Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-17-2009, 09:39 PM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Wedding question

Ok, I am married but we sorta eloped, so I have no clue about the whole wedding and invitations and colors, ect.

I assumed that when we get wedding invitations, the colors of the invite are the wedding colors and I make a card with those same colors. However, we received a wedding invite that is brown, black, and creme and has a background that reminds me of the Baroque Motifs stamp set. So am I right that these are likely the colors for the wedding? :confused:Should I use these colors in my card? Or does it really matter and I should make whatever I feel like making? I do not know the bride or groom well enough to ask them, and well, I do feel a bit silly even asking you all. :oops:

My Gallery
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2009, 09:44 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimandbeth1View Post
Ok, I am married but we sorta eloped, so I have no clue about the whole wedding and invitations and colors, ect.

I assumed that when we get wedding invitations, the colors of the invite are the wedding colors and I make a card with those same colors. However, we received a wedding invite that is brown, black, and creme and has a background that reminds me of the Baroque Motifs stamp set. So am I right that these are likely the colors for the wedding? :confused:Should I use these colors in my card? Or does it really matter and I should make whatever I feel like making? I do not know the bride or groom well enough to ask them, and well, I do feel a bit silly even asking you all. :oops:
I don't think I've ever considered making a wedding card based on what the colors of the invite are that are yes, usually what their wedding colors are. Sure if you have the perfect paper or stamps to go with their theme, it might be nice because they would probably really like it, but they would probably also really like just that you handmade them a card - so I would do whatever you feel... ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2009, 09:59 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

i have never made a wedding card for someone in THEIR colors, i always just used whatever...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2009, 10:21 PM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

IF you can find out the wedding colors, it is nice to coordinate your card. Otherwise you can get your inspiration from the invitation or from your gift or from your stamping muse.
The last one I did was based on the invitation (all white and cream and I bugged and pearled it up) My DH was clueless about the colors, so I just picked colors I thought "went"
It was apparently well received. (Somebody thought I cut up the invitation to make the card)

Betsy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2009, 01:36 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

back in the olden days, the wedding invitation bore no relationship to the wedding colors. The traditional invite was creme with black engraving. I still have the copper plate with the engraving on it!

And gasp, I don't think I had wedding colors!!

So, while you could make a card in those colors, you could also just make something you love!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2009, 02:14 AM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,053 Likes on 812 Posts

Oh, I think definitely you just make what you feel like making. Yes, I'd tend to assume that the colours on the invitation were most likely colours that they were using to coordinate with the rest of the wedding ensemble, but I'd just go for making a card I enjoyed making. Only once have I ever based one on the invitation.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2009, 03:00 AM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

Their colors might be brown, black, and creme or they might have just seen the invitation in a sample album and liked it the way it had been designed. Our wedding colors were white, silver, and a mid-tone blue, but our invitations were black and white. You never know. I would just make a card using any color scheme that inspired me on the day I sat down to craft.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2009, 04:02 AM   #8  
Mad Swapper

Joan - I go crazy over engraved cards. That's one of things I'd love to do someday.

Anyway, regarding the colors - it's possible those are her colors. If not, they are colors she must like! So while you can make the card in whatever you want, it might be fun and touching for the bride to receive a wedding card made to reflect the colors in the invitation. Just a thought.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2009, 12:18 PM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

I often take my cue from the invitation too - this is the last one I did http://krikeykreations.blogspot.com/...ding-card.html.

I think if something inspires you from their invite then go for it - its obviously something they like or they wouldn't have selected it or sent it out. However, if nothing inspires you from it find something else.

The theme to most marriages is love... so hearts, roses, rings etc. - embossing always looks nice.
Reply With Quote Likes