Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree187Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 07:03 AM   #1001
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylacfey View Post
jeanne- I love your "mixing potions" phrase. I am stealing it. ! It really made me giggle. I really don't try to be frugal in life I just like mixing up things and seeing what happens, lol. I really love to mix up concoctions in my home. Yes, I was always in trouble during science class.
The phrase is yours! Mixing things up to see what happens, is how great discoveries are made. As a teacher, you would have been my favorite---I liked the kids that marched to their own drummer. They weren't always the ones all teachers liked, though. Never stop experimenting and learning!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-06-2013, 03:46 AM   #1002
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanne3579 View Post
The phrase is yours! Mixing things up to see what happens, is how great discoveries are made. As a teacher, you would have been my favorite---I liked the kids that marched to their own drummer. They weren't always the ones all teachers liked, though. Never stop experimenting and learning!!!
Thank you so much! I can't even begin to tell you how much that touched me. My family is very artsy and musical. Mixing things up was not something that was nurtured. I had a great science teacher tell me one time I would make a wonderful scientist. I thought he was just being nice. His words always stuck with me. My best friend is a physicist. When we graduated from high school and my little clique was discussing what we would do with our adult lives. My best friend said that him & I were going into science. Science? Me? I was going into music.

Imagine my surprise when I went into science, lol. My minor was art. I am still an artist. I actually work two freelance jobs as an artist. All my money goes back for my science work. I went into weather research.

My great science teacher. One of my friends told him I went into weather research. He was so proud of me and actually got tears in his eyes.

Teachers like you & him are the best. I was always in trouble at school with other teachers for mixing up things, lol.

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
Old 01-06-2013, 07:33 AM   #1003
Crimping Master

Good for you, DeeAnn for following your heart!
Old 01-07-2013, 02:27 AM   #1004
Insane Embellisher

DeeAnn...yeah, ditto what Jeanne said!
Old 01-12-2013, 06:33 PM   #1005
Mad Swapper

Some of those large white gift boxes that my husband and son wasn't too careful about opening this Christmas season yielded some nice flat stamping surfaces. I also eyed the wrapping paper that my mother-in-law used and I may be able to cut out some vintage looking Santa's from it. Little did my mother and in-laws know they were gifting me crafting supplies as well! *smile* Our son was very nice to his mama this year -- he gave me a Michael's gift card inserted into a black felt bag labeled "COAL." I'm trying to think where best I may use that little bag in my studio -- what goodies can be stored in it?

Homemade Dye Spray, Craftin' Bliss: Homemade Dye Spray

Organization Studio Tip: Baskets made from Cardboard Boxes, Necessity is the mother of invention, as my mom used to say. I couldn'… :: Hometalk

Even if you don’t do family history or heritage scrapbooking, here’s a source for FREE printable ledger sheets that you can use for your card backgrounds. You can print them off on parchment colored paper, then ink or burn edges to make it look old. Family History Forms | mymcpl.org - Mid-Continent Public Library
Old 01-13-2013, 09:10 AM   #1006
Crimping Master

subbing
Old 01-13-2013, 01:02 PM   #1007
Compulsive Stamper

subbing
Old 01-20-2013, 12:27 AM   #1008
Insane Embellisher

subbing
Old 01-20-2013, 03:33 AM   #1009
Pearl-ExPert

I saw a YouTube video yesterday with the greatest tip. The artist mixes her Stampin Up reinkers with white acrylic paint for her custom paint palette.

Old 01-30-2013, 02:41 PM   #1010
Cardstock Collector

subbing
Old 01-31-2013, 10:04 PM   #1011
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldumont999 View Post
I've super thin sliced corks for texture, I've used the pop top portion of cans for a belt buckle on santa hershey bar wraps, and I've even pulled the wire top out of an old calendar to repurpose as flower stems & leaves on a card.
Do you have any pics of the soda pop tabs on the hershey bar wraps. Sounds like a good idea.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:17 PM   #1012
Mad Swapper

