Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

View Poll Results: How long are you going to stay in TN
Friday-Sunday 6 60.00%
Friday-Monday 3 30.00%
Saturday only 0 0%
Before Friday -Sunday 0 0%
Before Friday-Monday 1 10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-07-2008, 05:10 AM   #81  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the jungle...we have fun and games!!!! lyrics from a Guns N Roses song

Gettin ready for work ladies and just wanted to share!:cool: Try to check in later!! Keep this thing goin girls! Ya know Sara and I were devoted last night...until I got too sleepy!!!

Last edited by vegaswife; 10-07-2008 at 05:54 AM.. Reason: adding the band name
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2008, 05:30 AM   #82  
Die Cut Diva

"There'll be two dates on your tombstone And all your friends will read 'em But all that's gonna matter is that little dash between 'em..."

- Kevin Welch
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2008, 04:59 PM   #83  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: I don't know but wherever I am, I'VE GOTTA CUT BACK ON THE CAFFIENE!!!!!

HERE's MY QUOTE FOR THE DAY!!!!

Blessed are they who have the gift of making friends, for it is one of
God's greatest gifts.

It involves many things, but above all the power of going out of
one's self and appreciating what is noble and loving in another.
- Thomas Hughes
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2008, 05:01 PM   #84  
Hardware Hotshot

Lynette and Sara quoters of the day ! Whoohoo. I love the quotes you guys post.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2008, 05:03 PM   #85  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: I don't know but wherever I am, I'VE GOTTA CUT BACK ON THE CAFFIENE!!!!!

Yeah, I like the quotes too. They are often times very poetic!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2008, 05:46 PM   #86  
Pearl-ExPert

Denise,
Did you have a good day at work today with the lil ones?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2008, 06:20 PM   #87  
Hardware Hotshot

Well I had to catherize a baby(which I hate...but supposedly I am good at it.... so usually the other nurses come get me to do it). I would rather be called upon for happier things. KWIM?

A nice drug rep brought us lunch which was great!

How have you been feeling Sara? I have been thinking about you alot today!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2008, 06:23 PM   #88  
Pearl-ExPert

AWWWW! Poor baby. I dont like catheters. Well I'm not feeling too good today. Can't seem to get my fever to break. I've been battling 2 kidney stones and a bladder infection ever since my last surgery. My fever was over 103 most of last night and today but I have gotten down to 102.3 after LLLLLOOTTTSSSS of tylenol and motrin. I* feel like Im freezing to death. Its like 85 in my house right now and Ive got sweats on, a quilt around me and a fleece blanket and Im still shivering. My lower back is about to kill me from laying down so much so I am sitting up for a while. But I'm chuggin rite along as usual.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2008, 06:36 PM   #89  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by FaristofthemallView Post
AWWWW! Poor baby. I dont like catheters. Well I'm not feeling too good today. Can't seem to get my fever to break. I've been battling 2 kidney stones and a bladder infection ever since my last surgery. My fever was over 103 most of last night and today but I have gotten down to 102.3 after LLLLLOOTTTSSSS of tylenol and motrin. I* feel like Im freezing to death. Its like 85 in my house right now and Ive got sweats on, a quilt around me and a fleece blanket and Im still shivering. My lower back is about to kill me from laying down so much so I am sitting up for a while. But I'm chuggin rite along as usual.
Oh no!!! I have done the kidney stone thing, and it is horrible!!!! Here are some "Denise ideas" that may help(of course you may have done these):
  • sit in a tub of warm water
  • cranberry juice
  • i am not a beer drinker but believe it or not my urologist told me it would help flush things out
  • i did alot of rocking
and alot of praying!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2008, 06:41 PM   #90  
Pearl-ExPert

