Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-28-2006, 08:12 PM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would you leave bad feedback?

This is the second time I have ordered something and paid for priority shipping on ebay and the seller waited 7 days to mail it. So why am I paying for priority to get something 10 days later? My assumption is that if you pay for priority they mail it the next business day so I can get it in the 2-3 days I am supposed to get it. What do you think?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2006, 08:30 PM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

Hi Annabelle1974,
How did you pay? Did the seller have to wait for your payment to clear?
Did the seller spell out clearly his/her shipping policy? Some sellers ship only 1x/wk.
Did you contact the seller about your expectations?
Before leaving negative feedback contact the seller to make certain you have all the information you can get. If the seller hasn't already left feedback for you and feels he/she was unfairly given negative feedback, you might get negative feedback yourself.
That said - waiting a week to mail a Priority pakage is too long!

See My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2006, 08:39 PM   #3  
Mad Swapper

No shipping policy and as many times as I have bid on things I have never seen anyone specify their shipping policy beyond the cost. I paid PayPal on both of these so there was nothing to wait for. Yes, I contacted the sellers and they both replied that they had never made any promises as to when they would ship. Actually, as I said, I have never seen anyone leave this information. I think from now on I will put a note that I expect ASAP shipment in the comment box when I pay.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2006, 08:43 PM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

How irritating for you :(
Some people are not very curteous. If they are such late shippers they should state that in their auction (for instance if they only ship 1X/week). I think it is usually assumed that when you pay for something (especially through pay pal) that they would ship it the next day and no later than the day after.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2006, 08:50 PM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 86 Likes on 38 Posts

I would be very careful with negative feedback. We left some for a horrible seller who totally ripped us off (after we first tried to resolve through e-mails), and even though we did everything we were supposed to do (paid extremely fast), he put a negative on us. eBay kicked him off because at the same time as us, others started leaving him bad feedback and we urged people to file a complaint with eBay. To this day (four years later or so), it really grates on my nerve that we have 1 negative feedback by a "member" -- who isn't allowed on eBay anymore anyway! People sometimes leave negatives too fast. I would say leave something like "Received product" with a positive; people are likely to read between the lines with that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2006, 08:53 PM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

I have left neutral feedback before - but I was chicken and waited for them to leave feedback for me first so they couldn't blackball me!

Carmen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2006, 08:55 PM   #7  
Watercolor Wizard

NO. Just because they said they would ship priority does not mean they would ship it next day. You misunderstood the shipping terms.

Art is intended to provoke an emotion from a total stranger. If you�ve succeeded in this, consider yourself an artist. Paper Shanks Blog. Love me or hate me, you are still talking about me
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2006, 09:00 PM   #8  
Insane Embellisher

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I would probably leave postive feedback, but put in the comments how long it took to ship - It doesn't really seem fair to wait so long, but sometimes it's not worth getting negative feed back for yourself.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2006, 09:04 PM   #9  
Mad Swapper

I tend to go by their payment terms.
If they expect payment within 3 days, i expect shipment within 3 days of them receiving my payment.
I know that when I sell on ebay I can't always make it to the post office. I have a job where I work 8 - 4:30 most days. Well that elimnates me getting to the post office.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2006, 09:09 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by annabelle1974
No shipping policy and as many times as I have bid on things I have never seen anyone specify their shipping policy beyond the cost. .....
Not everyone specifies their shipping days. But there are some. I have seen phrases like "I only ship on Thursdays. Expect packages by Monday."
Now and then I miss something important when bidding, so I try to remember to read the fine print.
John 3:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2006, 10:11 PM   #11  
Inking Addict

Not to be a downer, or rain on anyone's parade, but I sell on Ebay off and on, but I ALWAYS specify my shipping days and I specifically say "I ship on Tuesdays and Fridays AFTER payment is received. So if they pay on Tuesday night (obviously after I can go to the post office) then I don't mail their item until Friday. I do this because I work at my daughter's preschool on Mon., Wed, & Thurs. and absolutely cannot ship on those days. All of my shipping quotes are for Priority Mail, but they can say they would like me to ship First Class and I will gladly do that. I just let everyone know UP FRONT in my description my terms for shipping. I am very flexible on everything, but I can't be flexible on my days that I can get to the post office. That's just so they know because I don't want to promise to ship it when I can't. I have never had any negative feedback, but would not want any either. I have been an ebayer for 6 years now and have myself had HORRIBLE sellers. But I try to give the benefit of doubt b/f leaving neg. feedback. Right now, I have a seller that I bought a Photosmart printer from (not cheap! but cheaper then retail) but they said they would include the setup CD. That was a month ago and I still can't setup my PC OR get in touch with the guy. He hasn't left me feedback, but I am afraid if I leave neg. he will me and have 100% pos. right now. Sorry to go on, but these are my thoughts for your quest. GOOD LUCK!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2006, 10:20 PM   #12  
Hardware Hotshot