A while back I asked everyone to transcribe or write out the information or names listed in your used scraps or books purchased at garage sales or flea markets before using them in your art. I'm sorry if this offends some of you, but I'm stating my opinion, because as I said before, I have nothing personal handed down from my 3rd great-grandfather whom I am researching and would dearly love to have, so the next best thing is collecting all the documentation I can find on his life from other sources such as census records, tax records, old newspaper clippings, eyewitness accounts from diaries or journals (published & unpublished) & letters, newspaper articles, land records, a copy of his will at the county courthouse (if it wasn't burned during the Civil War), military records, etc. He lived before birth and death records were required by the government, so I only have his tombstone to verify his birth and death dates. I might have had Bible records also, IF, they had been passed onto me. And I'm also looking for a photograph or drawing of him, as I have no idea what he looks like, but so far no such luck. If you can't understand why I would go to such lengths to document his life, he was important, in his own small way, to American history. Think of it this way, ancestor research is like a two games -- a scavenger hunt and a jigsaw puzzle all rolled into one. You search for the pieces of the puzzle and fit them into place, one piece at a time.
Sometime ago, I purchased a packet of Vintage Valentines at a flea market to use as old-fashioned illustrations in a photo scrapbook, but before I put them into my book, I wanted to capture the names and locations from the back of them before they were lost and sent them to the President of Missouri's Genealogy Association. She thought it a worthy project, sent them to the newsletter and they have been published recently, along with a scan of the cards. There is also another article, called "Philatelic Genealogy" along with photos of envelopes in the Journal -- the author researched the people in the return addresses through census records and city directories to verify that these people truly existed. Everytime you make a card and send it, you are documenting your existence, esp. if your sendee keeps it. Perhaps one day, your decendant will run across your card and use it to verify you existed.
Below is a copy of the newsletter the Vintage Valentine card names were published in and if you want to see a scan of the Valentines, see my blog

Last edited by Rush'd Lady; 02-13-2013 at 05:30 PM..
Old 02-13-2013, 05:25 PM   #1013
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylacfey View Post
I saw a YouTube video yesterday with the greatest tip. The artist mixes her Stampin Up reinkers with white acrylic paint for her custom paint palette.
Do they mix together well? There isn't any curdling
Old 02-13-2013, 10:00 PM   #1014
Pearl-ExPert

I haven't tried mixing acrylic paint and reinkers together yet. I have two professional projects I am working on right now that are taking all my time. My two projects are tons of fun. I am going to do some fun crafting soon. I do miss playing.

Old 02-17-2013, 01:46 PM   #1015
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush'd Lady View Post
Our son was very nice to his mama this year -- he gave me a Michael's gift card inserted into a black felt bag labeled "COAL." I'm trying to think where best I may use that little bag in my studio -- what goodies can be stored in it?
Why, stash your chocolate supply in it, of course! Although on second thought, the coal gift bags I've seen are way too small.
Dea
Old 03-21-2013, 04:21 PM   #1016
Mad Swapper

Chocolate kisses sound yummy! Thanks for the idea!

I was reading Webster's Biographical Dictionary the other day and ran across this tidbit of information = 1851 = Warren de la Rue (1815-1889) invented an envelope-making machine. If you get in a envelope making mode, do you have a die or template to make them with and make them assembly line style? What paper do you make them from? Are you a simple envelop maker or go fancy with a lined envelope? What do you use to "glue" them together with? Or do you just make the card to fit standard sized envelopes that you purchase? I know you can get really creative with a card, but just how creative can one get with an envelope, really?
The author of the Philatelic Genealogy article that I mentioned above said and I quote: "an old envelope can help us imagine our ancestor at work. This article presents six envelopes sent by Missouri farmers and agricultural product sellers between 1886 and 1918. The sender and recipient of each envelope are identified in a US census or city directory, if possible. The pictures on these envelopes add detail and an image of occupations shown simply in the census or directory as farmer or merchant. As with any source of genealogical information, old envelopes must be studied in combination with other sources before reaching a conclusion." And "this article shows how old envelopes illustrate our ancestor's life at work. Postal historians refer to these envelopes as advertising covers, and published references show hundreds of other examples. In addition to life at work, old envelopes and postcards can also reveal an immigrants home village, military service details, social and political interests, and even family photographs in the form of real photo postcards."
So what does that say about us the card makers? We take care to design our cards really well, but what do the envelopes tell about us? Or our recipent? Do you know if any of your recipents also keep the envelopes they receive from you?
Basic stuff on an envelope = return address, recipent's address, postmark, & stamp. Now what do you do to jazz it up? What would you want your descendants to know about you? Do you coordinate your card and envelope by matching the stamps?

