Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-14-2015, 10:37 AM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What type of Stamps do you hoard?

I recently reorganized my stamps using a similar style as Jennifer McGuire (I love it!) but instead of organizing it by brand like she does, I organized it by category based on what the majority of the set is about. This allowed me to see what categories I have too many in and what categories I need to work on. I was wondering what category of stamps you hoard and what category you need more of?

I have a ton of christmas themed stamps, I just love them, I also probably have a tie with sentiment stamps.

But I noticed I was lacking in birthday stamps.
Attached Thumbnails
What type of Stamps do you hoard?-img_2786.jpg  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2015, 11:23 AM   #2  
Kookie Creator

I also use Jennifer McGuire's method of organizing my clear stamps. Those I organize by company as I have a tendency to make duplicate purchases. I do have one big category for the clear word/phrase only stamp sets combining different companies. My cling stamps are in Stampendous Stuff-tainers and are sorted by both company and type. I still have a lot of wood mounted stamps and those are all on open shelves by theme not company. I mostly hoard decorative graphic style stamps for making backgrounds and collage/journaling in both full size and "itty bitties". I have some of those type of stamps that are nearly 30 years old. I think I am pretty short on masculine specific stamps. I also accumulate a lot of Christmas stamps although there was a shortage of "must haves" for me this year. This is one category that I thin out every couple of years.

my blog: www.stamptart.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2015, 12:52 PM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

Snowflakes. For some reason I can't part with any of my snowflake sets, and I always find new ones to drool over (or eventually BUY) every year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2015, 12:59 PM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My first thought was: the kind you use with some kind of ink and usually paper. :-P I don't appear to discriminate too much. It would probably be a broad category like "images to color". That is the tag that I used the most anyways (in the Evernote catalog thing I'm using to organize my stamps)!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2015, 01:16 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

Quirky! Stampotique, old /Stampin'Up! sets like Knobbly Gnomes, Rhyme Time... Not that I have a ton of them, but pretty much ALL of my other stamps rotate in and out of favor, and these are the few that will always, always make the cut when I'm purging. I do seem to have quite a few Halloween stamps, though...

Holes in the collection that I need to fill are some Christmas images that would work well on small tags (I have some, but would like a few more) and some images/sentiments for tween/teen boys.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2015, 01:27 PM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzgurlView Post
Quirky! Stampotique, old /Stampin'Up! sets like Knobbly Gnomes, Rhyme Time... Not that I have a ton of them, but pretty much ALL of my other stamps rotate in and out of favor, and these are the few that will always, always make the cut when I'm purging. I do seem to have quite a few Halloween stamps, though...

Holes in the collection that I need to fill are some Christmas images that would work well on small tags (I have some, but would like a few more) and some images/sentiments for tween/teen boys.
That's the one! I made a small tag last week and I need a small To/From stamp. I used a large one that I had to cut apart to make it fit and I'm not super fond of the font. I don't have a lot of Christmas stamps, now that I think about it, but that's more of a conscious decision NOT to buy them because I don't feel they're worth it for me. I replace them with snowmen stamps - in case the cards don't make it out before Christmas! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2015, 01:50 PM   #7  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobbyView Post
Snowflakes. For some reason I can't part with any of my snowflake sets, and I always find new ones to drool over (or eventually BUY) every year.
I have sooo many snowflakes in with my christmas stamps, they are definitely my weakness too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2015, 02:29 PM   #8  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

I like a very wide range of both mfgs and subjects. I am fussy so I like this or that little girl, but not ALL little girls kind of thing.

The only brand I can say I have been aggressively hunting are Stamps Happen-closed company over on ebay. Again, I dont like it all but I do like a couple of the artists a lot.

I need more grandparents-alone or with kids. More Judiaca-that is really an uphill for me. Otherwise I am pretty good really. That's need. Now what I want...well that's a whole other animal lol. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2015, 02:56 PM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 662 Likes on 416 Posts

see, when I read the word hoard to me that means you collect it and you don't use it... and I think of my stamps as tools not something to be hoarded...
so, because of that I would say none.

but, I do collect many many styles and types. the biggest thing I have is sentiments I would guess. followed by botanical images although the last few years people images have been gaining ground.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2015, 03:19 PM   #10  
Die Cut Diva

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't have a ton of stamps, but in looking through my stamp index the thing that pops out is Vintage. I am drawn to anything that reminds me of the early to mid 1900s.

