Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-15-2012, 08:31 AM   #41
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm going to take a leap and say art deco as inspiration for current trends, but not a literal flapper representation though it will go there especially with the Diesel Punk. Chevrons, Feathers, Peacock feathers, Geographic shapes.

I have decided I need some gear stamps, not because of trends though but for cards for my eldest who is studying to be an engineer.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-21-2012, 06:10 PM   #42
Pearl-ExPert

Subbing, cuz i'm in the same boat...haven't crafted for a year or more, really...had a baby, then bought a house, moved...didn't leave time for much papercrafting, unfortunately. But now the craft room is unpacked and pretty much ready to go...and i have no idea where to start!

What the heck is Washi tape? I'm going to go check that out.

I have to also sit down with my SU catalog and REALLY look at it (now that Miss Maylen is in bed!) and check out the colors everyone keeps mentioning...

Christmas? Oh geez, i need to tackle the style of Fall first...and Halloween! I'm so excited to make Halloween goodies!

The one thing i saw at Michaels that intrigued me was this little roller that you could make holes in the paper to sew in. That looked like something i could use cuz i tried to sew on cardstock on my machine once and got nothing but frustrated. LOL. Has anyone used this? Does it work? Is it still "cool" to sew on your cards?

Now, off to find that SU Catalog!

Yep, me and Nutswithtwins are BFF's. :)
Old 07-22-2012, 04:29 AM   #43
Pearl-ExPert

I think that is the Sew Easy you were looking at. I think it's neat. I have all these tracing wheels I have collected over the years in similar styles. I am using those. I got all my tracing wheels in bags of sewing supplies you find at garage sales or thrift stores. I paid about a penny for them.

I know a lot of people are addicted to their Sew Easy wheels. They have lots of styles. I bet you could find You Tube videos.

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams