants to join - let me know and I can send you a link.

Lynne
[email protected]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2008, 02:20 PM   #14  
Crimping Master

Default Update...

I have been receiving everyones emails regarding a get-together...

I need to get this narrowed down by a couple of things...there are a couple of places that are interested in hosting an event for us and I may have a few places donating a couple of things for raffles, etc... So please email me at

[email protected] (this is strictly my stamping email address and emails won't get mixed in with personal emails). Please answer these few questions...Thank you!!!!!

1. If I cannot secure a 'free' space to meet, there may be a charge for the location (I do have a small civic center-a nicer meeting location) working on a quote. Would you pay a small fee to come to the event? As soon as I get the quote and I find out how many people would attend I would just split the amount between the attendees. The more people the lower the fee.

2. Would you want a small lunchbox type meal (ex. panera) included in the price or would you want to be responsible for providing your own lunch?

3. Day of the week to meet (I know people work during the week but I thought I would ask)...Friday, Saturday or Sunday? (the time of the even would be 9 or 10am til 7pm or 8pm)

4. Do I have any volunteers to help out before/during/after?

5. Are there any techniques that you would want to see demonstrated? Do you have a talent for a particular technique and would want to share?

6. How many people would be attending? Please be specific so I can get an estimated number of attendee to the locations.

7. Would you be interested in a swap of some sort and/or swapping a $5.00 gift? Meaning you bring a small gift, you get to take a small gift in return?

8. Would you need any special accomodations?

These are all of the questions I have right now...but feel free to add any other important information you may have in your email.

Again...Thank you... I look forward to email all of you soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2008, 01:51 PM   #15  
Crimping Master

Default For those subscribed to this thread...

I just wanted to give an update to this thread...I also wanted to clarify that there is also a Northwest Shoebox scheduled for March 29th (?) I think and I dopn't want anybody to get too confused with that get together...which is great for those that may live near Arlington Heights...they sound like they will have a real good shoebox... . There are some talented ladies running that shoebox.

I have found a great location...however, and this is where I don't want to get confused...it is also available on March 29. I can see if there are dates available in May...(April is completely booked). I really wanted the weather to be nice so those driving from Wisconsin or Illinois or from where ever did not have issues with this crazy weather.

Here are some of the specifics I have found out...

There is another scrapbook club that also meets at the Civic Center and they have great success...I may have to try hooking up with that bunch and get them invited. They have room for up to 200 people (I don't think we will top out at that...but that would be huge!)

Box lunches will be provided, the civic center had a great caterer that will come in under Panera Bread for cost.

Hobby Lobby & JoAnne's are within 1/2 mile so should you forget something, its there should you need it.

Some of the activities I have thought of are...
1. Card donation for oversees troops
2. Card & Scrapbook layout competition
3. Ribbon Swap
4. $5.00 wrapped gift swap
5. Embellishment exchange (no $$ involved)
6. Grab bags

I am still thinking of techniques to demo...Gamsol? Copic? Explosion Box? Still looking for ideas regarding that...I have the registration for finished I just need to decide on the date. I do not want to compete with another get-together, in case some stampers were going to that one. I hope to decide within the next few days...I am meeting with the Civic Center lady tomorrow...should the snow hold off.

Those who have volunteered to help I will be contacting 2 of you to assist...be on the lookout for my email...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2008, 08:27 AM   #16  
Crimping Master

Default Yet another Update...

I signed the contract this morning for the event...the registration forms will be available after this weekend, I am having another SCS assist me with getting the forms just right...Here is what I can tell you so far...

Date: March 29th, 2008-Saturday
Time: 9:30am-4pm
Where: Round Lake Beach Civic Center
http://www.rlbciviccenter.org/
What: A relaxing day to get together and scrapbook/make cards
(possible shoebox), competitions, swaps, fantastic boxed lunch,
place to meet fellow SCS and get to know ya...
Cost: $25.00 for the day and lunch & goodie bags included!

The Civic Center would really like this to turn into a bigger event down the road...there are a few other scrapbook groups that use this space as well...Down the road I would like to plan a Northern Illinois Scrapbook get-together and donate $$ to a charity, etc...or host a day with scrapbook realted direct sales companies...but that is in the future.

This event so far does not have a limit on the amount of attendees...should I go over what the room accomodates...we can go into another section that is bigger. If you have additional questions please PM me here or send an email to [email protected] and I will get back to you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2008, 10:11 AM   #17  
Cardstock Collector

Default Wisconsin Get together

Good luck to you folks in Illinois sounds like fun!

