Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-09-2015, 07:53 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's the largest item you've ever lost on your stamp table?

I've certainly lost a number of items over the years on my crafting table (a few tiny acrylic stamps, tiny die cut pieces, little embellishments, etc.), but yesterday when I sat down to craft I found one of my Vagabond cutting plates missing :shock::shock::shock:!!! I couldn't believe it. I mean really, terror clutched at my heart because I rarely make a card where I don't have to die cut something!! I spent about a half hour searching for it, nope, gone gone gone. Seriously, how does one lose something that BIG?! The only thing I can think of is that over the past several days I've been converting all of my stamps that were in CD cases over to pocket storage, and as I was emptying the CD cases I was stacking them on my Vagabond, and perhaps when I went to throw them all away I picked up that top plate and it went out with the trash (which is gone now so I couldn't check it or I would have). I promptly ordered a new set of cutting plates from Amazon because I don't live close to any craft stores, and they should be here tomorrow (whew!)

So what's the largest item that's gone missing from YOUR craft space?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2015, 08:04 AM   #2  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,901 Likes on 2,174 Posts

if you are anything like me, now that you've ordered the new plate you will find the old one. I lose stuff all the time and when I find it it's usually right where it was supposed to be! LOL. I think the largest thing I couldn't find was a CD case with dies in it. I eventually found it right where it was supposed to be after looking there 10 times!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2015, 08:27 AM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
if you are anything like me, now that you've ordered the new plate you will find the old one. I lose stuff all the time and when I find it it's usually right where it was supposed to be! LOL. I think the largest thing I couldn't find was a CD case with dies in it. I eventually found it right where it was supposed to be after looking there 10 times!
I wish you were right, Kathy, but my work space is pretty small and I searched every square inch of it (several times over). Even looked under the couch that sits next to my table, shook out the dogs blanket/bed that sits under my table, and I really think it's GONE for good. Not that it's a super expensive item (not like losing the actual Vagabond machine itself or anything, now THAT would really be shocking lol!) Many times I've "misplaced" items, and found them later, but I don't think that's the case this time. I even had hubs search for it (a second pair of eyes and all that), and he couldn't find it either.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2015, 09:36 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

There are many items I can't find on my stamp table, but I eventually find them. I can say that I never "lost" a stamping item.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2015, 10:02 AM   #5  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by djaquayView Post
I wish you were right, Kathy, but my work space is pretty small and I searched every square inch of it (several times over). Even looked under the couch that sits next to my table, shook out the dogs blanket/bed that sits under my table, and I really think it's GONE for good. Not that it's a super expensive item (not like losing the actual Vagabond machine itself or anything, now THAT would really be shocking lol!) Many times I've "misplaced" items, and found them later, but I don't think that's the case this time. I even had hubs search for it (a second pair of eyes and all that), and he couldn't find it either.
Do you have magazines about the same size? If the plate is clear maybe its in between magazines. I really want you to find it! LOL! I'm such a fixer! The traits of a first born!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2015, 10:50 AM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
Do you have magazines about the same size? If the plate is clear maybe its in between magazines. I really want you to find it! LOL! I'm such a fixer! The traits of a first born!
No magazines, but you did give me the idea to look through my 8.5 X 11 paper packs which I keep in a large magazine holder, and it wasn't in there. The thing is, when I was converting my CD cases over I had pretty much emptied off my shelves and desk because I was rearranging things, but the Vagabond being as heavy as it is stayed put. I still can't come up with any other explanation than that I picked it up with the empty CD cases and through it in a trash bag :mad:. I promise I'll let you know if it shows up ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2015, 12:52 PM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

I did the same thing. I wanted to use the small CTMH stamp scrubber with the MISTI tool, only to discover after searching everywhere, it must have gotten caught up in the purge and thrown away.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2015, 01:24 PM   #8  
Insane Embellisher

The other day, the lid to a glue bottle bounced on the floor and out of site. It has not been seen since. Also, a bird punch I need for a project is MIA. Is there a fourth dimension out there? Where does stuff go???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2015, 01:27 PM   #9  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buried TreasuresView Post
The other day, the lid to a glue bottle bounced on the floor and out of site. It has not been seen since. Also, a bird punch I need for a project is MIA. Is there a fourth dimension out there? Where does stuff go???
Ha ha, sometimes it seems that way, doesn't it? Some crafting thief from that 4th dimension is stealing our stuff to stock their craft room lol!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2015, 02:18 PM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