And what you do with the envelopes you receive, particularly the junk mail variety -- let's see, sometimes I cut out my address, particularly if it's correct and reuse it as a return address "sticker" (save them in a used pill bottle or candy tin), security envelope paper gets reused in iris folded cards or as background paper, or could shred for homemade paper or I toss in the paper recycle bin if I get too much of a good thing. Anybody got an idea for the transparent plastic window in the envelope?

Last edited by Rush'd Lady; 03-21-2013 at 04:25 PM..
Old 03-21-2013, 05:34 PM   #1017
Watercolor Wizard

Rush'd Lady,

It's timely you would bring up envelope making. There is a huge ongoing thread in the Tool and Product forum on a new tool by WeR Memory Keepers called the Envelope Punch.

This first version released had some problems - not with the punch, it works great, but with the measurements they provided with it. They've corrected that and are sending stickers to those with incorrect measurements.

Anyway, I got one, and love, love it. I've made envelopes with the Martha Stewart Scoreboard, and with other methods, but this new little gadget makes it sooooo easy.

I use the patterned paper in those big stack packs that we all have accumulated. I've already used the papers that are cardworthy, and now I am using up all the rest making envelopes. I put the pattern on the inside and the white outside. Check out the thread about it.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Old 03-22-2013, 02:19 AM   #1018
Gallery Gazer

I generally make my cards to a standard C6 envelope but when I make cards that are 'abnormal' size I make envies to fit. Sometimes a jazz up a standard by either stamping on the front or paper lining the flap at the back .... depends on my mood and who the card/envelope is for. I do have a create a lope but often wing my hand made envelope sizes.

I have made envelopes from the kids kindy paintings when they were little for the grand parents birthday cards
Old 03-22-2013, 02:46 AM   #1019
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggainok View Post
Rush'd Lady,

It's timely you would bring up envelope making. There is a huge ongoing thread in the Tool and Product forum on a new tool by WeR Memory Keepers called the Envelope Punch.
I am drooling over that too! I currently make mine with my scor-pal and triangle. I am waiting my one of my local big box store to stock it so I can us a coupon
Old 03-22-2013, 10:37 PM   #1020
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggainok View Post
Rush'd Lady,

This first version released had some problems - not with the punch, it works great, but with the measurements they provided with it. They've corrected that and are sending stickers to those with incorrect measurements.
Does this mean the ones hitting store now are the corrected ones?
Old 03-23-2013, 09:32 AM   #1021
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeCraft View Post
Does this mean the ones hitting store now are the corrected ones?
Diane, I haven't seen the Envelope Punch in any of the stores yet, so I don't know which ones they have. If they do get them in, they might be the original ones, or maybe the next batch. You can ask the store which ones they have.

Or, you can look at the measuring chart on the punch to see which measurements it has. WeR Memory Keepers posted a note on Facebook with the info on how to tell if the Punch has the new measurements, or how to get a corrected sticker if you get an older one:

"We have an updated Envelope Punch Board Sticker to adhere over the current measurement sizes.
***Take a look at the 3x3" Envelope Size on the Punch Board. The original measurements for that size will be 5 3/8” x 5 3/8” with a 2 ¾” score line. If that’s the size listed for the 3x3” Envelope Size, then please email us for a replacement sticker. ***
Please email us at customerservice@weronthenet.com
Include ‘Envelope Punch Board Sticker’ in the subject line and your mailing address in the body of the email."

