Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-09-2004, 07:25 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHERE do you stamp?

i've seen pics of people's stamp rooms, but i don't think most of us have a whole room for just stamping! where do YOU stamp?

i have a corner of the kitchen that is set up w/ my work area, cabinets, table, etc. so although it's in the kitchen, i'm not stamping on the kitchen table.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2004, 07:48 PM   #2  
Inking Addict

I stamp in our bonus room. My area is set up with a desk, storage, etc...My little guy has his toys up there and my older Son has his XBOX tv, etc...We can all be together, but doing our own thing. It is wonderful on those snowy winter days!

Chris R. P.S. In the last house I was in the laundry room! It had a long counter with storage... :( But, hey, it was MY space!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2004, 07:56 PM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

My husband built a top for our pool table in the rec room, so I have a huge surface to work on! It works very well for make and takes!
Cathie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2004, 07:59 PM   #4  
Stampin' Fool

I started in a box - everything was in a box from the bakery. When I threw my husband a surprise 50th party, all the buns came wrapped in a box that fits a whole sheet cake, which is what I stored all my supplies in. Then I graduated to the kitchen table. And NOW I have the room off of the kitchen!!! A whole room devoted to stamping!!! It started as my Grandma's sewing/pantry room. Then, when my Grandma died, and my son and I moved into the house, it became my son's room. He has since graduated to the 2 rooms upstairs, and the whole room is MINE!!! It has a huge table that folds up into the wall. Behind the "wall" are shelves where I store my stuff. I also have an antique dresser that holds stamping stuff. But I'm rapidly expanding. The other day, I told my DH that I need another table to hold my projects in the making. He just rolled his eyes at me!!! Anyone else have a DH that rolls his eyes??? He used to say, "nice" or "great" whenever I showed him a card. I've showed him so many cards, that all he does now is glance at them and nod. But I'm happy in my little room!!! ~Pam
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2004, 08:04 PM   #5  
SOS
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default The Rubber Room

I am now a spoiled rotten stamper, but it wasn't always so. I used to stamp at the kitchen table. After about a year, my wonderful husband got sick of coming home to a huge mess I'd make when the kids were napping. I'd have to quit to get dinner and never had it cleaned up when he got home. Since I teach classes it was the same thing each month so he built me my own space in our basement. Now it's officially known as the Rubber Room. I've just posted pictures as I am very proud that my husband did this for me.

www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/SOS
Making Memories One Stamp At A Time
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2004, 08:16 PM   #6  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have half of our finished basement. I started out like a lot of people, stamping on the kitchen table. I graduated to a table at the bottom of the stairs, then I moved into a little corner in our basement. After that I moved to about 1/4 of the big basement room, and then I took over 1/2! I have 4 tables for my class, plus my chrome dinette table which is my desk that I started with that was my grandmother's kitchen table, and can seat 8 to 11 stampers in there, even though it's a little cramped. DH tells me he is going to clean his half of the big room out and I will get more of the basement for my classroom...I'm not holding my breath, but it sure would be nice!

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2004, 08:18 PM   #7  
Die Cut Diva

I stamp at the dining room table...My son and I haven't eaten there in about 8 months! Needless to say there isn't much room to do anything but stamp at the table.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2004, 08:58 PM   #8  
Crimping Master

I stamp in a closet in the back of our great room. There's enough depth for a small table. I have a book shelf on one side for my crafts/painting/sewing and a book shelf on the other side for stamping with shelfs and wire shelves in front for supplies and accessories...it's getting a little crowded in there...maybe one day I'll have a whole room!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2004, 08:59 PM   #9  
Insane Embellisher

We have a seperate family room but its not really big enough to be an actual family room. I have one wall in it. I have an 8' table along the wall and some storage stuff under it. I have my peg board above my table. I will (hopefully soon!) have two stamp set boxes to hang on my wall and a cork board up as well. I can't wait to have it all done! My hubby needs to get busy, well with my stamping area, he is quite busy as it is.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2004, 09:02 PM   #10  
Insane Embellisher

If I stamp at home, I usually use a lap board or a small table that's about 9 inches by 2 feet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2004, 09:20 PM   #11  
Crimping Master

We don't have kids yet, so I use the guest/computer/craft room to stamp in. My stamp desk is right next to my computer desk. I also do software testing at home. Between the two, I spend a lot of time in the spare room!