I lost a set of SU framelits a while back...the entire set and its packaging. Never did find it, even after I ordered a replacement. Fortunately it was still a current product. How do these things happen?????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2015, 02:20 PM   #11  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Some crafting thief from that 4th dimension is stealing our stuff to stock their craft room lol!
This MUST be the explanation !@#$
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2015, 02:41 PM   #12  
Kookie Creator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I misplace my scissors all the time but eventually find them.

I also lost a plate from my Big Shot. I pulled out my bacvkup and started using that. Much later, when I was putting away a stack of stamp sets and dies in Avery Elle envelopes, I found the plate stuck between sets.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2015, 02:51 PM   #13  
Insane Embellisher

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Usually I lose my scissors. Occasionally a big shot plate - I'm totally getting the colored ones when I go to the stamp convention in Akron in a few weeks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2015, 02:56 PM   #14  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by meeyore151View Post
Usually I lose my scissors. Occasionally a big shot plate - I'm totally getting the colored ones when I go to the stamp convention in Akron in a few weeks!
I saw on a blog that someone put colored round stickers on their clear plates and I couldn't figure out why! Maybe that's the answer!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2015, 03:04 PM   #15  
Mad Swapper

Well those colored cutting plates are going to come in handy for many of us � I can't tell you the amount of times I put the clear cutting pad down for a second and then can't find it again LOL

I'd like to talk about the smallest thing I've ever lost on my craft table ::sob:: It's part of an X Cut Build a Scene die set. It was the smallest piece from the set, and the exact piece that I love the most and the one I needed to finish a project (of course). And the set is expensive (of course).

The only thing I can imagine is that I brought it over to my craft table to poke the little piece out of the die, got distracted, and it landed on the floor and got thrown away as a tiny "scrap" when cleaning. That's why I should never clean! That, or the cat batted it around into a corner but I've already searched...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2015, 03:50 PM   #16  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry for your loss. I thought I bought a stamp because I had a sample of the image on a scrap piece of c/s but when I wanted to use it, it was no where to be found - a year+ and it is still MIA. My sample image was is multi-colored ink so knew I must have tested it at home?? It was a 'thank you' sentiment so ended up buying a second one.

I think all 'lost' items are with the 'other sock' somewhere out THERE-
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2015, 04:22 PM   #17  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 29 Likes on 12 Posts

I usually find what I've lost in a drawer that was open, or in a file folder that was sitting there, or in the file I keep on the floor with my stencils. If I'm totally stumped, and I have been many times, I call my friend and ask her where she put it. (She only comes to visit once a year or so.) It's just a standing joke between us, but she almost always can tell me where my lost item is. Really spooky.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2015, 04:30 PM   #18  
Hardware Hotshot

I lost two sets of Nestabilities that took me forever to afford to buy ;-( I had taken them to work because we were having a "night of cardmaking workshop" (Ya, I had a great job at a family agency where where we had lots of different kinds of family events and classes). Now I don't know how I lost them, as I was super careful with them at work. I don't know if they got thrown out once I was home or what.

My co-worker bought me one replacement set when she ended up being my secret Santa. I've never gotten the scalloped ones replaced ;-(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2015, 04:34 PM   #19  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by poppydarlingView Post
Well those colored cutting plates are going to come in handy for many of us � I can't tell you the amount of times I put the clear cutting pad down for a second and then can't find it again LOL

I'd like to talk about the smallest thing I've ever lost on my craft table ::sob:: It's part of an X Cut Build a Scene die set. It was the smallest piece from the set, and the exact piece that I love the most and the one I needed to finish a project (of course). And the set is expensive (of course).

