Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-30-2012, 07:07 AM   #1  
Glitter Guru

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Why did SU retire Stampin Scrub replacement pads?!

I realize that this is old news, but I only just figured it out when I went online to order replacement pads for my Stampin Scrub and they are no longer there! What is the thinking is here? Argh! I just put my one set of replacement pads in my scrubber and wanted another spare set. My old ones have been washed so often that they peeled off the plastic backing.

I called SU and it turns out that the Stampin Scrub in the catty is different than the one I have - bigger (which is good because I can fit by bigger BG stamps on it) but without replacable pads. The pads are just permanently glued in.

This is one change I do not like. It means you have to buy a whole new scrubber every time your pads give out.

SU does so many things right. But then they do something like this.

I like using the scrubber. I know Inkadinkadoo and Technique Tuesday and others make them, but I don't know if any have replaceable pads or if you just have to throw those away as well.

Is it just me or is this annoying?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2012, 08:05 AM   #2  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I understand your disappointment. I have the older pad and have never taken my pads out to clean them....honestly, I didn't realize they came out when I first got them and always cleaned them inplace and let them dry overnight in my drain board. Mine have stayed in and been cleaned this way for at least two-three years!!!! Maybe that is the reason for the change?? You can still clean them but just not remove them! I thought I heard some talk about the little tabs breaking off after awhile of being removed, so if they aren't removable...problem solved?? Not sure if that is their thinking or not, but it would make sense to me. I have never had an issue with mine and I have NEVER removed them!!!
I am excited about the bigger size on the new cleaner! It is going to make cleaning those bigger stamps SSSSOOOO much easier. It is on my list for my next order!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2012, 08:16 AM   #3  
Glitter Guru

Mine, too. I'm going to have to bite the bullet and buy one of the new ones.

And for now I am not taking out my pads and rinsing them under tons of water in the sink, but taking a damp paper towel and rubbing them to clean them. Maybe that will help keep them glued to the backing longer.... You got a few years out of yours, maybe I can do the same.

Last edited by Rachelrose; 08-30-2012 at 08:22 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2012, 08:57 AM   #4  
Kookie Creator

I've had my scrubbing pads for over 5 years and use them all the time. I have never taken them out to wash them...just run them under the faucet, apply a little dishwashing liquid and scrub until the water runs clear, then leave them open and stand them up to dry. They are still in great shape. I almost wish they looked worse so I could justify buying the new bigger ones! They sound awesome
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2012, 10:09 AM   #5  

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I would guess that a lack of sales on the replacement pads is why SU! decided not to offer them with the new Scrub.
Or the 'issues' with the tabs breaking.

I have two Scrubs and a set of replacement pads (old size), so I'm also looking for a good reason to buy the new Scrub. Everything I've heard about it is good!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2012, 10:35 AM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

The new scrubber is so much better! So, IMOH it's well worth the money. And you can just rinse the whole thing when it gets dirty. Mine dries ok within a day!

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2012, 12:13 PM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

I think the new scrubber pads even seem better so maybe they don't need replacing! I LOVE the metal hinge (2 of my 3 old ones were broken), the fact that the pads aren't held in by those little plastic thingies (again most of mine were broken), and the non-slip feet on both sides of the scrub (my old ones slid all over - now I know that I could have put non-slip thingies on it but I didn't even think of that). It is heads and tails WAY BETTER than the previous scrub!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2012, 12:20 PM   #8  
Glitter Guru

Well, I do think I destroyed my first set by over wetting them when I washed them or maybe drying them in the sun afterwards - the glue just let go and the scrubber peeled off the plastic back.

I am going to be more careful with the set I have. But I will probably buy the new one in the near future and put this one away for, well, emergencies. (Right. Stamp scrubber emergencies. Hard to believe there could be such a thing, but ya never know.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2012, 04:07 PM   #9  

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by RachelroseView Post
Well, I do think I destroyed my first set by over wetting them when I washed them or maybe drying them in the sun afterwards - the glue just let go and the scrubber peeled off the plastic back.

I am going to be more careful with the set I have. But I will probably buy the new one in the near future and put this one away for, well, emergencies. (Right. Stamp scrubber emergencies. Hard to believe there could be such a thing, but ya never know.)
You're stamping ... you decide to switch from darks to a light colour, need to clean your stamps, realize that your scrubber is filthy dirty and needs to be cleaned so that you can get your stamps properly cleaned.
Yup ... scrubber emergency. Need to have a spare somewhere.

Either that ... or my kind of emergency ... "Where is it? Who hid it? What did I do with it? I need it NOW?"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2012, 06:43 PM   #10  
Glitter Guru

You are right! There IS such a thing as a scrubber emergency!

Obviously I must have the new model soon, so I am prepared!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2012, 06:58 PM   #11  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I cannot stress enough how amazing the new scrubber is! My stamps have never been so clean! Seriously! It just feels better when you scrub them. AND it's bigger so it's much easier to scrub your background stamps!

ANd I think the fibers are longer so they clean the nooks and crannies better!

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2012, 07:01 PM   #12  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I just use baby wipes now. The wipes container is under my chair and it saves valuable room on my stamping area.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2012, 08:24 PM   #13  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's on my wishlist. I have an old cheap stamp scrubber I bought somewhere, not thinking about what it would look like after a few years - the case and the pads are WHITE (well, were white...). It also is difficult to use on larger stamps and shallow so my fingers get dirty if I'm trying to really clean a stamp well. I'll keep my old one in case of emergencies (ha!) but am looking forward to one that gets the job done, is sturdy, and doesn't look as dirty as my dingy white one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2012, 09:53 PM   #14  
Polyshrink Goddess

It will be interesting to see how the new scrubber acts long term but based on how it is acting now, I'm pretty excited and don't think I'll be missing the replacement pads. I have 3 of the old scrub pads but 2 of them have broken hinges, which is why I COULD NOT WAIT for the new pad to come out. Between the metal hinge, the rubber feet, and the thicker pad, it feels a lot sturdier. I had a problem with my old pads with the pad part sliding around or curling if I took it out to wash and dry and so I just started washing them without removing the pads. That seemed to work well, so I think if you end up switching to the new style of pad you should be ok.

But while you have brand new replacement pads, cherish the soft, clean, scrubby goodness you get with them when you first use them!
Reply With Quote Likes