Well, I have taken showers, but Im not allowed to take bath's yet because I still have my staples in my belly. We live in a dry county but I did try the beer thing. (I got from a local bootlegger). LOL I could only drink one tho because at that time I was still taking my pain meds from the surgery. I wopuld feel better if I copuld just get this stupid fever to break. You know when you have a fever like this, it just make your WHOLE body hurt like when you have the flu. I have been alternating motrin and tylenol so I am getting one or the other every 2-3 hours, but it just doesn't seem to be working. I am drinking alot of water and cranberry juice trying not to get dehydrated. I dehydrate really fast. I know when I went to dr last weekend, they told me I had alot o blood, billirubin and protein in my urine but no white blood cells. I dont know if thats good or bad but, Im just trying to hold on til' it passes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2008, 06:49 PM   #91  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Well, I have taken showers, but Im not allowed to take bath's yet because I still have my staples in my belly. We live in a dry county but I did try the beer thing. (I got from a local bootlegger). LOL I could only drink one tho because at that time I was still taking my pain meds from the surgery. I wopuld feel better if I copuld just get this stupid fever to break. You know when you have a fever like this, it just make your WHOLE body hurt like when you have the flu. I have been alternating motrin and tylenol so I am getting one or the other every 2-3 hours, but it just doesn't seem to be working. I am drinking alot of water and cranberry juice trying not to get dehydrated. I dehydrate really fast. I know when I went to dr last weekend, they told me I had alot o blood, billirubin and protein in my urine but no white blood cells. I dont know if thats good or bad but, Im just trying to hold on til' it passes.
Sounds like you are doing what you are supposed to....but waiting for it to pass is soooo hard! As far as the urine test no white blood cells is good and as far as the other stuff...considering what is going on is not uncommon. It is so hard to believe that something so tiny can hurt so bad!!! Some of them can be jagged which makes it worse. When I had mine..it came out of no where! I thought I had lifted someone wrong at the nursing home I worked at. I just wanted to sit on the potty and even had some vomiting. I thought I was close to dying!!!! I shudder at the thought of it, and it happened over 13 years ago!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2008, 06:51 PM   #92  
Hardware Hotshot

be back on later...dear husband cooked supper!!! Of course it is 11pm, and I shouldn't be eating now...but oh well....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2008, 06:51 PM   #93  
Pearl-ExPert

Yeah, it's not the most comfortable thing in the world, that's for sure. but I think it's just really intesified by the fact the I just had 2 abdominal surgeries in less than 2 weeks also. Between the pain from that and the pain from the stones, I'd rather give birth!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2008, 07:28 PM   #94  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Yeah, it's not the most comfortable thing in the world, that's for sure. but I think it's just really intesified by the fact the I just had 2 abdominal surgeries in less than 2 weeks also. Between the pain from that and the pain from the stones, I'd rather give birth!!!

I am sooo sure that with all that has been going on your pain scale is about to tip over!!!! There are times that I thought childbirth was better! Are you still coming to Kville on Thursday? Riding isn't going to be fun!! How far away are you?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2008, 07:30 PM   #95  
Pearl-ExPert

Yes, I have to be at UT at 10am Thursday am. Riding doesn't bother me as much as it did right when I had my last surgery. The ride home was overwhelmingly unbearable. Talk about pain, that was very painful. Especially with these stupid roads here. Someone really needs to teach some of these morons how to asphault correctly. The new asphault job is more bumpy then before they fixed it. LOL I think we set our odometer on the way home from my last surgery and door to door it was something like 94 or 96 miles.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2008, 07:33 PM   #96  
Pearl-ExPert

My hardest problem with that drive is the sitting in one position that whole way because as if all this other junk wasn't enough, I have degenerative disk disease in my L1 & L2 sections of the lumber spine as well as a compression on one of my disks, maily as a result from all of the lumbar shunt surgeries I had prior to these past two and there is a lot of damage and scaring in that area and so I suffer from chronic lower back pain and sitting in one position for long periods can be a real struggle for me most times.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2008, 07:34 PM   #97  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Yes, I have to be at UT at 10am Thursday am. Riding doesn't bother me as much as it did right when I had my last surgery. The ride home was overwhelmingly unbearable. Talk about pain, that was very painful. Especially with these stupid roads here. Someone really needs to teach some of these morons how to asphault correctly. The new asphault job is more bumpy then before they fixed it. LOL I think we set our odometer on the way home from my last surgery and door to door it was something like 94 or 96 miles.
When they repair most of the roads here...it's just like a plop of stuff here and there...not really FIXING anything! Kind of like putting a bandaid on something that needs stitches!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2008, 07:36 PM   #98  
Pearl-ExPert

LOL, yes I agree. Well they have been repaving 75 up here for about the past year. originally in this area most of 75 was concrete sections and they have redone it to be asphault but I mean there are holes in the new paving job here that are HUGE!!! I really don't see how anyone can keep an alighnment when driving up here. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2008, 07:36 PM   #99  
Die Cut Diva

Post evening greetings

Well, are we getting excited about February? I know I am, I am looking forward to meeting everyone face to face. Like it was said before, by the time we get to Sevierville we will already know each other and be able to put a face to the name. Have a good evening everyone and will talk to you later.

Sherri in TN
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2008, 07:38 PM   #100  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by slhawesView Post
Well, are we getting excited about February? I know I am, I am looking forward to meeting everyone face to face. Like it was said before, by the time we get to Sevierville we will already know each other and be able to put a face to the name. Have a good evening everyone and will talk to you later.