The only thing I can imagine is that I brought it over to my craft table to poke the little piece out of the die, got distracted, and it landed on the floor and got thrown away as a tiny "scrap" when cleaning. That's why I should never clean! That, or the cat batted it around into a corner but I've already searched...
Well that really stinks, especially since it was an expensive set.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2015, 04:41 PM   #20  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allistamps123View Post
I lost two sets of Nestabilities that took me forever to afford to buy ;-( I had taken them to work because we were having a "night of cardmaking workshop" (Ya, I had a great job at a family agency where where we had lots of different kinds of family events and classes). Now I don't know how I lost them, as I was super careful with them at work. I don't know if they got thrown out once I was home or what.

My co-worker bought me one replacement set when she ended up being my secret Santa. I've never gotten the scalloped ones replaced ;-(
That was really nice of your co-worker to do that! Which scalloped set is it that you haven't replaced?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2015, 04:41 PM   #21  
Insane Embellisher

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I'll bet I'd be able to make lots more cards if I didn't have to spend so much time looking for lost and misplaced things in my craft space. I try and put things away in their proper place but all of a sudden something has completely disappeared that I just had or was working on! How does that happen?? LOL!

Sorry about your missing plate.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2015, 05:27 PM   #22  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Band Mom

Received 123 Likes on 109 Posts

There's a Crop-a-dile hiding somewhere in my craft room. I haven't seen it in years, but I'm 99.75% certain I never threw it away nor gave it away.

I've temporarily misplaced other items over the years, but they've all eventually turned up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2015, 05:30 PM   #23  
Matboard Maniac

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I just lost the TE daisy cutting plate. I cut some and was running short on the Easter card I was making and was going to make some quickie cards. Can't find it! It is heavy! I have looked everywhere. I have a bag of trash (paper etc) on the floor and I have already gone thru it several times but I'm still afraid to throw the trash away till I find it. AGH!!!:confused:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2015, 05:35 PM   #24  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you ladies remember the movie 'The Borrowers'. They live under the floor boardsand borrow from us all the time. Problem is sometimes they forget to return the items. Thats what always gets blamed at our house.
The biggest thing I have ever lost was in my craft room but not a craft tool. I took my ring off as my hands were getting covered in ink. Then I forgot about it for a few days. Then I couldnt find it. Broke my heart, have spent the last year looking, moving things constantly thinking ahhh maybe under here or there and pulling things apart. I have finally had to say to myself, enough, its gone, move on.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2015, 07:56 PM   #25  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,551 Likes on 667 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Quote:

Originally Posted by ailhelenView Post
Do you ladies remember the movie 'The Borrowers'. They live under the floor boardsand borrow from us all the time. Problem is sometimes they forget to return the items. Thats what always gets blamed at our house.
The biggest thing I have ever lost was in my craft room but not a craft tool. I took my ring off as my hands were getting covered in ink. Then I forgot about it for a few days. Then I couldnt find it. Broke my heart, have spent the last year looking, moving things constantly thinking ahhh maybe under here or there and pulling things apart. I have finally had to say to myself, enough, its gone, move on.
The book was one of my childhood favorites - still love it to this day.

My tortie cat - little monkey - batted one of my label framelits into my trashcan - I just heard it - didn't see what it was, so I thought it was cardstock. That cost me $25 for a whole new set.

Bad cat.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2015, 01:11 AM   #26  
Forum Fanatic

Received 71 Likes on 17 Posts

In our house, apparently we brought home some Hawaiian Menehunes from one of our vacations however, it seems that instead of doing good deeds, our Menehunes are mischievous. They eat the last cookie, drink the last soda, bring candy into the house, fart, yes those little suckers are gassy, and the biggest problem is hiding things in the house. They hide keys, glasses, and it seems they looove to hide things in my stamp room. Most of the time they take pity on me and will bring things back but sometimes not until I've replaced it. I lost 2 things I needed for a class - a cute set of bird stamps and a VersFine ink cube. When I was putting things away after the class I found both of them in places I swear I looked. It had to be the "hunes" !
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2015, 01:59 AM   #27  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

That was really nice of your co-worker to do that! Which scalloped set is it that you haven't replaced?
Circle scallop. I always get mixed up with nestles! If a circle set is large, you get the small scallops??? Or what the heck do you do?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2015, 03:36 AM   #28  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 587 Likes on 240 Posts