Stampin' Up! demonstrator with a website!

What Can Lightbulb Do For You?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2004, 10:11 PM   #12  
Inking Addict

We just built new wall units in our family room. One side is mine, so I stamp on the desk and pull out work table. All my stuff is in the drawers and shelves above, below and around me! The stamp drawers are already full!

We had the units customs built, so the designer measured my stamp boxes to be sure that they would fit where I wanted them too. I love it because I can do my thing but still be out where all the action is!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2004, 10:13 PM   #13  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Started out stamping on kitchen table and using 3 bankers

boxes to hold all my stuff. Now I probably have about 6 bankers boxes worth of stuff in just a few more months and have just recently rearranged our home office to store my stamps and try to stamp in the office. I may have to find another spot though as the desk in there doesn't seem to be level and some of the stuff I roll doesn't turn out very well. I'm still investigating the problem as I LOVE to roll gift bags, cardstock and more. LOL

For now, I have to work there as that's the ONLY place in this house to work as our family has expanded and my craft/guest room became a nursery.

We may just need to add on to the house so I can find a room to stamp in. LOL That'll go over like a lead balloon..."Gee honey, can you please take out a loan so we can make me stamp room?"

Perhaps in my future dreams.

For now, I use our garage as a temporary classroom when I host classes at the house. We have folding tables and chairs in one corner of the garage, so they're pretty easy to get out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2004, 10:18 PM   #14  
Compulsive Stamper

Default where I stamp

I stamp on a TV tray in front of the TV, but my stamps and supplies have taken over my sons bedroom. He is on his own and now there isn't a spare bedroom for either of my grown children unless they want to sleep with the stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2004, 10:32 PM   #15  
Polyshrink Goddess

i'm so jealous of people who have a whole room just for stamping!!! makes my little corner seem to small

but i am glad it's a separate space and i can keep all my stuff there, and not have to pull everything out from under the bed when i want to craft. hopefully when we get to buy a bigger house we will get a 3 bdr, one for me and hubby, one for my son, and 3rd will be for the computer/office, and my crafty stuff. i can have 70% of that room and the computer can be in a little corner heh. but for right now i like that my stuff is in the kitchen cuz i have it gated, otherwise my son would totally get into all my stuff and probably hurt himself and give me a heart attack.

maybe i'll post a pic later of my area, i just reorganized it and got new cabinets cuz my costco 400 colors drawers were getting annoying.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2004, 10:36 PM   #16  
Mad Swapper

We currently live in a three bedroom on base and I am lucky enough to get my own room for my stamping and quilting. We have three-year-old twin boys who love to get into things, but seem to leave my stuff alone. The don't even bother going into the room unless I'm in there first! Then they just bring in some of their toys and play on the floor behind me. Once in awhile I have to divert little fingers, but in general they are pretty good in my room.
Alas, we are moving next March and I may not be as fortunate to have my own place. It sure will be hard to make the transition from my own place to my own corner! But we crafters are creative and I'm sure I will survive.
Janice
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2004, 10:43 PM   #17  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My DAH(darling awesome hubby!) built half of the garage into a stamp room for me!! Its 11x14 and drywalled and my brother (DB? ) did electrical outlets on the walls and wired the ceiling for lights. I faux painted the walls in a tuscan yellow and it looks like old plaster. I will soon be stamping on the walls. Tons of storage space with bookshelves (filled of course!) My fave thing though is the 2 doors; I am working on stapling cork and batting on them, then criss crossing ribbon as one of those French memo boards. I will hang all my samples there!! Now I just need a window and air conditioning!!! Happy Stamping!
Tandra

