Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Unread 02-11-2017, 06:20 PM   #81
Polyshrink Goddess

I lost my husband in the 10 mile park in our town. He turned up much later. One of us went off trail. The littlest thing I ever lost was hearing aides. Instead of putting them in their case I wrapped them in a plastic grocery sack. They got thrown out. That was a $7,000 mistake. After those experiences any little thing I lose now is just a minor annoyance and I don't even bother looking for it.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
lynnewithane, cardmaker2, jukie and 4 others like this post.
Unread 02-12-2017, 11:31 AM   #82
Stampin' Fool

Because of vision limitations I'm usually pretty careful about putting things where they belong, especially photopolymer stamps. I went to get my roll of Scotch packing tape yesterday and it wasn't in the place its been kept for over 30 years. I last used it when making glitter window cards at Christmas. So I thought maybe still in my craft room....nope! Spent over 3 hours looking for this not so small roll of tape in a red dispenser. Today I sat down to do some crafting, glanced to my right and there was the roll of tape!!! It wasn't there yesterday....LOL
pepperann, Brenda71, jeanne3579 and 2 others like this post.
Unread 02-12-2017, 11:56 AM   #83
Polyshrink Goddess

Crafting stuff has legs and hides and then reappears after you don't need it anymore. The bad part about reorganizing for easy access is that the places things resided for several years are the places I remember, not the new location. I may resort to making notes or taking pics on my phone. I try to rebrand my frequent searches crawling under things as a form of yoga instead of a frustrating time waster. It's also always fun to suddenly find those other things you gave up searching for weeks ago.
Unread 02-12-2017, 12:24 PM   #84
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryalena View Post
...I try to rebrand my frequent searches crawling under things as a form of yoga instead of a frustrating time waster...
LOL - I'll have to remember that one! (I do a LOT of frequent searching yoga.)

When things grow legs and wander off, I call it Gremlins. Those nasty little beasties have recently run off with my T-square ruler. I'm getting very close to giving up and ordering another one... which, of course, will be when it finally shows up.
Brenda71 and maryalena like this post.
Unread 02-12-2017, 01:51 PM   #85
Polyshrink Goddess

If the dog had thumbs I'd blame him. Got to be gremlins, or maybe really big ants.
lynnewithane, Brenda71, jukie and 1 others like this post.
Unread 02-14-2017, 09:30 AM   #86
Mad Swapper

I "loose" things in my craft room and house all the time, but like many of you, I usually end up finding them right in front of me. However, a couple months ago, I lost a stack of index cards that I had ideas for the cards I wanted to do next. Some I had collected from years ago and was anxious to try. I was cleaning up from the project I had just finished, and can almost remember myself slipping them behind a box or paper weight, so they wouldn't get in the way of my cleaning up. When it was time to create, I looked for my stack of ideas and couldn't find them anywhere---even checking behind cabinets, in every drawer, box and folder in my craft room. Still haven't found them, so figure I threw them out while cleaning. This is hard to believe as they were in a stack, not a couple single cards, but alas, they have not been found until this day. I'm guessing they are truly gone and irreplaceable. Such is life!

Have a truly amazing ring story, though. My brother in law lost his wedding ring---absolutely no idea where or when. My sister replaced it years laster for one of their anniversaries, and he wore that for years. They were having their septic tank drained to replace it, when the worker saw something sparkly at the bottom. Voila! It was his ring!!! I swear that's were mine ended up, as I lost it after a day of good house cleaning. Just thought it went down the toilet (cold water, you know) while I was scrubbing it. Unfortunately, the guy that sucked our septic tank was not as observant. It's been 45 years and we moved from there 3 years ago, so not a good ending for me on that lost item, either.
Unread 02-14-2017, 02:00 PM   #87
Embossing Fanatic

I love all these stories. I lost a favourite stamp an acrylic block. I was sure I'd thrown it the garbage and had my husband bring in the bag. I put on rubber gloves and went through it, but couldn't find them. Found them months later on top of another stamp set. But the best lost story is from my friend. She lost her passport two weeks before an overseas trip. She turned the house upside down and was frantic. She had to go and get a new rush/expensive passport. She did finally find her lost passport about two years later in the back of a kitchen drawer where it has slipped down behind the drawer.
Unread 02-14-2017, 03:03 PM   #88
Polyshrink Goddess

As the years go by I'm finding that more and more lost things never ever turn up. Not sure if this correlates with having a helpful husband who gathers up and takes things to the trash or just my hiding things incredibly well. The law of the lost though is that if you replace that thing, that is the thing that shows up soon after it's been replaced.
jeannemlehrman likes this post.
Unread 03-14-2017, 12:37 PM   #89
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriella18 View Post
I made a Mother's Day Card for my mom in April of 2012, a really nice one. Could not find it on Mother's Day, had to make a new one. Found card In August 2012.....needed a birthday card for her, so wrapped off the message that said Mother's Day and put on Happy Birthday. Put it on high shelf on left hand side of craftroom. Could not find it two days later for her birthday ....quick made another card. Now it is winter 2014 and we are painting my craftroom and DH is installing crown molding ...he has to move the furniture.....we find this pesky card had fallen off shelf and was not on the floor but the vellum had gotten stuck to the back seam of metal filing cabinet. Vellum was now damaged and Card was very dusty. I fixed Card and took off the thing that said Happy Birthday and Made card say Happy Mother's Day like it was supposed to. Took Card to living room to put some place safe for when I needed it. Could not find for Mother's Day of course I made a new card.......I found Card when getting ready for Christmas in Dec of 2014 and I picked it up and immediately drove to my parents house and handed her the card and we had a good laugh.
Oh this is so FUNNY! I laughed so hard when i read this "Gone Missing" story. I'm so glad your mother finally got her card, lol!
Brenda71, bencer99 and Rachelrose like this post.
Unread 03-14-2017, 01:23 PM   #90
Compulsive Stamper