If I had to choose one category that I have most of, it would be Sentiments (about 35) and flowers/trees/foliage (about 25). And still, when looking through those for a stamp, I rarely find the "perfect" stamp for a project.

Stamps I hope to get in 2016 include cars (Model A to 70s classics); a modern kitchen mixer; a 50s style stove and maybe six or eight Stampscapes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2015, 04:48 PM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

Sentiments. However, it seems like I use the same set all the time!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2015, 06:39 PM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts

I have 25+ years of stamps and the type I have the most of are Christmas stamps, especially Whipper Snapper snowmen - I love them and use several every year and have a very hard time resisting new ones! I have very few masculine stamps and usually use a large birthday sentiment with masculine paper like Graphic 45 A Proper Gentleman and several old Paper Loft lines that I've been hoarding and finally used this year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2015, 04:16 AM   #13  
Mad Swapper

Animals Hands Down!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2015, 11:23 AM   #14  
Hardware Hotshot

I have stored sets by themes for years. I seem to have tons of flowers even though I always thought I wasn't a flower lover!!!

I have lots of fall/Halloween too

I'm not in need of any category except masculine. I can get by with what I have since I don't make many guy cards.

Last edited by Allistamps123; 11-15-2015 at 11:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2015, 12:20 PM   #15  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,912 Likes on 2,181 Posts

I have lots of Christmas stamps. I need large sentiments and images to color
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2015, 06:14 PM   #16  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

I recently finished a re-indexing of my stamps and I was pretty brutal with getting rid of multiples. I don't keep my stamps in sets unless they absolutely must be store together and I store by categories. I found that had oodles (50+) of things like hearts, tiny daisy like flowers, and other filler stamps. I had over 100 Happy Birthday &5+ Thinking of You. I wasn't hoarding I just never really paid attention to see how similar they were. In the purge I only kept the ones that were different sizes and completely different styles. With that said, I do hoard my snarky sayings. I can't help it - I love them and I couldn't part with them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2015, 06:55 PM   #17  
Gallery Gazer

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

I love my snowman stamps - mainly SU ones - and I couldn't part with them. It may seem odd to my fellow Australians because it is summer here at Christmas and it never snows where I live anyway. Some of them are really old but they just don't seem to 'date'. Also love alien and monster stamps. I also have alot of Christmas stamps in general which was my whole reason for starting my cardmaking journey

It never ceases to amaze me how often I need a sentiment of a certain size for the front of my card but can't find one in my stash - it's always too BIG or too small or too l-o-n-g or too short...:rolleyes: I could do with a few more really large Christmas sentiments too that fill the front of a card. I also have very few background stamps and would love some of the Impression Obsession Cover-a-card background stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2015, 04:19 PM   #18  
Insane Embellisher

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Since I've only been "collecting" for a couple of years and buying most of my stamps one at a time, when I organize them I find there are more trees and flowers. I have quite a few Christmas stamps which I just looked through and realized I had forgotten about most of them.

Lately I've been getting pickier when finding single stamps at the thrift stores. The most recent stamp I bought is one with a little girl standing by an easy chair piled high with bowls of all kinds. It says, "Life is just a chair of bowlies!" I really love those kinds of sentiments.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2015, 01:37 PM   #19  
Glitter Guru

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Background stamps. I love patterns. Since I make a lot of my own DP, it makes sense, but I think my collection of background stamps has now reached a point where it's kind of hilarious and might indicate a fixation. Which won't stop me buying more.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2015, 08:54 AM   #20  
Matboard Maniac

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think I tie between Christmas and Halloween. I love them both - all different companies and styles. I can't seem to give them up when I purge. I also LOVE PSX stamps. I hoard those too....lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2015, 10:54 AM   #21  
Crimping Master

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

I seem to be drawn to flourishes, swirls, art nouveau-y type things. I have a lot of variety of stamps, but those are my fave
Reply With Quote Likes