Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-09-2005, 07:58 PM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats up with this Boutique?

I have been making and selling crafts for 20+ years. I prefer to put my items in boutiques when possible. Sitters are hard to come by for me. Last year I was involved in a new boutique. The lady running it admitted she didn't know much about running it and asked for advice on things. I gladly gave it. She did some strange things but I figured that was just her way. I did very well and sold a lot. I was happy about this. Then this fall I received a call from the lady hosting the event. I guess she had received a number of calls over the summer for some of the items I canned. She wanted to make sure I was bringing stuff. Wanted me to send her my inventory list about a week before she set the items up. She has a very detailed way of doing a inventory list. She gives you a set of numbers. You give each of your items a different number.EX 100,101,102,103 etc.etc. I have never seen this system before.

I sent the inventory list. She told me I couldn't bring some of the same items I had last year because either she was taking over and making those items or had told someone else they could make them. She also wanted me to double my prices on certain things. Everything I bring she will ask where I purchased the items or how I made that. With her taking over and stealing some of my items from the previous year I am overly cautious to give her any indication of how I do anything. Even though I sell well at this sale I am thinking I should cut her loose. I don't like it when someone wants to steal my ideas.

Has anyone ever dealt with a boutique sale like this?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2005, 09:20 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

First time that I've heard this kind of story. My suggestion is this.
* Write a letter to the lady stating your past experience. (I usually brought 2 dozen gizmos, 3 dozen doodads, 1 dozen thingamajigs, etc, etc,) Then tell her that since you will not be allowed to participate at the same level as before, this will be your last sale with the "WXYZ Boutique" and you will be scoping out a more user friendly venue.
* Then actually DO IT! Find a better place.
John 3:16
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes