Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-31-2012, 07:05 AM   #81
Crimping Master

Rachel,
Love the quote at the bottom of you post. Read it to my husband and he really laughed. He understands, though, as his hobby is woodworking. Not only are his tools more expensive, when he makes a mistake, it's hard to joke that "It's just exotic wood," but I can say, "It's just designer paper." Sounds like we are both rubber cement fans.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-31-2012, 07:24 AM   #82
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill with a G View Post
I keep a drinking glass of water or juice in my craft space. Usually no lid, because it's kept behind me, on a nice coaster, and all to itself. No spills for years. One night though, I had a glass of red wine. It had to be red wine too. Sure enough, I hit the top of the glass. Caught it in mid air, so the glass didn't break. Yeah the wine went everywhere. What an idiot! Some nice card stock had red wine droplets and splashes. I guess I could have kept them for artistic design, but I didn't think of that!
Gillian, I once had to pass back papers to my students with spagetti sauce stains on them. That's what I get for multitasking through supper.

As my best friend says, "Stamping....it's cheaper than therapy" to which I add, "Not by much".

My mom was the proud recipient of my first handmade card. Cost $200.

~My Gallery~
Old 12-31-2012, 04:29 PM   #83
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by baxtif View Post
My biggest disaster is with embossing powder. I was working with some Iridescent Ice powder, doing assembly line style work. I had stamped and put embossing powder on a bunch of cards, then went to heat set them. I had put the open container of EP in my little powder pal and turned on the heat tool. I somehow managed to bump the powder pal and went to grab it with the same hand that was holding the running heat tool, blowing full speed. Needless to say my entire stamp room looked like the inside of a snow globe in about 2 seconds. Between the fact that the EP container was turning over and the heat tool blowing it everywhere I had a beautiful shimmer over furniture, carpet, my table, and me.

I'm still convinced that sometimes when I sneeze it looks like fairy dust hitting the tissue.
I am laughing my head off at the visual of your snow globe room! I can say from experience that you will never be able to clean up all the glitter!

My Gallery My Blog

Sometimes the smallest things take the most room in your heart - Piglet