Yeah, I know what you mean. I got Wonderful words on ebay a while back, and I paid for priority, and it took me 2 or 3 weeks to get it. I was really P.O'ed, and then when it came, I realized that it was not shipped priority, it was shipped in the regular mail. But I'm thinking what that seller was doing was not shipping stuff until after she ordered it. It said that she had 56 wonderful words for sale buy it now, and I really don't think anyone would just happen to have 56 of one stamp set laying around her house. So my theory is she would wait for someone to buy it, and then she would order it from SU, wait for it to come, and then mail it to me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2006, 10:28 PM   #13  
Inking Addict

Yeah, that is bad business on Ebay. I would not do that to a buyer unless I specifically stated that in my auction, but then why would someone buy it there when they can just contact demo? I guess that's why she didn't state that b/c she probably knew she wouldn't get as much business. I tell you, I like to sell, but I try my best to be as upstanding as possible b/c I want to treat people the way I expect to be treated as an Ebayer. I think if people are honest about their stuff and up front about their terms then that should be it, but it's people who try to "skim" by that give people a bad experience.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2006, 10:29 PM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

I would have to agree about not leaving negative feedback. If the product arrives in the stated condition, wait for the seller to leave a feedback! Sometimes I think they play chicken, wanting to wait to get feedback first. When you do leave it, just say the item arrived in good condition, later than expected.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2006, 10:47 PM   #15  
Forum Fanatic

I would definitely leave a positive feedback if the item arrived as described within the timelines set by eBay, but would be somewhat tempted to say something like, "Item arrived as described. Paid for priority shipping, arrived 10 business days after end of auction." It's all the truth, and even if the auction holder replies to your feedback by saying they did send it priority, they won't be able to deny the auction ended on this date, and the parcel was sent on that date. I've seen similar to this in feedback before and for me it gets the buyer's experience across quite nicely. You may want to browse some feedback of various major sellers to see how others have handled this situation.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 04:10 AM   #16  
Polyshrink Goddess

If you paid for priority shipping and your package arrived priority then I wouldn't leave a negative. Priority shipping is for shipping only and had nothing to do with how long it took to get the item out the door. If they said they would mail it within 3 days and it took them 5 then that is another story.
-:�:- ((��.��*
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 05:28 AM   #17  
Mad Swapper

I kind of think if they know they cannot priority ship it the next business day then they need to have their auctions end the day before they CAN ship it. Just my opinion, but why would one pay for priority and then have to wait weeks?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 05:32 AM   #18  
Glitter Guru

I -almost- had negative feedback once. I sold my dad's boat (yeah...full size, 24 foot boat) on eBay and it stated clearly several times that buying this boat meant it was a local pick up only. Well uhm yeah...how do you ship a boat!?!?!? Does UPS have boxes that big?

Anyway...dude got angry about it and sent an email to eBay and they smacked him down, showing him the shipping arrangements that I had typed in three or four places in the ad. So he relented, sent a check and drove to get his boat.

Point of the story? Just double check the shipping arrangements and email the person before giving negative feedback. It could just be a misunderstanding of sorts!!! ;)
Faerey Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 06:23 AM   #19  
Rubber Obsessor

I agree with the poster who advised against negative feedback. It's a shame it's dangerous to post a deserved negative, but I've read on the eBay community message boards that sellers often post retaliatory negatives, so it's just not worth the risk.

I've been waiting more than 3 weeks for a package that was supposed to come via UPS (in 3 business days!). IF I ever get the item, I'll post "item received today" as my feedback. If anyone looks at the auction and compares the dates, they'll see how long it took the seller to ship it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 08:03 AM   #20  
Cat
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

No shipping policy and as many times as I have bid on things I have never seen anyone specify their shipping policy beyond the cost. I paid PayPal on both of these so there was nothing to wait for. Yes, I contacted the sellers and they both replied that they had never made any promises as to when they would ship. Actually, as I said, I have never seen anyone leave this information. I think from now on I will put a note that I expect ASAP shipment in the comment box when I pay.
Annabelle - I post auctions on eBay often, and always include shipping information --- beyond the cost. I note that if payment is recvd by a certain time, items ship 'same day' or 'next day' or whatever I can do. If for some reason I can't ship as noted in my auction, I send the buyer a message with details.