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Old 03-26-2013, 05:22 PM   #1022
Mad Swapper

I haven't seen the envelope punch or thread so will have to go look. I have the original plastic SU templates to make envies that someone gave me, but they haven't been used much as I try to make my cards to match the pre-made ones I purchase either at Walmart or our local liquidation store when they have them in stock. In the city is a manufacturing plant called Tension Envelopes, so . . .

So my point was in the article above, is do you decorate them? I see that Lindsay's has decorated the envelope of her current baby card (see her blog).

Have any of you seen the new Gelli printmaking kits? It's a silicone based gel pad for paint backgrounds. A girlfriend bought one and then told me I could make one out of clear gelatin. Well, my noggin got to twitching and I remembered that my late grandmother gave me some Sunday School craft books from the 1960s and I ran for my bookcase. Here's what they used to be called, along with a recipe, so you can make do and print on your own gelatin pad.

HECTOGRAPH
A hectograph is a specially prepared gelatin surface for duplicating material. You can make your own quickly and inexpensively. Prepare the base as follows:
1 pt. pure glycerin
2 boxes gelatin (8 envelopes)
Enough cold water to moisten gelatin.
Heat glycerin over low flame to boiling point.
Moisten gelatin with cold water. Be sure it is thoroughly soaked. When glycerin boils, add gelatin slowly, stirring until dissolved. Pour mixture into a pan approximately 12" x 9" x 1". Mixture should be about 1/2" thick.
Allow hectograph filler to set while you trace patterns to be duplicated on hard surface paper with a hectograph pencil or type material with a hectograph ribbon or use hectograph carbon paper. (You can make up to 50 usuable copies with the hectograph carbon paper.)
When gelatin filler is thoroughly set, moisten surface slightly and apply copy to be duplicated. Apply paper to gelatin so there are no wrinkles. Smooth paper and remove. Design will be duplicated. To clean hectograph, carefully sponge off with cold water.

I have no idea where one might find a hectograph pencil, ribbon, or carbon paper, since I'm just copying the recipe in Grandma's book!

For updated directions, visit Linda Germain's blog Printmaking without a Press or these other sites:
Flickr: Gelatin Printmaking
https://www.facebook.com/GelatinPrintmaking

Last edited by Rush'd Lady; 03-26-2013 at 05:27 PM..
Old 03-26-2013, 05:43 PM   #1023
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsaymay View Post
I am drooling over that too! I currently make mine with my scor-pal and triangle. I am waiting my one of my local big box store to stock it so I can us a coupon
Read the fine print, Lindsay, on that coupon!

I get Joann's coupons in the mail among other store coupons. I try to make do when I can such as buying dies to make as many tidbits I can to use on my paper art, however, just recently, not having any extra moula lying around since Christmas, I waited until I received what I thought was a really good deal and I went there to purchase a Tim Holtz number and alphabet die that I've had my eye on for some time, along with the long Cuddlebug plates that were 40% off that week. Got up to the register and guess what? I couldn't use my coupon for the die according to the fine print on the coupon. I get kicked down for not reading the fine print and had to walk away from that die I had my hot little hands on. Sigh! All is not lost however, I did buy the Cuddlebug plates. Now I can go over to Michaels and buy that long Sizzix scrapbook die I saw back in the clearance bins. Hope it's still there. fficeffice" />>>[/FONT][/SIZE]
What I want to know is what's the point of a coupon if you can't purchase the big stuff one can't readily afford without the help of a coupon anyway? Here's the fine print I missed on the bottom of the coupon. >>
>>
"Limit one coupon per regular-priced item. Cannot be combined with any other discount or coupon. Reproductions not accepted. Must be surrendered at time of transaction. Offer excludes previous purchases, purchase of gift cards, classes, custom services, BUY-GET-SAVE offers; all patterns; irons, AccuQuilt Go! Products, sewing machines & sewing machine department merchandise, Simplicity machines, Slice Fabrique, all papercrafting machines, cartridges & dies, all fine-art canvas, all American Greetings products." >>
>>
When the cashier read the coupon and said I couldn't use it on the die, she said that there was going to be a sale on the die in the next couple of weeks, but here's the fine print below the coupons -- >>
>>
Quantities limited to stock on hand. No rain checks."[/I] >>[/FONT][/SIZE]
>>
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=black][FONT=Times New Roman]So I'm screwed if I go back and the die isn't there because someone bought that one on sale. And here I was trying to be frugal all round by getting a die and trying to use a coupon.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:22 PM   #1024
Gallery Gazer

I generally make my cards to a standard C6 envelope but when I make cards that are 'abnormal' size I make envies to fit.

