Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-10-2014, 07:20 AM   #1  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 802 Likes on 326 Posts
Default Your Favorite Style of DSP

If you could have DSP custom designed how would you describe your preferred style and colors to the company making it?

What is your favorite company for paper?

I would ask for traditional designs like vintage, and florals, double sided with both sides coordinating. No more than about 4 main colors on a sheet. Not loud patterns and colors.

My favorite paper company is Graphic 45

Last edited by sc magnolia; 05-10-2014 at 07:25 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2014, 08:29 AM   #2  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I like the companies that make the cute 6 x6 pads. I prefer smaller images that work with cards. With the popularity of Project Life we may see more and more of those and fewer of the full page designs. I avoid the huge paper pads because there are too many ugly patterns in them-to me anyway. SU Designer paper is one of my favorites because of it's weight and smoothness. They have a better selection in the 2014 catalog than they've had in several years.

And no glitter please. Stuff just makes a mess!

Last edited by Cartermrc; 05-10-2014 at 06:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2014, 12:43 PM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While I love lots of SU dsp now, that wasn't always the case. I've always loved the whimsy and vintage theme of October Afternoon and the other vintage company????? I've never bought from them, as I don't need more places to buy from.

I am one of those that love the ease of SU. I have enough dsp from SU to last forevah!

I like modern prints and colors. I like dots! Big dots! I either like soft, muted colors or brights.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2014, 01:25 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I would prefer 5.5 x 4.25 sized dsp, which I have not yet found, and that puzzles me. I have never ever made a 6 x 6 card, yet that is such a popular size for dsp!! The closest I've found is DCWV 4 x 6" stacks. They're okay, but really, it's sooooooooo frustrating that I just don't use dsp very much.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2014, 06:32 PM   #5  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,912 Likes on 2,181 Posts

Another vote for SU dsp. I would buy more single sheets in stores in 12 x12 if it were double sided and small print. The large flowery paper doesn't cut well for cards. The images are way too big
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2014, 12:38 AM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,055 Likes on 813 Posts

Gosh - that's a hard one. Because I like a range of designs and colours. My favourite has to be Basic Grey, though I actually haven't bought a lot recently.
I like patterns that are not too bold or strong, probably the same applies to colours. I like florals, geometrics and stripes, and whimsy.
And on the size front, I'm obviously in a minority. While I mostly by the 6x6 BG, I have some larger pads from October Afternoon, Cosmo Cricket and Kaiser Craft.
But I do also buy 12x12 - and not just single sheets but sometimes even whole design packs. Often the larger designs can work very well in the backgrounds of cards - especially when you're stamping over them with background stamps.
I do like double-sided papers - that's definitely a big plus.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2014, 12:55 AM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I usually buy dsp from JA, M, ACMoore or HL. And almost always on sale. I have enough for several lifetimes. My favorites are smallish prints. I LOVE plaid, stripes and polka dots. Three, four or more colors are great. Happy Mother's Day and happy stamping. Bobbi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2014, 12:59 AM   #8  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I rarely buy DP because most of the prints are too large for cards and a lot of it is distressed . PLus I make 5" X 7" cards and most of the smaller paper packs are 6" x 6"

I dislike distressed anything . I don't want my cards to look like I bought manufacturing rejects of paper and then stepped on them to get them dirty or rolled over the cards with my car.

I realize many people like the Distressed look, but it is not for me . I want new things to look new
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2014, 03:02 AM   #9  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 588 Likes on 240 Posts

I buy and love and actually use 12x12 double sided only. SU! tops the list, of course, but I also buy CTMH, SEI, Echo Park, Fancy Pants Designs, Bo Bunny and Kaisercraft. I like bold, bright and funky. I veer from that when doing a specific theme album and it is not hard to fit great papers in any theme or "feel."
Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2014, 04:42 AM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

I love MANY, MANY papers to look at, but have a hard time using a lot of them - too big, too loud, too busy, too many colors - whatever. If I could have someone custom make my preference? Small ginghams or "interesting" stripes (like ticking or hand-drawn) with several tones of the same color or with two colors (one for the background, one for the pattern), small florals with no more than three colors (including the background), small damasks/brocades (tone on tone or two colors). A range of styles from elegant to whimsical would be great, and PLEASE make them 8 1/2 x 11" so they'll fit in standard filing cabinets and I don't have to search for/invent special storage for them!

Reply With Quote Likes