I do have a story of my own to share about losing something. In a way it is craft related as I have a Cricut Explore and use my laptop to create some of my cards. Well, I was moving my laptop, which resides on an IKEA laptop table from the living room over to our "computer room" and the mouse fell off the little table top in my progress across the short span of about 10 feet. I wasn't worried about it and figured I'd pick it up once I got the laptop moved over and plugged in where I needed it to be. Well, after I got everything situated in the other room I backtracked the few feet to retrieve the mouse. I couldn't find it anywhere. There is only bare carpet in between the living room and the next room and I'm down on all fours searching for this little red mouse. It was not to be found. I couldn't believe that it had completely disappeared and knew it had to be there somewhere! I asked my hubby to come help me look. He came over and thought I was crazy to need him to help me look for the mouse on the carpet, but we both scoured the floor. No mouse. Now I'm getting a little upset. How on earth can that little mouse just disappear, when we both heard it fall?! I searched under the computer desk across the room, under the chair and bookcases knowing good and well that that mouse could NOT have possibly bounced that far in front of me without me noticing. I was so frustrated over not finding the mouse, that I just came back and sat in the living room. Hmmmm... where could that mouse have RUN off too? I decided I needed to have one more look. I went back over there and my teen son had a pair of snow boots that I had moved "out of the way" during my search. No way! I stuck my hand inside and sure enough, that mouse had crawled all the way up into the toe of one of those boots! And I had moved the boots over by the chair when I started my search to get them out of my way, LOL!
Unread 05-08-2017, 07:21 AM   #91
Matboard Maniac

The largest craft item I lost was my SU paper trimmer. Somehow, it got left behind when I moved from my old job. Luckily, the new manager saw it, recognized it for what it was and I got it back--about a month later and a month of her using it!

The largest 'regular' item I've lost is a large teddy bear that belonged to my Dad when he was a child (1930's--it was LARGE). Somehow, that bear just disappeared. To this day I can describe it in detail. I like to think he is off on an adventure somewhere.....

Brenda71 and jeanne3579 like this post.
Unread 05-09-2017, 01:43 AM   #92
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindylou1220 View Post
The biggest things in terms of dollars, not size, was one of the two party pop-up thinlits dies. It disappeared after a class and has yet to be seen again. Everyone had a chance to use it so I think what happened is that it stuck to someone's materials and got transported that way. The tape that Stampin' Up! uses to hold its dies to the cardboard is fierce. Of course, it was the die I liked best but several of my friends own it and have offered to let me use theirs.

I have a follow up to my post...I had a big stamping event this past weekend and was moving things from my storage area to go upstairs and into my car. I moved a case of water, which was likely placed there last fall after my last big event, and low and behold there was my missing framelit! The timing doesn't seem quite right and I don't understand how it attached itself to the water but, regardless, there it was!

Happy!
pepperann, Brenda71, Stampnnatter and 3 others like this post.
Unread 05-09-2017, 02:47 PM   #93
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindylou1220 View Post
I have a follow up to my post...I had a big stamping event this past weekend and was moving things from my storage area to go upstairs and into my car. I moved a case of water, which was likely placed there last fall after my last big event, and low and behold there was my missing framelit! The timing doesn't seem quite right and I don't understand how it attached itself to the water but, regardless, there it was!

Happy!
Hooray!!!
lindylou1220 likes this post.
Unread 05-10-2017, 03:23 AM   #94
Gallery Gazer

As Queen of I Can't Find, now I am on the hunt for something that is hard to lose. I wanted to use some foiled DSP from SU! Clearance Rack on some cards and I can't find two full packs of 12x12 paper. After looking everywhere, all I can do is sigh and blame it on a ghost or the cat.
Mary Beth
pepperann likes this post.
Unread 05-10-2017, 06:07 AM   #95
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by lutheran View Post
As Queen of I Can't Find, now I am on the hunt for something that is hard to lose. I wanted to use some foiled DSP from SU! Clearance Rack on some cards and I can't find two full packs of 12x12 paper. After looking everywhere, all I can do is sigh and blame it on a ghost or the cat.
Mary Beth
Mary Beth, could it be in a package that appears to be only cardboard used in SU DSP packaging? I almost threw away several packs of SU Red Foil that I thought was only cardboard but actually had the Red Foil between them. Some of their DSP comes packaged that way.
pepperann and PikkuLilla like this post.
Unread 05-13-2017, 03:58 AM   #96
Gallery Gazer