If I see an eBay item, and it's not clear to me what the shipping is, then I don't bid. You can't leave negative feedback if the seller didn't meet their commitments or the details of their auction.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:15 AM   #21  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by jailbirdstamper
NO. Just because they said they would ship priority does not mean they would ship it next day. You misunderstood the shipping terms.
If there were no shipping terms, how could they have been misunderstood?!

If a seller offers Priority Mail shipment I feel they should get the product out within a day or two of it being paid for. 10 days, in my opinion, is too long.

I would leave Neutral feedback ... say something like "paid for Priority shipment but received 10 days later." I have done this before.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 08:26 AM   #22  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampin'HappyInCT
I would leave Neutral feedback ... say something like "paid for Priority shipment but received 10 days later." I have done this before.
This is what I was going to say too. Neutral stings just as much, but doesn't warrent a negative feedback in return.
I have 1 neutral on my eBay account :( It was because of the USPS, not my fault. So I have to live with that, even though I couldn't do anything about it. At least it didn't hurt my 100% score!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 08:30 AM   #23  
Gabfest Goddess

Isn't there an Ebay rule that states how long the seller has to ship the item? I seem to remember reading that on SCS before when someone else had a problem, but I can't remember what Ebay's policy is.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 08:32 AM   #24  
Polyshrink Goddess

I would make the feedback fairly positive too, but state clearly how long the items took to come.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 08:35 AM   #25  
Watercolor Wizard

I have sold quite a bit on Ebay as well, and I always charge for priority shipping and put that I will ship within three days after receiving payment. This allows for payment being received on a Friday or Saturday. I have not had any problems with receiving payments and I usually ship priority the next business day. So far, all of the people who have bought from me have expressed satisfaction in the time they received the item. I also make it a point to email the winner of the item and congratulate them for winning and let them know that I will ship immediately upon receiving the payment.

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 08:47 AM   #26  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

I kind of think if they know they cannot priority ship it the next business day then they need to have their auctions end the day before they CAN ship it. Just my opinion, but why would one pay for priority and then have to wait weeks?
Priority shipping is just that....priority SHIPPING. You only paid to upgrade shipping which doesn't mean it will get out the door any faster. Its like when you shop at Amazon.com. Choosing regular, 2 day or overnight shipping doens't mean the product is going to leave the warehouse any faster, just when it does the shipping time will depend on the method of shipping selected. If you had stayed with regular ground shipping (which I'm assuming was an option??) the item would have shipped the same time but would have taken a few days longer to arrive once shipped.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 08:51 AM   #27  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

This is the second time I have ordered something and paid for priority shipping on ebay and the seller waited 7 days to mail it. So why am I paying for priority to get something 10 days later? My assumption is that if you pay for priority they mail it the next business day so I can get it in the 2-3 days I am supposed to get it. What do you think?
Just another thought I had as well....how did you pay for it? I know when I have paid via Paypal through my checking account it takes a bit for the funds to clear and to be put into the sellers account. If that was the case, that could be the reason it wasn't mailed for 7 days.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 10:02 AM   #28  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by gv-copperdog
I would be very careful with negative feedback. We left some for a horrible seller who totally ripped us off (after we first tried to resolve through e-mails), and even though we did everything we were supposed to do (paid extremely fast), he put a negative on us. eBay kicked him off because at the same time as us, others started leaving him bad feedback and we urged people to file a complaint with eBay. To this day (four years later or so), it really grates on my nerve that we have 1 negative feedback by a "member" -- who isn't allowed on eBay anymore anyway! People sometimes leave negatives too fast. I would say leave something like "Received product" with a positive; people are likely to read between the lines with that.
Doesn't that just pi@* you off! I had the same thing happen to me. I bought a quikutz set off eBay and the lady shorted me the bonus die (which I never did get) and shipped the set 10 days after the auction when I used BIN and she said she would ship within 24 hrs. I left NEUTRAL feedback after she wouldn't respond to 4 emails and the bee-yatch left me a negative. The only one I have and I am a stellar buyer and seller. It hasn't really affected me, but it torques me that I have it for someone elses ineptness. I couldn't get her bumped off, even though she committed fraud and has since screwed others in the same way. Who me bitter? Nah!