I sometimes jazz up a standard envelope by either stamping on the front or paper lining the flap at the back .... depends on my mood and who the card/envelope is for. I do have a create a lope but often wing my hand made envelope sizes.

I have made envelopes from the kids kindy paintings when they were little for the grand parents birthday cards
Old 03-27-2013, 02:31 AM   #1025
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush'd Lady View Post
Read the fine print, Lindsay, on that coupon!

I get Joann's coupons in the mail among other store coupons. I try to make do when I can such as buying dies to make as many tidbits I can to use on my paper art, however, just recently, not having any extra moula lying around since Christmas, I waited until I received what I thought was a really good deal and I went there to purchase a Tim Holtz number and alphabet die that I've had my eye on for some time, along with the long Cuddlebug plates that were 40% off that week. Got up to the register and guess what? I couldn't use my coupon for the die according to the fine print on the coupon.
That's a bummer, I know you cannot use them on sale items but I know I have used them on dies before. I do not think that the envelope maker isa machine, it is a tool so if Jos gets them I will try a coupon I've ever had problems with their coupons and they let me use my flyer and the ones I print off the computer in the same transaction, during coupon commotion they let me use 11 at once! If they are out of stock in store when the sale comes try online, they have such a nice selection online
Old 03-27-2013, 06:52 AM   #1026
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsaymay View Post
That's a bummer, I know you cannot use them on sale items but I know I have used them on dies before. I do not think that the envelope maker isa machine, it is a tool so if Jos gets them I will try a coupon I've ever had problems with their coupons and they let me use my flyer and the ones I print off the computer in the same transaction, during coupon commotion they let me use 11 at once! If they are out of stock in store when the sale comes try online, they have such a nice selection online
This is good advice, Lindsay. I have found this to be true also and love the fact that I can use more than one coupon at Jo's, theirs as well al Mike's, at the same time.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:01 AM   #1027
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanne3579 View Post
This is good advice, Lindsay. I have found this to be true also and love the fact that I can use more than one coupon at Jo's, theirs as well al Mike's, at the same time.
Not sure who mentioned it before that Joann's will let us use their 40%/50% off coupon and then also accept the competitors' coupon. Anyway, I tried it and they let me. Then next time I tried to use them the guy said no I couldn't. In fact he almost didn't let me use Joann's 40% off coupon and their 25% off regular/sale prices at the same time.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:23 AM   #1028
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamper for fun View Post
Not sure who mentioned it before that Joann's will let us use their 40%/50% off coupon and then also accept the competitors' coupon. Anyway, I tried it and they let me. Then next time I tried to use them the guy said no I couldn't. In fact he almost didn't let me use Joann's 40% off coupon and their 25% off regular/sale prices at the same time.
Hmm. Have only had one coupon to use lately, so I will have to see next time I have multiples. I would hate it if they changed their policy as I live out of town and can't go in just whenever.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:57 AM   #1029
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamper for fun View Post
I was near a different Joann's this morning and stopped by and was able to use a Joann's and Michael's 40% off coupons at the same time. The cashier told me that all Joann's should accept more than one. Go figure.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:19 PM   #1030
Pearl-ExPert

Hi everyone! I thought I would check in. I loved this thread so much. I wanted to tell so many of you how much I appreciate everything that was in this thread and the friendships I made.

I am off a new adventure. My DH & I bought our dream home. This newest chapter in my life will be full of decorating, remodeling, & as a loved one said, creating a HUGE garden. The best a new puppy to love.

I will still stamp & color. I will still make pretty things. I know I won't have time for my forums any more. I will miss them. I think the trade off is better. I almost forgot my new home will have two art studios. My DH is finally going to have his own art studio. I swear I wish you all could see him he's like us when we plan our spaces, lol. I am so excited for him.

