Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-06-2009, 08:17 AM   #161  
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chris and Tammy----Please share your recipes for the cookies and cinnamon bark! They were delish!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2009, 08:19 AM   #162  
Glitter Guru

WOW! That was so much fun. Very low key, relaxing, and fun. After such a hectic few weeks, it was nice to stamp and chat at such a mellow pace. All the cards were great and I will be mailing them out this week even though, like Michelle, I don't want to!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2009, 10:27 AM   #163  
Hardware Hotshot

What a great time yesterday! It was nice non stressful fun day!!!! We should def. do a another christmas gathering next year.!!!

Oh and the cookies and peppermint/red hot??? was sooooooooooooooo goood please share the recipe.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2009, 12:28 PM   #164  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for a great weekend, everyone! I had so much fun, and all of the projects were awesome. I think this was the best one yet!

Here's the cookie recipe:

Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons freshly grated nutmeg or 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
1 egg
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups flour
2 cups white baking pieces (12 ounces)
pecan halves (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat butter with mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar, nutmeg, and baking soda. Beat until combined, scraping bowl occasionally. Beat in pumpkin, egg, and vanilla until combined. Add flour. Stir in white baking pieces.

Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. If desired, press a pecan half gently onto each cookie. Bake in preheated oven for 11 to 14 minutes or until edges are firm. Transfer to wire rack to cool. Makes about 60 cookies.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2009, 03:30 PM   #165  
Inking Addict

Location: still hiding behind my Foster Grants...can I come out yet?!?

I had a great time at my first swap! After a mistake or two on rotation, I got the hang of the whole switching thing and had a blast! Thanks for everything!
Letitia
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2009, 06:14 PM   #166  
Glitter Queen

I really enjoyed yesterday. I kind of like the laid back, low key and no stress swap. I love all the cards! You all are sooooo creative and a great inspiration! Here is the recipe for the cinnamon candy. Please note that you have to order the cinnamon oil from a pharmacy. I got mine from the pharmacy at WalMart. I ordered 4 bottles a few years ago just so that I would have some on hand. No prescription is needed, just ask them to order some. I can't wait for the next swap!

Cinnamon Candy

Powdered Sugar
2 cups Sugar
1/2 cup Water
1 cup white Karo syrup
1 tsp cinnamon oil
1/2 tsp red food coloring

Cover a baking sheet with heavy duty aluminum foil. Sprinkle powdered sugar over foil and set aside. Cook sugar, water and syrup to hard crack stage (300 - 310 degrees F on a candy thermometer). Add cinnamon oil and food coloring. Stir well to distribute the oil for consistency. Pour onto prepared baking sheet. Let cool completely and break into pieces. NOTE: THE FUMES FROM THE OIL ARE VERY STRONG. BE CAREFUL TO MIX IN A WELL-VENTILATED AREA AND DO NOT PUT YOUR FACE DIRECTLY OVER THE PAN WHILE MIXING IN THE OIL. YOU CAN BURN YOUR SINUSES. YOU CAN ALSO BURN YOUR SKIN IF YOU TOUCH THE OIL DIRECTLY. TRUST ME!!! I HAVE DONE BOTH OF THESE BEFORE AND IT HURTS!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2009, 05:03 AM   #167  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts

I had a great time with you crazy gals! All the cards were wonderful and I still can't believe I won that great advent calendar. That is so awesome!

Chris and Jennifer were tablemates with my mom and me - thanks for the laughs and great conversations, girls!! Did you get any sleep Saturday night? LOL

Brenda - thanks again for organizing this Christmas card swap. I'm definitely looking forward to the next one. I think 24 was the perfect number - room to move around, much less stressful, and plenty of time to finish our cards. Great job, girlie! BTW - give that cute puppy a kissy from me. :-)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2009, 05:26 AM   #168  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbrownView Post
I had a great time with you crazy gals! All the cards were wonderful and I still can't believe I won that great advent calendar. That is so awesome!

Chris and Jennifer were tablemates with my mom and me - thanks for the laughs and great conversations, girls!! Did you get any sleep Saturday night? LOL

Brenda - thanks again for organizing this Christmas card swap. I'm definitely looking forward to the next one. I think 24 was the perfect number - room to move around, much less stressful, and plenty of time to finish our cards. Great job, girlie! BTW - give that cute puppy a kissy from me. :-)
Holly - you always win the doorprizes I have my eye on! Last time it was the robot stamps and now the calendar! Enjoy and can't wait for the next one!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2009, 05:28 AM   #169  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by tfoster93View Post
I really enjoyed yesterday. I kind of like the laid back, low key and no stress swap. I love all the cards! You all are sooooo creative and a great inspiration! Here is the recipe for the cinnamon candy. Please note that you have to order the cinnamon oil from a pharmacy. I got mine from the pharmacy at WalMart. I ordered 4 bottles a few years ago just so that I would have some on hand. No prescription is needed, just ask them to order some. I can't wait for the next swap!