Lynne

Last edited by vitaloo; 02-08-2008 at 05:18 PM.. Reason: none
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2008, 10:39 AM   #18  
Crimping Master

Round Lake is 15 minutes west of Great America, 15 minutes east of McHenry and 15 minutes south of Wisconsin (I have been known to make it in 10minutes...hahaha). Just to give everyone a perspective where Round Lake is...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2008, 10:43 AM   #19  
Cardstock Collector

Default Round Lake Beach

Good luck with your swap

Last edited by vitaloo; 02-08-2008 at 05:17 PM.. Reason: none in particule
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2008, 10:51 AM   #20  
Cardstock Collector

Default Wisconsin GET TOGETHER

Please see the Wisconsin LInk if you are in Wisconsin

Last edited by vitaloo; 02-08-2008 at 05:16 PM.. Reason: changed my mind about this post
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2008, 06:54 PM   #21  
Crimping Master

Default Trouble uploading registration form...

I am having a HUGE problem uploading tonight:( ...I have a feeling it is linked to the same issue with gallery photos not loading either...A new server perhaps...I wanted to get the registration form uploaded tonight with the info for the event...I will paste the info document into this post. If you want a registration form please email me and I will send you one as soon as possible...I will keep trying to upload the attachment for registration.

There is a bonus to register early...read on...

Payment

Cost to Attend: $25.00 (Cost covers room/lunch/raffle/sweets/random goodies)

Everyone who registers and attends this event will be entered in the raffle being held that day for the grand prize�I will not say what the grand prize is yet�but it is good! Do you want an additional entry to the raffle? Register and send payment by March 1st.

Registration is non-refundable�please plan accordingly.

Checks will be accepted if received by March 14, 2008, after March 14, PayPal will be accepted (add $1.00 for processing fees). Email me for instructions on how to pay by PayPal. Mail completed form along with payment to:
Debbie Ward
35725 Wilson Blvd.
Round Lake, Illinois 60073

Bonanza Activities-Optional

1. Donation Cards for Soldiers

No Limit to the number of cards brought for this activity. I will be collecting cards to send to soldiers stationed overseas. Patriotic cards have been requested for this shipment. Card size must be 5-1/2 by 4-1/4 inches, no larger or smaller. This would be a quarter of a full sheet of paper 8-1/2x11 inches. You MUST sign your name to the inside of the card. You may add a note if you wish. Soldiers like to hear about you, your family, where you come from or to receive a word of thanks for the job they do. (No blank cards will be sent to soldiers) Please supply an unsealed envelope for each card you are donating. When using dark cardstock for the card, please use inks that can be seen when writing messages or stamping images/text to the inside of the card. White, gold and silver pens work well for signing cards. Or use white text weight paper to write your note on the inside of the card. Please do not add potpourri or perfume to the cards/box/envelope. I have allergies and the odors can cause me problems. The may be true for the soldiers receiving the card. Cards will be sent to Angel Stamper for Soldiers. This is their website: http://www.angelstampersforsoldiers.com/as4s/ if you would like further info, you can find it here.

2. $10.00 Wrapped Homemade Gift Swap

Please bring a small homemade gift(s), not to exceed $10.00 total. Wrap the gift or place the gift in a gift bag. We will have a table set up to �exchange� your gift. You may put your info on the inside of the gift bag (for RAK�s and �thank you�s�) but not on the outside. If you have questions or are looking for inspiration please email or leave a post on the thread�we will sure have ideas.

3. Ribbon Swap

I adore ribbon and I feel you can never have enough. This can get to be pretty big depending on the final number for attendees. I will group participants in groups of 10 for this swap. Please bring 10-1yd. lengths of ribbon (one style per swapper) and leave the day with 10 different types of ribbon. If you would like to receive 20 different types of ribbon sign up for 2 groups, and so on�I will send out a final # of attendees before the event and how many groups of swappers there are.

4. Scrapbook Page Competition/Card Competition

Competition for scrapbook pages will be as follows: Scrapbook pages will be voted on in the following categories�1 page layout, 2 page layout (layouts can be any size). Bring your entry with you to the event in a clear page protector, name labeled on the back, we will # the entries for voting purposes. If you are entering a page(s), you will pick them up before the event ends to take back home with you.
For the card competition, please mail your entry with your registration form. Card can be 4.25x5.5 or larger (please make sure you accommodate for postage when sending to me). Cards will be voted on in the following categories: holiday card, birthday card, thank you card. There will be prizes for top 2 prizes in each category. For the contests please remember, you may use ANY stamp company. Limit one entry per category (ex. 1 card in each theme). Contests will be voted on by �YOU��there will be time during the event to place your vote and winners will be announced in the afternoon. Now some things to consider�creativity is king!