Last edited by Sereikastamper; 06-30-2006 at 03:47 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 10:22 AM   #29  
Stampin' Fool

I sell on ebay and I don't always have my shipping terms listed in the description, (maybe I should, something to think about) but I think they are in the shipping information. If they aren't they are in my store under shipping information. It's so easy to ship everyday. All you have to do is schedule a pickup from your postal carrier, via the internet, say where the item will be and they come to get it. Doesn't cost anything if it's a regular pickkup. You only have to ship 1 priority package and the rest can be anything. As long as it's priority they will always pick up! (One time they forgot to come get it, so I scheduled another pickup for the next day because I was home sick from work and couldn't go to the post office)
I would be a little upset myself if I had to wait a week before the package was even mailed if I paid for priority. Seems like if you want to sell something you should want to mail it too!
I know there are always reasons that a person can't keep a commitment, sick, emergency, whatever. I'm sure my husband wouldn't be able to do one thing with my stuff if something happened to me. He's a dork when it comes to computers!
Sorry this is so long and I truly don't want to offend anyone, So if I did I appologize in advance!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 10:38 AM   #30  
Forum Fanatic

kls1973, have you replied to her negative feedback? Your reply will show up so those viewing your fb can read it and get a fuller picture of the situation. Usually it is pretty obvious to other buyers and sellers when a negative is left out of spite, but if you reply you can drive that point home.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 02:08 PM   #31  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by karinlm
I know when I have paid via Paypal through my checking account it takes a bit for the funds to clear and to be put into the sellers account.
When I use PayPal, the debit shows up in my checking account the very next day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 02:50 PM   #32  
Cat
Die Cut Diva

There are multiple ways to pay via your checking acct through Paypal. There's e-check (which takes almost a week to clear) or regular payment (which debits what ever method your acct is set up to). I've had people pay my via e-check, thinking it was the right way to force Paypal to use their checking acct.
Old 06-29-2006, 03:01 PM   #33  
Mad Swapper

I paid through my Visa through PayPal. I paid within 30 minutes of the end of the auction.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 03:50 PM   #34  
Polyshrink Goddess

I've never sold anything on ebay but buying from ebay can be a 'live & learn' experience & I think buyers have to be proactive consumers. It would be great if every seller gave specific details of how they ship - I've noticed it varies from no shipping details (even cost) to the shipping information being provided multiple times. Bottom line is that if there is little to no detail the buyer needs to ask the question - this is what I do & I've never had a bad experience. If the seller doesn't answer my question I just won't bid on their items. If they answer & I still have questions, I ask them. 'Priority shipping' is only the method of shipping from the post office, UPS, etc. - it doesn't mean they will get it to the shipper right away. If there was no specific or implied shipping commitment, then you really don't have any basis for negative feedback. I'd suggest either leaving neutral feedback (something that let's other know the product was as expected) & leave out anything about the shipping. When I see this kind of feedback it is a flag to me that something didn't go quite as expected.
Kitty
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 03:54 PM   #35  
Mad Swapper

I guess I tend to focus on the word "priority". That tells me that the person wants it quickly and are willing to pay the additional postage to accomplishment. I would feel bad holding the item when a person feels that they want it as a "priority". It does affect my willingness to ever buy from that person again. I will wait until after I get my feedback and then e-mail them with my thoughts.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 03:55 PM   #36  
Mad Swapper

That should say "to accomplish that". I am missing that edit feature.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 08:56 PM   #37  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by kls1973
...... don't by from ****** on eBay EVER!! I couldn't get her bumped off, even though she committed fraud and has since screwed others in the same way. Who me bitter? Nah!
Hey, girls, please remember the TOS...Terms of Service. If you haven't read them it's time. We do not "name names" here. If somebody wants that info they can pm you, but this type of post is a strict no-no.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 09:49 PM   #38  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am a seller on e-bay and this is what I list in my auctions.

"Items will be shipped within 72 hours of receipt of payment. I go to the post office 2-3 times weekly (no weekends)."

I have always stated that in my auctions and have never had a problem.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2006, 06:00 PM   #39  
Inking Addict

As I said before, it depends on how they pay. I do have a lot of people pay by e-check and the fact is, it takes about 5 days to clear. If it clears on a Saturday, then you have to wait until Monday to even go to the post office. I just had a few auctions end on Thursday (this past) and I got an e-check payment the same night. When I checked my Paypal account it said "this item is expected to clear on or about July 5th." That is one week AFTER the auction ends that I even get my money. If I ship before it clears, then it DOESN"T clear, then I am on the bad end of the transaction. So, sometimes as a seller you have to make sure you get paid before you ship and that can hold it up. But I ship either the day it clears of the day after. One time a buyer paid me by e-check and I went out of town for 3 days a week later, and it cleared while I was out of town. That was beyond my control to ship when it cleared. Also I tell people who pay by personal check that I don't ship until ample time has been given for their check to clear.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2006, 07:01 PM   #40  
Crimping Master

Leave positive feedback ...if item was as described, but say shipping was slow....Just describe the service your received and if you liked the item....other people will get the idea from what you said.....and if they end up with a lot of feedback like that, the person will shape up, maybe or people may avoid the seller.....only leave negative if item was not as described or you didn't get it and they did not ever respond to you. Just my thoughts on the matter...
Reply With Quote Likes