My studio is beautiful with a deep closet, beautiful lighting & my new best friends always peeking at me. My new best friends are a dog next door and three beautiful cats.

I wish everyone the best. Keep making do. Big Hugs!

RJP111, RiverIsis and Delquinn like this post.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:07 AM   #1031
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh wow DeeAnn you will be missed but for all the right reasons! Good luck on your new adventure!
Old 04-07-2013, 02:19 AM   #1032
Insane Embellisher

Good luck DeeAnn! Enjoy your new home!
Old 04-11-2013, 09:59 AM   #1033
Proud Fan Club Member

Thought I'd post about my own little way to make due.
Instead of buying more patterend/designer papers I've been upcyclyng/recycling things like tissue boxes.
Some have the prettiest patterns and can be used for cards, boxes, tags etc.
I have several posts on my blog showing recent creations.
The first post is here: Alex's Creative Corner: Upcycled Card Collection
I will be sharing more ideas on my blog in the next week or so, and not just cards.

I've also uploaded several cards to SCS:
here's a couple of my favourites:
Recycled tissue box cards by punch-crazy - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Upcycled Cards by punch-crazy - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
jah636 likes this post.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:09 AM   #1034
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch-crazy View Post
Thought I'd post about my own little way to make due.
Instead of buying more patterend/designer papers I've been upcyclyng/recycling things like tissue boxes.
Some have the prettiest patterns and can be used for cards, boxes, tags etc.
I have several posts on my blog showing recent creations.
The first post is here: Alex's Creative Corner: Upcycled Card Collection
I will be sharing more ideas on my blog in the next week or so, and not just cards.

I've also uploaded several cards to SCS:
here's a couple of my favourites:
Recycled tissue box cards by punch-crazy - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Upcycled Cards by punch-crazy - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
WOW, great ideas. I've actually been sitting at my computer desk for days looking at my tissue box and wondering how I could recycle it. Now I have too many ideas and no empty boxes yet. Good thing it is spring allergy season as I will have some to use soon enough.
thanks
Cindy
Old 04-11-2013, 10:43 AM   #1035
Linking Queen

I actually have some tissue boxes saved but haven't used them in projects yet so I appreciate the inspiration.

Happy Crafting!
Tina aka TeeGeeDee
Old 04-11-2013, 12:22 PM   #1036
Stazon Splitcoast

I too have used tissue boxes and empty boxes that have solid colors and prints on my cards. I love to recycle all the beautiful designs.

Joan
Old 04-11-2013, 01:40 PM   #1037
Stazon Splitcoast

I use tissue boxes all the time for ATC backgrounds, tiny notebooks and inchies. The colours are phenomenal and they are good and strong. I have come to the conclusion that I am 'Canada's #1 Recycler'.... or a 'closet hoarder'. It's a pretty close call! LOL
Old 04-11-2013, 08:52 PM   #1038
Crimping Master

Tissue boxes are beautiful. I use them all the time. Thanks for the additional ideas. you have made some really beautiful cards, Alex. Below are a couple I did. The first one looks pretty plain, but is a Z-card and really utilizes the small pieces of the box. The second one uses very small pieces as one would DP.
Attached Thumbnails
celtic.jpg   tissue-box.jpg  
Old 04-12-2013, 05:12 PM   #1039
Gallery Gazer

When you buy pads of scrapping papers there is a panel with sample pics of all the papers inside, depending on the small square print I punch flowers, circles or squares out of this cover sheet.
I also do this with thicker wrapping paper if it's not wrinkled ..... I will be adding tissue boxes to that list!
Old 04-13-2013, 02:42 PM   #1040
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kduff View Post
When you buy pads of scrapping papers there is a panel with sample pics of all the papers inside, depending on the small square print I punch flowers, circles or squares out of this cover sheet.
I also do this with thicker wrapping paper if it's not wrinkled ..... I will be adding tissue boxes to that list!
Those strips also make good bookmarks! I could never stand to throw 'em out since they match the papers so nicely!
Stampin' Sooz likes this post.