5. Shoebox Swap

Just like the ribbon swap, I would like to limit this to groups of 10. If we have 20 registrants then we will have 2 groups, etc�Please bring 1 completed card (to show) and supplies to make 10 more with your group. The supplies should all be cut and ready to go, you may bring stamp set and pads for group to stamp or you may have this step already done. I recommend 4.25x5.5 size for cards. Cards should have at least 1 layer and a min. of 1 embellishment (punches, eyelets, grommets, ribbon, etc�). Card can be for any occasion (birthday, thank you , sympathy, etc�). You may want to package each card in individual bags-easier to pass out to group. I will provide large bags to bring your cards home.

6. Smash Book (or squash book) & Explosion Box

If you are interested in learning how to make this little item, please bring with you 3 sheets of 12x12 solid colored cardstock, and 3 sheets of 12x12 printed cardstock (coordinating colors are best) for the Smash Book; 1sheet of 12x12 cardstock (patterned or solid) for base of box and 2 sheets of 8.5x11 for box top and inside of box (this should coordinate with base cardstock). You will also want to bring your basic scrap/stamp supplies for this project-adhesive, bone folder, paper cutter, etc�

Lunch
Option #1: Turkey on tomato focaccia
Option #2: Ham Sandwich on white bread
Option #3: Roast beef wrap
Lunch selections a generous size sandwich/wrap, pasta salad and cookies.
If there is a specific dietary need please contact me and we can work it out for you.
A �sweet� buffet will be available after lunch. Bottled water will be provided during the day, however, should you want an additional beverage (soft drink, ice tea, coffee, etc�) you will want to bring it.
If you are interested in bringing a �sweet� for the buffet, please email me ahead of time so I can accommodate you.

Miscellaneous

Please have your name on any items you bring from home, especially scrapbooking/paper crafting supplies. You may want to share tools or supplies if you are carpooling or meeting friends at the get-together. This time of year, the civic center can be chilly; you may want to bring a sweater or light coat. Tables and chairs will be provided, however, you may be sitting for awhile; you may want to bring a small cushion to sit on-all day croppers know what I am talking about. Plan ahead for the day, plan out your supplies based upon what you are working on, you may want to bring extra adhesive for example. There is a Hobby Lobby & JoAnn Fabrics less than � mile from the location, so should you forget something, you may be able to run and get something there. I will have name tags available that day, but should you feel creative you may want to make/bring your own (there may be s small prize for most creative name tag�hehehe)

Garage sale/swap...If you would like to post things here in this thread that you are looking to get rid of trade or sell...please post. I ask you follow your current companies guidelines with regards to retired/current products.

I am excited about planning this activity for all of us to participate in. I am looking forward to having a fun, relaxing day where I finally get to meet and talk to fellow SplitCoastStampers. If you have any suggestions or ideas about the get-together please do not hesitate to contact me at [email protected]. I encourage all of you to bring albums, cards or 3-D items to share with others. This is a non-vendor specific event; however, you may want to bring business cards or ATC�s to trade with other crafters to keep in touch after the event.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2008, 06:30 PM   #22  
Inking Addict

Default Northern Illinois/Southern Wisconsin Gathering Registration Form HERE

Goldyward has asked for my assistance in uploading the registration form for the gathering. I'm trying! :???: Hope this works.

Thank you, Goldyward, for all the work involved in putting this togeter. I'm looking forward to meeting you and other SCS members.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Northern Illinois.doc (32.5 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by MsMush; 02-12-2008 at 08:35 PM.. Reason: Registration Attachment
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2008, 08:02 AM   #23  
Crimping Master

Thank you Mary for getting the registration form uploaded...

If anyone attending the get-together and has been to Disney and has a scrapbook either completed or in 'the works'...can you bring it? I am getting held up on a few pages from our trip in Sept. and I am looking for some inspiration, suggestions or ideas to kick start my creative spark...

Thanks again!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2008, 01:01 PM   #24  
Crimping Master

Default Projects for get-together...

I am almost finished with the sample projects for the get-together...I will try to get them posted here so you can see what you are making...remember a squash/smash book and an explosion box...I have an advanced explosion box that is finished, but I wasn't sure if there was an interest in an advanced project...if there is just let me know, I will get you the ingredient list for it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2008, 08:19 AM   #25  
Crimping Master

It seems when I first posted this thread I had quite a few people pm me and email me with a huge interest...where has everyone gone?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2008, 10:44 AM   #26  
Insane Embellisher

Hi, Debbie.
I just now came upon your thread by clicking on the link in your sig. I do not often frequent "Get it together" forums which is why I just now heard of your gathering. I may know of a few people interested in your gathering if it is still on including myself.
I'll add your link to my sig as well. It might help although I'm not a really heavy poster.