I lost a card that I had just finished the night before. It was for my mother's birthday and I had left it on my desk as I had glitter glue drying on it. The next morning, I went to my Craft Room to pick up the card as we were about to leave to visit my mother, and the card wasn't there. Looked on the floor thinking I had knocked it off but no, not there - looked everywhere & I thought I was going bananas because it just wasn't anywhere! Ended up grabbing a bought card as I had no other suitable handmade cards in my stash Looked again after we got home from my mother's but nope, not there. I thought it would probably turn up if I stopped looking but it didn't - until a couple of years later. I was looking for some cardstock in my Cropper Hopper file (which stores 12 x 12 cardstock) and the card was inbetween some cardstock. And it was my most-used file of cardstock so I can't fathom why I hadn't noticed it in there before. I guess the only positive was the card was surprisingly undamaged and I gave it to my mother for her next birthday
lynnewithane, jeanne3579 and PikkuLilla like this post.
Unread 05-18-2017, 05:31 PM   #97
Glitter Queen

I made a wedding card for my niece and her husband, wrote a check to them, sealed envelope and dropped it in the card box at the reception. About 6 weeks later, the check still had not cleared my account. I finally asked my sister, the bride's mom, if she knew if the newlyweds had deposited their wedding money. She was embarrassed to tell me that the bride wondered if a check was supposed to be in the card. That might sound rude, but my niece and I are really close. I was one of the few from my family that attended their destination wedding. Of course there was a check enclosed! I promptly wrote a new check and wondered what happened to the original. About 2 months later I opened a drawer in my stamping desk and what do I find? The missing check. I must have written it when I was done making the card and it got caught up in some supplies.
Unread 08-25-2017, 12:34 PM   #98
Matboard Maniac

Oh my gosh I couldn't wait to share this with my fellow SCS'ers.... I posted a story earlier in this thread about my starfish stamp that had gone MIA quite some ago and was found when I moved last October. I tucked it somewhere I would never forget - and of course never saw it again. It's been almost a year since then, AND I FOUND IT YESTERDAY! Turns out I've grieved the loss of this stamp twice in my life for no reason. It's like this little starfish stamp was meant to be in my life!
cardmaker2, jukie and hultenlk like this post.
Unread 08-25-2017, 12:45 PM   #99
Mad Swapper

I'm doing a happy dance for you, as I can imagine you joy!
Unread 08-25-2017, 01:31 PM   #100
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine773 View Post
Oh my gosh I couldn't wait to share this with my fellow SCS'ers.... I posted a story earlier in this thread about my starfish stamp that had gone MIA quite some ago and was found when I moved last October. I tucked it somewhere I would never forget - and of course never saw it again. It's been almost a year since then, AND I FOUND IT YESTERDAY! Turns out I've grieved the loss of this stamp twice in my life for no reason. It's like this little starfish stamp was meant to be in my life!
So where did you find it??

"The quickest way for a parent to get a child's attention is to sit down and look comfortable.

Practice safe eating - always use condiments.
Unread 08-25-2017, 01:37 PM   #101
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine773 View Post
and where will you keep it now so that it can't hide from you for another year?
Unread 08-26-2017, 10:00 PM   #102
Polyshrink Goddess

Advice if you lose a stud earring. Go to the jewelry store and replace it immediately. If you wait, your loved one will surprise you at Christmas with a new pair of studs but the diamonds will be smaller.
pepperann likes this post.
Unread 08-27-2017, 06:12 AM   #103
Polyshrink Goddess

Re: Diamond Studs

It's not funny but it made me LOL! Ask me how I know, but I didn't get any new ones at all.
Unread 08-27-2017, 03:16 PM   #104
Matboard Maniac

I wish I could say I found the starfish stamp somewhere very shocking or somewhere you would never think! But it was in plain sight for almost 12 months! It was mixed in with my adhesive refills! I don't know how I haven't seen it until now. I grab my adhesives all the time. The only thing I can think is because I make cards in bulk, it's like I'm on auto pilot. I grab adhesives without even thinking about it and have them so easily accessible that I don't need to look for them or dig around for them. I don't know, I almost think I need to get my eyes checked! lol.
Unread 08-28-2017, 07:55 PM   #105
Matboard Maniac

I sat down to stamp this weekend and could not find my container of clear stamping blocks. I've packed up/set up my craft room twice in the last few months/weeks (moved in the spring and recently had out of state visitors for 2 weeks). I've put them up somewhere but our place is small and pretty organized so I'm mystified. I had to order stamping blocks! Can you believe that? Ugh, thought they'd show up after I ordered but no luck so far.
Unread 08-29-2017, 05:34 AM   #106
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitter Gypsy View Post
I sat down to stamp this weekend and could not find my container of clear stamping blocks. I've packed up/set up my craft room twice in the last few months/weeks (moved in the spring and recently had out of state visitors for 2 weeks). I've put them up somewhere but our place is small and pretty organized so I'm mystified. I had to order stamping blocks! Can you believe that? Ugh, thought they'd show up after I ordered but no luck so far.
Crazy! We've all been there.