SA Sistah -Original Swappers Anonymous!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2004, 01:57 AM   #18  
Pearl-ExPert

Default where do you stamp

I took over my formal dining room.
It wasn't being used anyway.
It's a formal stamping room now!
NY Nan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2004, 03:11 AM   #19  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The pictures of Beverly's "Rubber Room" are wonderful! I have a room for stamping, but you'll never see pictures of it posted here! It's a mess most of the time. :oops: I go up there and tell myself Im just going to clean it, not stamp. Inevitably, as I'm putting stuff back in place, an idea will hit me, and that's it...stuff all over the place again! :? I have made a stab at organization, but I don't have it perfected yet. I should just break down and have the room re-modeled to suit my needs better. I could certainly get enough ideas from all the great rooms on this site!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2004, 03:16 AM   #20  
Pearl-ExPert

Default work space

As most of you have, I started out stuffing all of my stuff in MANY corners of my bedroom. And when I wanted to play, I had to drag all my stuff out and work at my kitchen table. So as you can imagine, people had to either stand and eat or go into the living room and eat in front of the TV. But one day while I was downstairs in the basement, I noticed this HUGE metal office desk that my husband had down there but he just used it for storage for his many electrical "needs". Basically, it was filled to the brim with JUNK. It was down there for the past 12 years with him not ever opening one single drawer. I just happened to finally notice it because I needed someplace to call my very own. So I asked if I could empty it out and use it to store all my stuff. I think he was so sick and tired of NOT seeing the kitchen table anymore and basically having to run the obstacle course through our bedroom just to get around all my stuff, he told me YES!!! So now, I have moved all my stamping AND scrapbooking stuff downstairs. I have all my inks and stamp sets on top of the desk for easy access (it's big enough where I can do that and STILL have room to stamp) The bottom drawer is actually a file cabinet, so I have all my cardstock separated by color there, and the other 3 draweres hold misc things. Oh, I do have one drawer that I call my "graveyard". If I'm working on something and it doesn't come out just right or I'm getting frustrated with it, it gets thrown into the graveyard until I have the time or patience to deal with it. Or if there's anything that I just don't have time to figure out where it goes, it gets thrown in the graveyard. I'm sure you get the idea. Plus I have a bureau type thing with 2 large drawers that I keep some paperwork, credit card stuff and big items that I have no room for on the desk. On top of that I have wire shelves that hold all my 12x12 paper, die cut sheets, albums ETC. And lastly I have a bookshelf that I store all my idea books/magazines, little plastic shoeboxes to store embellishments, wheels, ribbon etc. Plus a couple of those plastic 3 drawer thingies to store my eyelets, markers, scissors, adhesives etc. I now like the fact that I can start a project (or two, or three) and keep it spread across my desk and not have to worry about picking it up until it is done. The only drawback is.....I'm on the side of the basement that is NOT finished off, so I am in the middle of the extra fridge, washer & dryer, his tool bench, the train table and all of the normal "basement stuff" BUT, I love it nonetheless. I'll just wait patiently until one of the boys move out and then I can have a whole room to myself. But I might have a little wait since they are only 7 and 8. But I'll wait. Pam
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2004, 03:37 AM   #21  
Inking Addict

As with most of you, I also started out in the kitchen and when my husband became tired of the mess because of it being left out all the time I moved it. At our old house we had a bar in our finished basement-this was the perfect spot b/c I had shelves under it to store things plus the work surface was high enough that the kids could not reach anything I was working on. It was also nice b/c we could all spend time together- My dh would be on the computer and the kids could watch TV down there. Now that we moved to a different house I have a tiny room-It used to be a closet. It is large enough that I can fit a 6 ft. table and two bookcases along with a small file cabinet and a 4 drawer cart into it. It is very tight with everything in it but it works for me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2004, 05:38 AM   #22  
Stazon Splitcoast

We have a four bedroom home and our nest is beginning to empty, so we have one room set up as our computer and stampin/scrappin room. I love it!