My Crop-a-dile was lost for a long time, which is odd because it is big and heavy. I was missing a full set of SU! chalks for a while, found it in a stack of paper. It was flat and invisible there. I am the queen of "I can't find" so there are more, I'm sure.
Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2015, 03:58 AM   #29  
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,120 Likes on 503 Posts

I'm always losing see-through things in plain sight - usually Big Shot plates or clear stamp sets. And... there is a 1/4" hole punch that fell down behind my desk that I won't be able to rescue until we move. :(
Vincent Van Gogh

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2015, 05:04 AM   #30  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by diniView Post
I'm always losing see-through things in plain sight - usually Big Shot plates or clear stamp sets. And... there is a 1/4" hole punch that fell down behind my desk that I won't be able to rescue until we move. :(
Could you tie a magnet to a string and pull it up?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2015, 07:35 AM   #31  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The largest thing I ever lost on my table was the table.
I found it under a ton or two of paper and stamps and glue and ...you know

And I lost a cat on the table, she is a kind of invisible if she wants to, and I really didn't see her. Of course i ran through the whole house, screaming "BAAAABYYYY, BAAABYYYYY! Where are yoooouuu?!?"
She didn't answer, she just looked at me - as I finally found her - like I was insane.

What I do if i can't find what I am looking for: I take a picture of my table / my craftroom and look at it on the computer.
If I didn't lost my camera (what happend), I can find everything on the picture on my pc
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2015, 09:32 AM   #32  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

the W R Memory Keepers Envelope Punch Board!

$25 reward to the first person who finds it. My stamp room is pretty clean. Yet, it vanished. Doubt my husband stole it but I've looked everywhere and it is gone. ??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2015, 09:37 AM   #33  
Splitcoast Team Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Quote:

... I still can't come up with any other explanation than that I picked it up with the empty CD cases and through it in a trash bag :mad:. I promise I'll let you know if it shows up ;)
I cannot tell you how impressed I am that you actually threw the empty CD cases away. :shock: This shows maturity well, well beyond my hoarding years.

cool tool reviews from your Splitcoaststampers Product Focus Team
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2015, 09:37 AM   #34  

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan BView Post
the W R Memory Keepers Envelope Punch Board!

$25 reward to the first person who finds it. My stamp room is pretty clean. Yet, it vanished. Doubt my husband stole it but I've looked everywhere and it is gone. ??

OMGGG mine is gone too! And I just got done with a complete tear-out, bring stuff back remodel, so it's GONE.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2015, 09:41 AM   #35  
Splitcoast Team Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandBlueView Post
OMGGG mine is gone too! And I just got done with a complete tear-out, bring stuff back remodel, so it's GONE.
I bet it went home in one of those amazing $3 sack of goods!

cool tool reviews from your Splitcoaststampers Product Focus Team
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2015, 10:29 AM   #36  
Kookie Creator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for the enabling. I've ordered a set of colored cutting plates for my Big Shot.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2015, 10:33 AM   #37  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat in OhioView Post
Thanks for the enabling. I've ordered a set of colored cutting plates for my Big Shot.
My new plates arrived in the mail today, now why didn't I order the colored ones, grrrrr ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2015, 10:41 AM   #38  
Insane Embellisher

One day I brought home supplies from Hobby Lobby. A few days later I searched the house up and down for something I KNEW I bought. I could have torn my hair out.

I found the Hobby Lobby (white) bag hanging on the doorknob of my (white) craft room door. Some day I'm going to build a self-kicking machine.

Things go missing in my house all the time. My grandmother used to say "turn over a glass." Never understood that one! But stuff always turns up - eventually. I'm still hoping to spot that glue bottle lid.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2015, 10:52 AM   #39  

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamp_mommaView Post
I bet it went home in one of those amazing $3 sack of goods!

I've been wondering that! I wonder if I could force someone to confess!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2015, 11:15 AM   #40  
Mad Swapper

Understandblue, I have been known to shriek from the other room when I hear the cats in my craft room playing around! I've gotten to the point where I listen from my armchair for the sounds of items I have on my desk mid-project to see if they are hitting the floor ("That sounds like the tiny woodblock stamp, did I just hear the Gelli Roll pen?") LOL It's not pretty � I need to get doors on that room.
Reply With Quote Likes