Cinnamon Candy

Powdered Sugar
2 cups Sugar
1/2 cup Water
1 cup white Karo syrup
1 tsp cinnamon oil
1/2 tsp red food coloring

Cover a baking sheet with heavy duty aluminum foil. Sprinkle powdered sugar over foil and set aside. Cook sugar, water and syrup to hard crack stage (300 - 310 degrees F on a candy thermometer). Add cinnamon oil and food coloring. Stir well to distribute the oil for consistency. Pour onto prepared baking sheet. Let cool completely and break into pieces. NOTE: THE FUMES FROM THE OIL ARE VERY STRONG. BE CAREFUL TO MIX IN A WELL-VENTILATED AREA AND DO NOT PUT YOUR FACE DIRECTLY OVER THE PAN WHILE MIXING IN THE OIL. YOU CAN BURN YOUR SINUSES. YOU CAN ALSO BURN YOUR SKIN IF YOU TOUCH THE OIL DIRECTLY. TRUST ME!!! I HAVE DONE BOTH OF THESE BEFORE AND IT HURTS!
Do you have a mixing hood in your house?! I may have to break in to a pharmacy to get this done or just order some from you ;) This was great - I will let you know how it goes if I am brave enough to attempt this. Thank you for sharing the recipe...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2009, 05:32 AM   #170  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherrera11View Post
Holly - you always win the doorprizes I have my eye on! Last time it was the robot stamps and now the calendar! Enjoy and can't wait for the next one!!
ROFL! I had my name on just about every single one of the doorprizes - I wanted them all!!! LOL If you want to borrow the robot stamps, give me a holler!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2009, 07:27 AM   #171  
Embossing Fanatic

Hi Ladies,

So much fun seeing you all again and meeting some new friends as well! I'm disappointed that I wasn't able to spend more time with everyone. In addition to cooking and cleaning, I also had to juggle in two basketball games for my 9yo son (8am & 10am) and two dance performances for my 7yo daughter (9am & 7pm). Next time we have a swap here I will try to find someone to help me in the kitchen so I can spend more time making cards!

I posted a group picture at Lone Star Retreat Center - Facebook Page

I have more pictures and will post soon.

Karmen Dupree
Lone Star Retreat and Event Center
http://www.ScrapStampStitch.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2009, 08:12 AM   #172  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbrownView Post
Yes, we did get to sleep - sometime after 1 am! We had to go shopping (again!) after the swap, and then we had to have play time in Jennifer's stamp room. We had a blast!

Holly and Joan, it was great to spend the day with you. Letitia and Kirsten, thank you so much for your lunchtime insights into my daughter's school issues. I will definitely be using your ideas! Jennifer, thank you for offering up your home as my "hotel" for the weekend! Brenda, as everyone has said, the swap was fabulous, and your leadership was a big part of that. Karmen, I love your retreat center! Wish I lived closer so that I could visit every time I need a break.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2009, 02:20 PM   #173  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherrera11View Post
Do you have a mixing hood in your house?! I may have to break in to a pharmacy to get this done or just order some from you ;) This was great - I will let you know how it goes if I am brave enough to attempt this. Thank you for sharing the recipe...
I basically just open all the windows in the kitchen and try to stir the candy underneath the vent over my stove. It seems to work well. I didn't mean to scare anyone away from making this recipe. I just want everyone to be careful and not make the same mistakes that I made. It is quite easy, and the results are yummy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2009, 03:40 PM   #174  
Glitter Guru

I posted photos of all the cards we made on the Facebook page for Lone Star Retreat Center. I will also post them on my blog soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2009, 03:40 PM   #175  
Glitter Guru

Oh, and if you aren't already my FB friend please be sure to "friend" me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2009, 05:58 PM   #176  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey Ladies!

Bren sent the kits and cards from the swap with her husband tonight, and I can't say enough about them - They're absolutely fabulous!!! A special shout-out goes to Tammy (tfoster93) - A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!

Hearing all the comments, I'm so sorry that I'd couldn't attend a shoebox swap that wasn't a Bataan Death March. . .;) I'm so happy that everyone had a wonderful time, and I hope to get to stamp with you soon.

MWAH!

PS. Bren, you KNOW I'm not going to go to Facebook, so hurry up and post the card pics on your blog so I can assemble my kits. . .:mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2009, 06:26 AM   #177  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by huera90View Post
Hey Ladies!

Bren sent the kits and cards from the swap with her husband tonight, and I can't say enough about them - They're absolutely fabulous!!! A special shout-out goes to Tammy (tfoster93) - A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!

Hearing all the comments, I'm so sorry that I'd couldn't attend a shoebox swap that wasn't a Bataan Death March. . .;) I'm so happy that everyone had a wonderful time, and I hope to get to stamp with you soon.

MWAH!

PS. Bren, you KNOW I'm not going to go to Facebook, so hurry up and post the card pics on your blog so I can assemble my kits. . .:mrgreen:
Wow! Thanks for the special shout out! I am so honored and humbled!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2009, 07:22 AM   #178  
Glitter Guru

I just posted all the cards on my blog, so check it out. There are two missing---Karmen's card and my card. I will add them later on today.

http://sassybeestamps.blogspot.com/2...ebox-swap
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2009, 07:29 AM   #179  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by sassybeeView Post
I just posted all the cards on my blog, so check it out. There are two missing---Karmen's card and my card. I will add them later on today.

http://sassybeestamps.blogspot.com/2...ebox-swap.html
Thanks so much Bren! MWAH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2009, 03:20 PM   #180  
JT
Rubber Obsessor

So bummed I couldn't make this! All the cards looked wonderful (I pecked at Sassy Bee's blog). When you do another shoebox swap, please add me to the list!
Reply With Quote Likes