Sherri in TN
Yes Sherri, I know I am looking very forward to it. Especially going with my mama. We dont get to spend alot of time together so it's gonna be alot of fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2008, 07:43 PM   #101  
Hardware Hotshot

What I think is going to be interesting is to see how much stampin we actually do!? I guess we will just have to talk and stamp when we take a breath between talking!!!

Nite, nite everyone!!

Sara...know that you will be in my prayers tonight(as well as many other times)! Cyber hugs!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2008, 07:44 PM   #102  
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks Denise. Have sweet dreams. I will yak you tomorrow. HUGS back at ya sweetie!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2008, 10:32 PM   #103  
Pearl-ExPert

Just so yall know, it really stinks when us insomniacs have to sit here and look at our own posts while everyone else is sawing logs!!! :-(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2008, 02:50 AM   #104  
Hardware Hotshot

Default Accepting and encouraging registrations !

Quote:

Just so yall know, it really stinks when us insomniacs have to sit here and look at our own posts while everyone else is sawing logs!!! :-(
Lope OL Looks like you had company a good bit of the night. Usually Janet is up all night too, she has insomnia and migraines. Hope you managed to get some rest. I imagine we will see you sometime this afternoon! I know what you mean about being alone on here though. The threads have been so quiet lately. I feel like I am talking to myself sometimes.

Sherri, I am getting ready to send in Sara and my registration and I will make the reservations this weekend for our room. Lynette is sharing with us. Is there anything you need me to be doing on this at this time? I will just keep bumping it up and encourage those of you who know for sure you are coming to start firming that up with us by sending in your 10.00 registration and form so we can plan our activities. Especially any day girls who are coming. Also, if we have your registrations we will be able to send or notify you of any updates.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2008, 03:16 AM   #105  
Hardware Hotshot

Here is my "Don't forget the Lyrics" impersonation! What do you think?
Janet
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2008, 03:18 AM   #106  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Oh my another insomniac....well we'll know what to do when we get together in February.
Janet
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2008, 03:56 AM   #107  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by jknorpView Post

Here is my "Don't forget the Lyrics" impersonation! What do you think?
Janet
Yeah, I like it! Hope your day goes well. Looks like Sara is going to change her Avatar daily! I cant even remember how I do it so seldomly Doesnt she have a nice looking brood there? OK, GM talking I know.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2008, 07:27 AM   #108  
Hardware Hotshot

bumping
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2008, 08:01 AM   #109  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by onelightningchicView Post
bumping
What?????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2008, 08:04 AM   #110  
Die Cut Diva

Hi girls....hope you all have a great day!!! I'm starting a new job on the 20th!!! WooHoo!!!! Same company...different department....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2008, 08:05 AM   #111  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by LynetteAView Post
Hi girls....hope you all have a great day!!! I'm starting a new job on the 20th!!! WooHoo!!!! Same company...different department....
CONGRATS LYNETTE!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2008, 08:05 AM   #112  
Die Cut Diva

Talking

Quote:

What?????
Bumping - moving your thread to the top of the list in whatever forum it is listed in...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2008, 08:06 AM   #113  
Die Cut Diva

Thanks Sara!! How are you feeling today?? Fever break yet?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2008, 08:06 AM   #114  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Bumping - moving your thread to the top of the list in whatever forum it is listed in...
Oh. Why would one do that?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2008, 08:07 AM   #115  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by onelightningchicView Post
bumping
2441 posts....you need to find something better to do!!! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2008, 08:08 AM   #116  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

2441 posts....you need to find something better to do!!! LOL
Thats my mama! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2008, 08:08 AM   #117  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Oh. Why would one do that?
Well, we are trying to get as many peeps as we can to come to TN..so as long as this thread is at the top of the forum, others will see it....and maybe take a look see to see if they want to join us...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2008, 08:09 AM   #118  
Die Cut Diva

Talking

Go to the top of this thread...

Splitcoaststampers > Stamping Stuff > Get it Together! > **New**Sevierville, TN Feb 27-Mar 1, 2009 SIGN UP OPEN ALL WELCOME
Reply to Thread

Click on Get it Together...you will see this thread at the top of 100's of others....we want to keep it there...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2008, 08:10 AM   #119  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Go to the top of this thread...
Splitcoaststampers > Stamping Stuff > Get it Together! > **New**Sevierville, TN Feb 27-Mar 1, 2009 SIGN UP OPEN ALL WELCOME
Reply to Thread

Click on Get it Together...you will see this thread at the top of 100's of others....we want to keep it there...
WAIT..you can click on it right under the last post!!! Just saw that!! heehee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2008, 08:12 AM   #120  
Pearl-ExPert

OK, gotcha. I just a lil newbie still learning the ropes. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes