Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-16-2009, 12:30 PM   #1  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Connecticut SU! Demos!!

Hi everyone!! Several of us "met" on a thread, and thought it would be helpful to have a spot where we could connect!

I am Lauri, a Hobby Demo in Hamden! I would love to meet/talk with other demos and Connecticut, share tips, maybe even get together!! Stop by and say hello!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2009, 01:16 PM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi Lauri! Thanks for starting this thread!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2009, 03:37 PM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

Thanks Lauri. Hello from Burlington...I just signed on in May 2009. I work full time as an occupational therapist in public schools. No workshops yet, but I have been holding stamp camps all summer. I usually get 2-3 people, sometimes none. I have had about three customer orders besides my Open House (260.00). SCS has been such a great resource. I look forward to chatting with other CT demos and maybe meeting up sometime. I also love stamping....but I do need some customers to help finance my hobby!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2009, 03:40 PM   #4  

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdotrView Post
Thanks Lauri. Hello from Burlington...I just signed on in May 2009. I work full time as an occupational therapist in public schools. No workshops yet, but I have been holding stamp camps all summer. I usually get 2-3 people, sometimes none. I have had about three customer orders besides my Open House (260.00). SCS has been such a great resource. I look forward to chatting with other CT demos and maybe meeting up sometime. I also love stamping....but I do need some customers to help finance my hobby!!
I hear you! I have a few very steady customers, and have been augmenting those orders through selling at fairs and such...I also work full time in IT at an insurance company, so I do what I can!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2009, 06:15 AM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

This is great. Hello from Niantic, my name is Jeneen. Strictly a hobby demo. I love papercrafting and making cards, not into scrapbooking really. I am my only customer. I have tried clubs but it was mostly my friends and family who don't want to stamp outside of whatever I offer them so I think I may do a card buffet every 4-6 weeks. I think I could do ok there as most of my group like CAS. I am so glad to meet you all.
Jeneen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2009, 11:14 AM   #6  
Hardware Hotshot

Hi everyone! I am a brand new demo (just this month). Right now I'll be a hobby demo. I live in West Hartford and I have my own business selling cards and gifts etc., maybe through special orders. I have always bought SU stuff so I decided that I might as well be a demo and get the discount!

Running With Lollipops my everything else blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2009, 02:19 PM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

I actually live in MASS but work in CT and my son goes to school in Putnam, CT. I have tried the business for a few years and gave up b/c I did not have enough time to devote to it once I got home from my fulltime job in healthcare. So Hobby Demo for me for the last three years or more....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2009, 06:08 PM   #8  
Matboard Maniac

Hi, I'm Ben I've new to SU (demo since March 08.) I tried really hard in the beginning to get a business going and it just wasn't happening. So I remain my best and only customer. I do both scrapbooking and cardmaking but much prefer cardmaking.

Oh, and I'm out in the boonies of CT, specifically Griswold. I have a blog that I post my creations to -- it's not much but it's a place to share. Hope to talk to everyone soon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2009, 02:12 AM   #9  

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenjamanTView Post
Hi, I'm Ben I've new to SU (demo since March 08.) I tried really hard in the beginning to get a business going and it just wasn't happening. So I remain my best and only customer. I do both scrapbooking and cardmaking but much prefer cardmaking.

Oh, and I'm out in the boonies of CT, specifically Griswold. I have a blog that I post my creations to -- it's not much but it's a place to share. Hope to talk to everyone soon!
Hi Ben! I wonder what it is about Connecticut...I read other demos sites and it seems that other parts of the country are much more prolific in terms of stampers and stuff...

Good luck! I started following your blog! Love your cards!! I hope we can all help encourage each other and find ways to be successful!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2009, 07:20 PM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

Default Finding my bliss

So how is everyone? It sure has been one tumultous week! I don't mind saying that I have been quite annoyed at SU and then today I received a little certificate & lapel pin in the mail. I know this may seem sad and everyone becomes a Sr. Associate at $1,000 in career sales but it melted my cold heart. It made me remember the spark I felt when I first became a demo ... you know so full of hope. This evening I worked on the project without end (see my blog) and purposefully included some stamped embellies and it felt so good. This is what it's about for me - that feeling of happiness/contentment I get when I am inking up a stamp or figuring out the best way to cut the image out of the paper (ain't that a chore!?!) However, it comes about I hope if anyone is out there feeling like I did for most of the week you can experience that moment of bliss and remember just why you joined SU. Gawd, I sound like a cheerleader ... never mind. Hope to talk to you all soon.

Thanks for looking and yes HE stamps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2009, 02:48 AM   #11  

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenjamanTView Post
So how is everyone? It sure has been one tumultous week! I don't mind saying that I have been quite annoyed at SU and then today I received a little certificate & lapel pin in the mail. I know this may seem sad and everyone becomes a Sr. Associate at $1,000 in career sales but it melted my cold heart. It made me remember the spark I felt when I first became a demo ... you know so full of hope. This evening I worked on the project without end (see my blog) and purposefully included some stamped embellies and it felt so good. This is what it's about for me - that feeling of happiness/contentment I get when I am inking up a stamp or figuring out the best way to cut the image out of the paper (ain't that a chore!?!) However, it comes about I hope if anyone is out there feeling like I did for most of the week you can experience that moment of bliss and remember just why you joined SU. Gawd, I sound like a cheerleader ... never mind. Hope to talk to you all soon.

Thanks for looking and yes HE stamps!
Hey Congratulations!!! and NO it is NOT SAD to be happy to have hit that milestone! Wear your pin with pride (if that is the sort of thing you are into....me? not a pin person...but it is a nice cool thing!)

I was going to post here last night and check in and obviously didn't . glad you did! Llike a train wreck, I keep finding myself checking out the forums...can't.....look.....away...... aahh!

Actually, I am looking for more any clarifications I can as I am one of the demos who must make a choice this month. I have compiled questions...I actually have a few more after talking last night to the woman (now SU retired) who recruited me ... and sent them along to demo support. I fear that my situation, goals and aspirations may make it difficult to sign the IDA...I hope not, but.....I shall see and I hope it works out for me because I really do like their products! I just like other stuff too and have other opportunities.

You know, I work for a 'large insurance company' and am always very mindful of that fact...very difficult in situations where there are heated conversations about health insurance reform...and the integration of social networking technology is one thing my company is working through right now...it is not easy in this day and age to know where lines begin and end.

So, my thinking is that all will be well with the SU world shortly, Those who must leave with do so, and I think there will be fewer leaving than it may seem by all the hoopla. I really think the vast majority of demos will not be impacted at all.

so who knows!! I may be looking for a demo next month!!! heehee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2009, 03:44 PM   #12  
Die Cut Diva

Default Hello there....

My name is Melissa and I need a 12-step program for sure.... I am or should I say was a avid scrapbooker and than I went to a SU party and it all ended. LOL I was hooked and now I am a Demo. I just had a Black Sunday Stamp Camp 2 weeks ago with 26 people and I am planning another one for Feb for Sale-a-bration. This past weekend I went to a scrapbooking retreat in NH and worked on cards all weekend. I have lots of pics in my gallery if anyone is interested. I will get back into scrapping and very soon. I have a 8 year old and only have a handful of pages to show it.... Not good I tell ya.
I have 1 down line and will be getting my second I belive in January. I have had several parties, but they seemed to have slowed down. We have upline meetings every other month and I would love to get together to start a group of people in CT fo stampin, lunch, get togethers and such. Happy to met you all...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2009, 09:25 AM   #13  
Glitter Guru

Hello all---I am Wendy and I am from Canton---been a demo for a few years and have been doing stamp camps, workshops(like crazy lately) and any and all events I canfind!
We have a few fellow demos here in this area, but would love to get together with you all, if we can plan something!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2011, 01:53 PM   #14  
Die Cut Diva

Anyone from CT still alive and kicking on this thread???? LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2011, 12:17 PM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 175 Likes on 131 Posts

if you girls plan a gathering please keep me in the loop. we9a few) from CNY love to come stamp in CT. HIT WIGGLES & GIGGLES. then IKEA
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2011, 07:19 AM   #16  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to philsmom

Hi Ladies,
I am not a demo, but I would love to know if any of you will be holding stamp classes near Wethersfield?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2012, 12:23 PM   #17  
Glitter Guru

Just checking in to see if anyone has any plans...would love to get together!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2012, 01:54 AM   #18  
Die Cut Diva

Hello everyone......Anyone planning on attending the shoe box swap in New York in March:???? Looks like fun.....I think I might try to go.....
Reply With Quote Likes