Mary Ann

~~ My slowly growing gallery ~~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2008, 12:04 PM   #27  
Crimping Master

Oh yeah...this is still on. I would love to have you...I had planned a great day of networking, contests & fun...Thanks for the 'plug' in your sig line...that is awesome..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2008, 07:10 PM   #28  
Cardstock Collector

I have been watching the thread. I have emailed my friends who are (in Wisconsin) interested to see if we can get it together. I printed the registration but forgot when they are due by? Keep goin... maybe we are just waiting until the last minute.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2008, 02:05 PM   #29  
Crimping Master

I had the registration deadline going until March 14th...early registration is until March 1st...there is an additional raffle ticket given if you register early... I am looking forward to meeting everyone and having a great day!!

Cost to Attend: $25.00 (Cost covers room/lunch/raffle/sweets/random goodies)

Everyone who registers and attends this event will be entered in the raffle being held that day for the grand prize�I will not say what the grand prize is yet�but it is good! Do you want an additional entry to the raffle? Register and send payment by March 1st.

Registration is non-refundable�please plan accordingly.

Checks will be accepted if received by March 14, 2008, after March 14, PayPal will be accepted (add $1.00 for processing fees). Email me for instructions on how to pay by PayPal. Mail completed form along with payment to:
Debbie Ward
35725 Wilson Blvd.
Round Lake, Illinois 60073
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2008, 08:23 AM   #30  
Matboard Maniac

I'm so bummed! We're moving to Northern IL in May, so I'll miss this. We're hoping to end up in Libertyville or Grayslake, so I'll be right near you! I hope you do another one!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2008, 08:26 AM   #31  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by prvrbs31galView Post
I'm so bummed! We're moving to Northern IL in May, so I'll miss this. We're hoping to end up in Libertyville or Grayslake, so I'll be right near you! I hope you do another one!!!
I was hoping to make this a bi-annual thing...maybe someone can host in Southern Wisconsin in the Fall...or have it here again...welcome to the neighborhood
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2008, 10:15 AM   #32  
Crimping Master

Givin' this thread a little *bump* *bump*
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-29-2008, 11:09 AM   #33  
Crimping Master

Default Last day of Feb...

I thought I would 'bump' for Feb. 29...seeing as I can't do that again for 4 more years...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2008, 09:29 AM   #34  
Crimping Master

I noticed the other shoebox that was set for Arlington Heights on the same day is being rescheduled...I am still hoping this day is still a go for those who want to attend this gathering...If you know of anyone who was going to that shoebox and would like to attend this one...we are still on for March 29th...

Hope to see everyone....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2008, 08:21 AM   #35  
Crimping Master

I am hoping to get final payment to the Civic Center within the next 2 weeks...If you are still interested in joining please send your registrations as soon as possible...There is another group interested in the location on the same day and I have already been receiving phone calls to make final payment...I know the woman who is in charge so there should be no problem...but if I do not have any stampers registering, then I have to cancel this event as well...plus lose my deposit on the hall rental.

This event is pre-register only...unfortunately I cannot accept stampers the day of the event...thanks....hope to still see everyone on the 29th...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2008, 12:23 PM   #36  
Crimping Master

Bump...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2008, 05:20 AM   #37  
Cardstock Collector

Hi Debbie
I just found your post and would love to attend. Is your gathering still on? I will mail reg. to you today!
And If so, I'll spread the word! Are you open to non SCS'ers?
Thanks, Judy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2008, 02:56 PM   #38  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by savvy1View Post
Hi Debbie
I just found your post and would love to attend. Is your gathering still on? I will mail reg. to you today!
And If so, I'll spread the word! Are you open to non SCS'ers?
Thanks, Judy
As far as I know this event is still on...and yes...it is definitely open to non-SCS'ers...anyone who want to learn to stamp, who has stamped before, or an advanced stampers are all welcome. Let me know if you have other questions...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2008, 04:54 PM   #39  
Crimping Master

BUMP....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2008, 10:20 AM   #40  
Insane Embellisher

Hi, Debbie.
It turns out I won't be able to come after all. We are having some overnight guests that weekend.

(Bumping to try to word out for you)! Mary Ann

Mary Ann

~~ My slowly growing gallery ~~
Reply With Quote Likes