Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-19-2013, 03:59 PM   #1
Sassy Shani

Default Event etiquette question

So...we attended our very 1st geocaching event this past Saturday. It was stated on the event page that 10 new caches would be published the day of the event.

The actual event started at 11AM with a meet & greet for lunch. After lunch we were to go out and find the newly placed caches as well as 27 other caches that were part of a previous geo coin event. The 27 caches mentioned had been placed MONTHS before. There were only 10 NEW caches published that day. We would meet up again at 4 for dinner and to discuss the caches we found throughout the day.

Here is where our frustration comes in:

IMO - the caches should not have been published until after 11AM. There was a couple caching together who were FTF on ALL 10 of the caches. They did NOT attend the lunch because they were out grabbing the 10 caches. We chose to not go back for the dinner at 4 because this truly rubbed us the wrong way. Like I mentioned - this was our 1st event so maybe this is how they "work". I'm pretty certain we will not be attending another event if this is how they work. We are NOT FTF hounds - but I don't think 1 person should grab all 10 while everyone else is at the meet and greet lunch.

Yes - I am grouchy about this. LOL
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!