I also have a group of stamping friends and we get together, rotating houses, about every two months for "Stamp Camp." I love to host it at my house since I have everything organized and can easily get to whatever we need!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2004, 05:41 AM   #23  
Gabfest Goddess

I live in a trailer so I am currently using the kitchen table......and all the kitchen counters ... when stamping. DH is really tired of it.....so he's making me a table for my spare/computer room. He's already built shelves everywhere in that room, and I have all my supplies on those shelves and in one filing cabinet. Once the table's in, I'm set!! Unfortunately it may be a couple of months before the table's done, so until then in kitchen kaos!!

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. ~Author Unknown
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2004, 06:21 AM   #24  
Pearl-ExPert

Gee, I guess I'm in the minority. We live in a 3 bedroom house & it's just DH & me! LOL He has the unfinished basement for his wookworking shop AND the spare bedroom upstairs for his computer/sewing room. Yes, he sews!!! And he's good at it!!!!!! I have taken over the spare bedroom downstairs as my computer room AND the family room as my stamp room! I love my new arrangement! I have a tv, dvd player, a big table, my supplies all in one place & my furries are welcome most of the time. I get a bit annoyed with Calvin (orange tabby) when he decides it's time to shred paper or to walk all over my project in progress, but throwing him off the table 3 or 4 times usually does the trick. I even have a soft comfy chair for Baron (spoiled rotten dog) to curl up in. I usually end up with so many supplies pulled out that my actual work space is only about 6" square! :lol: Until I took over the family room though, I worked on our diningroom table. We very rarely eat there so I didn't have to clean up my mess every night, but DH got tired of the mess & I got tired of my stuff being scattered everywhere in the house. Now it's mostly contained! :lol: Check out my pictures!
Suzanne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2004, 07:12 AM   #25  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: My very hot stamp room, in Phoenix! It's a dry heat.

Beverly, your stamping room is delicious! Your husband is awesome for creating such a space for you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2004, 10:10 AM   #26  
Polyshrink Goddess

I stamp in the family room, close to the kitchen. I have one of those pull up coffee tables, the perfect height and I can store stuff under it. Finally moved the unwatched videos out of the cabinet by the TV and now all my stamp sets are there. Makes DH happier to have them out of sight. Yes, I have one of those who rolls his eyes quite often, but he's pretty good. He and my rolling-eye DS have both asked me to make cards for them to send. And even though DH rolls his eyes every time Brown drops off another box, he never asks how much money I'm spending! He golfs, so I think we're even. I may even be behind. Can't wait for the new catty. See you soon, man in brown!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2004, 12:32 PM   #27  
Rubber Obsessor

I don't have a whole room, but I have the greatest desk that accomodates my addiction. It is in a "remote" corner of our living room and I love it!!!! It is actually a corner computer desk but it works perfect for my needs because it has shelves and cubbies! Also, when my husband put it together for me, I had him leave out the cd rack, moniter stand and the keyboard drawer. I wish I would've left the keyboard thing because I could've used it. Best of all I got it on sale for 99.00! I love it! I did buy a black rolling file cabinet for paper storage. Here is the link if it works! =)

http://www.staples.com/Catalog/Brows...26Sku%3D360638
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2004, 03:06 PM   #28  
Stampin' Fool

Default Stamping Space

I do all my stamping in our bedroom. We moved into a condo Feb. from a house where I had a small empty bedroom for all my stamping. This has been a big adjustment but it works out fine. We bought some office funiture that has a long desk with a long drawer under it. There is also a smaller desk next to that that matches that has a hutch on top and three drawers. I have a lap top that goes on that desk. We have two double closets in the bedroom where one of them has shelves in there for all my stamps and misc. There is also an old bureau in there where I keep things I don't need to get at all the time. I have a TV on top of one of our bureaus. I'm very happy. Carol
Reply With Quote Likes